@zuzul...Regarding trash loot, have you configured the loot module to enable trash loot?  Trash loot values are set to 0 by default.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

@zuzul...Regarding trash loot, have you configured the loot module to enable trash loot?  Trash loot values are set to 0 by default.

Hi,

thanks for your reply. By "enable trash loot" you mean in the loot module having values in "Static Objects: [whatever]" values > 0? If yes, all have positive values.

The main issue is that I don't have the addAction() to search in trash bin neither in static crates inside the map. When I come close to them, nothing is available. I will investigate, since I added some player addAction for another module, maybe it create some conflicts somehow.

And for your outfit problem, I don't see how to help you, sorry. But for creating a specific outfit for the zombies, why don't you use the virtual arsenal to save a loadout? 

@zuzul, you could be right regarding an addAction conflict with another mod being the cause.

Good advice whenever an issue rises with Ravage is to get back to basics, load up Ravage and CBA only and see if the problem still exists.

Regarding your advice for a zed loadout, I have tried all sorts of permutations, saving a loadout in the VA, saving as a custom composition in Eden, but no joy....thx for the tip anyway.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

@zuzul, you could be right regarding an addAction conflict with another mod being the cause.

Good advice whenever an issue rises with Ravage is to get back to basics, load up Ravage and CBA only and see if the problem still exists.

Regarding your advice for a zed loadout, I have tried all sorts of permutations, saving a loadout in the VA, saving as a custom composition in Eden, but no joy....thx for the tip anyway.

Agree, back to Basic.

For your issue: in the rvg_zeds\scripts\misc\zed_uniforms.sqf, you will find the complete list of uniforms available to the Zombie. You will need to check with Haleck to alter it but I think this might help you.

@zuzul.....thx again man, i'll check it out.....having the option to create a loadout for the single unit zed could prove useful to mission makers....hand placed "Boss Zeds". :eyeheart: 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

@zuzul.....thx again man, i'll check it out.....having the option to create a loadout for the single unit zed could prove useful to mission makers....hand placed "Boss Zeds". :eyeheart: 

Perhaps the Boss Zeds could be equipped with bodyarmour. No helmet, so only head shots will kill.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Frootloopsit said:

Hi thanks for the reply, i am using version 1.62 and i am starting an existing mission. The Altis one that is with the ravage mod.

I wonder why suddenly people with old ArmA 3 versions pop up here. What kind of door has been opened?

• Like 3

Its Haleks fault for updating and staying on top of things all the time.   Blame him!!  LOL

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, tortuosit said:

I wonder why suddenly people with old ArmA 3 versions pop up here. What kind of door has been opened?

Probably the sort that don't have a legal version of Arma3. As i thought disabling automatic updates in steam had been removed. 

Anyway - probably best to get back on topic :f:

Perhaps the Boss Zeds could be equipped with bodyarmour. No helmet, so only head shots will kill.

Or alternatively give them body armour and a helmet to be extra evil :evil:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Probably the sort that don't have a legal version of Arma3. As i thought disabling automatic updates in steam had been removed. 

Yes, but I wonder why suddenly... Maybe it's a specific community or something... I was honestly surprised because since Steam/Steam sales,,, I thought virtually nobody needs to play pirated games... It's just surprising.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Or alternatively give them body armour and a helmet to be extra evil :evil:

You can already do this with single zed units that are available in the Eden editor, the problem is with selecting a different uniform for them, they will always default back to a civilian vanilla uniform.

1 hour ago, tortuosit said:

Yes, but I wonder why suddenly... Maybe it's a specific community or something... I was honestly surprised because since Steam/Steam sales,,, I thought virtually nobody needs to play pirated games... It's just surprising.

I get a lot of emails and comments from people about DayZ, Ravage and ArmA 3. Not as many as I once did, but it's still a lot - way more than we see on here. The amount of people playing on pirate versions hasn't really changed much from what I've seen. Whilst you may have less reason to pirate games these days, that's not true for everyone.

For instance, in Peru, ArmA 3 currently costs 149.95 Sol and 109.05 for the Apex DLC. Minimum wage in Peru is 850 Sol a month. So buying ArmA 3 and Apex will cost more than 9 days wages. In the UK, someone on minimum wage could buy ArmA 3 and Apex after less than one day's work. These huge disparities in price and earning power mean that for some people, games are still unaffordable. Factor in slow, unreliable, expensive internet and large updates and suddenly Steam isn't so great. I use Peru as an example because one of the recent pirates I came across was from Peru.

DayZ is online only. If you don't have a low-latency, reliable and cheap internet connection, it makes it impractical to play. So some people are looking for a survival mod they can play offline. And Ravage, as the best of them (in my opinion), is attractive to them as an alternative. When DayZ was only a mod, the only way to play offline was to use one of the modified versions that people, including Haleks, had created, I would get messages every day from people who were grateful because their poor internet meant they could never play the official mod. And it wasn't just from second and third world countries - I would get messages from people in countries like Australia and even the UK. I live in the English countryside myself, so I'm very familiar with terrible internet. I used to have to download Steam games and updates over mobile internet dongles.

I've sometimes wondered about setting up a donation fund to gift copies of the game to people who can't otherwise afford it. Sadly, I haven't been able to think of any practical way of doing that. So what I've been doing instead is buying copies with the money I've gained from Google ads on my old blog and YouTube videos.

I'd suggest that in future, whenever someone posts, who it seems likely is using a pirate version, we just say that Ravage requires the latest version of ArmA 3 and leave it at that. I sincerely hope this is the last time we'll ever have to mention or discuss piracy. I doubt that any of us can say that we've never pirated anything.

• Like 3

One thing to consider is some people who play SP may default to offline mode like I once did because their Internet download is capped.

If you have limited gb per month then the auto updates could result in significant bills. 

I had to add 15$ a month for unlimited gb because between arma and netflix I was getting 90% used in the first week of the 4 week billing cycle.

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

I found something: on Chernarus, the trash bins and other static loot are not working on dedicated servers. Everything is running perfectly on SP and MP hosted, but no action added when we are on a dedicated server.

Haleks: if you need more tests from my side do not hesitate to tell me.

Also, a little video made on chernarus with some of my buddies (in french). Sorry for the poor quality of it, I'm learning how to use OBS (and the next one will be far better !)

Cheers 

• Like 2

@zuzul, are you sure you guys are not running into some kind of mod conflict?...I just ran a quick test on my dedicated server with Ravage v142 and CBA and have no issues with static loot spawns...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

@zuzul, are you sure you guys are not running into some kind of mod conflict?...I just ran a quick test on my dedicated server with Ravage v142 and CBA and have no issues with static loot spawns...

Well.....shit. 

I'm on my way to test all my mods one by one.

Thanks a lot for your help!

• Like 1

Ok, this is crazy. 

I still have the same issue each time I'm going on Dedicated Server.

I'm using as mod : CBA - Ravage - CUP Terrains core - CUP terrains map

I'm using the TADST for making a dedicated server.

I'm loosing it on this issue. 

On 20/01/2017 at 0:13 AM, Caluu66x said:

when is next update due?

6 minutes ago, Caluu66x said:

dear sir, when is the 1.43 update?

Lol......you do know that R0adki11 is a Ravage fan.....:wave:

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Caluu66x said:

dear sir, when is the 1.43 update?

When its ready and not before :f:.

(Please note asking for updates is considered spam on these forums) 

• Like 2

Is there anyway in this mod for me to get rid of the running zombies and just have walkers?

idk if i'm just a scrub lord and crappy at the game but i cant go into a town with running zombies in it because they always catch me and kill me no matter what and i even use a mod to get rid of stamina bar, but they always catch up and it makes me mad. this mod is amazing but i need a way to get rid of running zombies so i can loot more stuff and actually stay alive.

8 minutes ago, Chiggles said:

Is there anyway in this mod for me to get rid of the running zombies and just have walkers?

idk if i'm just a scrub lord and crappy at the game but i cant go into a town with running zombies in it because they always catch me and kill me no matter what and i even use a mod to get rid of stamina bar, but they always catch up and it makes me mad. this mod is amazing but i need a way to get rid of running zombies so i can loot more stuff and actually stay alive.

Open your mission up and the Ravage module for the zombies has an option to have Walkers, Bolters or both...I'll assume yours is set to both so simply change that to Walkers only.

• Like 2

Hey Chiggles, have you tried using Enhanced Movement, It will give you much more options to evade those nasty runner zeds.

• Like 2

Can confirm, climbed on a tin shed roof with 5 other guys for a while, as all of us had no ammo left, before one of us pulled the pin of a grenade and jumped into the horde. 

I honoured his sacrifice by taking his hat from his body and wearing it, then the convoy kept rolling. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, jarrad96 said:

Can confirm, climbed on a shed roof with a team of guys for a while, as all had no ammo, before one of us pulled the pin of a grenade and jumped into the horde. 

i do this all the time when getting chased but there really is no escape at all because you can run for days and not leave there aggro zone. so they just keep following you till u shoot them.

16 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

Hey Chiggles, have you tried using Enhanced Movement, It will give you much more options to evade those nasty runner zeds.

i do have enhanced movement installed doesn't help to much seeming how like i said above you can run from them for days and they just keep chasing me till i kill them nothing i can do. i just want a way for them to not exist and only have walkers.

this is the only complaint i have with this scenario/mod if it isn't to much work or trouble i would love to see a version where u just take out the running zombies for people like me who don't like them. 

Edited by Chiggles
  • Like 1