would something like this help with the persistent vehicle loot and tents etc : https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186782-sru-persistent-database-and-resupply/

or just this : https://github.com/AsYetUntitled/extDB2

Hey haleks , wondering if you had a chance to see this? do you think it is possible to use this to make persistent tents, vehicles etc? If not can you suggest a mod that would work well to get best of both worlds? having multiplayer with persistent save is pretty important to me, I feel this and maybe future addition of crafting and base building would make as good as any dayz like mod in arma 3 

What MODS do people prefer to use when playing Ravage? I recently started finally using LUTS by Solano, now that the Real Light 7 Mod has changed the way you implement the mods. However, LUTS only looks good on certain maps. I tried to use it on the Napf map recently it was a really bad match. I'm planning my next youtube "ravage" series video soon, and I'm always looking for unique mods that work well with Ravage. I might wait until the next update though. The implementation of searching for loot in cabinets sounds very appealing.

I continue to find new and awesome mods to use while playing Arma 3. If you have suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Oh goodness, my Ravage mod list is quite big.

I have CUP, RHS, and the post-apocy skins one.

CUP terrains for, well, extra terrains and general quality stuff there.

Esseker because, well, its an awesome post-apoc map

Australia is the map I've been playing it on the most just because its so big, varied, and has great custom buildings.

bCombat for some AI improvement

Flay archery for bows

EDN Fortification for doing up some quick boards like on windows or something. I haven't tested to see if it'll persist with the Ravage MP persist.

MOCAP melee just in case you have to get your hands dirty and don't have a mag. I'd love to see Melee weapons implemented. DDS had a great Ax that I tried to rip but didn't have any luck.

Enhanced Movement: Running away from the hoard was never as much fun. This is probably my favorite addition out of all of them just because it allows you to climb up and over things but not unrealistically,

Extended Fatigue: I use this to make fatigue act a bit more realistically. Its harder, and you have to walk more, but I like the immersion.

A few more, I'm sure.

another weekend without 0.1.40  :(

Patience addon making takes time ;)

• Like 1

True.

BTW do we have random traders in 1.39? I've met more then 10 roaming friendlies and none of them are trader.

Also I wonder which AI mod gives best experience and stability with Ravage?

Oh goodness, my Ravage mod list is quite big.

I have CUP, RHS, and the post-apocy skins one.

CUP terrains for, well, extra terrains and general quality stuff there.

Esseker because, well, its an awesome post-apoc map

Australia is the map I've been playing it on the most just because its so big, varied, and has great custom buildings.

bCombat for some AI improvement

Flay archery for bows

EDN Fortification for doing up some quick boards like on windows or something. I haven't tested to see if it'll persist with the Ravage MP persist.

MOCAP melee just in case you have to get your hands dirty and don't have a mag. I'd love to see Melee weapons implemented. DDS had a great Ax that I tried to rip but didn't have any luck.

Enhanced Movement: Running away from the hoard was never as much fun. This is probably my favorite addition out of all of them just because it allows you to climb up and over things but not unrealistically,

Extended Fatigue: I use this to make fatigue act a bit more realistically. Its harder, and you have to walk more, but I like the immersion.

A few more, I'm sure.

nice list, how did you hook up edn to spawn the required loot? i can see the loot code but have no idea where to put any off the 'code stuff' to ensure they spawn. I would also like to increase the chance that the ravage wreck spawn will create air vehicles, anyway of doing this? only really ever played the altis/tanoa demo missions, as i like to not know how the scenario is set up/configured.

Yes it does, and getting sick doesn't help either. :/

I will rest for a few days, and come back here with more news chaps.

• Like 1

getting sick doesn't help either. :/

Offtopic but Haleks do a fast, dont eat for 16hrs or less, just drink water and your body will get over it in half the time if not sooner,

I fast everyday even during projects i work on helps keep a clear mind, and i never get sick ;)

Alright back on topic, Ravage is Awesome I have an cool scary mission idea that i plan to work on sometime in the near future, the one you

and I were talking about in pm a few weeks back Haleks ;)

• Like 2

Hello haleks

i wonder if its possible to create the zombie blacklist area module with a 80-50m radius with a script?
I have a ai officer that i can move around that can you can buy soldiers, veachles and get missions. so i f clear out a house and use it as a shelter for the officer, then i dont want the zombies to spawn around him.

Hello haleks

i wonder if its possible to create the zombie blacklist area module with a 80-50m radius with a script?

I have a ai officer that i can move around that can you can buy soldiers, veachles and get missions. so i f clear out a house and use it as a shelter for the officer, then i dont want the zombies to spawn around him.

That's why there is a "Zombie Blacklisted area" module which comes with Ravage, in which you can define an area with specific size where zombies can't go !

Im dabbling in zeus missions, apokalypse style. Been doing ChernobylZone with Z&D. And as cool as that is, I've lacked the feel and mood of Ravage.

I've opened up a mission in editor and put in the modules and booted it up in "try mode".

So heres the questions - is there any way I can spawn zombies manually via zeus, or enable the option to do it?

Is it a posibility to spawn in the special items (geiger, pills etc) without giving the players acces to the full virtual arsenal?

- I would REALLY love to do the change from Z&D to this mod =)

Is it a posibility to spawn in the special items (geiger, pills etc) without giving the players acces to the full virtual arsenal?

Just add them to the character via 3den, change their inventory.

Just add them to the character via 3den, change their inventory.

Cool that expands my options - what if I wanted to add them via Zeus? =)

Could you clarify what you mean? (to be honest ive never used Zeus)

There's a loadout module in Zeus that opens the arsenal for units you use it on, but it's very tedious. I'm not sure about spawning objects however.

Could you clarify what you mean? (to be honest ive never used Zeus)

Absolutely. As Zeus I'm the game master for the session I'm logged in.

As GM I can spawn about anything into the map. Buildings, weapons, vehicles, men everything. I build up a mission, real-time, and let my players try their strength against it - I react with, and control, the opposing forces.

For the last couple of sessions we have done a zombie setting with Ryan's Zombies (zombies & demons), and from that mod I can spawn in zombies and ask them to patrol, attack etc. I would like to be able to add in hordes and single zombies via zeus, to enhance the mission (its not always about killing OPFOR) tenseness (don't think that's word).

I think the zombies in this mod are awesome - they behave awesome - and the animations are awesome... 

• Like 1

There's a loadout module in Zeus that opens the arsenal for units you use it on, but it's very tedious. I'm not sure about spawning objects however.

well its something =) thank you for expanding on my options

I would like to be able to add in hordes and single zombies via zeus,

Hi Nicolai!

Zeus will be able to place (and control) individual zombies as of next update. ;)

Regarding their behaviour, they will follow any MOVE waypoint you give them - until they spot a target of course!

• Like 3

That's why there is a "Zombie Blacklisted area" module which comes with Ravage, in which you can define an area with specific size where zombies can't go !

i might not been clear enough with how i would like it to work.

i got a officer that i have created that you can control were to place a base, or if you want to relocate then you add him to your squad via a simple addaction command. The problem is that the zombies will allways spawn in buildings even if you have been there before, so if i place my officer in a building and leave for a mission to earn som of the ingame credits, he might killed when i enter the zombie spawn range. 

The officer is not static, he can move to were i want a base. So if i can create a "Zombie Blacklisted area" module everytime i set a base through a custom script, that would be nice. If i add the module with a script at the moment it might place one with the default range which is too large.

Might go look the code for the "Zombie Blacklisted area" module, so need to go out of your way to find a solution for my problem.

Sorry if i was not clear enough.

@FederalRazer89 : the code behind this module will change a bit in the next update.

What is your minimal spawn distance for the ambiant zeds? That value is used to determine if there is a human nearby (AI or player), in wich case spawns should be cancelled.

Hi Nicolai!

Zeus will be able to place (and control) individual zombies as of next update. ;)

Regarding their behaviour, they will follow any MOVE waypoint you give them - until they spot a target of course!

You are making my day! Thats almost ALL I need =) that - and the ability to spawn in the Ravage specific items =) 

You are doing a really really cool job here Haleks! Inspiring to me I must say. Been clocking quite some hours into the "standard" mission you made - the feel is everything i wanted from Breaking Point and Exile. The low loot, noscopes and almost extinct medkids (WHERE ARE THOSE DAMN MEDIKTS!?!)

Well done sir - well done.

• Like 1

i might not been clear enough with how i would like it to work.

i got a officer that i have created that you can control were to place a base, or if you want to relocate then you add him to your squad via a simple addaction command. The problem is that the zombies will allways spawn in buildings even if you have been there before, so if i place my officer in a building and leave for a mission to earn som of the ingame credits, he might killed when i enter the zombie spawn range. 

The officer is not static, he can move to were i want a base. So if i can create a "Zombie Blacklisted area" module everytime i set a base through a custom script, that would be nice. If i add the module with a script at the moment it might place one with the default range which is too large.

Might go look the code for the "Zombie Blacklisted area" module, so need to go out of your way to find a solution for my problem.

Sorry if i was not clear enough.

Why you just don't createTrigger every time and after you "set a base through a custom script" of yours, by setting TriggerArea, TriggerActivation and TriggerStatements by something like this "(vehicle player) in thisList", "0 = [thistrigger] call rvg_fnc_zedBlacklist" ?

Edit: (maybe something like this)

_trigger = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector", getPos 'officer'];
_trigger setTriggerArea [251, 251, 0, false];
_trigger setTriggerActivation ["WEST", "PRESENT", false];
_trigger setTriggerStatements ["(officer) in thisList", "0 = [thistrigger] call rvg_fnc_zedBlacklist"];

• Like 1

I will be streaming "Ravage in Australia" live with a few friends tonight, starting in about 15 minutes or so. We will be playing for several hours and running several mods. This is my first time playing Ravage on Australia, which is a map I really love. If anyone would like to watch... join the stream live at...

http://www.twitch.tv/donniepcgames

• Like 3