Sorry, I don't know much about editing. And by prompt do you want me to comment on the page?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SpaceWolf said:

Sorry, I don't know much about editing. And by prompt do you want me to comment on the page?

Yep. Just leave a comment on the page listing what you know is wrong (give links and stuff if you have them) so that I can more easily fix it. I really would appreciate it.

I had someone who played one of my missions say that they tried to connect to a friends MP server and every time they try to spawn in the character dies by itself right away. Any ideas what might cause this?

4 minutes ago, donniepcgames said:

I had someone who played one of my missions say that they tried to connect to a friends MP server and every time they try to spawn in the character dies by itself right away. Any ideas what might cause this?

I had this issue once. Do you have respawn enabled in the multiplayer settings of the scenario? If so I have found disabling it fixes that problem.

@donniepcgames : does your mission use the MP save feature? Any respawn involved?

SpaceWolf's comment makes me thing there could be a potential conflict when both are enabled.

5 minutes ago, haleks said:

@donniepcgames : does your mission use the MP save feature? Any respawn involved?

SpaceWolf's comment makes me thing there could be a potential conflict when both are enabled.

Why not try to reproduce this error just to confirm it is an actual bug with ravage and not normal ArmA 3? (Just in case it was not clear I am speaking of the BIS respawn.

)

so i have run into a peculiar problem when i run ravage. love the game and works great all up until i save and reload the game. when it reloads everything is the exact same but i lose all huds. no ammo count, fire mode, fuel gauge or speed indicators nothing not even crosshair anymore. when i reload this always comes up and i cant figure out what it is anyone have an idea?

it always says this after i reload

babe_em already initialised...canceling reinit

babe_core already initialised...canceling reinit

babe_nvg already initialised...canceling reinit

babe_laser already initialised...canceling reinit

babe_int already initialised...canceling reint

i have tried removing all mods except base ones and still have this problem. i have been creating my own scenario and exporting to single player but i get this on both original mission and missions i have made on different maps. like tanoa or esseker. any feed back would be great. again love the mod keep up the good work!

Did you use the Ravage save feature or the BIS one? You need to press 0-0-1 and Quick Save in order to save.

hello!
just wanted to say i tried ravage on 64 bit arma and it works fine, from what i can tell. also, 64 bit is *awesome* (with 16gb ram)!! so smooth, it almost feels like a different game to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fight197 said:

so i have run into a peculiar problem when i run ravage. love the game and works great all up until i save and reload the game. when it reloads everything is the exact same but i lose all huds. no ammo count, fire mode, fuel gauge or speed indicators nothing not even crosshair anymore. when i reload this always comes up and i cant figure out what it is anyone have an idea?

i have tried removing all mods except base ones and still have this problem. i have been creating my own scenario and exporting to single player but i get this on both original mission and missions i have made on different maps. like tanoa or esseker. any feed back would be great. again love the mod keep up the good work!

This is from Enhanced Movement- No issues with that code, it's a good thing, it's just checking that EH works correctly when you load back into a previously saved mission. 

• Like 2

Oh okay good to know that isn't the problem then. anyone have any ideas why my hud disappears when I reload games though? it would be awesome if I could figure that out.

4 hours ago, fight197 said:

Try running this mod http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24615

It reinitializes mods upon loading game.If thats your issue(though i doubt it is)this should fix it.

• Like 1

Hey Haleks... CUP Terrains 0.1.3.0 has more and updated JBAD buildings, such as firemen station, control tower, jailhouse, etc...all opened up, for our looting pleasures lol

Have you already included those JBAD buildings on loot spawn tables or they´re yet to be added? Wink wink =)

CUP´s Cherno now is as close to DayZ SA as possible... YAY!

Cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

Hey Haleks... CUP Terrains 0.1.3.0 has more and updated JBAD buildings, such as firemen station, control tower, jailhouse, etc...all opened up, for our looting pleasures lol

Have you already included those JBAD buildings on loot spawn tables or they´re yet to be added? Wink wink =)

Cheers

Hello,

it has been discussed on the previous page: we need someone to create the template for the loot using the solution proposed by redarmy I guess.

In the meantime, OpenCharnus is not supported as far as I known for the loot system from Ravage.

11 hours ago, donniepcgames said:

I have MP save and respawn enabled. Should I turn both off?

Try to turn one off; I guess what happened is this : the MP save feature failed to start a "new" save after a player died, and restores his previous state upon respawn (wich is 0 health).

5 hours ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

Cheers

Downloading it now!

I will definitely update the loot system for CUP - but I can't promise it will be done for the next update. ;)

• Like 2

Hello,

a quick question: do you think it would be possible to create "sleeper zombies"? They will "play dead until a unit will pass nearby (let say by example less than 5 meters).

I see how  to force a Zombie to lay down ( this setUnitPos "DOWN";) and to desactivate the behavior once laying on the ground (this enableSimulation false;), but I'm not enough familliar with Arma AI to know how it can detect a player and how to alter this. Does someone got an idea? I will appreciate any direction to look at.

Thanks

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zuzul said:

Hello,

a quick question: do you think it would be possible to create "sleeper zombies"? They will "play dead until a unit will pass nearby (let say by example less than 5 meters).

I see how  to force a Zombie to lay down ( this setUnitPos "DOWN";) and to desactivate the behavior once laying on the ground (this enableSimulation false;), but I'm not enough familliar with Arma AI to know how it can detect a player and how to alter this. Does someone got an idea? I will appreciate any direction to look at.

Thanks

You could wait until the zed has a target in sight before cancelling the UnitPos :

waitUntil {!isNil {_zed getVariable "_zTarget"}};

Although having the simulation disabled on the zed could prevent that from working, if you have issues, you could try disableAI "MOVE" and "ANIM".

• Like 1

Just now, haleks said:

You could wait until the zed has a target in sight before cancelling the UnitPos :

waitUntil {!isNil {_zed getVariable "_zTarget"}};

Although having the simulation disabled on the zed could prevent that from working, if you have issues, you could try disableAI "MOVE" and "ANIM".

Great! I will test this soon!!!

Quick question: the _zTarget variable is coming from Ravage or is part of Arma (I'm trying to understand better the code, sorry if this is a lame question).

It is part of the ravage code : usually pretty much every addon relying on scripts will use custom variables like this.

Best practice, wich I don't always observe, is to use a tag on variables, file names, config entries etc... to differentiate them from vanilla content.

The vanilla game also has a shit-ton of variables that can be used for various purposes (disable random headgear, prevent AI from leaving vehicles), but I don't know if there is a source somewhere listing those. That would be usefull...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, SpaceWolf said:

Did you use the Ravage save feature or the BIS one? You need to press 0-0-1 and Quick Save in order to save.

I have been using the regular save. that you push esc then go to save. I do have multiple saves enabled I don't know If that would effect it though.

Test to see if the quick save option will work. I suspect that may be your problem.

6 minutes ago, SpaceWolf said:

Test to see if the quick save option will work. I suspect that may be your problem.

this may be dumb question but how do I quick save?

never have used or know how all I use is esc then click save.