Hows it going? Im really enjoying your mod and have been making a Australia map game out of it. I've managed to get ACE working with it in single player and a few other mods as well. I spent along time last night uninstalling mods to get it to work for multiplayer, i managed to get most of ACE working, got the interaction menus working and even got traders and custom loot spots done too. The only thing that seems to have stopped working when you go to multiplayer is the survival system. It comes up with missing number in function line 19, Ill try and get a picture to post so you can see it.

Everything works well in Single player just in Multiplayer i have no survival settings. Can't eat or drink and zombies sort of don't attack, if you stand still they don't but as soon as you move they do. Its quite odd.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, haleks said:

Enabling that option from the loot module (by setting search values above 0) should be enough. Note that it's broken in MP though, it will be fixed very soon!

Ok so MP is broken. That's the info I was looking for. 

Thanks Haleks!

On 2/3/2017 at 0:27 PM, Zakuaz said:

Appears to be human haha... yeah the game simply drops them out of the sky off in a distance.  Last night I looked at it more closely and it may be some conflict with TPW.  On more then a few of the human drop moments I saw they were dropped close to empty vehicles on a road.  I will take another look at it this weekend, I'd imagine it is not anything related to Ravage but Ravage is all I've played for weeks now so that was obviously where I'd witness the spectacle hah.

This is an Arma issue. Exile had this issue for a while when it first came out. I'm not sure how they fixed it. You might want to look on the Exile forums. I think there was a quick fix that they posted. Maybe you could use something from it.

Hey I love this mod a lot and, have been working on a mission senario but I hit one snag with it. I am currently using ACE3 which is compatible but, I see that no loot has spawned with its medical material which comes to be a bit of a problem when all your team members run out of banages or morphine. Does anyone know of way to get it to spawn?

Hey does anyone know why my friend can't find ammo in MP with me? I also am getting an error that says the following: File ravage\code\rvgLoot\pre_init.sqf, line 28

Could this be the problem? Sorry I'm still new to scripts and such.

Edit: so it turns out my friend can't find weapons either. We have tried it at 100 percent and nothing for him still. The error persists in the middle of my screen. Is this something that is being worked on, or an issue that is specific to me?

Edited by Sessaku_Ame
New info

7 hours ago, Chris02845 said:

Hey I love this mod a lot and, have been working on a mission senario but I hit one snag with it. I am currently using ACE3 which is compatible but, I see that no loot has spawned with its medical material which comes to be a bit of a problem when all your team members run out of banages or morphine. Does anyone know of way to get it to spawn?

ACE3 is not full compatible hence when you are finding issues with medical system.

Big playtime this weekend with my buddies. We finished at 05:00 AM; It was absolutely amazing! Really the best zombie module I'he ever played on!!!!

The video (in French)

For information, we were 5 players with no lags, only some rollback when we were in a vehicule but really minor issues.

We are playing with TADST on my computer (i7/GTX980/16Go Ram) and a shitty internet connection (standard french connexion type).The zombie are set to 20 zed/player, max to 100 Zed, sun factor on (but no lag seen on night times). Cleanup script is running, and the atmospheric module options are all on.

I will keep adding players from my friends to see the limits of running Ravage with TADST and provide here some feedbacks.

Some comments:

- In vehicules, you can take the items in cargo only if you or one of your teammates has been in the driver's seat. It might have a link to the "owned" status of a vehicule.

- In units, looting a dead corpse can be difficult. The workaround is to take not the items, but the backpack, uniform or vest of the unit to have access to all items inside. Also, if you leave your uniform with some items in it in a crate or on the ground, sometimes you cannot take it back. It seems that ravage items are concerned, I will conduct more tests to see what I can find to help. 

- Backpack with tent for respawn does not seems to work in MP. The respawn point is created and broadcast to every players, but it cannot be selected on respawn (respawn tent module setting is on). 

- Ravage Sleeping bags does not seems to do anything in MP.

Loot:

- We kept finding a lot of binoculars in crates. Did I do someting wrong in the loot module or did you try to sell me something Haleks ? ;) 

- There are lot of First Aid Kit available in the vehicules spawned by Ravage (my setting on the vehicule module is set to "medium"). Maybe a clearItemCargo followed by a random 3 on the FirstAid Kits can be a better solution.

Requests:

+ would it be possible to spawn Bandits like it is done for the Zombies in Zeus Module?

+ my idea is to create a safe base for the players. In order to do this, I need some crates with a save/load as addaction. I will do it as an external save system with Indbi, but having this kind of save/load script to put on a crate/vehicule will be helpful for mission makers I think.

+ I'm using the fuel consomption mod (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/195120-fuel-consumption/) to have a better immersion. Currently, I'm using Zeus to put the script directly on a vehicule when a player decide on the fly to keep a vehicule. Is there a way to catch all vehicules spawned by Ravage and to add this script directly from the init of the server? 

Thanks

• Like 4

Hi Zuzul!

Always nice to see people having a blast. :)

Some of the issues you had are fixed already on my end:

- The loot module currently fails to spawn items from supported mods on MP/dedi servers - known and fixed.

- FAK still present in wrecks (something I fixed this morning, actually ^^).

Problems with taking loot from containers and vehicles are still being looked on, but I probably won't have time to fix it for Ravage 143, sadly. Respawn tents not working is new though, but not totally unexpected - there were added before the respawn overhaul BIS made recently; I'll have to check this too...

I will take a look at your requests and report back, but spawning bandits from Zeus is going to be tricky.

• Like 4

Just now, haleks said:

Hi Zuzul!

Always nice to see people having a blast. :)

Some of the issues you had are fixed already on my end:

- The loot module currently fails to spawn items from supported mods on MP/dedi servers - known and fixed.

- FAK still present in wrecks (something I fixed this morning, actually ^^).

Problems with taking loot from containers and vehicles is still being looked on, but I probably won't have time to fix it for Ravage 143, sadly. Respawn tents not working is new though, but totally unexpected - there were added before the respawn oberhaul BIS made recently; I'll have to take a look at this too...

I will take a look at your requests and report back, but spawning bandits from Zeus is going to be tricky.

Hi Haleks,

honestly, this mod is the best Zombier mod we ever played; some of us were on DayZ, and they find your module far better on many aspects. A real big thank you for having spend so many hours on this one and keeping improving it. If I can do anything to help you, despite my lack of program skills on arma at this moment, I will be pleased to do so.

Wonderful news for the loot and the FAK.

For the bandits, yep, it looks like it is going to be tricky. I'm working on a workaround to use a script with zeus / to be putted in the init script of an unit to randomly create a bandit with appropriate loot. 

For the tents it is really a minor issue for me since I can use Zeus at anytime to add a respawn point. 

Do you need me to put the requests somewhere else than this thread?

• Like 1

Requests on this thread are fine (I don't have time to maintain or read multiple sites/forums anyway), I don't always answer to them but do consider every suggestion.

For the bandits matter, one function that will be usefull is rvg_fnc_equip :

0 = [this] call rvg_fnc_equip

It will assign a random loadout (after clearing the default one) to any unit based on the modules settings.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, haleks said:

0 = [this] call rvg_fnc_equip

It will assign a random loadout (after clearing the default one) to any unit based on the modules settings.

You just spare me 1 hour of work.

Thanks !!!

• Like 1

Whats the progress of adding support for the new cup (JBAD) buildings and OCP so far, Is this a future plan or something that will be delivered sooner?

• Like 1

hows it going? Still really enjoying your mod, my computer struggles alittle on the Australia map with it but i can deal. My friend was testing my mission for me and he accidently fixed the ACE problem i was having. If he new how he did it i would let you guys know but in pretty sure it was dumb luck.

Im not getting any friendly AI spawning or traders. Plenty of bandits and Civi are spawning. Is there a way to make a static trader somewhere on the map or even ain a random location.

Vehicles arnt spawning with loot in them is there anything i can do to give them random items?

Thanks for the great mod.

• Like 1

Good day Haleks and all...

I dont mean to derail the topic,but as im sure most of you are aware,Arma3 has a quite troublesome issue at the moment...The 3FPS bug...

The devs are asking for people to help narrow down the issues and have provided a number of ways for people to do this.

The main reason i am posting here,is that in all my time i have had the 3FPS bug,and Arma3 crash bug happen on me,it has NEVER been while playing either a Ravage mission or self made ravage mission.My own theory is that the issue may be to do with audio/explosions.And i beleive for the most part,Ravage users and Ravage missions tend to be made in a less militaristic way,and the envoirment is quite different.

So i am hoping you all can post if you have had the 3FPS bug in a typical ravage scenario(typical meaning survival,non military,non high explosive type of scenario).And if you experienced the issue in a Ravage mission,what was happening at that time...ie was there a grenade thrown etc etc and rough timestamp.

If anyone has experienced/or not experienced the bug in a Ravage mission,especially those which lasted more than 40 or so minutes,please just add that info the next time you post.And please take a look at the link above to see if you can contribute.

Thanks all,sorry Haleks for being off topic but i can play Ravage style scenarios for hours and have no issues,and there are alot of Ravage users at this point.Looking forward to the next update as always.

• Like 3

I thought this bug was solved months ago. There is a thread or a post to follow and report feedbacks?

I got some difficulty when playing MP: we do not found enough ammo, and we struggle a little bit too much on that part. Having more than a magazine is rarely happening and this is going against the fun. This is not a real issue when MP at 2/3 people, but quite incredible when playing at 5 or 6.

I have multiple ways to do a workaround, but I was wondering if I was the only one having this issue. I'm playing on chernarus with RHS USAF/AFRF. 

Any feedbacks welcomed.

Zuzul I'm having a different problem about the same thing. I'm not getting any ammo for tge guns I pick up.

Got a m9 and 6 revolver mags a heap of other gun mags as well. I'm in the process of trying to edit loot spawn. Will let you know how I go.

This mod works well with the simple shop scripts by HG. All ravage items appear with icons and no glitches.

• Like 1

Just now, Chris Smith said:

Zuzul I'm having a different problem about the same thing. I'm not getting any ammo for tge guns I pick up.

Got a m9 and 6 revolver mags a heap of other gun mags as well. I'm in the process of trying to edit loot spawn. Will let you know how I go.

This mod works well with the simple shop scripts by HG. All ravage items appear with icons and no glitches.

Thanks for your feedback. I'm using another loot script (because of the static object loot bug) to ensure more loot, and yesterday I discover that the classical way of retrieving the ammo from the weapon class is not working. My ammo loot code:

private _magazines = [
  configFile >> _config >> _weapon >> "magazines",
  configFile >> _config >> _weapon
] select (_config isEqualTo "cfgMagazines");

This seems not to retrieve the correct magazines for the RHS weapons. I'm keeping on investigating, and I will try with a lootMagList made by hand if needed. 

@zuzul : Here's a way to retrieve magazines used by a weapon :

_magazinearray = getArray (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _weaponClassname >> "magazines")

Usually the first element of the array will be the "default" mag.

As for loot spawns, it is working as intended : no matter how many survivors in a group, loot is still scarce. There is also the fact that the loot system was made with Altis in mind, where each building is enterable and cities are bigger compared to previous BIS terrains. So yeah, looting in let's say Chernarus is much harder than Altis.

What spawn values are you using in your missions?

@redarmy : Thanks for the information!

Luckily, I never had the 3 FPS thing either (and I have a somewhat modest machine); your suggestion could be a lead.

It would be interesting to know if anyone here had that issue with and/or without the Ravage mod active.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, haleks said:

@zuzul : Here's a way to retrieve magazines used by a weapon :

_magazinearray = getArray (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _weaponClassname >> "magazines")

Usually the first element of the array will the "default" mag.

As for loot spawns, it is working as itended : no matter how many survivors in a group, loot is still scarce. There is also the fact that the loot system was made with Altis in mind, where each building is enterable and cities are bigger compared to previous BIS terrains. So yeah, looting in let's say Chernarus is much harder than Altis.

What spawn values are you using in your missions?

Thanks Halek. I'll give it a shot asap to see if the RHS is correctly spawning the default mag with your proposal.

For Chernarus, I totaly agree with you. This is also why I use an additionnal loot spawner to have more items to loot.

Yesterday I've tried with 70% for weapons, but we did not found many weapons and most of them were without ammo. I need to keep digging to found where I made a mistake.

Redarmy,

Myself, and the eight or so others that play on the server have not experienced the FPS issue, and we play Ravage several nights a week.

CBA_A3

Ravage

WarfareThaiEx

FrithsRuin

Arma Enhanced Movement

Play on either Tanoa or Altis.

• Like 5

@redarmy I have had instances where the game crawls to 3FPS and there is nothing I can do but kill the game.  Interesting theory about the circumstances or conditions triggering the issue.  I used to get it a lot, I had tons of mods running and would hit the 3FPS wall an hour or so into any mission/session. This was months ago and prior to me diving into Ravage land.  

Recently since getting into ravage I pruned out my mods list considerably. I, in the past 3 or 4 (maybe more) weeks of nothing but Ravage, have only had two instances with the 3fps bug. Both times occurred when I had jumped out/exited a vehicle and RMB to scope in on some Renegades close by who were taking shots at me. Some weekend Ravage sessions last until I crash... and I mean like not a game crash... I either decide I need to sleep or I'm lit AF and call it good haha. 

So as far as what mods I pruned out; the heavy hitters I no longer run are AI mods and I also took MCC off the roster.  Mind you, not because I thought they caused problems but I simply didnt need them for Ravage. So I have no idea but I hope the Devs fix it =).  

Haleks, Any way we could get a starting squad dialogue in one of the modules? I love what little persistence we have but every day I fire up Ravage I spend my first hour hoping to find a squadmate... and it's a plus if he is the same dude I had the day before when I logged out.  I'd love to be able to drop a module in that allowed me to start a mission with a survivor of my choice.  Oh and it would be fun to find cans of beer while shooting and looting hah!

Long post sorry =/

• Like 2

To go along with what Zakuaz just stated, and not trying to get completely off topic, my group run a very small set of mods/addons. We used to run lots of stuff and just realized one day that was causing lots of issues. Take ACE for example: We only run that on our military servers, and we only run CBA and zues along with it. ACE can cause many issues with other addons, and I mean MANY issues. ARMA is another one of those things in life where less is more.

The RAVAGE server I run only gets restarted maybe twice a week. It runs like a sewing machine. Only once in about three months did I get a phone call about restarting the server because it had gotten itself jacked up. Its running 6 year old hardware with an SSD.  (EVGA 790i Ultra with a Q9650 Quad - overclocked of course)

On top of that, me and the other guy that manage the servers spend a good bit of time optimizing and keeping them "clean" of trash files.

On the flip side of the coin: Especially noticeable with RAVAGE, if someone even attempts to join that server and they have one of the four addons outdated or not loaded - all hell breaks loose. Shit won't spawn, some people can't see zombies, game basically breaks down. They don't even have to come all the way into the game. Its happened a couple times where the server keys boot them out, and the server still gets screwed all to hell...  So there is that.

Anyway, back to your local broadcast. I'm done.  :drinking2:

Fire out

edit: 

In hindsight this has happened in RAVAGE, but its been a while, and I can definitively say it was when we were tracking down players with wrong mod versions and wrong mods loaded. It has not happened since that. I remember it happened to me twice when using a scope that was part of Warfare Thai (I guess), it was attached to a rifle that I picked up from a dead ai. It happened twice, but it was right then we were figuring out version issues. I might be able to replicate it...

• Like 1

Firewalker and Zakuaz,

Thanks for the feedback.The "looking down scope" sentence,i have heard from other people before about them getting the issue when they did this.So that is quite interesting and maybe helps narrow down the issue further.

Devs are seemingly sure the issue occurs on non modded games also,but i have also cut down my mod list and noticed a delay in game session for the issue to occur.

Hi Haleks

You probably missed my post 4 pages back :-)

Do you have any ide what i can do to fix my issues?

4 hours ago, Technrd said:

Hi Haleks

You probably missed my post 4 pages back :-)

Do you have any ide what i can do to fix my issues?

The problem is that your trying to combine two complex mods, Ravage wasn't designed to work with Exile and vice versa. So making it work will not be simple!

• Like 1