Haleks,

Do I understand correctly that the vehicle caching system works for ALL vehicles   -   Spawned AND Editor Placed ?

And if so, does this also include boats and aircraft?

Thanks, I know this has been gone over before, but I just want confirmation.

Fire

If you mean the one from the Settings module, yes : it handles any kind of vehicles (as long as they have no crew) - wrecks as well.

Although the performance gain is rather limited at the moment; I'll improve that feature with a more adanced system at some point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, haleks said:

Are you on dev-branch? I'm not getting this on current stable.

I'm running Ravage v0142

Dear Haleks:

Possible bug.

When I'm playing or testing my custom made mission. Some of the loot locations are spawning metal buckets, fire extinguisher, white water container.

I am using all CUP add-ons,  ravage and ravage apex, cba, niarms core and AK pack, arma enhanced movement, blood mist,  arma nature, real light 7, a couple others I can't remember atm.

Couldn't be issue with CUP?

11 minutes ago, Caluu66x said:

Dear Haleks:

Possible bug.

When I'm playing or testing my custom made mission. Some of the loot locations are spawning metal buckets, fire extinguisher, white water container.

I am using all CUP add-ons,  ravage and ravage apex, cba, niarms core and AK pack, arma enhanced movement, blood mist,  arma nature, real light 7, a couple others I can't remember atm.

Couldn't be issue with CUP?

Caluu,

I believe this stuff has always been in game to create a little more 'real life' feel..  Just a little 'glitter'   lol

• Like 1

On 12/19/2016 at 4:32 PM, haleks said:

That's just how Arma3 handles the "player identity" : it overrides everything, including glasses... A bit annoying.

Only work-around is to use setFace and addGoggles on each playable units init field. SetIdendity is the safest bet IMO, but it may require additional configs mission-side.

If playing multiplayer you can take off your mask ect.. and place it in your backpack. Then when you reload just put it back on. I used to do this in Epoch and Exile. You can also go into your profile and set your face equipment like that.

Is anyone else having an issue with saving a mission and the PBO not updating. I have noticed this since the last update of arma. I am having to go into my mission folder and delete the pbo before it will update?

We tried playing this yesterday with about 15 people. Only using ambient, wrecks and zombie spawning. After about a minute or 2 the frames started to drop bad. After like 10 minutes frames where under 10 for everyone. 

Anyone else had this experience with a group of 10 or more? Might have been a combination of our mods though, just checking if more had this.

EDIT: Never mind. Found the wiki.

Me and two of my friends played Ravage Escape Tanoa last night. Epic mission btw. Great job!

We thought the tent would function as a spawn point but it didn't. What's the main purpose for the tent? Is it just for putting inventory in or should it also be able to fast forward time as the sleeping bag. An option that didn't come up in the meny.

Haleks i am running a few tests for FPS here and just had two questions about the zombie module.

The first question is the performance on spawning,is it more fps friendly to spawn the zeds closer or further from the player?I would guess spawning them further would cause the script to look for more objects to spawn them from,but when i test at spawn distance 400(250being default) i actually feel things are smoother.

The second question is how would an AI combat overhaul mod like say BCombat affect zeds? Obviously it aint gona make them more dangerous to the player as they are not issued commands etc,but could some features get applied to zeds you think?

I am concerned of overloading CPU here as lately my rig isnt holding up too well with the default 50 max zombies with no sun factor.

Thanks for any advice

3 hours ago, mindstorm said:

We tried playing this yesterday with about 15 people. Only using ambient, wrecks and zombie spawning. After about a minute or 2 the frames started to drop bad. After like 10 minutes frames where under 10 for everyone. 

Anyone else had this experience with a group of 10 or more? Might have been a combination of our mods though, just checking if more had this.

The only time I've had bad frame drops in MP is when I've tried to use a horde module. Its to the point that I won't use it in a MP mission at all.

2 hours ago, redarmy said:

The second question is how would an AI combat overhaul mod like say BCombat affect zeds? Obviously it aint gona make them more dangerous to the player as they are not issued commands etc,but could some features get applied to zeds you think?

I think BCombat will ignore zombies completely, because they are civilians. Which is good. Since they act very different from soldiers, I think the control should exclusively stay @ Ravage.

Bcombat etc. are interesting for AI bandits. E.g. making them throw more grenades makes them dangerous and also adds more life to the map when they throw nades @ zombies.

14 minutes ago, tortuosit said:

I think BCombat will ignore zombies completely, because they are civilians. Which is good. Since they act very different from soldiers, I think the control should exclusively stay @ Ravage.

Bcombat etc. are interesting for AI bandits. E.g. making them throw more grenades makes them dangerous and also adds more life to the map when they throw nades @ zombies.

Yeah i agree,the fact that there are not many enemies on a typical "survivor" scenario,its good that the limited amount of bandits are a real challenge.Bcombat has a feature that forces AI which know about player within X distance  to actually hone in and pincer the player,its quite relentless even going so far as to seeing AI go into buildings(which actually have no positions) and find the player,forcing you to react.

It was this particular feature(forget the actual name) that i was worried would cause CPU overhead issues with Ravage zombies.

At best, AI mods like bCombat won't affect zombies; but some others might try to apply to zombies (and will probably be unable to actually change their behaviour), in wich case it will most likely have an impact on performances.

There are two things to know about zeds: they are civilian, and the ambient spawner spawns them as agents. Every AI mod that excludes civs or agents should be good to go.

If your favorite AI mod does affect zombies, gimme a shout and I'll see if zombies can be excluded from it one way or another.

@mindstorm : I could use your modset.

Also 15 people is quite a lot : how did you configure the ambient zed spawner? I never had the occasion to test the mod with so many players, so any detail or clue on the current bottleneck would help a lot.

4 hours ago, haleks said:

@mindstorm : I could use your modset.

Also 15 people is quite a lot : how did you configure the ambient zed spawner? I never had the occasion to test the mod with so many players, so any detail or clue on the current bottleneck would help a lot.

I skimmed the code real quick, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe your modules run on all clients. So spawners execute on all clients? Not 100% sure, like I said I had a quick glance at it. But if so that would mean the spawners would have triggerd 15 times instead of only 1 once on the server. If so just add some isServer checks, but again I could be wrong on this.

The mods we use are custom and the list is rather large. The bigger once in there are cup, ace, acre, cba, rhs. Other then that it's some small mods containing planes/vehicles/gear and custom stuff.

On 20/12/2016 at 9:22 PM, sniperandy said:

I'm running Ravage v0142

He's asking about the ArmA 3 version. You can opt for stable or experimental branches of ArmA 3. You can see the version number in the bottom right of the screen on the main menu.

• Like 1

Anybody else getting the thing where the "friendly" units kill you, even after you manage to recruit them, they shoot you immediately?
I have a radio, they said they have no intent to harm me, then I run up and blam, straight in my face with their gun.

I was playing RAVAGE as i normally do and didn't like the lack of a gasmak image when picking up gas masks with the cartoon like balaclava. Not faulting Cunico as i love his Hidden Identity Pack. Anyway i added a m40 & m50 gas mask replacing the default tempUI.paa with my own. I'm trying to find a decent olive green one but the black one seems small enough that it's no biggie......i'm just fussy.

Screenie from my backpack

m40_gas_mask.jpg

m50_gas_mask.jpg

I think i'll have to contact Cunico and if he's okay with it i'll forward it to haleks to implement in the ravage mod, if haleks is interested that is. I've not touched anything other than the tempUI.paa

I don't come on the forums much these days but best wishes to all for Xmas and the New Year. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ferahgo said:

Anybody else getting the thing where the "friendly" units kill you, even after you manage to recruit them, they shoot you immediately?
I have a radio, they said they have no intent to harm me, then I run up and blam, straight in my face with their gun.

There was an issue like this a looooong time ago with a very early version of Ravage,where if you where an Opfor,and shot and killed any zeds,then any other opfor would shoot you.That issue was fixed ages ago,and im fairly sure its not a problem anymore as i use opfor as PC.

Are you using a much older version of the mod? 

Maybe they killed you accidently if they were armed with a shotgun,they aim rather poorly on lower settings and they commonly kill me when trying to hit zombies because of the cone of fire on most shottys:shoot:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ferahgo said:

You probably killed a few of them by mistake and got a negative rating, some people including myself playing with no hud and nametags so it's difficult to understand who's friendly or not, wish there was a way we could identify friendlies more easily.

• Like 1

Hello again everyone. I just wanted to ask. How many km outside the city you need to park to have loot spawn properly?

Like I park about 150/250 m out and still half the city is empty. Loot is nothing most of the time already. Having half of it spawn is even worse.

Also is there a way to make toolboxes a little more durable? I think they are way too rare and made out of plastic. Which is really bad. Especially considering that you dismantle and fix cars with it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, law-giver said:

I was playing RAVAGE as i normally do and didn't like the lack of a gasmak image when picking up gas masks with the cartoon like balaclava. Not faulting Cunico as i love his Hidden Identity Pack. Anyway i added a m40 & m50 gas mask replacing the default tempUI.paa with my own. I'm trying to find a decent olive green one but the black one seems small enough that it's no biggie......i'm just fussy.

Screenie from my backpack

m40_gas_mask.jpg

m50_gas_mask.jpg

I think i'll have to contact Cunico and if he's okay with it i'll forward it to haleks to implement in the ravage mod, if haleks is interested that is. I've not touched anything other than the tempUI.paa

I don't come on the forums much these days but best wishes to all for Xmas and the New Year. 

I am. :)

Nice to see you back here mate! And good job on those icons, I'll be glad to add them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimmakos said:

You probably killed a few of them by mistake and got a negative rating, some people including myself playing with no hud and nametags so it's difficult to understand who's friendly or not, wish there was a way we could identify friendlies more easily.

Yes, I think I did. I went without a radio for a while in the beginning. This is my first play through. Found a few corpses with a surprising amount of loot. Traders maybe? Can I improve my rating with them? Maybe I could tinker with a save file editor? I might just be screwed for this play through. I totally love this mod. Playing Esseker.

1 hour ago, haleks said:

I am. :)

Nice to see you back here mate! And good job on those icons, I'll be glad to add them.

Nice one haleks, i'm just waiting on a reply from Cunico. :f:

• Like 3