Update - Ravage Fans Utube Channel

Added new videos:

Added new Ravage member to Channels playing Ravage Mod (top right of channel)

Many other videos have been added in the past couple of weeks that are not listed above, if any of the Ravage fans are subscribers

to the channel you'll know which ones.

Overall we have 51 Subscribers now to the channel!

Thanks for supporting the Ravage Mod Channel, and Haleks in his mod!

They dont call me the Uber Compiler for nothing ;)

Now if we can get our hands on Prospekt Mir's Missions that would add a ton of new missions for Ravage to play!

• Like 5

Thanks! Ya man, add the vids i added to the channel from past 2 weeks and the list probably would have doubled, doing my part to support Haleks and his work,

instead of money which I had some trouble trying to donate to him in the past, I compiled and created a Utube fans channel for him instead.

community needs to know about this great mod, imo what makes it great for me and im sure many other fans can agree is the fact that the mod is a sandbox,

what I love about this game/mod your not limited to just Sp & Mp and some mode if the game has it, like in the old days.

• Like 3

Gunter i totally agree

ya know i think Haleks hit the nail on the head with making this mod.

most mods that change things to this level i always have a gripe with one or two things,especially if its not modular,ravage essentially is modular but even playing it at face value(sp altis mission) its just as i personally would have made it if i had the skills,the mechanics etc are second to none.

I bought dayz standalone,but after relocating to China,the servers here are fairly bad,and the language barrier is well you can guess lol. 

So i searched for some form of dayz SP for myself...enter ravage,and now with open chernarus project,and eden editor,sky is the limit.

Mod of the year for me this.

• Like 5

Hello

I'm looking for help about Radioactive area.

When I enable in survival modul the radioactive system, it will spawn a lot of radioactive area in the Map.

So I'm planning to add the radiation in an area I want.

So I desable in the survival modul the radioactive system and put a Trigger with this line  0 = [thisTrigger] spawn RVG_fnc_playerRadiation

But it seems that it don't work.

I don't know how to do it right,

Thank you

Here's a suggestion. I have no idea how difficult it may be to implement.

There are two issues that come up fairly regularly. Some players would like more weapons. Some players would like more items to spawn (usually because they have difficulty finding certain items).

Loot spawning is random, based on tables. There's a certain probability of an item showing up as loot. The more items there are on the loot lists, the less chance there is of any particular item spawning. Stuff the loot tables with AK's and there's less chance of finding an M16. Yeah?

Sometimes people will play for hours and never encounter, say... a wheel, or some other item they want. It's in the nature of random chance that an object may never show up, or there may be a profusion of them. I don't have a problem with this. Just because wheels exist in the game doesn't mean I'm guaranteed to find one. I like to think that perhaps some imaginary player got there first and is hoarding all the wheels somewhere.

But perhaps you could create minimum amounts of items. Keep the chances of a wheel spawning just the same, but make sure at least ten will spawn on the map somewhere. So that's my idea: minimum amounts. That way, people adding a favourite weapon can set a minimum amount and be assured that it's going to turn up if they keep looking for long enough. And no one would be stuck without a jerry can or a wheel either. They can be sure that there will be some somewhere. And minimum amounts would be a choice for the mission maker - they would haven't to use them at all if they didn't want to.

I have little idea of how practical this is to implement. Due to random chance and the way that loot spawns are triggered, it might be difficult or it might require extra calculation time at startup that just turns out to be a game breaker. It's just a thought.

• Like 2

Hey guys....here is a very unprofessional video showing how to add custom uniforms to Ravage zeds.

just don't expect high production values, it was done in one take while I was a wee bit drunk......   :803:

• Like 4

I wanted to share a great script i was testing today,i thought this script went very well with ravage... http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31843

Injured AI simple script,makes it so that AI who take a non lethal hit,go down and flail around in pain(sounds included)

I was curious to see this with ravage zeds,in doing so i saw some pretty good results,as zeds would sometimes fall from a shot,not die,and still flail at me while on the ground if i wandered to within a meter,it adds "a little" more challenge to zeds i feel,and also,something just feels good about taking out a pistol and finishing them.

On that note i want to ask Haleks,since these wounded zeds/AI wont ever die(without a follow up shot,from what iv tested so far) can i assume they will be despawned when player is out of range? Ambient zeds,not horde.

This isnt flawless on zombies,as the anim sometimes make them get to their feet and holster an invisible weapon,but i believe it adds some immersion to their actual nature as "zombies"

On a seperate note Haleks,is this still the correct classnames for items?

"money", //used as combustible
"notepad", //idem
"doc_folder", //idem
"SleepingBag_Blue",
"Folded_Tent",
"Beans",
"Bacon",
"Milk",
"Rice",
"PlasticBottle",
"Spirit",
"Franta",
"CanisterFuel",
"CanisterFuel_Empty",
"geiger",
"AntiRad",
"Matches"

@redarmy, I think this list covers most of them.  :)

"rvg_plasticBottleEmpty",
"rvg_canteenEmpty",
"rvg_canOpener",
"rvg_plasticBottle",
"rvg_plasticBottlePurified",
"rvg_spirit",
"rvg_franta",
"rvg_beans",
"rvg_bacon",
"rvg_milk",
"rvg_rice",
"rvg_rustyCan",
"rvg_hose",
"rvg_guttingKnife",
"rvg_tire",
"rvg_purificationTablets",
"rvg_flare",
"rvg_rustyCanEmpty",
"rvg_beansEmpty",
"rvg_baconEmpty",
"rvg_spiritEmpty",
"rvg_frantaEmpty"
"rvg_matches",
"rvg_canisterFuel_Empty",
"rvg_Geiger",
"rvg_docFolder",
"rvg_toolkit",
"rvg_antiRad",
"rvg_sleepingBag_Blue",
"rvg_foldedTent",
"rvg_money",
"rvg_notepad",

• Like 1

@kodabar : The biggest problem I need to solve first, is that we basically have two different lists and two different ways of spawning stuff (the loot spawn system, and the random loot on AI).

Ultimately, I want to give players more control on what can spawn, probabilities etc; but I need to unify those systems/lists : in their current state those are a pain to edit, not to mention that you have to edit everything twice.

It's something I wanted to do for v1.40, but well, I got caught up with other features, haha! ^^

It'll probably be the focus of the next update after that...

@redarmy : Dead or alive, all ambient zombies are cleaned-up, so you won't have any problems on that side.

That being said, I noticed that Persian MO is using a "while {true}" loop on the injured AIs : it could potentially spawn useless threads over time, might be best to replace it by a "while {alive _unit}" loop.

And check EO's post for the classnames. ;)

• Like 1

But perhaps you could create minimum amounts of items. Keep the chances of a wheel spawning just the same, but make sure at least ten will spawn on the map somewhere.

Did not check the code, Haleks could also make more use of "random [minimum, median, max]" which has a weighted (gaussian) distribution, i.e. "median" is more likely.

Not to preassure or anything (oh yes it is); is there any eta on next update?

I'm planning to use the mod in my next zeus - series, as a basemod, which starts in 14 days ;)

HI love this mod so much, i made a mission and started playing when i got this error message in game, '...nc_groupLootSearch])]" , [5,10,15]] call {CBA_fnc_taskPatrol;

{

if (_x != player & ...'

File ravage\code\scripts\mission\spawn_banditSquad.sqf , line 57

Error Undefined variable in expression: cba_fnc_taskpatrol

i am no programmer but it looks like cba_fnc_taskpatrol should be CBA_fnc_taskPatrol? is their anyway to fix this myself? if that's even the problem, because no bandits seem to be spawning at moment.

No, function calls are case insensitive, i.e. this won't be the problem. I sometimes see spawn_survivor errors; will report if I see them. Same problem, they won't spawn then.

I have the latest CBA from SiX

• Like 1

thank you thank you @tortuosit, i downloaded play with six yesterday, got ravage mod, but didnt get CBA on play with six, had it installed in steam so i moved it to play with six, and launch it from their with ravage,seems to be working  

Next week-end, maybe!

I hope you understood the love in my message =)

When you appreciate and anticipate something - it's hard to wait - you do good!

• Like 1

I ran into a minor issue while working on a custom Ravage mission last night. I created a six man mission and made custom loadouts for all six men. When I went to test the mission, two of the six men did not have the helmets and goggles I had saved for them. When I went back to the editor, they were there. I tried changing the items to something else, and it did the same thing. I used both vanilla options and mods. My question about this... can you make custom loadouts that will always be there when people start your mission?

A similar but separate issue, I noticed that regardless of who I choose... my own custom face for my Arma character always overrides what I set in the editor. For example... I use the Coburn face for my character, so that always overrides. Is there a way to turn this off, so that people who select a specific slot, look a specific way in game?

I ran into a minor issue while working on a custom Ravage mission last night. I created a six man mission and made custom loadouts for all six men. When I went to test the mission, two of the six men did not have the helmets and goggles I had saved for them. When I went back to the editor, they were there. I tried changing the items to something else, and it did the same thing. I used both vanilla options and mods. My question about this... can you make custom loadouts that will always be there when people start your mission?

A similar but separate issue, I noticed that regardless of who I choose... my own custom face for my Arma character always overrides what I set in the editor. For example... I use the Coburn face for my character, so that always overrides. Is there a way to turn this off, so that people who select a specific slot, look a specific way in game?

I'm not sure what's causing the first issue - I assume you have the MP save system enabled? If you do, could you tell me if it happens still without it?

As for the custom face problem, that's how Arma3 behaves : the player's identity is always loaded regardless of what you may set up with the editor options. This may explain why goggles aren't equipped at mission start, as they are part of the identity settings, along with the voice.

The only way to work around that, is to use setFace and addGoggles in each unit init field.

One thing to know for SP mission makers, by the way : some attributes such as setFace aren't correctly saved in Arma (last time I checked), best practice is to use custom identity configs.

• Like 2

I'm not sure what's causing the first issue - I assume you have the MP save system enabled? If you do, could you tell me if it happens still without it?

As for the custom face problem, that's how Arma3 behaves : the player's identity is always loaded regardless of what you may set up with the editor options. This may explain why goggles aren't equipped at mission start, as they are part of the identity settings, along with the voice.

The only way to work around that, is to use setFace and addGoggles in each unit init field.

One thing to know for SP mission makers, by the way : some attributes such as setFace aren't correctly saved in Arma (last time I checked), best practice is to use custom identity configs.

I actually do not have MP save enabled at all. The way I'm planning to set the mission up, is for a team of six to fight to the death. I want to set it up so that if 2 people are playing, if you die, you can switch to another side member. You play until no one is left on the team or you finish the objective. Would MP save help?

What is messing with me... four of the six guys seem to be just fine. It's just two specific loadouts. I could delete them and try to start them over. I specifically started the mission with one of the characters that are working and when I looked at the two in game, they did not have the items.

I remember some people had similar issues with specific mods (usually outdated ones); this is an engine issue, so the MP save system probably won't help.

The only idea that comes to mind is to try this on those units (some units use random gear, your problem might come from that) :

this setVariable ["BIS_enableRandomization", false];

If that doesn't work then it's probably a mod or engine issue indeed, you'll have to try with different loadouts...

• Like 1