Will we be getting any more support for modded buildings? (Taunus, Australia, etc...) Maybe even tell us how to make them supported ourself?

On 13/01/2017 at 5:39 AM, FLOPSTAR said:

I need help when i launch ravage it disable my editor option in apex main menu and when i launch the scenario mission either altis or tonoa it give an error (bad version 73 p3d ) 

I realy want play this game 

And i am using arma 3 1.62 nonstream 

Pirated versions of Arma3 are not welcome here, i am unsure how stupid you could be to admit to using a copy on the official forums. As as a result you have now been banned from these forums.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, kodabar said:

To run Ravage, you always need the latest version of ArmA 3. I think 1.62 is the latest of the pirate versions. You can still run Ravage, but you'll need an earlier version. If you have a look at the wiki, previous versions of Ravage are on there and you should be able to find one that works. But apart from that, you're on your own.

Please don't give advice or help to people running stolen copies of the game...

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

Haha, I was thinking Koda was maybe drunk. ;)

4 hours ago, SpaceWolf said:

Will we be getting any more support for modded buildings? (Taunus, Australia, etc...) Maybe even tell us how to make them supported ourself?

http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Tools_for_Mission_Makers

Haleks suggests only using yhe new loot static objects function on Taunus for performance reasons 

• Like 2

Hello, thanks for your great mod, sorry for my bad english i will try to do my best... i have few question about Ravage, i play this mode for a long time and i get one little issue, when i load a saved game (mp hosted) its look like that duplicate the scroll menu for exemple holster weapon, or unfold tent if a save and load i get 2 holster weapon.... each time i save load there 1 more holster weapon or unfold tent so after 5 or 6 saved game i get 6 same action on the scroll menu.... maybe im doing something  wrong when i edit my mission.

My other question, i would like to know if its possible to add the weapon and ammo class name from a mod and how, like this the AI and the loot will pop with this weapon/ammo, i would like to use the NiArsenal mode for set up a ravge mission. I am already working on a ravage on Taunus with little quest and i add box with Niarsenal weapon/ammo over the map, this map is huge and that take so much time and cost performance, its possible to write a line in the description or Init file of the mission for add weapon/ammo not supported by Ravage ? if yes it will be really cool cause i can spend more time on the quest and NPC event.

X-cam taunus its a really cool map with Ravage, and there a lot of props working with ravage so there a lot of loot or empty loot :)  

Hi Damsous!

Check the link Cosmic gave just above your post. ;)

I'm going to investigate the duplicate actions problem, thanks for reporting!

Sorry I'm new to this, what file do I put those in?

EDIT: ...My apologies but please just make a video detailing where to find what the script asks for and how to put it in.

@ Haleks or others,

MP mission

What can I call in my onPlayerRespawn.sqf  to reset thirst and hunger to 100?   As it stands, when a player respawns, he spawns back in with the same hunger and thirst that he died with.

Thinking I should have something like  :    

thirst = 100;

hunger = 100;

Then the rest of my code.

Thanks

It will be fixed with the next update, but until then you can use this :

player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {
	_player = _this select 0;
	_player setVariable ["thirst", 100, false];
	_player setVariable ["hunger", 100, false];
	_player setVariable ["radiation", 0, false];
	_player setVariable ["status", "<t size='1.17' align='right' color='#30C730'>Healthy</t>"];
	_player setVariable ["rad_status", ""];
}];

• Like 1

Ah, ok. Missed that you were addressing that.

Thank you

Fire

1 hour ago, SpaceWolf said:

Sorry I'm new to this, what file do I put those in?

EDIT: ...My apologies but please just make a video detailing where to find what the script asks for and how to put it in.

Video would likely be a waste of time... butttt what I could do is just post a template script with instructions so all you need to do is insert the classnames. That would make it much easier for everyone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

I help anyone who asks and have done so for several years. I can appreciate why you don't want people like that to be assisted, but you can be sure he's not going to buy ArmA now. Some of the suspected pirates I've helped over the years have gone on to buy the game. It's not always as clear-cut as it may seem.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, kodabar said:

I help anyone who asks and have done so for several years. I can appreciate why you don't want people like that to be assisted, but you can be sure he's not going to buy ArmA now. Some of the suspected pirates I've helped over the years have gone on to buy the game. It's not always as clear-cut as it may seem.

Yes, we are adult and not from out of this world. Still you know you are entering some well known kind of forum spiral. I wonder why you are doing this, it's weird.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kodabar said:

I can appreciate that you may want to help such users, but please remember we are on the official forum of the game publisher and not some other forum. So please refrain from helping such individuals, they have no place on these forums. Especially as helping them is like encouraging such behaviour. 

Now can we please get back on topic, if you wish to discuss this further please take it to PM. Any further posts on this subject may find they have been removed so that we can keep on the topic which is Ravage.

Edited by R0adki11
spelling
  • Like 2

On a more practical note : I cannot offer support for older versions of Ravage, and Ravage will usually need the latest Arma3 version since I try to take advantage of every new addition made to the game.

Do yourself a favor and buy the game if you want to fully enjoy it (or any mod, actually) : the amount of mods alone makes it worth buying.

• Like 4

I totally concur.

I have 2087 hours logged on steam and many more offline editing. 

I'm about 80 bucks in cuz I bought the early alpha and all the dlcs.

That's about 5 cents an hour canadian. You won't find better value then that. 

If money is an issue pick it up on a steam sale. 

The BI developers deserve support for their continued efforts on a daily basis updating the games and taking feedback and implementing those changes!

• Like 7

I've been fiddling around with the factions and sides in the editor. It's a pity that Bohemia always had a hardcoded limit of 4 sides ever since OFP. My hope is that someday they will have an unlimited amount of possible sides, or at least, a lot more than 4.
Then I could really do what I would find the most exciting, having numerous factions battling it out for control, like in S.T.A.L.K.E.R which had like 9 sides or so. But, until then, that seems like an impossible thing to achieve, if I am assuming that correctly?

I mentioned above that I'd like to add the military remnant kind of thing for now. Haleks pointed out I could try making one side the "civilian side", and making everyone else enemy to civilian, and making civilian enemy to everyone else. Not the most ideal situation though, so I decided just to put them on the independent side. Which means that they are still friendly to some bandits, but I decided to create a roleplay justification for it in my head: the military that is left are full of scumbags, so they could still strike deals with bad types for their own benefit.

My main question is: has anyone actually had any success in trying these things before me? I'm mostly just experimenting now to see what is possible. I was thinking that creating several safe zones, and creating the military bases there is the right way to go?

15 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

Video would likely be a waste of time... butttt what I could do is just post a template script with instructions so all you need to do is insert the classnames. That would make it much easier for everyone.

Any ETA on that template?

I couldn't sleep last night. :(

So I worked on a little bonus for the update :

Spoiler

Guerilla Apparel, rolled-up sleeves version with proper material selection

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

@Georilla : yes, mixing several factions is perfectly possible. You shouldn't have any problems with manually placed military bases.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, SpaceWolf said:

Any ETA on that template?

Shouldn't be too long. The code has changed since I last worked with it so Haleks is helping me make sure I get it right. Then I need to give it a quick run through. I'll post it in here When it's done so definately before the zombie apocalypse  ;)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cosmic10r said:

Shouldn't be too long. The code has changed since I last worked with it so Haleks is helping me make sure I get it right. Then I need to give it a quick run through. I'll post it in here When it's done so definately before the zombie apocalypse  ;)

Ok, thank you.

• Like 1

Ok. So bug report time.

I was testing my mission which is still a work in progress and noticed the following (may not be a mod bug but idk):

1. I was able to sell an M4 (RHS or CUP) in my backpack unlimited amount of times to the trader.

2. I am starting out with 65% health. When I treat myself I only get 75% (Intentional?).

P.S. Are traders respawning items overtime or is it still a work in progress?

Hey really great mod! We've played it with some clanmates with on a local game. We also have a dedicated server, problem is, we use RHS and Iron Front , so it works perfectly on LAN we're able to find these mods equipment and weapons, but if we do it on our dedicated server, the only way to get these weapons is to kill bandits, we can only find A3 vanilla clothes, weapons and ammo.

• Like 1