I wanted to ask how difficult and time consuming would it be to make certain loot spawn in certain buildings?

Like supermarkets spawn food. Garages/constructions spawn toolkits/tyres. And have general loot spawn in any buildings?

I saw in exile scripts they use cfgBuildings to set classes for loot spawns or something like that.

I think it would add a lot more sense to the game and give more purpose when roaming around.

Soooo... Are there plans to implement something like that? Is it difficult?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Caites said:

tbh without AI mods its a shooting gallery, AI bandits will take a knee at best, no flanking, no suppression. also without burst fire they dying to zeds way too fast.

All subjective I suppose, but were talking about bandits in a post apocalyptic world here, I'd expect their tactics to be more of an improvised affair, I think it would be highly unlikely they would be performing military style maneuvers. bandits and survivors are, after all, just civilians trying to live out another day, they are not trained killers.

I have used AI mods for mil-sim missions, but for Ravage I'm happy with my bandit engagements as they are.

And when v143 drops you can be guaranteed you will be hunted by bandit AI.......

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CrossGTX said:

I wanted to ask how difficult and time consuming would it be to make certain loot spawn in certain buildings?

Like supermarkets spawn food. Garages/constructions spawn toolkits/tyres. And have general loot spawn in any buildings?

I saw in exile scripts they use cfgBuildings to set classes for loot spawns or something like that.

I think it would add a lot more sense to the game and give more purpose when roaming around.

Soooo... Are there plans to implement something like that? Is it difficult?

This is already present to a degree

There are 4 classes of buildings in ravage.

Civilian

Industrial

Military 

Research

With different items exclusive to each category while other more common ones appear in all I believe.

I wanted to report that with the latest updates i've noticed that vehicles module tend to spawn wrecks and ambient vehicles way to close to buildings, sometimes they spawn under (like gas station) or inside and they force them to explode and create a total mess, sometimes even from mission start you hear explosions far away of vehicles or wrecks that have been rendered on a building and have just blown up.

I can't recall this happening with the previous versions of ravage.

Yeah I've noticed that too, I'll see if I can quick-fix this for the update.

The way wrecks are spawned will probably be further improved later on though, I'm not totally satisfied with it at the moment.

Hey Haleks first all Ravage has shaped up to be such an awesome mod with powerful yet easy tools to get something built quickly. For that I thank you. i am currently building a survival mission for my group and have been having a blast. I do have a couple questions and i do know that some of this may have been spoken about previously in this thread, but though i would ask anyways as with each update version you do things can change or be added etc etc.

1. I understand the reason why hand placed objects in the world are not cached. There is the option to do cached vehicles. But is there any other way to handle a specific situation i have. I want to place either Flays hang glider or Ritens jet pack in the world for my survivors to find. However those two vehicles are only placeable as a backpack and backpacks are cached. Is there anyway through the init line to force a specific item to spawn and stay cached ? Thanks

2. I can't seem to fill water bottles or empty canteens near or even in bodies of water. Am i doing something wrong here ?

thanks again ! Look forward to the next update.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jimmakos said:

I wanted to report that with the latest updates i've noticed that vehicles module tend to spawn wrecks and ambient vehicles way to close to buildings, sometimes they spawn under (like gas station) or inside and they force them to explode and create a total mess, sometimes even from mission start you hear explosions far away of vehicles or wrecks that have been rendered on a building and have just blown up.

I can't recall this happening with the previous versions of ravage.

Can confirm. I was thinking that it is a positive thing; adding life to the scenery :) I had a related thought about creating a script which >occasionally< lets AI shoot somewhere/into the air/at whatever/// or create a shoot sound close to them. In order to reveal positions and add some more life. Could be justified. storywise, as newbie/stupid behaviour.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DAGGER [111] said:

Hey Haleks first all Ravage has shaped up to be such an awesome mod with powerful yet easy tools to get something built quickly. For that I thank you. i am currently building a survival mission for my group and have been having a blast. I do have a couple questions and i do know that some of this may have been spoken about previously in this thread, but though i would ask anyways as with each update version you do things can change or be added etc etc.

1. I understand the reason why hand placed objects in the world are not cached. There is the option to do cached vehicles. But is there any other way to handle a specific situation i have. I want to place either Flays hang glider or Ritens jet pack in the world for my survivors to find. However those two vehicles are only placeable as a backpack and backpacks are cached. Is there anyway through the init line to force a specific item to spawn and stay cached ? Thanks

2. I can't seem to fill water bottles or empty canteens near or even in bodies of water. Am i doing something wrong here ?

Hello,

1.You can use this variable on the said objects init in order to exclude them:   

this setVariable ["rvg_owned", true, true];

2.As per Ravage Wiki says: "water can be found in many places and in a few different forms", right now as far is im aware you can't refill water on open sources like sea,lakes and water wells as they be possible filled with salty iradiated water.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jimmakos said:

Hello,

1.You can use this variable on the said objects init in order to exclude them:   

this setVariable ["rvg_owned", true, true];

2.As per Ravage Wiki says: "water can be found in many places and in a few different forms", right now as far is im aware you can't refill water on open sources like sea,lakes and water wells as they be possible filled with salty iradiated water.

Thanks so much Jimmakos I really appreciate the answers. HUGE HELP. 

On the water issue sorry i didnt see that in the wiki... not sure how i glazed over that one. But again thanks !!!

1 hour ago, DAGGER [111] said:

Hi Dagger, nice to hear from you!

I saw your question in the other thread and answered there : give a shout if you need further help on this!

As for water bottles, currently you can only fill them at artificial water sources (concrete wells, fountains etc). The reason behind that is that, most of time, the only water you will find is sea water (Arma3 not officialy supporting ponds and all that...), wich involves more complex survival mechanics that aren't scripted yet (effects of drinking salt water, necessity to clean it etc). There's also the fact that not all maps rely on the same technics to emulate ponds, wich further complicates things.

59 minutes ago, tortuosit said:

Can confirm. I was thinking that it is a positive thing; adding life to the scenery :) I had a related thought about creating a script which >occasionally< lets AI shoot somewhere/into the air/at whatever/// or create a shoot sound close to them. In order to reveal positions and add some more life. Could be justified. storywise, as newbie/stupid behaviour.

Hehe, that's sounds like a fun idea, and quite easy to script, actually...

EDIT : The clean-up function (the one that deals with bags and weaponHolders) only looks up for the "owned" variable, not the "rvg_owned" one - I'll tweak that for 143.

• Like 2

Love this mod! I have tons of hours in it. I was wondering if anyone had good multiplayer mission files? I tried a few and it seems like after 1hr or so the fps goes in the teens(solid 60fps at start), like the auto cleanup is off or something. Thanks. Also keep up the great work on this mod.

I had posted before about having issues recruiting survivors. I loaded a slightly earlier save and now all is good, actually ended up recruiting 8 people in a string of about 5 minutes somehow. Bizzare. They were all running from something. So I've been tooling around with the squad controls, pretty cool. Big question though:

Can I make my squad members hold fire against zombies? They waste bullets and freak me out every time they start shooting at some distant zombie for no reason. Thanks!

I had posted before about having issues recruiting survivors. I loaded a slightly earlier save and now all is good, actually ended up recruiting 8 people in a string of about 5 minutes somehow. Bizzare. They were all running from something. So I've been tooling around with the squad controls, pretty cool. Big question though:

Can I make my squad members hold fire against zombies? They waste bullets and freak me out every time they start shooting at some distant zombie for no reason. Thanks!

I can't remember exactly but I think if you press ~ (select all) key or F1 (select squad leader) there should be an option to "hold fire" in the drop down menu on the left side.

However I don't think you need to worry about ammo since they have unlimited amounts of it. (It spawns in inventory when they run out). So just for freaking out purposes.

Ah, thank you for your response. I should have been more specific. I want them to hold fire at zombies only, but shoot at the usual bad guys whenever they want. Thanks!

Ah, thank you for your response. I should have been more specific. I want them to hold fire at zombies only, but shoot at the usual bad guys whenever they want. Thanks!

I don't think that would be possible. Either shoot or don't shoot. I believe that would be Arma limitation. Maybe there is a script out there hold fire against specific factions. But I never researched the subject.

Arma AI is a pain to control and controls in Arma are a pain.

Haleks i JUST noticed that you are author of unlocked uniforms.Been using it a while and didnt really notice,my bad ahaha.

Is this mod built into Ravage? If so i will remove it as a seperate addon because it may cause issues.

2 hours ago, redarmy said:

Haleks i JUST noticed that you are author of unlocked uniforms.Been using it a while and didnt really notice,my bad ahaha.

Is this mod built into Ravage? If so i will remove it as a seperate addon because it may cause issues.

Indeed, mission makers should be aware of something through which i also figured out pretty recently while experimenting on my missions as well.

In order to get all the uniforms (no matter the side) unlocked for your character to wear you have to copy (and paste into your mission) the original character that haleks provide on his Altis demo mission, having a unique classname which right now i'm unable to remember. Having classnames as plain blue "B_Survivor_F" or plain red "O_Survivor_F" survivor or any other classes as playable character it simply won't work, guarantee and tested.

Just wanted to clarify that, as in case people came across with the same "scratchhead" as me.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jimmakos said:

Indeed, mission makers should be aware of something through which i also figured out pretty recently while experimenting on my missions as well.

In order to get all the uniforms (no matter the side) unlocked for your character to wear you have to copy (and paste into your mission) the original character that haleks provide on his Altis demo mission, having a unique classname which right now i'm unable to remember. Having classnames as plain blue "B_Survivor_F" or plain red "O_Survivor_F" survivor or any other classes as playable character it simply won't work, guarantee and tested.

Just wanted to clarify that, as in case people came across with the same "scratchhead" as me.

To expand on that : we are talking about a hidden character, named "Survivor1", wich was created to work around the uniforms problem.

The reason this character is hidden is that it has an uncommon config : while the character itself is a "civilian" (allowing him to wear anything), it belongs to a Blufor faction. Meaning that this class will never be visible in Eden's entities lists.

But there's a much simpler trick than that actually, that doesn't require config shenanigans : you can place any civilian unit, group it to any blufor unit and then delete said blufor unit. This way you have a playable blufor who is able to wear any uniform - stock or modded. Don't use this on AIs though! Civs have a different behaviour and are not combat effective.

That's pretty much the only universal solution at the moment; eventhough unlocked uniforms is included in Ravage, it is limited to vanilla content...

• Like 2

22 hours ago, tortuosit said:

I had a related thought about creating a script which >occasionally< lets AI shoot somewhere/into the air/at whatever/// or create a shoot sound close to them. In order to reveal positions and add some more life. Could be justified. storywise, as newbie/stupid behaviour.

"Idiots accidentally pull the trigger" script (SP)!

Please test. Put code into an init field, a game logic, or into debug window. Makes any AI (friendly/non-friendly) which is not in vehicle accidentally shoot occasionally. Tune variables to your liking. Probability that closest unit shoots = 0.5, then next again 0.5... until last one.

No aiming or whatever... They just shoot the way they are currently holding the weapon.

Helps you and adds life to the scenery.

0 = [] spawn
{  tort_shoot = true;

private _minDistance = 0;
   private _maxDistance = 1500;
   private _minWait     = 15;
   private _maxWait     = 180;
   private _maxShots    = 3;
   private _probability = 0.75;

while {true} do
   {
      sleep (_minWait + random (_maxWait - _minWait));
      if (tort_shoot && (_probability >= random 1)) then
      {
         _nearUnits = allUnits select {((_x distance player) > _minDistance) && ((_x distance player) <= _maxDistance) && ((side _x) != CIVILIAN) && (alive _x) && (vehicle _x == _x)};
         if ((count _nearUnits) > 0) then
         {
            _i = 0; while {((random 1) > 0.5) && (_i < ((count _nearUnits) -1))} do {_i = _i + 1};
            _unit = _nearUnits select _i;
            _unit disableAI "MOVE";
            for "_j" from 1 to floor(1 + _maxShots * (random 1)^2) do
            {
              _unit forceWeaponFire [currentMuzzle _unit, "Single"];
               sleep (0.3 + random 1);
            };
            _unit enableAI "MOVE";
         };
      };
   };
};

• Like 3

OK, as for the shooting script it's more complicated. Before you search error: With help of Zeus remote control I realized, "forceWeaponFire" only makes them shoot if they are in a shooting position (combat stance, stand, prone, walking slowly...) - they do not shoot when they walk or run with weapons down... So script should make them go into a shooting position... hmmm.

EDIT: changed the code. Tested a bit. Forced them to do their shooting, I think, by disableAI "MOVE". I interrupt their movement, they automatically continue doing their waypoints after shooting. A bit stupid but fun. I'm too lazy to give them senseful aiming. Probably needs a target object... Or supressive fire.

Hey Ravagers, just a heads up on a nice little find.....

I tested tpw's furniture script (which adds ambient furniture to enterable buildings on Tanoa) with the Ravage loot system module and they are compatible with each other!

Both systems share some of the same static objects, so some of the furniture spawned by the tpw script can be looted with the loot search feature of Ravage! :slayer:

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

Hey Ravagers, just a heads up on a nice little find.....

I tested tpw's furniture script (which adds ambient furniture to enterable buildings on Tanoa) with the Ravage loot system module and they are compatible with each other!

Both systems share some of the same static objects, so some of the furniture spawned by the tpw script can be looted with the loot search feature of Ravage! :slayer:

Did you just use the tpw_furniture.sqf and add it to you mission or the whole package?

7 hours ago, AggrOnline said:

Did you just use the tpw_furniture.sqf and add it to you mission or the whole package?

I added the tpw_furniture script to the mission file, be aware that the furniture script requires CBA to run properly, but as CBA is also a requirement for Ravage everything is sweet!

Howdy, enjoying the mod so far. Added it to one of my favorite missions and am tweaking it, etc.

However, I had a question about the loot spawner. It seems (so far) that it is only pulling loot (besides "trash" like cans) out of vanilla/apex ARMA 3, and not RHS or CUP. Besides enabling the loot spawner, do I have to do anything else to enable these mods for the loot table?

Also, is it possible to make weapons spawn with their ammo types?

Thank you. I apologise if this has already been answered, I very very rarely use these forums.

12 minutes ago, rhett said:

Howdy, enjoying the mod so far. Added it to one of my favorite missions and am tweaking it, etc.

However, I had a question about the loot spawner. It seems (so far) that it is only pulling loot (besides "trash" like cans) out of vanilla/apex ARMA 3, and not RHS or CUP. Besides enabling the loot spawner, do I have to do anything else to enable these mods for the loot table?

Also, is it possible to make weapons spawn with their ammo types?

Thank you. I apologise if this has already been answered, I very very rarely use these forums.

Hi!

To enable items from supported addons, you need to place down the "Equipment Pool" module, and activate the mods you want to use from there. It will apply to the loot spawn system and the random gear used by the ambient AIs (if you do use them in you rmission).

As for weapons ammo, currently the code spawns either weapons or mags, not both - this might be tweaked with optional settings soon.