@Zakuaz....dude, you sure love that Tac Bac.  :tounge_o: 

• Like 1

Bacon = yum, Canned bacon so you can have bacon anytime = Heckyes!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

I don't think medkits are in the Ravage lootlist.......

Yeah, sorry, I meant first aid kit, not medkit. 

7 hours ago, haleks said:

Throwable items can be used to draw away zombies.

Hey Haleks, about what i quoted in your changelog, i been pondering how to distract zombies and AI in general, for example in sniper elite games, especially in sniper elite 3 you can throw a rock somewhere

and the enemy AI will go and investigate, you can even create a small fire with smoke that will get their attention to distract them, im trying to figure out how this can be done.

• Like 3

Adding another idea, and question.

Is killing bandits, they would revive to become a zombie after so much time, but only those bandits who did not get killed by headshots.

Lastly is it possible to have it where the runner zeds dont crouch but stay standing, imo it kinda of breaks immersion of what a zombie is supposed to act like, basically a stumbling person.

21 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Perhaps would be better to notify the author of the mission rather than here :f:

Absolutely agree.

I made a note of here because it's used in a few Ravage missions, therefore, slightly on topic.

Hello Haleks and Ravage community,

- something quite missing (or maybe I didn't found how to do it as usual) is the ability to repack magazines. I'll soon test the QS Mag Repack to see if it can provide some helpful solution.

- last time, while being 3 players, we were engaged by 2 squads of 6 OPFOR. Obviously, we didn't make it (casual gamers like us do not stand a chance). I've check your scripts and I found in the spawn_bandit_squad.sqf on line 20:

for "_i" from 1 to 3 + random 3 do 

Do you think it could be a good idea to let the mission maker decide the squad limit? Depending on the number of players involve, fighting large squads can be really harder. I don't know if it is a good idea or not, you to decide.

- All of your text message are currently hardcoded in English. Do you intend to have multiple langage version of Ravage? I don't know if the community will enjoy this, but since there are not too many messages, I think we can help for the translation if needed.    

I've asked it before, but I just can't find it.

Where in the editor can I find the Geiger? I've looked quite around in the arsenal and virtuel arsenal, and right now I feel quite stupid.

Help please? I can easily find the gas-masks, but the geiger and matches eludes me.

On 25/01/2017 at 0:05 AM, Gunter Severloh said:

Hey Haleks, about what i quoted in your changelog, i been pondering how to distract zombies and AI in general, for example in sniper elite games, especially in sniper elite 3 you can throw a rock somewhere

and the enemy AI will go and investigate, you can even create a small fire with smoke that will get their attention to distract them, im trying to figure out how this can be done.

That will be more or less easy with zombies : their targets are defined by the "_zTarget" variable. Basically you assign anything as a "_zTarget", including grenades or static objects : the zed will start "chasing" it until it realizes it's not a target of interest.

The time a zombie can stay on a given target is defined by the "_zTimer".

Here's a quick example :

waitUntil {inflamed myFirePlace};
_nearZeds = myFirePlace nearEntities ["zombie", 100];
{
	_x setVariable setVariable ["_zTarget", myFirePlace];
	_x setVariable ["_zTimer", 5];
} forEach _nearZeds;

With the above, zombies will focus for 5 seconds on the object called "myFirePlace" as soon as someone inflames it.

In the current build (142), zombies will try to attack such an object, causing a small error - that will be fixed with the incoming update.

To achieve the same with grenades, best thing to do is to use eventhandlers to track any thrown grenade : zombies in Ravage 143 will use a combination of "firedNear" and "firedMan" eventhandlers (although it's possible to use the "firedMan" EH only).

On 25/01/2017 at 3:21 AM, Gunter Severloh said:

Adding another idea, and question.

Is killing bandits, they would revive to become a zombie after so much time, but only those bandits who did not get killed by headshots.

Lastly is it possible to have it where the runner zeds dont crouch but stay standing, imo it kinda of breaks immersion of what a zombie is supposed to act like, basically a stumbling person.

That feature is planned as a future option, but no ETA for now. ;)

As for the runners, I presume you refer to bolters? I agree that the current idle anim is not the best, but having bolters standing up when idle would look equally weird IMO, especially during anim transitions.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zuzul said:

- something quite missing (or maybe I didn't found how to do it as usual) is the ability to repack magazines. I'll soon test the QS Mag Repack to see if it can provide some helpful solution.

As far as I know you have:

The one you named had the issue of not working after loading a saved game , ACE3 has that feature but being a single player i don't use it, Enhanced Arma 3 Inventory (for some reason yet untested the latest version is not working for me, could be mods conflict) and the one I've been using for a long time now, MagRepack...but you'll have to use it with Moduload or you'll have the same issue as with QS Mag Repack.

It is worth mentioning that with MagRepack you can repack between magazines as long as they share the same bullets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicolai Lorenzen said:

I've asked it before, but I just can't find it.

Where in the editor can I find the Geiger? I've looked quite around in the arsenal and virtuel arsenal, and right now I feel quite stupid.

Help please? I can easily find the gas-masks, but the geiger and matches eludes me.

Ravage items can be found in the VA under the "Magazines" tab, there are also 3 Ravage supply boxes in Eden, look under Props > Supplies > Survival.

@zuzul and gaverio, the Enhanced Arma 3 Inventory magazine repack feature works very well with Ravage, it's worth pointing out that this mod will only work if you start out with a fresh mission, it won't work if you try and incorporate it into a previously saved mission.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, gaverio said:

As far as I know you have:

The one you named had the issue of not working after loading a saved game , ACE3 has that feature but being a single player i don't use it, Enhanced Arma 3 Inventory (for some reason yet untested the latest version is not working for me, could be mods conflict) and the one I've been using for a long time now, MagRepack...but you'll have to use it with Moduload or you'll have the same issue as with QS Mag Repack.

It is worth mentioning that with MagRepack you can repack between magazines as long as they share the same bullets.

Thabks a lot for the recommandations. I ve check all the solutions you provided and I will stick to mine : it requiere only a crtl+r and is MP friendly (with a little addition to my onrespawn sqf script.

ACE is the best solution by far, but for the casual players my buddy are, it is too complex for their needs.

1 hour ago, Evil Organ said:

Ravage items can be found in the VA under the "Magazines" tab, there are also 3 Ravage supply boxes in Eden, look under Props > Supplies > Survival.

@zuzul and gaverio, the Enhanced Arma 3 Inventory magazine repack feature works very well with Ravage, it's worth pointing out that this mod will only work if you start out with a fresh mission, it won't work if you try and incorporate it into a previously saved mission.

So basically if i need to "deliver" a geiger as sure loot to my players I should create a loadout on a soldier - and kill him for them to loot?  (or spawn the box)

1 hour ago, Nicolai Lorenzen said:

So basically if i need to "deliver" a geiger as sure loot to my players I should create a loadout on a soldier - and kill him for them to loot?  (or spawn the box)

Or you can add it directly in his inventory on the init field of the player with "rvg_Geiger"

• Like 2

First i would like to say thanks for the countless hours Ravage is givin me.

I'm trying to create a STALKER like experience on an Exile server and have used your Ravage modules to do that.

I do however have two small problems.

Zombie Sounds: I have no zombie sounds, no growling or hitting noise(Creepy as hell when you discover a zombie behind you mauling away at you :-D).

I have tried setting in my description file for the exile mission

class CfgRemoteExec
{        
       class Functions
       {
        mode = 2;
        jip = 1;
       };
};

without any change.

Body and loot despawn:

Before adding Ravage i changed the Exile main.fsm so bodies despawn slower, but after adding Ravage i'm back to 5 min. limit.

I have removed the garbage collection module from my mission but it has not done any difference.

Any ide where to change the despawn time?

Hi i am having a problem with your mod, i will spawn into the game and the games closes and says

"Bad version 73 in p3d file ' ravage\assets\items\toolbox.p3d' "

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3 hours ago, Frootloopsit said:

Hi i am having a problem with your mod, i will spawn into the game and the games closes and says

"Bad version 73 in p3d file ' ravage\assets\items\toolbox.p3d' "

Any ideas on how to fix this?

A quick google-fu show me this: http://phabricator.arma3-ww2-projects.bitnamiapp.com/T739

Can you tell us your arma version and the mod used? Also, are you starting an existing mission? 

• Like 2

Hi haleks, I have been trying to edit the loadout of the single unit zed available in Eden editor, but have run into a problem....no matter what uniform I select, the zed unit will always spawn back in with a random vanilla uniform, however, the zed will be wearing the vest and headgear I have selected, just not the uniform.....Any ideas what could cause this?....and can it be remedied? 

Some background, I'm working on that Wild West themed mission, and would like to have the odd zed with a loadout that consisted of something like this...http://imgur.com/zP7h7CN 

The zed loadout in the picture took me nearly 30 minutes of editor madness using the MCC arsenal, some fast finger work and a whole lot of luck to get that result, sadly there is still no way to save and recreate that loadout.  :down:

• Like 1

I have been playing, trying to figure out what the game needs...A sort of base building mechanic...like the ability to board up windows and place a door that you can lock...I had a Military area locked down for a full hour, then it went to killing an AI car crew and stealing their car...

10 hours ago, zuzul said:

A quick google-fu show me this: http://phabricator.arma3-ww2-projects.bitnamiapp.com/T739

Can you tell us your arma version and the mod used? Also, are you starting an existing mission? 

Hi thanks for the reply, i am using version 1.62 and i am starting an existing mission. The Altis one that is with the ravage mod.

As stated recently, old versions of Arma are not supported. Haleks literally cannot do anything about this.

Update your game to 1.66 and start a new save.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

As stated recently, old versions of Arma are not supported. Haleks literally cannot do anything about this.

Update your game to 1.66 and start a new save.

Thanks! Going to update then.

So. I have now succesfully  intalled on my server:

CBA

Ravage

Cups vehicles, weapons, units

ACE3

Enhanced movement

It works. Its cool.

But I like the repair section in ravage over ACE, but even if I do not place down the "repair module" in ACE it still overwrites Ravage... 

Any suggestions on how to fix that part?

Haven't used ACE in a while, but a couple versions ago, you could simply remove ace_repair.pbo from the addons folder.  Or maybe there is an option to disable ace repair if you PLACE the repair module... Not sure on that, though. 

Hi guys,

I've made some tests for my team on Chernarus yesterday.

Strangely, no trash loot was available. Does anyone encoutner this before? I will give a better check, but any hints can be helpful.

Also, my buddies made me a request of having MP storage box. Something simple, like just putting stuff inside and being able to retrieve it later. Does anyone know where I can look to learn how to make this? (I'm really not familiar with Arma's scripting) 

Thanks for your help!