@Firewalker: what mission(s) do u use for testing the dangers of drinking?  Maybe another script is conflicting? 

To give you an example: I updated my mission's snow script and was testing various alternatives:  

MKY snow works flawlessly, but the module version of ALIAS' snowstorm causes weird behaviour with the RAVAGE consumables in general, i.e. food,drink and combustibles for firestarting: they don't react well to the double click anymore.  In the test version of my mission that is using ALIAS' snowstorm, I must click the consumables 5 or 6 times before they react. Just to give an idea what srcipts incompatible with each other can do... 

• Like 1

@Tourist

Thats exactly what I'm doing later tonight.

So, I created a completely fresh mission with Ravage and CBA. Added one playable unit. Tested after every Ravage module as I added them. Had NO problems.

So now I'm going through my missions(s) and removing sections of scripts to try and narrow down the culprit. I don't think its Ravage or CBA, its definitely in a script.

I'll get it soon, only a matter of time. It is strange that other people are having the same issues tho..  This should be interesting when I nail it..

Haleks in a custom mission im making,just about done i decided to take it for one last preview and see if everythings running correctly when i encountered an issue.

I noticed that the AI where being killed by walkers alot,and then noticed that they werent shooting at me.After i dropped a few and picked up their weapons i noticed it had no mag.And they had no other ammo on them.

You did say the AI get Infinite ammo,with a small chance they will run out,but they see to be always running out on my end,apparently after expending one mag.

Could this be a custom weapon loadout issue via the init?

Edit:

Tested on new mission,AI with vanilla weapons seem fine and have infinite mags.So its not working with my custom weapon init it seems.

Update - Ravage Mod Fans Utube Channel

added the following videos:

New channel added for those that play Ravage mod

Channel Subscribers: 71

Thanks for supporting Halek's , Ravage mod, and being a part of the fans channel!

Notes:

If any fan and player of Ravage has videos of them playing a mission or something with Ravage and would

like to have their vid on the Ravage Fans Utube channel for other fans to enjoy, send me a pm, and i will add it to the channel accordingly!

Weekly to biweekly updates like this are posted for new vids added to the channel! Cheers!

• Like 5

Dear Haleks. Possible bug with the ambient zombie module and zombie horde module. When I place a zombie horde module and configure it to my liking it aapears that the ambient zombie module does not spawn zombies. Do these 2 conflict when entering a town or settlement. For example: I place the ambient zombie module and configure it to spawn 75 zombies per player. Then I place a zombie horde module in a nearby village or town with about 50-75 zombies with the default values of radius and such. I have noticed that the horde will spawn but not the ambient zombies. Not sure if bug. Also have noticed that even without the zombie horde module the ambient zombies tend to not spawn sometimes. I increased the ambient zombie module count for zombies per player and descreased the spawn radius. But am having issues spawning zombies. May I please have this looked at. Thanks.

You Sir, Haleks, are AWESOME, You sir, thank you so much for the mod you are making.

I have a slight problem, and I tried searching this page and your wiki for answers. I'm trying to build a mission using your mod and loot system on the Chernobyl map you can find on steam. As far as I can tell no loot is spawning, not in buildings or on the ground.

It may be because Chernobyl Zone has mostly custom buildings so mabye your loot system does not recognize that. Is there a way for me to play some game logic to trick the loot spawner into spawning loot crates around that map? Perhaps adding your luggage loot containers works in the buildings and places I want, and then letting the system spawn loot, but I have not gotten that to work either.

Any Ideas? I would highly appreciate this, and once again, thank you for your hard work!

@Caluu...when you place your ambient zed module, what is your "sun factor" setting?......having it set to "yes" will significantly decrease zed spawns during daytime...it can vary from a 30% chance during daytime to 90% at nighttime.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Caluu66x said:

Dear Haleks. Possible bug with the ambient zombie module and zombie horde module. When I place a zombie horde module and configure it to my liking it aapears that the ambient zombie module does not spawn zombies. Do these 2 conflict when entering a town or settlement. For example: I place the ambient zombie module and configure it to spawn 75 zombies per player. Then I place a zombie horde module in a nearby village or town with about 50-75 zombies with the default values of radius and such. I have noticed that the horde will spawn but not the ambient zombies. Not sure if bug. Also have noticed that even without the zombie horde module the ambient zombies tend to not spawn sometimes. I increased the ambient zombie module count for zombies per player and descreased the spawn radius. But am having issues spawning zombies. May I please have this looked at. Thanks.

Hordes shouldn't interfere in any way with the ambiant spawner. As EO suggested, make sure 'Sun Influence' is off, report back if you keep having issues.

12 hours ago, Benjamin Donofrio said:

You Sir, Haleks, are AWESOME, You sir, thank you so much for the mod you are making.

I have a slight problem, and I tried searching this page and your wiki for answers. I'm trying to build a mission using your mod and loot system on the Chernobyl map you can find on steam. As far as I can tell no loot is spawning, not in buildings or on the ground.

It may be because Chernobyl Zone has mostly custom buildings so mabye your loot system does not recognize that. Is there a way for me to play some game logic to trick the loot spawner into spawning loot crates around that map? Perhaps adding your luggage loot containers works in the buildings and places I want, and then letting the system spawn loot, but I have not gotten that to work either.

Any Ideas? I would highly appreciate this, and once again, thank you for your hard work!

As it happens I've been playing a lot lately on that map, and eventually had a look at its buildings. 100% of those assets are custom/imported from Stalker, and they don't have "buildingPositions" configured - wich is required for the loot system to work (it also allows AI to navigate through them)... And since it doesn't use any structure from CUP, the loot search function won't work either. So, basically, there's no way to make the loot system work on Chernobyl.

The only solution is to place buildings or structures from Arma3 or CUP (or Namalsk); I've been doing that for a small project and I think it works great : the shopping center for instance has a lot of space to place supermarkets and such.

• Like 1

Haleks,

That loot question reminded me of something...

Is the search function  for items in trash piles and furniture supposed to be supported in a MP environment on a dedicated server?

Reason I ask is it works correctly when I'm on the editor, and testing the mission as MP within the editor, but after I upload to server and play mission I never get any search actions.

Only tested this on Tanoa at this time.

Thanks

It is supposed to work in MP, but looking at the code after reading your post, I realize I might have missed a thing or two - I'll sort it out for the next update.

EDIT : new update preview :

Tweaked :
Tweaked vanilla gear lists (loot & AI) :
- Added more civilian uniforms.
- Military gear limited to more generic content (AAF gear was removed, emphasis on NATO gear).

Fixed :
The Loot Search feature wasn't working in MP.
Fix for off-center view after consuming survival items.
Fixed an issue preventing players from unfolding sleeping bags or tents inside buildings.
Minor fix to the 28 years later mission.
Fix for various RPT errors.

New :
New setting to the Equipment Pool module to limit stock content :
- currently excludes vanilla uniforms from the gear lists.
- should be used in combination with supported addons.

You guys can thank Firewalker for nailing down the off-center ironsight issue (turns out one of the recently introduced mod functions revealed some strange behaviours with hitpoint damages).

It should be 100% fixed with v143.

• Like 3

On 18/12/2016 at 4:57 PM, redarmy said:

Haleks in a custom mission im making,just about done i decided to take it for one last preview and see if everythings running correctly when i encountered an issue.

I noticed that the AI where being killed by walkers alot,and then noticed that they werent shooting at me.After i dropped a few and picked up their weapons i noticed it had no mag.And they had no other ammo on them.

You did say the AI get Infinite ammo,with a small chance they will run out,but they see to be always running out on my end,apparently after expending one mag.

Could this be a custom weapon loadout issue via the init?

Edit:

Tested on new mission,AI with vanilla weapons seem fine and have infinite mags.So its not working with my custom weapon init it seems.

Is it the custom init script I posted a while ago? If so I'll need to debug it as I didn't test all of it.

Otherwise it could be a configuration problem : basically Ravage adds a "Fired" event handler to all units that inherits from base classes. That EH makes sure to add additional mags if the unit is running out, and to do so looks up the configs to find the matching magazine to its weapon. If the EH fails or doesn't trigger : it's either a misconfigured weapon or the unit you are using doesn't inherit from base classes for whatever reason.

I'll need more details or a copy of the mission to debug this, though...

I can through a comment in on this as well, I would say that the vast majority of AI that I kill only have the magazine in the gun on them. I hardly ever see additional mags on the AI. (if ever)  I'll try to pay more attention to this also.

10 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

I can through a comment in on this as well, I would say that the vast majority of AI that I kill only have the magazine in the gun on them. I hardly ever see additional mags on the AI. (if ever)  I'll try to pay more attention to this also.

That is careful balancing my friend. :sol:

The EH will only trigger if the unit is about to empty its last clip, and it will only add a couple mags : that's why you rarely find ammo on AI eventhough they never run out.

• Like 2

Hello everyone! Please bear with my noob questions. I did try to search the forum and google, however very little I could find on the following questions:

I am trying to create a SP Mission with Ravage modules on Tanoa so here it goes:

1. Ambient AI Settings & Player Faction: Currently I have BLUFOR Raiders & INDEP Raiders Factions as Hostile and OPFOR Survivors as friendly. Renegades Spawn - No.

Problem: If I spawn the player as Civilian - everyone apart from Zombies is friendly.

Problem: If I spawn as Independent - everyone is hostile (could not encounter friendly at least)

Problem: If I spawn as OPFOR - cannot wear uniforms of opposing factions.

Please help too set this up correctly. I am completely lost. Do I have to spawn as a certain unit for relations too work properly?

2. I cannot heal myself with bandages, elastic bandages, morphine injectors. Haven't tried the First Aid Kit. Anything else works apart from FAK? (assuming that it actually works).

All in all this is a great mod and I enjoyed playing the original on Altis, however would like to customize a map to my personal liking and playing around with.

Thanks for the mod Haleks and hope for some help from this (at least I heard) nice coommunity. :f:

Edited by CrossGTX

32 minutes ago, CrossGTX said:

Hello everyone! Please bear with my noob questions. I did try to search the forum and google, however very little I could find on the following questions:

I am trying to create a SP Mission with Ravage modules on Tanoa so here it goes:

1. Ambient AI Settings & Player Faction: Currently I have BLUFOR Raiders & INDEP Raiders Factions as Hostile and OPFOR Survivors as friendly. Renegades Spawn - No.

Problem: If I spawn the player as Civilian - everyone apart from Zombies is friendly.

Problem: If I spawn as Independent - everyone is hostile (could not encounter friendly at least)

Problem: If I spawn as OPFOR - cannot wear uniforms of opposing factions.

Please help too set this up correctly. I am completely lost. Do I have to spawn as a certain unit for relations too work properly?

2. I cannot heal myself with bandages, elastic bandages, morphine injectors. Haven't tried the First Aid Kit. Anything else works apart from FAK? (assuming that it actually works).

All in all this is a great mod and I enjoyed playing the original on Altis, however would like to customize a map to my personal liking and playing around with.

Thanks for the mod Haleks and hope for some help from this (at least I heard) nice coommunity. :f:

Hi CrossGTX!

1. There's a simple editor trick that should solve your problems : place down a playable civilian unit, then place an opfor unit and group the civ player to it. Delete the opfor unit, et voilà! You have an opfor player who can wear anything.

2. I presume you're playing with ACE? ACE items can't interact with the survival system; it only works for bullet wounds or injuries inflicted by zombies for now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, haleks said:

Hi CrossGTX!

1. There's a simple editor trick that should solve your problems : place down a playable civilian unit, then place an opfor unit and group the civ player to it. Delete the opfor unit, et voilà! You have an opfor player who can wear anything.

2. I presume you're playing with ACE? ACE items can't interact with the survival system; it only works for bullet wounds or injuries inflicted by zombies for now.

That was quick! :) So healing with ACE is not an issue at all since I mixed up the required CBA with required ACE (sorry ACE you are going down on this one).

The editor trick seems to be simple enough so hopefully all will be in order now.

If you don't mind I'll ask 2 more questions (not really important):

1. My balaclava (or any 'glasses' class item) disappear on mission start. <- This also happens on an exile server I set up recently.

2. No matter which face I choose it seems to spawn the default face.

Thank you for your reply. I really hope you will keep working on this mod (although can't think of much that needs doing). Good luck! :D

2 hours ago, CrossGTX said:

1. My balaclava (or any 'glasses' class item) disappear on mission start. <- This also happens on an exile server I set up recently.

2. No matter which face I choose it seems to spawn the default face.

That's just how Arma3 handles the "player identity" : it overrides everything, including glasses... A bit annoying.

Only work-around is to use setFace and addGoggles on each playable units init field. SetIdendity is the safest bet IMO, but it may require additional configs mission-side.

3 hours ago, haleks said:

Hordes shouldn't interfere in any way with the ambiant spawner. As EO suggested, make sure 'Sun Influence' is off, report back if you keep having issues.

18 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

@Caluu...when you place your ambient zed module, what is your "sun factor" setting?......having it set to "yes" will significantly decrease zed spawns during daytime...it can vary from a 30% chance during daytime to 90% at nighttime.

Ok guys I got it figured out!! Thanks it was the sun setting.

Also Haleks if I may request: zombie difficulty or more damage per hit please. Possible slider or 1-10 option. 1 being very easy and 10 being extreme hard. Definitely need a zombie difficulty slider or system/module support. Please.

Also I need a skeletons and skulls/ tribal object mod for my mission. Maybe some creepy blair witch project stuff. Creepy skull monuments and bone trees. Anyone throw me a link or something? The skeleton and skull the editor gives me is not pretty enough and I don't know how to make objects.

Edit: when my mission is complete I will release it for everyone to play. A strange survivor encampment deep in the jungle is scary and extremely deadly.

Edited by Caluu66x

9 hours ago, haleks said:

Is it the custom init script I posted a while ago? If so I'll need to debug it as I didn't test all of it.

Otherwise it could be a configuration problem : basically Ravage adds a "Fired" event handler to all units that inherits from base classes. That EH makes sure to add additional mags if the unit is running out, and to do so looks up the configs to find the matching magazine to its weapon. If the EH fails or doesn't trigger : it's either a misconfigured weapon or the unit you are using doesn't inherit from base classes for whatever reason.

I'll need more details or a copy of the mission to debug this, though...

I think the EH was failing and its due to one of the weapons/mags as i attempted another method of testing a EH,this one.......  this addeventhandler ["fired", {(_this select 0) setvehicleammo 1}]

And it also seemed to not be working on some of the spawned in weapons.Yes i am using the custom init you outlined a few weeks ago,i have many modded weapons in my scenario.I will try to narrow it down to which may be causing the issue.In the meantime i have found a work around.

• Like 1

Hi ! Just I downloaded the mod but it tells me that I'm missing files with vehicules... Can someone help me please? :down:

Hi ! Just I downloaded the mod but it tells me that I'm missing files with vehicules... Can someone help me please? :down:

Hmmm... Does the mod start at all? Do you have apex dlc? Or maybe it wants RHS/CUP vehicles.

I'm a noob too, but some more info wouldn't hurt I guess.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, CrossGTX said:

Hmmm... Does the mod start at all? Do you have apex dlc? Or maybe it wants RHS/CUP vehicles.

I'm a noob too, but some more info wouldn't hurt I guess.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

As far as im aware,Ravage does not require any dependencies(possibly CBA however)

I dont have APEX installed and works ok.

@piccolloshirt

Is it possible some of your vanilla Arma3 PBOs are deleted somehow? Verify game cache and if you still get the issue,PM me and i will send you the previous version of ravage i have backed up,and yo can test on that.

I have not actually downloaded newest version yet,previous version does not have the issue your describing on my end.

3 hours ago, redarmy said:

I have not actually downloaded newest version yet,previous version does not have the issue your describing on my end

I have to start getting back into mission editing and I'm getting an "error 73 bad version" apparently related to the gutting knife.p3d.

5 minutes ago, sniperandy said:

I have to start getting back into mission editing and I'm getting an "error 73 bad version" apparently related to the gutting knife.p3d.

Are you on dev-branch? I'm not getting this on current stable.

By the way, small update on the changelog preview :

Tweaked :
Reworked hunting behaviour for bandits.
Reworked ambiant music system.
Tweaked vanilla gear lists (loot & AI) :
- Added more civilian uniforms.
- Military gear limited to more generic content (AAF gear was removed, emphasis on NATO gear).

Fixed :
The Loot Search feature wasn't working in MP.
Fix for off-center view after consuming survival items.
Fixed an issue preventing players from unfolding sleeping bags or tents inside buildings.
Minor fix to the 28 years later mission.
Fix for various RPT errors.

New :
New setting to the Ambient AI module defining chances for any bandit group to hunt players.
New setting to the Equipment Pool module to limit stock content :
- currently excludes vanilla uniforms from the gear lists.
- should be used in combination with supported addons.

The new hunting behaviour is pretty darn efficient now, I've been working on it for a small "manhunt" scenario set on Chernobyl, and I'm starting to be happy with the results ("hunters" are hardly noticeable in the current version).

Right now I'm testing it on a larger scale : fallujah, high population factor and hunters presence set to 100%. Patrol squad wiped out in less than 5 minutes. What a blast! \o/

Basically, it's Black Hawk Down, and it took me less than a minute to make the test-scenario... Beware guys, mission makers will have the power to turn your life into a hellish nightmare.

fourbe.gif

• Like 5