I thought you were talking about dropping gear like backpack and expecting AI to show up on it from 100-200m to loot it.

Yes thats exactly what i was saying,but the part i think you didnt get was that you could attatch a smoke grenade or flare to it,and THAT would essentially attract the bandits,once they see the gear(within a few meters) they are given a command to equip,or go into combat mode,search and destroy waypoint in order to simulate their awarness of it being a trap.

Its just an idea to add more item usage,interaction and more mechanics for ravage,and to create another level of interaction with the AI adding to the very well put together trader system :)

Here goes:  I could need some help / or / and some advice on ze topics below.

I would like to set up ravage on a remote dedicated rented server. I have run exile back in the days (I am no heavy user, as I followed tutorials and such).

What I would like from the server:

- Persistant gear and login / logout for players.

- Persistant vehicles. (those not destroyed should respawn randomly after restart of server, or a set amount of time)

- Zeus availability (for me and maybe a helping zeus) for those special events.

On the long run:

- The ability to place and own X amount of items (barricades, crates, razor wire)

- The abillity to barricade a building (making it indestructible by satchels) with boading boards a lock and such.

I have a pretty good idea of what I want for content and storyline (I think a server should have a strong story).

If anyone could point me in the right direction, or even would like to lend some expertice over ze interwebs from time to time, it would be greatly appreciated. (talk to me like you would to a 8 year old - I can be pretty daft).

- Regards Komfritten =)

If that ever happens, that would be totally ace! I'd actually start picking up mines and satchels during my travels. However, if they're lured with a 100% chance it would get old really quick, not to mention the free gear it comes with. Combining the trap with a random chance that the AI actually circles around the thing before going to it might be more fun on the long run. They could even ignore or run away from it with a lower chance.

In all my play throughs of Ravage, can't say ive come across satchels or mines yet. Plenty of tyres though  :blink:

In all my play throughs of Ravage, can't say ive come across satchels or mines yet. Plenty of tyres though  :blink:

you should see my ravage mission........Bits of zombie EVERYWHERE :pet13:

• Like 1

@haleks.....of all the secret projects you have, I'm happy there are still some that are secret. ;)

Tease more please.

• Like 6

Hey Haleks -

I was wondering if you were able to see my earlier post regarding the "Error Box" issue I had? I actually forgot to mention that it only happens half the time; there's a chance that the error box wont appear if I restart the server (I play on a Private LAN server). Just thought that was worth mentioning. Also, i unfortunately have a new problem. I think theres an issue with Ravage's MP save system; me and my friend keep getting teleported in the ocean every time we respawn. I saw this text being displayed as it was occuring, "A new MP save has been created for Ravage". I went ahead and turned off "MP persistency" and it stopped. I wasnt sure if you were aware of this issue or not. I did see that you had a few things listed about the MP saving system in the 1.40 changelog you posted so hopefully that'll solve the problem. Anyways keep up the great work man ;)

Tires can act like mines, that is if the zombies trip over them, which will buy you some more time to run! :D

Good day all

I just wanted to bring to your attention a mod that might go well with ravage,found on armaholic  http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31062

It allows you to carry(on back) an extra primary,or secondary weapon.(I think dayz standalone has this similar feature)

Not tested yet with ravage holster feature but you guys should take a look if interested,might make ya feel more like a scavanger

I just wanted to bring to your attention a mod that might go well with ravage,found on armaholic  http://www.armaholic...ge.php?id=31062

I got permission from Vlad over the summer to add that feature to my IFA3WarMod, I love it, its up my alley along with the Sniper Elite style gameplay.

I plan to have the same mod in my RavWarMod when I get to it, probably start of December after I rebuild IFA3WarMod.

• Like 4

One thing I hope gets fixed is how ACE, RHS, and KA_Weapons Pack grenades stop working with RAVAGE.

Must be KA_Weapons fault, cus I have the 4 mods on (ravage+rhs+ace+ka, and rhs grenades do not work, but ACE´s works as a charm - so I use ACE flashbang and AN/M-14 incendiary everytime....)

KA should be the culpit, cus if you don´t config the grenades right, they will kinda "block" most of the modded along, so you can only use vanilla and the properly config´d (ACE)... since the early alpha has been plaged by this issue, first with acessories, then explosives, now grenades... seens they have hardcoded a number of "vanilla grenade types slots", that BIS doesn´t use all, but when a mod isn´t configured properly they occupy those empty slot, till it gets full and block all the extras... =P

Anyways, I doubt it is ravage fault... it doesn´t have throwables to cause this conflict...thou Arma3 is arma3 lol

One thing I hope gets fixed is how ACE, RHS, and KA_Weapons Pack grenades stop working with RAVAGE.

I agree with corporal_lib

KA weapons i attempted to download last night because i saw it included an SKS,but the only place can DL is from steam(which i never do) and it asked for CBA mod dependency....which i obviously have,but it said i didnt and i couldnt even boot up the mod because of.

@Corporal_lib,are you using ACE and Ravage for single player? If so,without any issues?

Anyways, I doubt it is ravage fault... it doesn´t have throwables to cause this conflict...thou Arma3 is arma3 lol

Ravage has had throwable flares since v136.  :)

I can confirm using the RC branch and the latest version of Ravage, grenades from CUP and Iron Front lite work just fine...however, RHS grenades don't.

Weekends almost over, winters comming... I've pressed refresh on this page like 100 times today =) 

Haleks, You almost promised :P

Excellence can't be rushed,im sure Haleks is giving it a little test before releasing(probably having too much fun doing it also ;) )

• Like 1

Excellence can't be rushed,im sure Haleks is giving it a little test before releasing(probably having too much fun doing it also ;) )

I know, I know - I just have no patience - but good upbringing though ;)

Hi guys, time for an update!

Here comes Ravage v0.1.40, a lot of work, fixes and some new additions too : a few options have been added to several modules, new gasmask visual FX and audio handling (no more clashes with the vanilla breathing sounds), and countless tweaks... The damage system for zombies has also been completely overhauled and is now natively compatible with any total or advanced modifications such as ACE; from a player's perspective you will experience a few differences : feedback when hit has been improved and the system now works with ACE_hitReactions (don't be surprised if a zombie makes you fall...).
Oh, and a new demo mission has been added : 28 Years Later. Consider it WIP; it is pretty much my first try at more scripted scenarios (as opposed to the 100% sandbox-free roam approach of the other missions), with actual objectives to complete. Nothing fancy or complicated, a simple set-up in an even more desperate world. It requires RHS, Iron Front LITE and Frith's Ruin. NIArms, VSM accessories, CUP units and WarfareThai are also supported. I'll let you guys discover what it's about. ;)

Here's the complete changelog :

WARNING : SP and MP saves from previous versions aren't compatible!
Tweaked :
Zeus can now place (and control) individual zombies.
Improved support for Marksmen DLC.
Zombies now react to flashlights.
Players have to remove their gasmask or special helmet to take antirads.
Traders are no longer limited to their inventory space, allowing them to buy more items.
Restored enemy callouts (use Discipline mod if you want to disable them completely).
Tweaked enemy callouts so they don't spam radio comms.
Improved distance to target detection before triggering zombie attack animations - now relative to target size.
Restored OpenBag action.
OpenBag action doesn't pop up in the middle of the screen anymore.
Stealing (or ordering to steal) from a backpack wich belongs to a trader decreases your rating.
Improved Gasmask SFX handling (vanilla breathing sounds are completely disabled while a gasmask is equipped).
Improved zed Blacklist behaviour.
Removed Ravage Ambiant Weather from the Tanoa demo (the vanilla simulation works best for that island).
Loot system : added a few static objects for Phronk's melee weapons script.
Animals killed by zombies don't yield meat anymore.
Optimisations of scripted AI behaviour related to nearby zombies awarness.
Tweaked damage handling for most survival actions.
Damage-related data for MP saves is now more accurate.
Bandit groups have higher chances to search buildings for loot.
Reduced a few random timers before spawning AI groups.
Various minor tweaks.

Fixed :
Multiple issues when selling weapons and magazines to traders.
Fixed several typos in the modules tooltips.
The minimum safe spawn distance wasn't correctly applied for the Ambient Zombies module.
Fixed an error preventing Hordes from spawning.
Fixed props and static objects spawning in mid-air (WIP : disable them if you notice framerate drops).
Fixed locality issues with the Blacklist modules.
Several fixes to the loot spawn and equipment pool modules.
Health in the Status Displays is now more accurate.
Players would become invisible to zombies when opening their inventory.
Zombies unable to hit players with their inventory opened.
Zombies would attack vehicles with dead crew.
Fixes regarding data loading for MP saves.
Error with groupLootSearch function.
Zombies could damage units with "allowDamage false".

New :
Added a new demo mission "28 years later" - requires RHS, Iron Front LITE and Frith's Ruin addons.
Added new Radiation Zone Placement module.
Added a new parameter to the gear pool module defining chances for survivors to wear military grade uniforms.
Added a new Safe Zone module to exclude hostile AI and/or radiations around its position.
New handling of damage dealt by zombies (natively compatible with ACE,AGM,CSE,VTN and other similar modifications).
Mission makers can now specify different uniforms arrays for each Horde.
Added gasmask visual effects (survival module has to be present for it to kick-in).
Added a new Loot Search option to the Loot Module (original script by Larrow, SFX by Evil Organ). Showcased in the Altis demo.
New renegade faces by Cosmic10R && Bad Benson.
Updated supported items from Iron Front LITE.
Added support for Avon's FM12 gasmasks.
Added support for SKN gasmasks and uniforms.
The "BIS_enableRandomization" variable can be used to disable random gear on zombies.
Separated settings for Hunger and Thirst rates.

Note that the briefing screen has been added back to some of the demo missions. Don't manage your loadout from there : it will crash your game and there is no alternative loadout to choose anyway.

Download Links : Ravage v0.1.40

drive_logo.png

Enjoy!

• Like 17

I agree with corporal_lib

KA weapons i attempted to download last night because i saw it included an SKS,but the only place can DL is from steam(which i never do) and it asked for CBA mod dependency....which i obviously have,but it said i didnt and i couldnt even boot up the mod because of.

@Corporal_lib,are you using ACE and Ravage for single player? If so,without any issues?

Well, the ravage health and ACE damage doesn´t sync (I don´t have ACE bleeding effects on zombie attacks) and I have to use an addon which disable´s ACE stamina/fatigue, but so far nothing really showstoper =) 

Vehicle fixing works fine, hunger/thristy works fine, mask/googles effects works, etc...

1.40 was released while I was posting... so I guess no more ACE issues, yay! =)

And a new SP showcase mission, scripted... groooovy!

cheers

I got "The Road" feels already.....close call....

8StXjrk.jpg

.....just need to find a shopping cart.....

• Like 5

Bug: Ravage 0.1.40 is incompatible with writing a media analysis of the Mars company for the mid-November period.

This probably only affects me though. I'm not going to get much work done...

• Like 6

Is there any compabability issues with ACE3 and RHS thingies?

I reckon ACE is provided with compatibility files (or is it RHS wich have those? Can't remember...).

• Like 1