In order to cook raw meat, first you have to be in close range to the campfire, you will then get a prompt in the action menu to cook fooSo

So i dont know why this isnt working , all i can think is its because im playing on Tanoa, but i dont get any pop up on action menu to cook 

So i dont know why this isnt working , all i can think is its because im playing on Tanoa, but i dont get any pop up on action menu to cook 

So you meet all the requirements for the action to show up?....You have raw meat in your inventory?.....playing on Tanoa shouldn't make any difference to your problem.

So you meet all the requirements for the action to show up?....You have raw meat in your inventory?.....playing on Tanoa shouldn't make any difference to your problem.

very odd *scratches head

Update: So i found the problem XD, in Tanoa Ravage you start out in a Syndikat Camp which has 2 campfires, these were the fires i was trying to cook meat at, which was my problem :) so always build my own for now on!

• Like 1

Dear Haleks: I believe i found a bug, but i am not sure, but everytime i go to repair the wheels on a truck with the .50cal it tends to "Hop" im not sure if thats a bug from the repair animation or wht have you.

Also may i please make a request?

Please make the zombie sounds louder; the moaning and groaning, and if at all possible make the runners have more of a gurgly howl sound.

Example: The runners just spotted you and they let out a gutteral howl sound, maybe have the animation give a momentary(1-3 second) stare at the player before charging. all the while making the gutteral howl sound.

or even do it for the bolters.

Kinda like someone who is sick with lots of phlegm in their throats. I feel this could be a terrifying experience and add to the zombie experience.

please and thank you.

also is the speed different between the runners and bolters? please forgive me if u feel these are spoilers, i am SUPER noob caluu and am inexperienced with forums and arma editor. I can barely place a tree and a broken truck. LOL

from ur pal

SUPER noob Caluu :D

There are two caching systems in Ravage currently; the one you've been using - let's call it the lite one - only deals with physics (it also hides vehicles, but it doesn't save much frames).

And there's the "heavy" system : written to handle the hundreds of wrecks and vehicles spawned by the vehicles module. This one is much more efficient but currently has a few limitations - it only works on vehicles that are 100% empty (no crew, no cargo).

Here's an init you can try on your vehicles, if you want to test the difference :

0 = this spawn {
	sleep 1;
	clearMagazineCargoGlobal _this;
	clearWeaponCargoGlobal _this;
	clearItemCargo _this;
	rvg_dynamicWrecks pushBack _this;
};

You can set the caching distance in the Vehicles module.

I will keep working on those caching systems eventually, and replace the "lite" one with the more efficient version. ;)

Also the clean-up system is only usefull for endless or very long scenarios; if you do need it, you can exclude objects from it with a special variable :

this setVariable ["rvg_owned", true, true];

This variable also works on dead bodies you don't want to be removed.

The mosin is most likely from RHS Gref : start by checking this mod. ;)

Nice one for the explanation Haleks.

More to it than i initially thought,its a game changer to have the viehicle cache even in its current state,works really well for people mission making who want to put down alot of veihicles.

Looking forward to the update.

- The problem with the loot search function and Arma2 terrains.

Goodmorning, everyone

- haleks the only problem i get with the search loot function sometimes, is that the inventory won't show up once you done searching, dunno if this is really something from the mod, it might be due to the building(s) collision or the object(s) collision geometry that prevents it from showing up. This does not happen all the time, on the open field when i find junk piles and wrecks most of the time it works flawless, but inside the buildings and using the function on chest's and dresser's it does come up with this malfunction.

Also another issue i noticed is that from the unofficial gas masks addons like the KA's Specially Equipped and the AVON FM12 Respirator gas mask pack, the fatigue breathing sound is still present, unlike the one that comes with the mod that work as intended.

• Like 3

This mod is awesome! Thanks for this Haleks.

I've expanded on the Tanoa mission and have worked on a scripted main mission and a random side mission system. Just to ask, what's the variable for the trader currency in Ravage? Wanted to setup the side missions with some rewards.

• Like 2

Hello everyone:

Really enjoy the "28 years" mission. I also like the "Ravage- A mission" and coop mission "escape".

I would like to ask which AI mod you guys using for now?

I am using ASR AI3 which has a good performance in regular campaign and scenarios. However, in ravage, including "28 years" mission, ASR AI3 mod makes all AI shooting accuracy for zombies very very low, they cannot even hit zombies once in 50 meters.... but bandits can hit me 200 meters away in 2 shoots by the way....

Thanks a lot! :)

Goodmorning, everyone

- haleks the only problem i get with the search loot function sometimes, is that the inventory won't show up once you done searching, dunno if this is really something from the mod, it might be due to the building(s) collision or the object(s) collision geometry that prevents it from showing up. This does not happen all the time, on the open field when i find junk piles and wrecks most of the time it works flawless, but inside the buildings and using the function on chest's and dresser's it does come up with this malfunction.

Yes. I also encountered this issue in "28 years" mission. I found a "bean can" inside a car wreck and I cannot get it!!!! :ph34r:  I thought it should be the items spawning distance is too far to detect. I went closer and tried again, it was fine. 

I've expanded on the Tanoa mission and have worked on a scripted main mission and a random side mission system. Just to ask, what's the variable for the trader currency in Ravage? Wanted to setup the side missions with some rewards.

Looking forward to playing your mission!!! Maybe, you can set up some special gears and guns as rewards  :D!! Especially the night vision goggles, I did not find one in original ravage loot although the wiki said I had one chance to get one in military area!!!

For every playing through, I did not always encounter the traders. And, honestly, it is very hard to distinguish which group is traders and which group is bandits before shooting at them.  :o

Goodmorning, everyone

Also another issue i noticed is that from the unofficial gas masks addons like the KA's Specially Equipped and the AVON FM12 Respirator gas mask pack, the fatigue breathing sound is still present, unlike the one that comes with the mod that work as intended.

I agree that it seems that its the object placement,clipping into other objects will cause the inventory to open/close as described.

I didnt test with ravage loot but in the past i noticed it with another looting script.

I would take a stab Haleks,and say try to spawn loot a few extra meters off the ground,in a place holder object,that once it falls can bounce away from objects and then delete itself.

Hope that made sense.

Looking forward to playing your mission!!! Maybe, you can set up some special gears and guns as rewards  :D!! Especially the night vision goggles, I did not find one in original ravage loot although the wiki said I had one chance to get one in military area!!!

For every playing through, I did not always encounter the traders. And, honestly, it is very hard to distinguish which group is traders and which group is bandits before shooting at them.  :o

Just follow the rules of engagement - do not fire until fired upon ;)

I sometimes do a warning shot over their heads - if they fire back I go all HAM on them. It's a cruel world

• Like 4

Thanks! Not sure if I can release it just yet since it uses a lot of other stuff, don't know how permissions work in Arma3 community(haven't read that yet). I basically made the mission for personal enjoyment.

The main mission I did is simply the default opening for the Ravage.Tanaoa mission with a different background and with objectives from cosmic10r's "A Mission"(collect intel/laptop functions) ported in.

The new stuff I added in are hunters that follow you if you progress into the main mission, survivor zones and inside the main zone is a mission board that produces random missions when activated. The only random side mission I have for now is clear a random area of bandits(no rewards yet.).

• Like 1

Dear Haleks: I believe i found a bug, but i am not sure, but everytime i go to repair the wheels on a truck with the .50cal it tends to "Hop" im not sure if thats a bug from the repair animation or wht have you.

[...]

also is the speed different between the runners and bolters? please forgive me if u feel these are spoilers, i am SUPER noob caluu and am inexperienced with forums and arma editor. I can barely place a tree and a broken truck. LOL

from ur pal

Hi Caluu,

That little "hop" is itended, more or less : this is to prevent vehicles from staying stuck in the ground when fixing their wheels.

As for bolters, they do run a bit faster than the runners, beware. ;)

Goodmorning, everyone

Thanks Jim!

That's a weird issue about the gasmask SFX... What's the classname of the character you're playing? Reason I ask is that right now that feature only works for units using the vanilla protocols/languages.

The classname you're looking for is "rvg_money". It is configured as magazines, so if you want to add let's say 100 bucks to the player :

for "_i" from 1 to random 100 do {
	player addItem "rvg_money";
};

Cheers!

• Like 2

Changelog preview for the next (small) update :

WARNING : MP saves from previous versions aren't compatible!

Tweaked :
Parts of the MP saving functions have been replaced with engine script commands.

Fixed :
Fixed locality issues when a player is hit by a zombie in MP.
Zombies were able to hit targets high above them.
Critical errors regarding loot randomization.
Error with CBA_fnc_taskPatrol.
Hand Flares were missing their AI ammo usage flags.
Fixes for the final task in the 28 Years Later scenario.

New :
Added support for CUP vehicles.

CUP vehicles will be fully supported in the next version (the vehicles module will make use of them to populate maps) - at last!

The 20 years later demo received some fixes for the last stage, but you won't need to start a new game - unless you've already triggered the final task (you'll know it...)!

So if you're doing this mission right now and don't want to start over, I suggest you guys don't rush it until the update. ;)

• Like 10

So if you're doing this mission right now and don't want to start over, I suggest you guys don't rush it until the update. ;)

Taking this one long and slow....it's turning into a helluva road trip!  

• Like 3

dear Haleks, thnks for the reply there on the truck "hop" and the zombies speed.

any chance for a slight zombie voice volume boost?

thnks again

your pal

dear Haleks, thnks for the reply there on the truck "hop" and the zombies speed.

any chance for a slight zombie voice volume boost?

thnks again

your pal

edit: hmm not sure why this post showed up twice, my apologies

Hey Haleks, how does the loot respawn work? I'm over 10 days in game and most areas looted but nothing is coming back so I'm running out of stuff to loot.

• Like 1

I'm wondering how long it takes for loot to respawn as well, and if placed garbage, wardrobes and other searchable furniture can respawn loot also.

I've collected a few screenshots of errors here: http://imgur.com/a/hDcZH

But I'm not sure if they've been reported already  :confused:

Looking forward to CUP vehicles support! I don't have Apex so seeing those Jeeps spawning all over the place when I can't drive them and no pickups or hatchbacks was a bit frustrating. Can't wait to drive a Skoda across the desert!

Oh, and by the way, a little update on the map situation:

http://imgur.com/a/EFRwz

Would you mind if I use Ravage in this mission if I post this on the Steam Workshop, haleks? I'll get in contact with the authors of the other mods in this map and I'll see if I'll be allowed to use their mods in it, too.

• Like 1

That's a weird issue about the gasmask SFX... What's the classname of the character you're playing? Reason I ask is that right now that feature only works for units using the vanilla protocols/languages.

Hello haleks, i've been using the Nato men survivor "B_Survivor_F". He doesn't have a ravage icon on the far end of the bar but only the Zeus eye icon, so i believe is not a duplicated unit or a unit modified from the mod.

I will have to investigate that further as it might happen only and if you equip your character a gasmask straight from the virtual arsenal and not by loot spawn.

Thanks.

@Darkenraja & @ContheJon : Loot spawns once a day, so if you visit a building on the morrow it should be able to spawn loot again - same goes for wrecks and furnitures that have been searched.

Last time I checked this system was correctly working, but I'll have another look before the week-end.

Thanks for reporting guys.

@ContheJon : You don't need permissions to create & publish missions that require other mods; besides, I made Ravage for people to have fun with it. ;)

And I for one am really curious to put my hands on what you've been doing!

@Jim : The only requirement for the gasmask SFX to kick in is to have a survival module, so it won't work in VA for sure.

• Like 1

The classname you're looking for is "rvg_money". It is configured as magazines, so if you want to add let's say 100 bucks to the player :

for "_i" from 1 to random 100 do {
	player addItem "rvg_money";
};

Cheers!

Thanks haleks! I'm basically done with my mission. All that's left is to add more random side missions to my mission board feature with more varied rewards and some fine tuning and polishing. Dunno if I can post it  since it uses your base mission opening from the Tanoa mission and some objectives(not the entire plot) from cosmic10r's "A mission". All the other scripts I use is basically GPL.

(Link removed.)

• Like 1

I think I'm in over my simple minded head here.

But anyway... I would like to run Ravage in my zeus missions, AND have the same map run on my server just to run around and have fun. So the map will be reset eventually (ppl will have their saves i suppose, and then and again I will log in as zeus and do a mission with the peeps on the server.

For that reason I want to to edit the availability of equipment and weapons:

- I do not want any weapon over 7.62 in the game (besides some select bolt action rifles).

- I do not want some select military grade equipment in the game.

- I do not want some specific military grade cars / vehicles in ze game...

What I've done right now is the following:

- Loaded the editor with ravage and put down the modules - specified I want IFALITE, RHS and FRITHS ruin. Weaps and equip.

- Loaded ACE3 and defined it for medic use only (for this I will need to up the medics loot drastically - how?)

Then i meddled around a bit in the editor, then in the mission files and then I unpacked the pbo. I can't for the life of me find out how I edit the item-availability... In exile I could find lists to modify and who did what. I can't find andything here. 

Is this too much for a simpleton as me (who have no coding quilifications) - I feel the learning curve and the things I need to know to do rather simple stuff is extreemely high =)

I ran an exile server with some mods - and backwards engieneered the stuff there - but ... I'm at a loss here.

• Like 1

Thanks haleks! I'm basically done with my mission. All that's left is to add more random side missions to my mission board feature with more varied rewards and some fine tuning and polishing. Dunno if I can post it  since it uses your base mission opening from the Tanoa mission and some objectives(not the entire plot) from cosmic10r's "A mission". All the other scripts I use is basically GPL.

Anyway just wanted to share what I've done so far: https://www.dropbox.com/s/113rv151y2zm91y/TheRavagedJungle.zip?dl=0

(Requires RHS and IFA Lite).

I have no problem with you recycling stuff from the Tanoa demo; I presume Cosmic feels the same, but it's better to ask him first. ;)

I think I'm in over my simple minded head here.

But anyway... I would like to run Ravage in my zeus missions, AND have the same map run on my server just to run around and have fun. So the map will be reset eventually (ppl will have their saves i suppose, and then and again I will log in as zeus and do a mission with the peeps on the server.

For that reason I want to to edit the availability of equipment and weapons:

- I do not want any weapon over 7.62 in the game (besides some select bolt action rifles).

- I do not want some select military grade equipment in the game.

- I do not want some specific military grade cars / vehicles in ze game...

What I've done right now is the following:

- Loaded the editor with ravage and put down the modules - specified I want IFALITE, RHS and FRITHS ruin. Weaps and equip.

- Loaded ACE3 and defined it for medic use only (for this I will need to up the medics loot drastically - how?)

Then i meddled around a bit in the editor, then in the mission files and then I unpacked the pbo. I can't for the life of me find out how I edit the item-availability... In exile I could find lists to modify and who did what. I can't find andything here. 

Is this too much for a simpleton as me (who have no coding quilifications) - I feel the learning curve and the things I need to know to do rather simple stuff is extreemely high =)

I ran an exile server with some mods - and backwards engieneered the stuff there - but ... I'm at a loss here.

To be fair, the modularity of Ravage over-complicates things... ^^

I posted some script examples some time ago, I suggest you take a look at this : https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/183264-ravage-mod/page-196#entry3120068

You should be able to define precisely what can spawn, or what gear is allowed for the ambient AIs.

To define what vehicles/wrecks are allowed, use this script :

0 = [] spawn {
	waitUntil {!isNil "rvg_wrecks"};
	sleep 0.5;
	rvg_wrecks = [
		//wrecks
		"Land_Wreck_BMP2_F",
		"Land_Wreck_BRDM2_F",
		"Land_Wreck_Car_F",
		"Land_Wreck_Car2_F",
		"Land_Wreck_Car3_F",
		"Land_Wreck_HMMWV_F",
		"Land_Wreck_Hunter_F",
		"Land_Wreck_Offroad_F",
		"Land_Wreck_Offroad2_F",
		"Land_Wreck_Skodovka_F",
		"Land_Wreck_Slammer_hull_F",
		"Land_Wreck_T72_hull_F",
		"Land_Wreck_Truck_dropside_F",
		"Land_Wreck_Truck_F",
		"Land_Wreck_UAZ_F", 
		"Land_Wreck_Ural_F",
		"Land_Wreck_Van_F",
		//civ
		"C_Offroad_01_F",
		"C_Offroad_01_repair_F",
		"C_Hatchback_01_F",
		"C_Hatchback_01_sport_F",
		"C_SUV_01_F",
		"C_Van_01_transport_F",
		"C_Van_01_box_F",
		"C_Truck_02_transport_F",
		"C_Truck_02_covered_F",
		//guer
		"I_G_Offroad_01_repair_F",
		"I_G_Offroad_01_F",
		"I_Truck_02_covered_F",
		"I_Truck_02_transport_F",
		"I_G_Van_01_transport_F",
		//apex
		"C_Offroad_02_unarmed_F",
		"I_C_Offroad_02_unarmed_F"
	];
};

Give a shout if you need help or encounter issues with those.

• Like 3