34 minutes ago, ContheJon said:

Absolute hype! Thanks for the hard work Haleks and everyone else involved as well! I'll have to get back to finishing up the Takistan terrain at some point, I only really need to check a couple of things and add a tiny bit more.

The only issue bothering me at the moment is if I'm allowed to post up the mission with the modded content already in it, since it uses IFA Lite, CUP vehicles, units and everything else basically, and Friths Ruin. Basically, the units I have placed around use a variety of weapons (some have old WW2 era gear found in basements or built at larger settlements, other use modern military gear scavenged or bought off a foreign arms dealer, that sort of thing) as well as clothes from Friths Ruin and IFA.

As long as they are dependencies for the mission and not included in the download you are fine

• Like 3

@cosmic10r 

Thanks for the reply! I'm guessing I just upload a file to armaholic or the Workshop that contains the mission.pbo or something like that?

• Like 1

I am working on a new workshop mission for the Esseker map, which requires CUP Terrains Core. Am I going to have any compatibility issues?

1 hour ago, ContheJon said:

I'm guessing I just upload a file to armaholic or the Workshop that contains the mission.pbo or something like that?

That's exactly it. Just upload the bit you made (probably just the mission.pbo) and list what else is required to make it work.

Note: If you're uploading to the Steam Workshop, there is a section you can fill out detailing dependencies which makes it easy for people to check to see what they need and if they have it installed (see image). It's not compulsory to fill this out, but it's jolly helpful if you do.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/ravage/images/c/c0/Mission_details.png/revision/latest?cb=20170116010951

• Like 2

I just posted my latest Ravage workshop mission. It's pretty straight forward and simple. Ravage in Esseker. This is set up for open roam with no end game other than to Survive. Everything is optimized to maximize bandit and zombie counts without killing frames per second. Hope everyone enjoys it!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=863692776

• Like 4

Fantastic update Haleks,

I had a good feeling when i woke up this morning,well placed it seemed.

Can't wait to set up bandit hunting chance.Maybe obvious question....Do i need to replace down every module with the new update in my Eden editor?

2 hours ago, donniepcgames said:

I just posted my latest Ravage workshop mission. It's pretty straight forward and simple. Ravage in Esseker. This is set up for open roam with no end game other than to Survive. Everything is optimized to maximize bandit and zombie counts without killing frames per second. Hope everyone enjoys it!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=863692776

Oh sweet. This saves me from having to fuss around with mine in the editor. Thanks.

So I can just launch this in LAN and save and load my progress just like I would in SP?

6 hours ago, kodabar said:

That's exactly it. Just upload the bit you made (probably just the mission.pbo) and list what else is required to make it work.

Note: If you're uploading to the Steam Workshop, there is a section you can fill out detailing dependencies which makes it easy for people to check to see what they need and if they have it installed (see image). It's not compulsory to fill this out, but it's jolly helpful if you do.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/ravage/images/c/c0/Mission_details.png/revision/latest?cb=20170116010951

Thanks an absolute bunch kodabar. I wondered about the Workshop, I'll see about adding in dependencies as well when it's up.

4 hours ago, redarmy said:

Maybe obvious question....Do i need to replace down every module with the new update in my Eden editor?

Good practice would be to replace the modules from older missions with the latest ones, especially as some of the modules have had new features added and some have had their default values tweaked slightly.

• Like 3

This is a wonderful news. Thanks Haleks!

I will be pleased to test this. Do you need some MP feedback on particular points?

I'm trying to use Indbi2 to save gear contents from vehicule or crate for my players. It seems to work so far, but some deeper tests are still to be done. I rather used the missionNameSpace, but it will take a long time for my poor arma script knowledge.

I will put more videos from my team soon. Next episode: how we tried to go in town and how we failed...for the french guys around, we are more on the "7ème compagnie" spirit rather than "BadAss commando". 

And we love it!

• Like 1

Zombie blacklist area module doesn't seem to work at all, this will kinda break some things on my missions, can someone confirm that as well?

Edit: tested it on MP, local server, with module setted to always and trigger repetition to no and yes.

Thanks Haleks, was nice to wake up this morning and see you've released a new updated version. Top man! Gonna play it right away. :f:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimmakos said:

Zombie blacklist area module doesn't seem to work at all, this will kinda break some things on my missions, can someone confirm that as well?

Edit: tested it on MP, local server, with module setted to always and trigger repetition to no and yes.

Yes, can confirm.....tried all the permutations available within the module with no success. 

Does anyone have a vanilla mission.sqm file for MP dedicated server, all I want it to do is have 4 or more slots for players to spawn in?

Test of the new 0.143 version today.

I manage to use Inddbi2 to save the contents of any vehicule/crate with TADST. So now I can create a base for my players!

The new version of the MP save is working perfectly. This is really great!

The action to loot static items like bins is working in MP. 

And the next part of the adventures of my buddies and I doing absolutly bad things is available here:

• Like 2

I just had a quick idea I had to post, a suggestion. Would it be interesting having things like scrap metal, old electronic components, coffee and jewellery be in the game as random scavengeables (I just made a word up lol)? Perhaps you could find computer components in military bases or in cities, jewellery everywhere but very rare, and things like coffee or cigarettes which would obviously go for a nice price in the post-apocalypse as luxuries.

I had to post the idea before I forgot it, and I'm not sure if this sort of thing has been brought up before.

Edited by ContheJon

5 minutes ago, ContheJon said:

I just had a quick idea I had to post, a suggestion. Would it be interesting having things like scrap metal, old electronic components, coffee and jewellery be in the game as random scavengeables (I just made a word up lol)? Perhaps you could find computer components in military bases or in cities, jewellery everywhere but very rare, and things like coffee or cigarettes which would obviously go for a nice price in the post-apocalypse as luxuries.

I had to post the idea before I forgot it, and I'm not sure if this sort of thing has been brought up before.

This not really hard to be done:

+ I've created a little mod containing immersion pickable stuff with Arma 3D object when putted on the ground. With the correct 3D models and some PNG files, it will be possible to create scrap metal and other things alike.

+ With an additionnal loot system, it is possible to spawn anything on maps and defining the list of objects to be spawn.

+ Making the items usable (reparing, craft...) by scripting, on the other side, is far from my current skills ;)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, zuzul said:

This not really hard to be done:

+ I've created a little mod containing immersion pickable stuff with Arma 3D object when putted on the ground. With the correct 3D models and some PNG files, it will be possible to create scrap metal and other things alike.

+ With an additionnal loot system, it is possible to spawn anything on maps and defining the list of objects to be spawn.

+ Making the items usable (reparing, craft...) by scripting, on the other side, is far from my current skills ;)

Nice, that mod sounds neat! Be nice if ArmA 3 had the ability to spawn small objects everywhere, like little mushrooms around trees to pick and eat or something.

Love the update halek's. Think i mentioned it before but will you be adding downed choppers? Can't remember if i sent you the helicrash.pbo i'm currently using or not. Had to edit it, obviously. Adds something a bit DayZ.

My first downed chopper:

arma3_2017_02_15_10_35_40.png
multiple image uploader

Loot was a bit sh*t on this occasion but there are more choppers somewhere to find. :f:

• Like 5

On 14.2.2017 at 11:20 AM, Evil Organ said:

Yes, can confirm.....tried all the permutations available within the module with no success. 

Here the same. Zombie blacklist area does not work for me too. Did work in version 1.40 and earlier. 

I'll post a link to my edited version if anyone is interested in the helicrash.pbo. The original author "Ritchie" from this site https://epochmod.com/forum/topic/34565-dayz-style-heli-crash-sites/ which also has a link to the original unedited helicrash.pbo states it can be shared, modified etc under creative commons bla bla.

So you can use that one or i'll post mine, which has been edited to suit my own selfish needs not yours. Mine have been signed with my own keys. Maybe haleks will add this to Ravage at a later date, or not. :f:

Credits to Ritchie........

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4fbkg5khnmn2l2/lg_helicrash.zip?dl=0 here's mine with untouched as well.

It's fairly easy to modify, i mean sh*t i could do it and my brain lives in my shoe. :eh:

There's a line in helicrashes.sqf example below that i changed to smoke so change to suit. Line 70

//_burnthefucker = "test_EmptyObjectForFireBig" createVehicle (position _vehHeli);  _burnthefucker attachto [_vehHeli, [0,0,-1]]; //Fire and smoke
        _burnthefucker = "test_EmptyObjectForSmoke" createVehicle (position _vehHeli);  _burnthefucker attachto [_vehHeli, [0,0,-1]]; //Smoke 

Also change helitype. I added this heli as it looks better when spawned on uneven ground. Line 67

_helicopters = ["Land_Wreck_Heli_Attack_02_F"]; //Add Heli classnames here

Tweak these too as i did, originally it spawned too much and i don't like it too easy. Tweak your own. Line 17, 18 and 21, 22

/ Number of Crashes
//_crashNum = 3;
_crashNum = (floor(random 2) + 1); // Min 1, Max 2

// Number of Loot Piles
//_lootNum = 8;
_lootNum = (floor(random 8) + 2); // Min 2, Max 8

Also change loot to whatever you want, this is my current loot, still tweaking.

//Military Loot
_loot = [
	"B_BergenG","B_Carryall_cbr","B_Carryall_khk","B_Carryall_oli","B_FieldPack_ocamo","B_FieldPack_oli","B_FieldPack_oucamo","B_BergenC_red","B_Bergen_mcamo","B_Kitbag_cbr","B_Kitbag_mcamo","B_Kitbag_rgr","B_Kitbag_sgg", 

"APERSBoundingMine_Range_Mag","APERSMine_Range_Mag","APERSTripMine_Wire_Mag","ATMine_Range_Mag","Chemlight_blue","Chemlight_red","HandGrenade","SatchelCharge_Remote_Mag",

"Land_Box_AmmoOld_F",

"FirstAidKit","ItemWatch","Binocular","ItemCompass","ItemGPS","ItemMap","ItemRadio","acc_flashlight",

"B_TacticalPack_blk","B_TacticalPack_mcamo","B_TacticalPack_ocamo","B_TacticalPack_oli","B_TacticalPack_rgr",

"B_Bergen_mcamo_F","B_Bergen_tna_F","B_ViperHarness_blk_F","B_ViperHarness_khk_F","B_ViperHarness_oli_F","B_ViperLightHarness_blk_F","B_ViperLightHarness_khk_F","B_ViperLightHarness_oli_F", //Apex

"U_B_CombatUniform_mcam","U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_worn","U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_tshirt","U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_vest","U_O_OfficerUniform_ocamo","U_I_CombatUniform","U_I_CombatUniform_shortsleeve",

"U_I_OfficerUniform","U_C_WorkerCoverallsCamo","U_C_WorkerCoverallsBlack","U_C_WorkerCoverallsBandit","U_C_WorkerCoveralls","U_B_CTRG_2","U_B_CTRG_1",

"V_PlateCarrierIA2_dgtl","V_Rangemaster_belt","V_BandollierB_khk","V_BandollierB_blk","V_BandollierB_cbr","V_Chestrig_blk","V_Chestrig_khk","V_TacVest_khk",

"V_TacVest_oli","V_TacVest_blk","V_TacVestCamo","V_TacVestIR_blk","V_HarnessOGL_brn","V_HarnessOSpec_brn","V_HarnessO_gry","V_HarnessO_brn",

"V_PlateCarrier1_rgr_noflag_F","V_PlateCarrier2_rgr_noflag_F","V_HarnessO_ghex_F","V_TacChestrig_cbr_F","V_TacChestrig_grn_F","V_TacChestrig_oli_F", //Apex

"hgun_Pistol_01_F","arifle_AKS_F","arifle_AKM_F","hgun_Pistol_01_F","arifle_AK12_F","arifle_CTAR_blk_F","SMG_05_F","arifle_SPAR_01_blk_F","LMG_03_F","arifle_SPAR_03_blk_F","launch_RPG7_F", //Apex

"hgun_PDW2000_F","SMG_02_F","hgun_ACPC2_F","hgun_Pistol_heavy_01_F","hgun_Rook40_F","hgun_Pistol_heavy_02_F",

"arifle_Mk20C_plain_F","arifle_Mk20C_F","hgun_PDW2000_F","SMG_02_F","arifle_TRG20_F","SMG_01_F","srifle_DMR_06_camo_F",//dlc"srifle_DMR_06_olive_F",//dlc"arifle_MX_Black_F","arifle_MXC_Black_F",

"arifle_Katiba_C_F","srifle_EBR_F","arifle_MXM_Black_F","srifle_DMR_01_F","LMG_Zafir_F","LMG_Mk200_F"
];

Enjoy :f:

And last of all, the most important. Credits to haleks for creating such a f*ckin' addictive mod. If Ravage was a needle i'd be an addict. :f:

• Like 5

Thanks for the swift feedback guys! I hope everyone is having fun. ;)

I'll try to come up soon with a hotfix for the blacklist zones problem, meanwhile, test the shit out of this release : the next update after this will most likely not happen soon, so I might as well fix everything I can with the hotfix.

• Like 8

Strike that, Ive been using etg heli by kellojo,

Nearly identical scripts when I read it..

2 hours ago, FireWalker said:

Strike that, Ive been using etg heli by kellojo,

Nearly identical scripts when I read it..

Yeah i tried the ETG Heli script before finding the one i'm using, but it wasn't what i wanted. I wanted a simple pre crashed heli script with loot and nothing more. Either one is good at what it does. :f:

I think crashed heli's with loot just compliments Ravage. :f:

• Like 1