Hello everyone:

I encountered some bugs today which only occur in ravage missions. I tried other missions (Iron front missions, compainge and dynamic recon).

The Aim is not at the center anymore. The aim will slightly shift to the side of the screen until cannot shift. Please check the pictures below:

r8R4lGsl.jpg

You can see, I was looking straight forward but the gun was pointing at the sky. This bug occur after "double clicking using items" and looting "I".

Please help! Thanks a lot!

@haleks Thanks haleks! I can't wait to get it out there and see what you guys think. There's a whole bunch of stuff like caves and a secret bunker that have been added but haven't shown, along with special weapons to find. I've even got a small bandit camp working using the Ravage script that Jimmakos told me about (Thanks Jimmakos!). I have zero scripting skill though, so it'll probably be a bit clunky.

I was also thinking about setting up a mission system both at Hunter's Village and the Joint British/Taki base. It's all just an idea, but would it be possible to make a script so that clearing out a bandit base awards players some money (bounty from the army guys maybe?) and also makes it so that the bandits only spawn during that mission? And make it repeatable? Or perhaps a mission to collect a certain amount of supplies like five bits of rabbit meat for some cash, or ammo for their weapon?

• Like 2

Hello everyone:

I encountered some bugs today which only occur in ravage missions. I tried other missions (Iron front missions, compainge and dynamic recon).

The Aim is not at the center anymore. The aim will slightly shift to the side of the screen until cannot shift. Please check the pictures below:

r8R4lGsl.jpg

You can see, I was looking straight forward but the gun was pointing at the sky. This bug occur after "double clicking using items" and looting "I".

Please help! Thanks a lot!

Already reported, although you seem to suggest it is linked to the inventory, wich is new...

Could you check if the problem persists after holstering your weapon?

@ContheJon : You could use triggers for this : set one to detect whenever OPFOR or INDEP is not present in a specific area, and from there trigger a script for rewards.

Just finished episode 06 of my "Ravage" series on YouTube. This is much closer to the "Escape From Tanoa" first episide I did. It's an hour long and picks up right where everything left off at the end of episode 05.

I had planned on doing this episode on Namalsk but had a change of heart at the last second. Decided to go with Esseker instead. Had a lot of fun playing this!
  • Like 6

I have no problem with you recycling stuff from the Tanoa demo; I presume Cosmic feels the same, but it's better to ask him first. ;)

To be fair, the modularity of Ravage over-complicates things... ^^

I posted some script examples some time ago, I suggest you take a look at this : https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/183264-ravage-mod/page-196#entry3120068

You should be able to define precisely what can spawn, or what gear is allowed for the ambient AIs.

To define what vehicles/wrecks are allowed, use this script :

0 = [] spawn {
	waitUntil {!isNil "rvg_wrecks"};
	sleep 0.5;
	rvg_wrecks = [
		//wrecks
		"Land_Wreck_BMP2_F",
		"Land_Wreck_BRDM2_F",
		"Land_Wreck_Car_F",
		"Land_Wreck_Car2_F",
		"Land_Wreck_Car3_F",
		"Land_Wreck_HMMWV_F",
		"Land_Wreck_Hunter_F",
		"Land_Wreck_Offroad_F",
		"Land_Wreck_Offroad2_F",
		"Land_Wreck_Skodovka_F",
		"Land_Wreck_Slammer_hull_F",
		"Land_Wreck_T72_hull_F",
		"Land_Wreck_Truck_dropside_F",
		"Land_Wreck_Truck_F",
		"Land_Wreck_UAZ_F", 
		"Land_Wreck_Ural_F",
		"Land_Wreck_Van_F",
		//civ
		"C_Offroad_01_F",
		"C_Offroad_01_repair_F",
		"C_Hatchback_01_F",
		"C_Hatchback_01_sport_F",
		"C_SUV_01_F",
		"C_Van_01_transport_F",
		"C_Van_01_box_F",
		"C_Truck_02_transport_F",
		"C_Truck_02_covered_F",
		//guer
		"I_G_Offroad_01_repair_F",
		"I_G_Offroad_01_F",
		"I_Truck_02_covered_F",
		"I_Truck_02_transport_F",
		"I_G_Van_01_transport_F",
		//apex
		"C_Offroad_02_unarmed_F",
		"I_C_Offroad_02_unarmed_F"
	];
};

Give a shout if you need help or encounter issues with those.

Haleks,does this also determine what vehicles the AI can spawn in and patrol in?

........aaaaaaand if soooooo..... will helicopters work? :lol:

I have no problem with you recycling stuff from the Tanoa demo; I presume Cosmic feels the same, but it's better to ask him first. ;)

Will do.  :) 

Actually I'll hold off releasing the mission first until it's 100% done. Also is there a function I could call or spawn for the zombie horde or is it only available through a module in the editor?

• Like 1

Will do.  :) 

Actually I'll hold off releasing the mission first until it's 100% done. Also is there a function I could call or spawn for the zombie horde or is it only available through a module in the editor?

In addition to this - It would be awsome to be able to make the horde wander in an area or from one point to another.

The functions from Ravage won't be of much help, as they are designed to work along with the modules; they won't be very practical to use.

But you can spawn zeds like you'd spawn any agent with createAgent :

_zed = createAgent ["zombie_runner", position player, [], 50, "NONE"];
_zed moveTo (position player);

Classnames for zombies are : "zombie_runner", "zombie_bolter", "zombie_walker". Everything else is automated (random uniform, behaviour etc); if you want that zombie to be persistent, use this variable :

_zed setVariable ["_zPersistent", true, true];
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

I've fixed a few more things on my dev-build :

WARNING : MP saves from previous versions aren't compatible!
Tweaked :
Parts of the MP saving functions have been replaced with engine script commands.

Fixed :
Issues when searching Arma2 furnitures for loot.
Some 3d models from CUP terrains were missing from the 'trash & furnitures' list.
Fixed locality issues when a player is hit by a zombie in MP.
Zombies were able to hit targets high above them.
Critical errors regarding loot randomization.
Error with CBA_fnc_taskPatrol.
Hand Flares were missing their AI ammo usage flags.
Fixes for the final task in the 28 Years Later scenario.

New :
Added support for CUP vehicles.

Now, Arma3 has just been updated to 1.66; I'm going to do some testing on my end, but I'd say the update is pretty much ready.

The one thing I haven't been able to reproduce so far, is that off-center ironsight glitch... If anyone could confirm it's still a thing on stable 1.66, that would spare me some time. ;)

• Like 5

The one thing I haven't been able to reproduce so far, is that off-center ironsight glitch... If anyone could confirm it's still a thing on stable 1.66, that would spare me some time. ;)

Didn't see it in RC, don't see it in stable. 

• Like 2

Already reported, although you seem to suggest it is linked to the inventory, wich is new...

Could you check if the problem persists after holstering your weapon?

@ContheJon : You could use triggers for this : set one to detect whenever OPFOR or INDEP is not present in a specific area, and from there trigger a script for rewards.

I finished 28 years mission and started a new playing through of this mission. I did not encounter this issue in new playing through so far.  I fixed this issue by saving game and loading again which will make the aim centering again. I will try holstering weapon if I see this bug later.  

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Really looking forward to playing this mod, but it isn't letting me play. 

I get this error when I try to play it:

missions\@Ravage\optionals\missions\Ravage.Altis\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item54/Entities/Item0.type: Vehicle class Survivor1 no longer exists

Looks like a missing file or something, though I'm not very familiar with this kind of stuff and have no idea.

Is it a mod dependency or something?

An update came out recently, did it remove something?

Thanks.

Hey guys,

Really looking forward to playing this mod, but it isn't letting me play. 

I get this error when I try to play it:

missions\@Ravage\optionals\missions\Ravage.Altis\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item54/Entities/Item0.type: Vehicle class Survivor1 no longer exists

Looks like a missing file or something, though I'm not very familiar with this kind of stuff and have no idea.

Is it a mod dependency or something?

An update came out recently, did it remove something?

Thanks.

Standard problem solving:

Verify Arma in steam

Download mission / mod again (delete old)

You need CBA for the mission to work (but it should promt you for that in the launcher)

Hope for the best.

Hi Haleks, Hi everyone,

I've been confronted with a bug since I switched to 1.66. AI units don't wear any uniform except for zombies... I have been using a script to modify loot in buildings (one of the scripts in this thread), and never changed anything when it comes to AI units' gear arrays. That same mission worked fine before the update! 

Thank you for the mod by the way, it's brilliant!

Will Ravage spawn loot in IFA buildings (most importantly, Staszow)?

A few issues on my yesterday evening play, in multiplayer. (I was hosting locally)  :

- I fixed a car and took it with some friends. We put some equipment inside but then i was the only one able to retrieve equipment from the car.

My friends could put equipment inside, but not retrieve it...Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I am the one who repaired the car, and with the ravage_owned fnc ? It was a car generated by the wreck module.

- During all the evening, my buddies could take a look inside wrecks and see some First Aid Kit (that they shouldn't probably see!), but actually not take it (which is normal i think, as there shouldn't be any FAK in the wrecks).

For me, i wasn't able to see any FAK in wrecks, so the bug was only applying to them.

Hope it will help.

hey guys, im getting an error something like this : "default/ class is not a protocal" that isnt exactly wht it says i tried to remember. im not sure whats causing that, happens whn im playing the demo mission and even whn i play the one i made with editor.

thanks all

from your pal

SUPER noob Caluu :D

EDIT: also zombies attacked me while they were climbing a ladder and i was climbing the same ladder, not sure if bug or just how it was made, thnks Haleks

• Like 1

hey guys, im getting an error something like this : "default/ class is not a protocal" that isnt exactly wht it says i tried to remember. im not sure whats causing that, happens whn im playing the demo mission and even whn i play the one i made with editor.

EDIT: also zombies attacked me while they were climbing a ladder and i was climbing the same ladder, not sure if bug or just how it was made, thnks Haleks.

The "default/ class is not a protocol" error may stem from RHS mod.......are you using RHS?

Taking damage from zeds while climbing ladders is being fixed in the next update.

:)

• Like 1

Standard problem solving:

Verify Arma in steam

Download mission / mod again (delete old)

You need CBA for the mission to work (but it should promt you for that in the launcher)

Hope for the best.

Thanks for the response,

Redownloaded from both here and armaholic, didn't work.

Verified the cache and it said that everything was there, and I only have CBA mounted.

Anyone got any other ideas?

Go to your main Arma 3 folder, and add this pbo to your "missions" folder, you'll be able to select the mission in Scenarios.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0dxg7tfhvpvcvr/Ravage_Tanoa_with_Altis_music.Tanoa.pbo?dl=0

Enjoy!

I get this too, and I'm not using RHS. I did a while ago but that was earlier this year, I have since reinstalled Arma 3 fresh (Nothing better than fresh arma in the morning!) Now I'm not a mod maker or anyone who knows what he's actually talking about, but it seems like it happens whenever something spawns around me, but never out of the map boundaries, always within them.

I've also been working on the map some more and started work on the eastern region. It's got a more Arabian flavour to it, since the Arabs come in to Takistan from the east (in my mission anyway), so they wear all the typical attire rather than the Badlanders who are descendants of tourists, fishermen and boat crew, foreign soldiers and aid workers when the bombs dropped and the world went to war.

http://imgur.com/a/EFRwz

• Like 5

A few issues on my yesterday evening play, in multiplayer. (I was hosting locally)  :

- I fixed a car and took it with some friends. We put some equipment inside but then i was the only one able to retrieve equipment from the car.

My friends could put equipment inside, but not retrieve it...Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I am the one who repaired the car, and with the ravage_owned fnc ? It was a car generated by the wreck module.

- During all the evening, my buddies could take a look inside wrecks and see some First Aid Kit (that they shouldn't probably see!), but actually not take it (which is normal i think, as there shouldn't be any FAK in the wrecks).

For me, i wasn't able to see any FAK in wrecks, so the bug was only applying to them.

Hope it will help.

Long standing arma 3 issue. A player has to take "possession" of the vehicle at least once. Let your friends jump in the drivers seat once and start the engine. Inventory should work for every that does it

• Like 2

The "default/ class is not a protocol" error may stem from RHS mod.......are you using RHS?

Taking damage from zeds while climbing ladders is being fixed in the next update.

i am not using any of the RHS mods for my game.

thnks for the info on the zeds also my good man/madam

looking forward to the next updates!

REQUEST for Haleks, zombie sound a bit louder please!!! pretty please!! with a cherry on top! :D

from you pal

SUPER noob Caluu! :D

EDIT:: hey guys/gals, i have a question, how do i get my edited mission made with ravage to get a group of raiders to come and investigate the "smoke" from the inital start point?

also i want to make a friendly blufor base some where in the map tht has the occasional zombie attack, i want to place blufor military units that patrol the parimiter and occupy the buildings and like walk around and stuff, i have watched youtube videos on this, but everytim i try to use the blufor "site" system thing they all stand around and spawn with a truck, i dont want the military truck to spawn and i want to make the units patrol around and then if they see zombies they will shoot them, please keep in mind i want the zombies to randomly attack once in a while. also keep in mind i am SUPER noob Caluu and i am super inexperienced in this portion of my mission im making, once its complete ill let others try out my mission file and see if they like it.

THNKS AGAIN

SUPER noob Caluu! :D

Hi chaps!

Ravage has been updated!

All issues that were introduced with the recent update are/should be fixed; it was more than time to add support for CUP vehicles too!

Here's the final changelog :

WARNING : MP saves from previous versions aren't compatible!

Tweaked :
Parts of the MP saving functions have been replaced with engine script commands.

Fixed :
Possible fix for default protocol class error.
All locality issues with ambient AI and vehicles should be fixed.
Issues when searching Arma2 furnitures for loot.
Some 3d models from CUP terrains were missing from the 'trash & furnitures' list.
Fixed locality issues when a player is hit by a zombie in MP.
Zombies were able to hit targets high above them.
Critical errors regarding loot randomization.
Error with CBA_fnc_taskPatrol.
Hand Flares were missing their AI ammo usage flags.
Fixes for the final task in the 28 Years Later scenario.

New :
Added support for CUP vehicles.

Download link :

drive_logo.png

Have fun everyone!

• Like 7