Anyone know why a zombie hitting me would deal damage to another player (and vice-versa)? :huh:

So after alot of work using MCC to add animals all on the Tanoa map , it turns out they started affecting fps aswell, just like the raptors. But luckily after some research i successfully installed TPW with everything but animals disabled. Now i just need to find some way of duplicating its ambient animal script for Raptors in the deep jungles. 

Hey Steve, to solve your raptor issues you can place some raptors in the editor and link them to a trigger so they will only spawn in certain areas and only when a player is present. Sync/group the raptors to the trigger. Or maybe someone can walk you through setting up a caching system. Hope that helps.

And Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Anyone know how i would use this command "0 = [this] call rvg_fnc_equip;"? Trying to create a bandit base though a script, would add more atmosphere with more random loadouts.

Anyone know how i would use this command "0 = [this] call rvg_fnc_equip;"? Trying to create a bandit base though a script, would add more atmosphere with more random loadouts.

You can spawn a camp with a trigger with _nul = [Thistrigger] spawn rvg_fnc_spawnBanditCamp Howerver Haleks said this command is not fully woring atm. I'm using it on my own missions and i think it works good. 

Anyone know how i would use this command "0 = [this] call rvg_fnc_equip;"? 

Add it to any units init.

Add it to any units init.

Well i dont know how to define the init of unit that is spawned through a script, i dont place any units with the editor. 

this is one line that i use to spawn units:

_grp      = [_spawnPos, INDEPENDENT,["I_C_Soldier_Para_2_F","I_Soldier_LAT_F","B_sniper_F","I_G_Soldier_A_F","O_Soldier_A_F","O_HeavyGunner_F"]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

but if i use the "createUnit" command it apparently have a init.

will try that.

I'm a huge fan of the "28 Days/Weeks" movies and I have the entire comic book collection as well. When I heard "Ravage" had a 28 themed mission... I completely nerded out a little bit. I'm going to stream my experience playing this mission tonight. I actually regularly play music from the 28 Days/Weeks movies while playing video games. Tonight I have even more of a reason to do so again!

If anyone wants to see what the mission is like, feel free to stop by the stream. This will also be my first time playing the latest version of Ravage, so I'm really interested in seeing a few of the changes! I will be starting within a half hour of this post.

http://www.twitch.tv/DonniePCgames

• Like 3

Loving the new update. However I have a couple issues I've since run into:

1. I am yet to find any weapon optics in the demo mission. Have they been removed or is it just a very rare sawn?
2. Every so often, my character starts randomly aiming the weapon up. I can't look down the sights properly as a result.

Mods I'm running:

RHS (all)
Bloodlust

Frifths Ruin

Ravage (obviously)

CBA

IFA3Lite

2. Every so often, my character starts randomly aiming the weapon up. I can't look down the sights properly as a result.

What i suggest is to remove one mod at a time until the issue stops, start with IFA3Lite.

• Like 1

dear ravage mod players and everyone.

i really enjoy this mod!

i have a couple concerns:

im using a mod called:

NIArsenal AK rifles pack

NIArsenal core

now im not sure but the weapons AK's and RPK's seem to kill the zombies whn i shoot them in the legs. i feel this shouldnt happen. i really like the headshots only to kill a zombie "typical zombie lore"

How do i prevent the zombies from dying when i shoot them in the legs. I havent tried with the stock weapons from arma 3. i dont have any DLC other then zeus.

can someone please look into that. I am currently working on using the editor with the ravage mod for my own personal single player game play, im SUPER!!!!! noob at this.

Here is a list of mods tht i am running with RAVAGE:

CBA_A3

BaBe midTex

NIArsenal (@NIArms AK Rifles)

NIArsenal (@NIArms Core)

CUP Weapons

CUP Units

CUP Vehicles

Arma Enhanced Movement

CUP Terrains - CORE

CUP Terrains - Maps

mrg unit sfx

RAVAGE (of course)

G. O. S. N'ziwasogo   (JUNGLE MAP/VIETNAM)

G. O. S. SongBinTahn V06    (JUNGLE MAP/VIETNAM)

those are all the mods i use with RAVAGE

please look into why the zombies die whn i shoot them in the legs with the rifles from the NIArsenal AK Pack and the NIArsenal (NIArms) CORE.

Thanks everyone, looking forward to hearing from you and great work with the mod there good sir/madam!!!!! please keep the updates coming!

THANK YOU!!! :D

Heya Caluu,

Your problem doesn't come from the NIArms packs and will still persist even with vanilla weapons. The reason for this is that Ravage currently doesn't have damage localization. What it means is that zombies spawned by the mod will act the same as any other character : they will take damage the same way everyone does. The only difference is that they take more body shots to encourage the "aim-for-the-head" feeling. Of course it depends on the caliber used (for example : 556 takes around 3-5 shots where 762 takes only 1-2).

The only way for you to do what you want is to roleplay it and force yourself to aim only for the head as much as humanly possible.

On a side-note, it would indeed be a nice option to have for people who want a more custom experience. We could have a setting using a module that negates damage dealt other than on the head (or, to circumvent that, add crazy-high armor values to everything except the head) to get more resilient zombies. No idea how complicated or feasible that is, but the idea still rings good.

• Like 1

1. I am yet to find any weapon optics in the demo mission. Have they been removed or is it just a very rare sawn?

There aren't many weapon optics and there are none with any kind of zoom. So you can find a red dot sight or similar, but not an ACOG.

I can't help with your second problem. It happens to me from time to time, but I've never found a good way to solve it other than restarting ArmA.

Actually kodabar, there are : I've stumbled upon a LRPS once. And I also know there are DMS, MOS and MRCO that should spawn. But they're all very rare indeed. I don't think there are any sort of red dots or holo sights that are supposed to spawn, at least that's what the files say. And that's assuming you're using vanilla stuff only.

Spoiler ahead for their locations, for those who don't want to be nicely surprised when they find them :

You can find the MRCO in military buildings.

DMS, MOS and LRPS all spawn in research buildings.

• Like 1

So I was messing around on the Takistan map from the CUP and noticed that the area north of the northernmost airfield looks like a dried up lake-bed if you add some shipwrecks. I added few more shipwrecks earlier today and it really started looking like something out of Mad Max. A bit later and it honestly looks like the Mad Max game in ArmA 3, almost. 

Seriously, thank you haleks and whoever else was involved for adding the ability to scavenge through rubbish dumps and interior containers. It feels pretty good to loot the old ship skeletons for anything of use. Once the old ArmA 2 containers glitch gets fixed I'll probably throw in a few boxes and crates into the mix for the larer vessels as well, just to give the impression that these wrecks still have some cargo worth looting.

You guys have a look and tell me what you think:  

• Like 2

Love the 28 Years Later mission haleks.

I've encountered a couple of issues. The Mosin and M76 Zastava are completely silent but the SVT 40 is fine. Is this audio problem a known issue with Iron Front Lite or some other mod?

Also I've encountered a strange problem with the stance of my character on the odd occassion. He will sometimes point the rifle high up in the air or lean over in a funny way. Another time I brought up the iron sight it was not centre of screen but more over to the left.

Hi everyone!

I've been away these last few days, and couldn't answer on the forums. First thing first : thanks to all for the positive feedbacks!
I've seen a few error reports in the previous pages; if you guys have any screenshots, RPT reports or error messages, do share them on the forum or send them via PM! I will try to push a small update once 1.66 hits stable, mainly to iron out those hiccups.

Well i dont know how to define the init of unit that is spawned through a script, i dont place any units with the editor. 

this is one line that i use to spawn units:
        _grp      = [_spawnPos, INDEPENDENT,["I_C_Soldier_Para_2_F","I_Soldier_LAT_F","B_sniper_F","I_G_Soldier_A_F","O_Soldier_A_F","O_HeavyGunner_F"]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

but if i use the "createUnit" command it apparently have a init.
will try that.

Try this buddy :

_grp = [_spawnPos, INDEPENDENT,["I_C_Soldier_Para_2_F","I_Soldier_LAT_F","B_sniper_F","I_G_Soldier_A_F","O_Soldier_A_F","O_HeavyGunner_F"]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
{[_x] call rvg_fnc_equip} forEach units _grp;

So I was messing around on the Takistan map from the CUP and noticed that the area north of the northernmost airfield looks like a dried up lake-bed if you add some shipwrecks. I added few more shipwrecks earlier today and it really started looking like something out of Mad Max. A bit later and it honestly looks like the Mad Max game in ArmA 3, almost. 

Seriously, thank you haleks and whoever else was involved for adding the ability to scavenge through rubbish dumps and interior containers. It feels pretty good to loot the old ship skeletons for anything of use. Once the old ArmA 2 containers glitch gets fixed I'll probably throw in a few boxes and crates into the mix for the larer vessels as well, just to give the impression that these wrecks still have some cargo worth looting.

You guys have a look and tell me what you think:  
View post on imgur.com

Man, that's brilliant - I frigging love those screens!
A couple other maps that could work well too :
Dariyah by Makhno : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25949
Kidal by Cirav (one big town surrounded by a huge desert) : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31089

Love the 28 Years Later mission haleks.

I've encountered a couple of issues. The Mosin and M76 Zastava are completely silent but the SVT 40 is fine. Is this audio problem a known issue with Iron Front Lite or some other mod?

Also I've encountered a strange problem with the stance of my character on the odd occassion. He will sometimes point the rifle high up in the air or lean over in a funny way. Another time I brought up the iron sight it was not centre of screen but more over to the left.

Loving the new update. However I have a couple issues I've since run into:
[...]

I haven't encountered those issues when I released the update (wich has been tested on RC1.66); what Arma3 version are you guys running?

• Like 4

Glad you like it! I'll definitely check out those maps haleks, they look great, thanks!

I tried the 28 Years Later scenario. Everything seemed to have a good start. However... Frost kept dying. He kept either standing around or laying down and zombies would just kill him. I know he is AI, but he didn't seem to try and avoid anything and seemed to have no sense that zombies were approaching him . I tried a few things to keep him alive. One time I commanded him to stay in a car while I tried to get basic loot going. Every time I started working on looting, a zombie would kill him. After he died three times in a row I stopped the session.

Well, glad to see that its not just me having that random moment where I can't aim down the sights...I made an entirely new scenario, well...all I added was the ACE systems to it..I wanted to see if I could make it more complicated, thus the ACE medical system came in..only issue is that you cant really find any med items, but luckily for me the first time, my dead driver had some meds on him, so after a few minor scrapes to my right side, I managed to patch them both, but my arm started to bleed again, so I placed a tourniquet on it, and ran to a med box that I placed on the map (added some boxes, about 3-4 that aren't located at bases) and patched myself, but in all, I added cars and what not, so hell has ensued...I still can't thank everyone for the help, and Haleks for making the mod..I should work on a CO-OP map..would be amazing for the revive system...but back to the point, apart from the randomly zoning out of my guys arms, I haven't found that many issues, except the zombies die too easily.

My praises go towards the new looting spots. Love the fact that I can now loot static props! makes me feel like I am actually scrounging for scraps! Amazing job Haleks! 

• Like 1

Thanks for the Reply mr northlight!

now how would we have the game set up the option of the headshots only. i can do the role play of headshots only, but i personally would like it to be a feature where we can turn it on or off. Would it be feasable to make a module or a script of sorts that would allow us to have tht? the head shots only?

Dear mr Haleks, thnk u much for this wonderful mod! please keep updating and working on it. are you able to make it come with a module or an option to allow us to have headshots only on the zombies?

Base building would be fun too! not sure if there is base building or not, as i dont get very far in the demo missions cause im a SUPER noob. im almost like the super hero of the noob world whn it comes to arma series.

kinda why i run the editor mode and give myself a gun and bullets to explore its a bit cheaty but im still learning all the buttons and such for the arma series and arma 3 lol.

if anyone else knows how to do that please share and help mr haleks accomplise that. I really enjoy playing this, i will admit this is significantly better then the "dayz mod" and the "Dayz Standalone"

i would love to attempt to make a module or script tht would allow headshots only or boost the body armour to maximum forcing us to fire at the heads of zombies for tht quick easy kill. I unfortunantly have zero skill in any sort of scripting or coding.

thanks again everyone!

SUPER noob Caluu out!!

THNKS :D

EDIT: also if anyone knows how to make maps, please make a jungle/vietnam style map that doesnt have texture issues, some of the maps i have tried, have bad texture issues and wierd shadowing bugs and black foliage stuffs, maybe link me a couple to view.

thnks again.

@donniepcgames.....don't throw in the towel so easily dude.....from my pov, Frost is supposed to be commanded all the time., if you just play the mission and leave Frost to his own devices, he will surely die quickly.....

Treat the mission like a game of chess, you must protect the King using the tools that are available. The command menu is your friend here, so before traversing your chosen path, select combat mode and order Frost to "stay crouched", he will then be less visible to the enemy.

Break down your journey into segments and then treat them like mini missions....open your map and choose a destination, (doesn't have to be too far, 500 to 1000m works for me) then set a custom waypoint by pressing "left shift+LMB", this waypoint will be visible when you return to the scene. This is how i'm making my way towards Telos, with much success....so far! 

I'm finding "28 years later" highly enjoyable,,,,tactical and suspenseful in equal measure, I haven't finished it yet so I don't know what's in store for Frost, but I've already thought this would make a really great 2 player coop experience with a bit of roleplay thrown in, playing as Frost would make for a super scary ride, relying on someone else for protection.

Nice to see you back haleks....place is not the same without you. :)   

• Like 5

I would add this to Evil Organ's excellent tips :

- Being familiar with AI commanding is a big plus, as it allows a lot of configurations : you can order him to stay back, pick-up items, change his behaviour to have him make use of cover etc... Changing formation can also be usefull depending on situations.

- I personnaly tend to avoid populated areas unless I need some loot fast (aka ambush some bandits) : with the loot search option, small places such as the Dump can be rewarding and keep you going for a while. If you aren't too sure about the number of zombies, ordering Frost to stay hidden (not too) far away from the place you're going to loot can be a good idea.

- Provided that you find the ammo for it, you can also give Frost a weapon - although he is a shit shooter...

• Like 6

Heroes asked a few post back about utilizing Frost's backpack to store loot....is his backpack "off limits" by design? 

• Like 1

@donniepcgames.....don't throw in the towel so easily dude.....from my pov, Frost is supposed to be commanded all the time., if you just play the mission and leave Frost to his own devices, he will surely die quickly.....

Treat the mission like a game of chess, you must protect the King using the tools that are available. The command menu is your friend here, so before traversing your chosen path, select combat mode and order Frost to "stay crouched", he will then be less visible to the enemy.

Break down your journey into segments and then treat them like mini missions....open your map and choose a destination, (doesn't have to be too far, 500 to 1000m works for me) then set a custom waypoint by pressing "left shift+LMB", this waypoint will be visible when you return to the scene. This is how i'm making my way towards Telos, with much success....so far! 

I'm finding "28 years later" highly enjoyable,,,,tactical and suspenseful in equal measure, I haven't finished it yet so I don't know what's in store for Frost, but I've already thought this would make a really great 2 player coop experience with a bit of roleplay thrown in, playing as Frost would make for a super scary ride, relying on someone else for protection.

Nice to see you back haleks....place is not the same without you. :)   

I didn't mean to be critical of the mission at all. Just not really my cup of tea. It's not my thing to command AI's... never has been in Arma. Just feels too robotic to me. I also do not like not knowing when he's getting attacked until it's too late. On a couple of occasions I left him further behind in the middle of a field with nothing around as I approached a small village to find some basic starting gear. I'm more into MP scenarios I can play with friends or solo SP missions. I could have played through the mission and moved significantly slower, but for me... it's about fun and entertainment and finding the balance between immersion and gaming.

I love the new looting system for Ravage, though. This mod continues to get better and better. I would definitely play 28 Years Later again if I could do it with a friend playing as Frost!

• Like 5