I will be streaming "Ravage in Australia" live with a few friends tonight, starting in about 15 minutes or so. We will be playing for several hours and running several mods. This is my first time playing Ravage on Australia, which is a map I really love. If anyone would like to watch... join the stream live at...

http://www.twitch.tv/donniepcgames

Donnie, are you using the additional building list Cosmic made up a few posts back for Australia?

Loot won't spawn in the custom AUS buildings without it.

Little teaser of a cool addition to v140..... 

:)

• Like 7

Donnie, are you using the additional building list Cosmic made up a few posts back for Australia?

Loot won't spawn in the custom AUS buildings without it.

Did u get it working ?

• Like 1

Little teaser of a cool addition to v140..... 

:)

Nice streaming yesterday, too bad I have kids to get up in the morning ;)

Looking forward to the extra loot spawns!

@Nicolai....yes i enjoyed watching donniepcgames stream too, Australia certainly looks like a cool map for some Ravage fun. I haven't tried this map myself (yet) but a few things i observed watching the stream....

The skybox is broken and could use a patch, loot spawns were plentiful, not sure if donnie was using the buildings list cosmic posted earlier, seemed to me some custom buildings are unenterable atm, but for the most part Australia looks awesome, gonna check it out soon. 

• Like 1

@FederalRazer89 : the code behind this module will change a bit in the next update.

What is your minimal spawn distance for the ambiant zeds? That value is used to determine if there is a human nearby (AI or player), in wich case spawns should be cancelled.

i got it at 70m but do it really prevent zombie spawning around ai?

Had some ai with i hade spawn in and placed in a military building, and every time i got inside the spawn range zombies emerged for that building. I have tested it on mulitible occasions so i know that it happens for me.

My version is 0.1.391 so that may cause some of the problem, but i am wating for the version with open backpack function. After tweaking some stuff with the mission i played about 8 hour nonstop, and didnt want to stop.

i got it at 70m but do it really prevent zombie spawning around ai?

Had some ai with i hade spawn in and placed in a military building, and every time i got inside the spawn range zombies emerged for that building. I have tested it on mulitible occasions so i know that it happens for me.

My version is 0.1.391 so that may cause some of the problem, but i am wating for the version with open backpack function. After tweaking some stuff with the mission i played about 8 hour nonstop, and didnt want to stop.

Sounds like an issue I'm gonna need to fix.

Were those ambiant zombies or was it a Horde module?

Why you just don't createTrigger every time and after you "set a base through a custom script" of yours, by setting TriggerArea, TriggerActivation and TriggerStatements by something like this "(vehicle player) in thisList", "0 = [thistrigger] call rvg_fnc_zedBlacklist" ?

Edit: (maybe something like this)

_trigger = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector", getPos 'officer'];
_trigger setTriggerArea [251, 251, 0, false];
_trigger setTriggerActivation ["WEST", "PRESENT", false];
_trigger setTriggerStatements ["(officer) in thisList", "0 = [thistrigger] call rvg_fnc_zedBlacklist"];

I am kind of new to scripting so i didnt think of creating the script like that.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Sounds like an issue I'm gonna need to fix.

Were those ambiant zombies or was it a Horde module?

the ambiant zombies, dont have any hordes, because i want the mission to work on any map. I kind of have a mission based on the DUWS scenario and tailored it with in mind Ravage, so i can chose were to spawn and so on.

The building that the AI used is the "Land_Cargo_HQ_V1_F"

• Like 1

Hello y'all!!!

This posts may help you with the additional weapons:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/183264-ravage-mod/page-66#entry2947514

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/183264-ravage-mod/page-70#entry2948993

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/183264-ravage-mod/page-73#entry2950214

And on that note, Haleks, how do you go about adding extra stuff like uniforms, vests, headgear and backpacks with the same method? I tried a few things but didn't get it to work. And about attachments for the weapons? Because with the method explained in the posts above if I added suppressors, for example, the A.I. would end with them in their inventory (sometimes more than one) instead of the weapon itself.

Thanks

Thanks very much for this link its very helpful

the script is some pages ago but ....

just create your mission, add this AT THE END of the init.sqf of your mission:

waitUntil {!isNil "rvg_gearlist"};
	{
	0 = rvg_mainWeapons pushBack _x;
	} 
forEach ["FLAY_CompoundBow",
"FLAY_RecurveBow",
"other_gun_classname_of_your_choice",
"other_gun_classname_of_your_choice"];

this example with the clasnames for Flay's bows, you can add as many class names of weapons as you want.

Flay bows magazines are... one reusable arrow only....

so you'll need more arrows. you can add them in the general "loot"  for AIs (what you'll find in backpacks, vests, uniforms of Bandits you'll have to kill)

then add this to the previous script

{
	0 = rvg_Items pushBack _x;
	} 
forEach ["FLAY_acc_Quiver",
"FLAY_acc_Quiver_7B",
"FLAY_acc_Quiver_7HE"];

and you'll find all the quivers for your bow then

the first one is "precision" arrows

the second one is broadhead arrows

the third one is "Rambo style" with explosives heads.

rvg_mainweapons  means standard weapons

rvg_weapons for military grade weapons
rvg_lmg  for machine guns

rvg_items are standard items you'll find on Bandits bodies

rvg_uniqueItems are items rarest to find (like tools boxes, geiger counter etc...) 

rvg_uniformes_lv1 for standard uniform, lv2 for military uniforms, lv3 for radiation protective suits

rvg_weaponsItems for all weapons lights, sights, silencers and any attached weapon accessories

this script will only modify the GEARLIST and allow you to find added stuff on bandits, renagades and survivors, not into loot containers.

this is the script added in the ROADS init for example:

waitUntil {!isNil "rvg_gearlist"};
	{
	0 = rvg_mainWeapons pushBack _x;
	} 
forEach ["FLAY_CompoundBow",
"prpl_benelli_pgs_rail",
"prpl_benelli_14_pgs_rail",
"arifle_mas_aks_74_sf",
"hgun_mas_glock_F",
"hgun_mas_grach_F",
"hlc_smg_mp5k_PDW",
"hlc_smg_mp5k",
"hlc_rifle_M4",
"RH_python",
"RH_cz75",
"RH_fn57",
"RH_g17",
"RH_g19t",
"RH_tec9",
"RH_bull",
"RH_bullb",
"RH_muzi",
"RH_kimber",
"Pstl11x23_SAARevolver",
"Pstl9x19_CZSP01",
"Auto792x33_MP44",
"Smg9x19_MP5A5",
"ffaa_armas_sdass",
"ffaa_armas_sdassc",
"ffaa_armas_ump",
"ffaa_armas_hkmp5pdw"];
	{
	0 = rvg_Weapons pushBack _x;
	} 
forEach ["Ej_akmtac",
"ej_aa12t",
"ej_m460",
"ej_m4a1mkey",
"ej_hk41610mk",
"ej_scar",
"ej_scarstandardmk",
"prpl_benelli_14_rail",
"prpl_benelli_rail",
"prpl_benelli_14_pgs_rail",
"arifle_mas_saiga",
"arifle_mas_aks_74_sf",
"arifle_mas_aks_74_sf_gl",
"ej_hk4161060",
"hlc_rifle_M4",
"hlc_rifle_aku12",
"RH_g18",
"RH_usp",
"RH_fnp45t",
"Auto545x39_AK105",
"Auto556x45_CQM4",
"AG_MP9",
"AG_MP9_sand"];
	{
	0 = rvg_Items pushBack _x;
	} 
forEach ["FLAY_acc_Quiver",
"rvg_rustyCanEmpty",
"rvg_rustyCanEmpty",
"rvg_rustyCanEmpty",
"rvg_beansEmpty",
"rvg_baconEmpty",
"rvg_spiritEmpty",
"rvg_frantaEmpty",
"rvg_rustyCanEmpty",
"rvg_beansEmpty",
"rvg_baconEmpty",
"rvg_spiritEmpty",
"rvg_frantaEmpty"];
	{
	0 = rvg_uniqueItems pushBack _x;
	} 
forEach ["ej_PVS14",
"SureFire_ej",
"ibexsmg_ej",
"A3_GPNVG18b_F",
"NVGoggles_mas_18",
"ffaa_nvgoggles",
"FLAY_acc_Quiver_7B",
"FLAY_acc_Quiver_7HE",
"RH_SFM952V_tan"];
	{
	0 = rvg_uniforms_lv1 pushBack _x;
	} 
forEach ["U_RavenPMC",
"TRYK_U_B_BLK_OD",
"TRYK_U_B_NATO_OCP_BLK_CombatUniform",
"TRYK_U_pad_hood_CSATBlk",
"U_mas_usd_B_founiform1_o",
"U_mas_usd_B_founiform2_o",
"U_mas_usd_B_founiform4_o"];
	{
	0 = rvg_uniforms_lv3 pushBack _x;
	} 
forEach ["TRYK_U_B_PCUHsW3",
"TRYK_U_B_PCUGHs",
"TRYK_U_B_PCUGHs",
"TRYK_U_B_PCUODHs",
"TRYK_U_B_PCUHsW5",
"TRYK_U_B_PCUHs",
"U_mas_usd_B_founiform10_o",
"U_mas_usd_B_founiform9_o",
"U_mas_usd_B_founiform11_o",
"U_mas_rus_O_Gorka_uniform_f",
"U_mas_rus_O_nbc",  
"U_mas_mar_B_wint",
"U_mas_mar_B_nbc",
"U_mas_it_B_pcu",
"U_mas_uk_B_CRW",
"U_mas_uk_B_NBC",
"U_mas_uk_B_pcu"];
	{
	0 = rvg_WeaponItems pushBack _x;
	} 
forEach ["muzzle_snds_L",
"acc_mas_flash_gun",
"muzzle_mas_snds_AK",
"SRS_ej",
"SureFire_ej",
"SFLMGMini_ej",
"HLC_Optic_1p29",
"muzzle_snds_AK545",
"RH_M6X",
"RH_X2",
"RH_X300",
"RH_anpvs10",
"RH_SFM952V",
"RH_SFM952V_tan",
"RH_eotexps3",
"RH_eotexps3_tan",
"ibexsmg_ej"];

Hi Haleks

if i use an init like this(with my own custom weapons/equipment) will the AI spawn with this uniforms/weapons etc? and disregard vanilla weapons and content? Im aiming for that

• Like 2

the ambiant zombies, dont have any hordes, because i want the mission to work on any map. I kind of a mission based on the DUWS scenario and tailored it with in mind Ravage, so i can chose were to spawn and so on.

The building that the AI used is the "Land_Cargo_HQ_V1_F"

Thanks, I'll check it out.

@redarmy : Some of the variables in that script are outdated, use these :

AI gear arrays :

rvg_uniforms_lv1
rvg_uniforms_lv0
rvg_vests
rvg_headGears
rvg_goggles
rvg_backpacks
rvg_gasmasks
rvg_items
rvg_uniqueItems

vanilla weapons (disabled when using modded weapons) : rvg_weaponsA3, rvg_LMGA3
modded weapons : rvg_weapons, rvg_LMG

rvg_WeaponItems//scopes, silencers
rvg_WeaponLights//flashlights and such

If you want to completely exclude vanilla items, you'll need to replace those arrays rather than pushing new items:

rvg_uniforms_lv1 = [/*your array*/];
  • Like 2

Thanks Haleks,how do i make it so i can add custom weapons and ammo to the loot found throughout the world?

Also,how does loot respawn?If i visit a certain town one day,and then return a few days later after getting out of spawn range,will the loot piles respawn in totally random places or will it be the same places as i initially found it to spawn on the first encounter?(sorry if this seems an obvious question,just curious)

• Like 2

Good to see you back red!

Glad to be back Cosmic,hope your keeping well!

Haleks - 

Hey man. I just wanted to say that I'm really liking what you're doing with the mod, it's turning out to be quite the survival mod ;)  I do have a few suggestions though, and also a problem that I've been having lately. Basically I really like the new options in the "Ambient AI" module but I think having all the car patrols armed is kind of unrealistic lol, maybe have it so like only 25% are armed, to help even the playing field a bit. Better yet, you could even add an option to the module that allows you to pick what percentage you want armed. Also I came across a squad of Independents earlier while I was playing, I was unable to interact with them but I followed them around a bit, eventually just shot and killed all of them for their loot lmao. I think you should see if you could make it possible to like talk to them, so you could ask where they're headed and all that. Anyways now to my problem, I have this black error box in the upper left corner of my screen that reads something like this: "Variable event handler, Error 20 elements provided, 2 expected. File Ravage\code\rvgloot\pre_init.sqf, Line 28". It only happens if another person is playing on my server with me, and I play on custom Private LAN servers (with mods). Do you know a fix for this? It's not the end of the world if there isn't, but would be nice if I could get rid of it somehow. Thanks!

haleks, you should add blood sucker 3model to this, here is where you can download it :D : http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/bloodsucker-37368.html

Nice idea, yeah probably some of the zombies would get mutated due to the radiation, these monsters would fit better in that case but sadly they are unreachable.

• Like 1

@haleks did you get my message requesting support for the AVON FM12 Respirator Pack ?

These gasmasks looks insanely good, it would be really shame if they wouldn't "work" with Ravage as they totally fit in.

Thanks.

If i can make a suggestion :

There is a wiki for Ravage mod, and it could be really great if people who know how to modify loot equipment list, dynamic weather system or other stuff in a missio, without modifying ravage, could make little tutorials on the wiki, as there are a lot of useful informations on this topic but it has 189 pages for now and it is sometimes hard to find what you want in these pages...

• Like 4

There is a wiki for Ravage mod, and it could be really great if people who know how to modify loot equipment list, dynamic weather system or other stuff in a missio, without modifying ravage, could make little tutorials on the wiki, as there are a lot of useful informations on this topic but it has 189 pages for now and it is sometimes hard to find what you want in these pages...

I would absolutely love to add these to the wiki, but I lack the experience to be able to write such articles. I would be very grateful if anyone else could help out with this. Even if you can just start an article or write some notes, that would be great.

• Like 1

Furthermore or even better: Videos of even the simplest stuff would be awsome, im thinking of making some myself if and when I get help and find out something...

Good afternoon gents,

does anyone know if i turn radioactive zones OFF,can the rain and water sources still be used as radio active?

Im trying to create a mission on cherno,and for some reason the debug is telling me that the majority of towns have a large radio active area so i think i wana disable it,infact Haleks,is it possible for us to create our own radio active zones?

Also haleks,for some reason chemlights i attach to myself at night on chernaraus will not emit light