I would definitely play 28 Years Later again if I could do it with a friend playing as Frost!

That would make for a great Twitch stream dude......^^......  :D  

• Like 5

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=764343425&searchtext=ravage

I have a question with regards to the "Ravage DayZ in Stratis" mission I put on workshop (link above). This might be just myself being a noob with workshop. I made this scenario a while back. I played it last night with a friend and we had a ton of fun. I originally made the mission to only require three mods, Ravage, CBA_A3 and the JSRS3 (Dragonfyre) sound conversion. I would like to remove the Dragonfyre requirement for this mission and make it optional. I'm not sure how to do this in the editor? I tried a few things but whenever I try to start the mission without Dragonfyre enabled I get errors.

The goal is to expose as many people as possible to Ravage who have the base Arma 3 game without any DLC.

@donnie.....you will have to remove the dependency from the mission.sqm to remove those errors, if your unsure how to do this send me your mission file and i' can remove the dependency for you.....if you like.  ;)

• Like 1

@donnie.....you will have to remove the dependency from the mission.sqm to remove those errors, if your unsure how to do this send me your mission file and i' can remove the dependency for you.....if you like.  ;)

Thank you man! I'm going to try and figure it out. If I can't... I'll reach out. I really appreciate it. I just did not know if there was an option in the editor. I'll look into the mission.sqm.

Thank you man! I'm going to try and figure it out. If I can't... I'll reach out. I really appreciate it. I just did not know if there was an option in the editor. I'll look into the mission.sqm.

I think mission files are still binarized by default.....you'll want to unbinarize your mission file before you can edit it. Untick the binarize option in your Eden settings. ;)  

• Like 2

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=764343425&searchtext=ravage

I have a question with regards to the "Ravage DayZ in Stratis" mission I put on workshop (link above). This might be just myself being a noob with workshop. I made this scenario a while back. I played it last night with a friend and we had a ton of fun. I originally made the mission to only require three mods, Ravage, CBA_A3 and the JSRS3 (Dragonfyre) sound conversion. I would like to remove the Dragonfyre requirement for this mission and make it optional. I'm not sure how to do this in the editor? I tried a few things but whenever I try to start the mission without Dragonfyre enabled I get errors.

The goal is to expose as many people as possible to Ravage who have the base Arma 3 game without any DLC.

Go to the folder where you saved the mission. " C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\profilename\missions ".... Then open your mission.sqm in notepad or notepad++.

Then look for addons section. Find the mod line you want to delete and save. Load Arma (make sure you don't have the JSR mod loaded) Then open the mission in the editor, save the mission, export as normal and everything should be fine.

addons[]=

{

"A3_Structures_F_Exp_Commercial_FuelStation_01",

"A3_Structures_F_Mil_Cargo",

"ravage",

"JSR3_Dragonfyre",                                                      \\\\\\\ Delete this line  \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

"A3_Structures_F_Mil_Fortification",

"A3_Structures_F_Wrecks",

"cba_xeh",

"A3_Props_F_Exp_Industrial_HeavyEquipment",

• Like 2

Actually kodabar, there are : I've stumbled upon a LRPS once. And I also know there are DMS, MOS and MRCO that should spawn.

Ah yes, that's what I meant. I was struggling to think of the name and just gave up and said 'red dot'. MRCO - that's the blighter! Thanks.

• Like 1

I'm finding "28 years later" highly enjoyable,,,,tactical and suspenseful in equal measure, I haven't finished it yet so I don't know what's in store for Frost, but I've already thought this would make a really great 2 player coop experience with a bit of roleplay thrown in, playing as Frost would make for a super scary ride, relying on someone else for protection.

I would definitely play 28 Years Later again if I could do it with a friend playing as Frost!

Actually, it shouldn't be too much trouble to adapt the scenario for MP - although I'm not sure the mission is doable in a single playthrough, wich means we would need to achieve persistent Tasks...

The next update... Maybe...

@one_eyed_croaker : Those are/will be worked on.

• Like 2

Heroes asked a few post back about utilizing Frost's backpack to store loot....is his backpack "off limits" by design? 

You should be able to access his backpack : the action doesn't pop-up middle-screen anymore (I hate pop-ups), but it should be there in the scrolling menu when near Frost's backpack.

You can also access his inventory via the map screen, although it's not very practical...

• Like 1

Ooh...maybe i have a bug then, for me the option to open his backpack is there...but his inventory flashes for a brief second then disappears....I'm running a few SP enhancement mods, maybe there is a conflict.

Edit....I've been using the map "team tab" method. ^^   ;)  

Guys, help me. I've been taken hostage by the mission editing fairy and it won't let me go to bed! I've basically been working on the Mad Max inspired mission and added some docks using stuff from CUP. Didn't even mean to, I was just browsing for some more shipwrecks and came across them (Scroll to the end ones, they're the newest): 

http://imgur.com/a/EFRwz

I think I need to actually get into map making at this point. Does anyone know if you need any coding or scripting skill, or can a complete noob like me give it a try? I do know some really basic stuff about scripts (give a unit infinite ammo, refuel a vehicle at a waypoint etc) but nothing substantial. 

• Like 5

Guys, help me. I've been taken hostage by the mission editing fairy and it won't let me go

Good. Very good. :devil:

(I don't know nothing about map-making though - I reckon it will involve some configs fiddling, probably, although you can surely keep it to a minimum if you inherits most stuff from stock terrains...)

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

I've been away these last few days, and couldn't answer on the forums. First thing first : thanks to all for the positive feedbacks!

I've seen a few error reports in the previous pages; if you guys have any screenshots, RPT reports or error messages, do share them on the forum or send them via PM! I will try to push a small update once 1.66 hits stable, mainly to iron out those hiccups.

Try this buddy :

_grp = [_spawnPos, INDEPENDENT,["I_C_Soldier_Para_2_F","I_Soldier_LAT_F","B_sniper_F","I_G_Soldier_A_F","O_Soldier_A_F","O_HeavyGunner_F"]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
{[_x] call rvg_fnc_equip} forEach units _grp;

Man, that's brilliant - I frigging love those screens!

A couple other maps that could work well too :

Dariyah by Makhno : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25949

Kidal by Cirav (one big town surrounded by a huge desert) : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31089

I haven't encountered those issues when I released the update (wich has been tested on RC1.66); what Arma3 version are you guys running?

I'm running version 1.64.138732

@ContheJon

Wonderful! I like it! you are on to a good path there! it really does bring out a Mad Max style wasteland...

So, I am trying to make my map into a co-op map...I sadly cant get the scripting to go into place, such as Jimmako's script that he let me use that started you off waking up beside a destroyed car...if anyone has an idea, lemme know, I could use an improvement, I have gone ahead and thrown in a patrol to come down the road like as if it had began regularly, but it just doesn't feel the same...

• Like 1

Good. Very good. :devil:

(I don't know nothing about map-making though - I reckon it will involve some configs fiddling, probably, although you can surely keep it to a minimum if you inherits most stuff from stock terrains...)

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have a look sometime.

@ContheJon

Wonderful! I like it! you are on to a good path there! it really does bring out a Mad Max style wasteland...

Thanks very much! I'm glad people like it I'll probably put it up on the Steam workshop or something once I'm done.

Love the 28 years later mission. Finally, reach the military facilities. However, I did not find the scientist in the military base. Go through every corner but no one inside. Has someone encountered this issue? (Sorry, don't know how to add some content as "spoiler")

Haleks, I see tons of those (ArmA dev branch) - seems to occur when it tries to spawn friendlies:

if ((_pos distance _testPos) >= _minDist) the>
15:10:47   Error position: <_pos distance _testPos) >= _minDist) the>
15:10:47   Error Undefined variable in expression: _pos
15:10:47 File A3\functions_f\misc\fn_findSafePos.sqf, line 98
15:10:47 Error in expression <["_newX", "_newY", "_testPos"];
_newX = _posX + (_maxDist - (random (_maxDist * >
15:10:47   Error position: <_posX + (_maxDist - (random (_maxDist * >
15:10:47   Error Undefined variable in expression: _posx
15:10:47 File A3\functions_f\misc\fn_findSafePos.sqf, line 90
15:10:47 Error in expression < BIS_fnc_isPosBlacklisted)) then
{
{
{

[snip]

Look for objects to interact with. ;)

Haleks, I see tons of those (ArmA dev branch) - seems to occur when it tries to spawn friendlies:

{
{
{

Thanks man, those should be gone for the next update.

• Like 1

FFS....your just like my annoying work buddy....loves to tell me what happened in the latest episode of TWD before i've even had a chance to seen it!.....he's an asshole too.

To add spoiler content, click on the "Special BBCode" button,(it's third in from top left when your posting) select "Spolier", then spoil away till your black heart is content.  :angry:

Edited by R0adki11
spoilers have been added in his post - this post edited
  • Like 1

So, here's a mod some of you guys might find interesting if you want some basic melee combat with silent takedowns: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27262

It does work, I've been able to punch and pistol whip zombies and kill them, but I haven't tried takedowns yet. There's also a slightly annoying sound glitch when you jog without a weapon; the footstep sounds play twice as much as if your feet are going super fast when you jog, but that's about it as far as I know. It's compatible with Enhanced Movement (again, afaik) so you can do parkour and snap zombie necks!

A slight update on the Takistan map as well. I've added a "coastline" with some rocks, spruced up the docks and added a few more buildings: 

http://imgur.com/a/EFRwz

(Edit: for some reason the new pics aren't showing here, so just click on one and it'll take you to my screenshot album)

• Like 2

Hello haleks, thanks for the update of the mod man, took a day off from work and finally found some time to download the update, i really liked the gas mask effects and the option to scavenge things on the map, are a few things that catched my eye on the few minutes i tested the update.

Now it's time to update my missions too, and i'm planning on dumping the requirement of RHS mod in order to run the missions. since i'm only using a few vehicles on the map and some hand placed weapons also, can you recommend a way of giving AI units random weapons?

I don't really mind for the plain survivors i have placed on the map since "call rvg_fnc_equip" works as indented , but for the traders, since i want them to have predefined gear so equip function doesn't really suits over-here but i've tried ways to implement the rvg_fnc_AddWeapon

but failed miserably since my latest update a month ago.

Is there a good way to spawn a pack of bandit with a trigger? 

Hello, you can try this on a trigger (on the activation field): _nul = [thistrigger] spawn rvg_fnc_spawnBanditCamp

Thanks, Jim

• Like 2

Hello, you can try this on a trigger (on the activation field): _nul = [thistrigger] spawn rvg_fnc_spawnBanditCamp

Thanks, Jim

Hi Jimmakos! Does this script also respawn the bandit camp when killed by any chance? Or is it just a one-time spawn and when you kill them they're gone for good?