apologies if this has been covered before, but I seem to have zombies spawning naked if I use a uniform from other mod, A3 vanilla seem to work fine though, any ideas?

EDIT: it was problem with CUP unit uniforms. I tried another mod it worked! I am guessing CUP does not have uniforms?

I guess first thing to do is check your syntax. So your command line would be helpful. So people can advise. Also which mods you are running. Then wait for some pro to answer. )))

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I just had the most intense,heart pounding,palm sweaty engagement.

Why i love this mod(Arma in general) you do not need to be using a weapon to have fun.

I just spent the last one hour and 37 minutes,being hunted by bandits,armed with only a melee Katana(KA weapons)

A short story....    The Baikal Bandit

Alone,in northern chernarus

My only companion,the sonic cracks from the shots being fired at me,at four different locations,spread out over an hour and a half,by the same group of bandits(4)

They followed me all over chernarus north,i barely had a respite to loot,having an SPR sawn-off(Bnae weapons) and a mosin nagant(Iron front) being double carried on my back(double weapons) but with only 5 rounds that semed to fit into a KAR 98.My attire,a soviet ushanka,and a soviet 1945 military caomuflage uniform amoeba.(the sniper style uniforms)(Iron front)

After first encountering these bandits at an Mi8 cash site i was trying to loot,and being chased off it like a scavanger being chased away from a fresh kill by a pride of lions,i found myself in a barn,catching my breath...being as i had ran full speed 200 or so meters away from these hostile folks,i thought im ok....

When out of nowhere,i hear a Baikal tactical shotgun,roar outside,and the voice of bandits screaming bloody murder(Injured AI script voices)

Who are they shooting?!why are they here?! one of them enters my barn,he walks under my floor as im up top,concealed.This is where i realise...im being hunted...

more shots outside,the scream of "yeeeah come get some!"... Ended with suprise muthafucker! indicating that someone was killed.Suddenly,an infected runs inside and leaps for the bandit below me,i say to myself,fuck it! I'm outa here...getting to my feet i run down the steps as the bandit blows the infected against the wall,a hail of fire follows me as i zig zag into the forest...Not stopping until i come to a large town,and hearing gunfire now to my east,i find  a tall two story red building,i quickly enter,get to the second floor,catch my breath and look out to see which direction the shots where this time..

After waiting some time,a three man group emerges,shooting some infected.The lead man looks like a trader,the friendly sort.As i check my gear to see what i may have of value,i count a blue smoke grenade,and ACOG sight,and a wrap mask,thinking he might not want to trade for this junk,but il try to ask...As i watch their movement predicting which direction they are heading,a distant echo rings out,a boom!No...its yet again,a Baikal shotgun..

The three man group hit the ground suppresed,returning fire as the fight ensues,i loose visual...Ten minutes have passed,the sound of gunfire has ceased.Up on the second floor still,i open the door to the room,to peak out the back window,when out of nowhere i hear the sound of shattering glass,and again,its followed up by the sound,of a Baikal...Prone as i lay on the second floor my eye catches the bottom floor door...its open..."im sure i had closed it" i said in a whisper....And as my eyes gazed down those stairs,EXACTLY below me,swaying through the bannister like a menacing shark circling its prey,was the barrel...of a Baikal shotgun.

He was rite beneath me,i had no weapon(he was clearly afraid of heights as he didnt want to come upstairs) :face_palm:

Using the only non melee weapon i had,my blue smoke grenade,i pulled the pin,threw it down the stairs,and made a bee line for the door,he saw and fired,twice he missed his shots as his eyes were engulfed by smoke,i ran 100 meteres,coming to a church,i sought shelter as i felt my legs could no longer carry me(enhanced fatigue) in the corner a pile of loot,whats this...? Two shotgun shells,they fit into my SPR sawn off.I collapsed against the wall as i loaded my weapon,knowing that the bandits group had all been killed in their fight with the traders,as the voices had stopped long ago....it was just him and me now...

I knew that i was being hunted for sure this tme,i knew he would not relent,and he would come to my position yet again...but this time,it would be MY shotgun,waiting for him.

As the sun was setting,and the envoirment noises started to change(xam envoirment mod) i knew that if he didnt come for me,the infected surely would..

I proceeded to leave the church with haste,thinking he is still in the red house(Stuck?) 

As i ran around the side of the church,a shattering sound reverbed around my ears,and the wall infrot of me ignited by so many dust particles,they where shotgun round impacts,he was behind me! I turned to face, i drew my weapon,i fired...hit! my character exhaled a final sentence(screamed in french,ai injured script voices) as the Baikal bandit fell,i did also....we had traded,and my final resting place,was next to a grave,in a town,i didnt even have the chance to get the name of.But if i ever see it again,i will simply call it....Baikal

• Like 7

@redarmy.....awesome post dude.....who needs YT!!

• Like 3

Yeah. Shame he didn't make it. I'd love to see something like:

Barely alive... Losing blood every second I crawled to... to be continued. )))

• Like 1

Quick question, how is the compatibility of Ravage with the new Taunus terrain? Do the buildings work? Not home atm, so I can't test

14 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

@redarmy.....awesome post dude.....who needs YT!!

Thanks man,glad it was a nice read.

I spent so much time editing mission,teleporting around to test,god mode etc...that when i actually had not even a map or clue to where i was let alone a weapon,it rang home how difficult a mod like this can be,depending on your own set up of course.It was my most memorable death,and i  play dead is dead,no reload...just a respawn haha

@haleks I cant wait until you give mission makers the option to set chance of AI hunting player,i believe i may tone mine down a little haha,to like 1% chance as this experience had my heart pumping i may have lost a few years:turn:

Is it possible to alter the AI getting players position to "  getPosASL instead of AGL " ? Would that work to enable AI to walk upstairs if player was hiding on the second/third floor etc?

Edit:  I also forget to mention,at times when the AI was getting my position,the games performance would totally plummit,from about 45-55FPS down to around 15,and this lasted for around 20 seconds,then eased up,then happened again once or twice over the next 5 minutes.It also happened a long time ago when i was experimenting with a AI hunt player script.Im not sure what causes this if anyone has any ideas i would like to hear

@redarmy : "moveTo" commands don't work too well with ASL positions, it's best to use an ATL position for that. But even so, AI will be reluctant to enter buildings when hunting (not like those zombies!) - not sure why though...

Compared to the current release, the hunt script has been completely re-written on my dev-build and should be more efficient and economic. ;)

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, haleks said:

@redarmy : "moveTo" commands don't work too well with ASL positions, it's best to use an ATL position for that. But even so, AI will be reluctant to enter buildings when hunting (not like those zombies!) - not sure why though...

Compared to the current release, the hunt script has been completely re-written on my dev-build and should be more efficient and economic. ;)

Sounds promising

I think the AI are having trouble entering buildings that have actual classnames(and importantly,positions).the other buildings that have none,are registered more as objects that they are programmed to "go around" so if they are zeroing in on the player who is in there,there is no issue,and they go there easily as i have seen.Minus the altitude of course.However i did see ai accidently follow me upstairs in these type of buildings when not using any hunt script or your one.

For example,i noticed buildings with no classnames being easily entered by the AI almost in a manner which looked as if they never knew it was a building at all.

EDIT: when i say "no classnames" i mean i try to find them via a script,but it cannot find their classname,im sure they must have a classname of some sort.

Just speculating of course

Making some progress on the animal behaviour feature...

Dogs are on hold for now : there're many options for them, wild ones obviously, but I also need to consider the possibilities for friendly dogs as well, and that will determine a lot of future decisions (should the player be able to tame lone dogs, for instance? Or should we rely on more scripted solutions and mission parameters?)... I need to think where I'm going with them before going any further.

In the meantime, I've started scripting fleeing behaviours for other animals; tests are ongoing on rabbits currently (since they're the most common small game) and let me tell you those little guys are getting harder to kill! ;)

They will run in zigzags if they detect a predator or hear a nearby gunshot; it needs some improvements and tests on a larger scale, but the idea is to make it near impossible for players to catch up on them if they start fleeing. Don't miss that first shot! :D

I will most likely script specific behaviours for each animal, but it will be limited to vanilla entities for now.

• Like 5

Is the mod supposed to work with the Linux 1.64 branch of Arma 3?

The game was working just fine for about 10 minutes, but then my game crashed with a notice saying something like "bad version [...] gutting_knife.p3d". Another error message said the same thing about a p3d file that had "hose" in the name.

I can't get the exact error message right now because I uninstalled Arma 3 out of frustration, currently downloading it again in hopes that someone can help me out.

Thanks.

Edited by AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

13 minutes ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa said:

Is the mod supposed to work with the Linux 1.64 branch of Arma 3?

The game was working just fine for about 10 minutes, but then my game crashed with a notice saying something like "bad version [...] gutting_knife.p3d". Another error message said the same thing about a p3d file that had "hose" in the name.

I can't get the exact error message right now because I uninstalled Arma 3 out of frustration, currently downloading it again in hopes that someone can help me out.

Thanks.

Ravage should work on Linux; I am getting those errors too (although they don't cause the game to crash on windows), but I don't know if Giorgygr (the guy who kindly made those models) is available at the moment.

I'll get in touch with him and see if he has an idea for a fix.

2 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

Haleks, did you see this?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31864

looks like it has a lot of known issues though.

Yes, I've been keeping an eye on it since release.

For now I will keep messing around with my own ideas though. ;)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, haleks said:

For now I will keep messing around with my own ideas though. ;)

Probably a good idea.  It looked so buggy when I first saw it that I didn't even download it, lol

1 minute ago, FireWalker said:

Probably a good idea.  It looked so buggy when I first saw it that I didn't even download it, lol

To be fair, johnnyboy made an awesome work working with the current limitations on animals, not to mention that his script focus on interactive companions, wich is even harder to achieve.

The first iteration of dogs in Ravage has a good chance to be about hostile ones only : it is much easier to script an enemy than a friendly with all the interactions that come with it. I don't doubt I will encounter the same issues as johnnyboy did if/when I start implementing friendly dogs, we'll see if I manage to work around them with my little tricks! :)

• Like 1

I know my opinion doesn't have much value since I am quite new to all this modding stuff and only starting to learn how to script. But as a consumer of a product I would like to make some positive input so here it goes (I will try to keep this as constructive as possible):

Things I think this mod does not need:

1. Friendly dogs - This isn't Fallout 4 and I don't want it to be. :)

2. Base building and crafting system - This is isn't exile and I don't want it to be.

Now onto things I would love to see implemented:

1. Ravage website & forum (Can probably help with that :D) - I don't like this one. Having a single thread is way too complicated.

2. More customization options such as: night darkness, zombie health, better zombies in general, loot balance client side I mean bandit loot and spawn loot <- somewhat configurable, random missions and random patrols of POI.

3. More survival aspects such as hot & cold, illness, zombie infection (I love RZ_Infection for exile), sleep requirement that affects fatigue maybe?

4. Better camping (create safe zone) and timed camp raiding with a limit before you can defend it or it gets wrecked and looted. Defensive structures maybe?

5. Better followers (with customizable loadout).

6. Better radiation zones. I love how scary and freaky radiation zones are in Exile. Could be something to build on.

I think all these things would make the mod stand out much more, offering a different game play experience as well as not being "alike" other mods.

I also understand that it's a pretty tall order and easy to talk about when not looking from a developers perspective. Therefore please consider this more of a "dream" than criticism as I appreciate your work and time you have put into it.

Please can I get an answer to the question before:

Can I increase Toolbox durability? If I can, how? :) (As I mentioned before I can remove 100 wheels from 25 cars with the same tools and they won't become useless. It is a matter of immersion for me.)

Thank you once again. All the best wishes and Merry Christmas! :)

• Like 2

I agree 100 with the base building. I'm running my server using inidbi2 to save players equipment and I'm working on getting tents to save at this time. Maybe base building with a fast deterioration rate might not be bad. But I'm not interested in homesteading.  Thats what The Long Dark and Banished is for.

Fire

• Like 1

Regarding the "bad version gutting knife/hose" errors.....how exactly are they being created?......when double clicking said item?....I ask because I haven't had any issues using the gutting knife.

Some guy in the "Roads for Ravage" thread has reported the same issue also. 

I agree 100 with the base building. I'm running my server using inidbi2 to save players equipment and I'm working on getting tents to save at this time. Maybe base building with a fast deterioration rate might not be bad. But I'm not interested in homesteading.  Thats what The Long Dark and Banished is for.

Fire

I honestly do not intend to play Ravage as MP game. Coop - definitely yes. The reason being that there are a crap tons of decent MP survival/zombie/whatever/plus/plus mods out there.

Ravage for me was an experience of lone +1/+2 people survival which I thoroughly enjoyed. I'm guessing here that coop/sp is much easier to develop rather than sp/mp (sorry if I am mistaken).

Therefore taking that into consideration I would say that camping around pre-existing buildings makes it much realistic and immersive. Because chopping trees and cutting them into wood planks with a saw... Well... Let's just say it's time consuming. Especially with Zeds running about. :)

• Like 1

I don't know, I really do think some kind of persistent player home would add so much to this mod. I totally agree, I'm not asking for Exile or Minecraft or anything like that. But some basic place to keep my stuff and sleep (or retreat to) and some sense of "home" would add a lot IMO.

@R0adki11 : I tried to invite you to the private DEV thread, but it looks like we can't have more than 5 people in private conversations...

Shall I create a private group on Steam? Or do you guys have a better idea so we can organize some tests soon?

@CrossGTX : Thanks for the feedback, your experience with scripts doesn't matter - every input is valuable.

Sadly the toolbox durability is configured, so you won't be able to change it. But I plan on adding more detailed mechanics to the repair system at some point, so it will evolve eventually. ;)

2 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

Regarding the "bad version gutting knife/hose" errors.....how exactly are they being created?......when double clicking said item?....I ask because I haven't had any issues using the gutting knife.

Some guy in the "Roads for Ravage" thread has reported the same issue also. 

One time it happened when I was merely nearing a corpse, another time it happened when i was opening my inventory while crouching near a corpse. (The corpse of the dead soldier near the truck at the beginning of a new game).

I don't know, I really do think some kind of persistent player home would add so much to this mod. I totally agree, I'm not asking for Exile or Minecraft or anything like that. But some basic place to keep my stuff and sleep (or retreat to) and some sense of "home" would add a lot IMO.

I found a great option - create a mission (thanks to modular system) is easy as pancakes. Pick a place you like and outfit it with a safe zone marker. Build your camp around it and here you go - you have a home. Can add AI defend it too.

1 minute ago, CrossGTX said:

Ravage for me was an experience of lone +1/+2 people survival which I thoroughly enjoyed. I'm guessing here that coop/sp is much easier to develop rather than sp/mp (sorry if I am mistaken).

Let's just say that SP/COOP is way easier to balance than competitive MP modes.

Competition is much more demanding for a dev, but hey, we might get there too, eventually. :D

• Like 1