Mission makers can now specify different uniforms arrays for each Horde.

Haleks was this the idea I was telling you about in pm about horde module for the uniforms?

Haleks was this the idea I was telling you about in pm about horde module for the uniforms?

Yep.

Will send you a dev build soon, if you want to try it on that project of yours. ;)

• Like 1

Ooooh... secret projects ;)

Can I guess ... can I guess... ?? Lol

Ok I think I found a bug? Last night I was playing the Bornholm mission. Found a group. They didnt shoot me when they first saw me. Got within 3 meters and BAM they unload o n me!!!!!! I thought that they were friendly. I guess not.

Yep.

Will send you a dev build soon, if you want to try it on that project of yours. ;)

Cool, nah I'll wait til the release, im to busy working with my Ragnarok'44 missions right now, thanks anyways.

Ok I think I found a bug? Last night I was playing the Bornholm mission. Found a group. They didnt shoot me when they first saw me. Got within 3 meters and BAM they unload o n me!!!!!! I thought that they were friendly. I guess not.

sounds like it could be intended behavior too. if not it'd still be great to have that option. getting too close to a stranger with a gun doesn't sound like a good idea in the apocalypse.

• Like 1

sounds like it could be intended behavior too. if not it'd still be great to have that option. getting too close to a stranger with a gun doesn't sound like a good idea in the apocalypse.

This is a first for me. There are good and bad survivors. You can get the good ones to join so thats what I was thinking. Also there are random traders so again I thought I was good.  The bad guys usually start shooting as soon as they see me, 100 to 300 meters.

The area was also very open so again this was strange.

• Like 1

It is not intended behaviour (although I like the idea).

I haven't experienced this myself; were you using any AI mod? Was it night ingame?

Any plans to add support for the open chernarus project? :D

It is not intended behaviour (although I like the idea).

I haven't experienced this myself; were you using any AI mod? Was it night ingame?

The only AI mod I use is, Vcom Driving. Nope it was daytime. Like I said this was a first for me. Played many hours of Ravage though this was the first time playing a Bornholm mission I didnt make.

Hey, Haleks:

First off thank you for an amazing mod. I love being able to use modules to adjust things in the game. This is exactly the kind of thing I've been looking for out of a Dayz-ish mod and I think you've got it going great.

Second: I have a question about adding custom buildings and equipment to the spawn tables. Is there a way to do it other than cracking open the mod and essentially creating a 'custom version' of Ravage? I see the building list and the loot lists (amazing work on making that clear as day to read and understand....well commented code is happy code) but I am not sure if there is a way to add something in a mission file to add to that list or what-not. I intend on making one with the EDN Fortification builder materials spawning in as well as adding the buildings from the Austrialia map (and a few others in packs).

Thanks again!

-Obi

Any plans to add support for the open chernarus project? :D

Once it's finished, yes, probably. I will take care of the JBAD buildings too, eventually.

Hey, Haleks:

First off thank you for an amazing mod. I love being able to use modules to adjust things in the game. This is exactly the kind of thing I've been looking for out of a Dayz-ish mod and I think you've got it going great.

Second: I have a question about adding custom buildings and equipment to the spawn tables. Is there a way to do it other than cracking open the mod and essentially creating a 'custom version' of Ravage? I see the building list and the loot lists (amazing work on making that clear as day to read and understand....well commented code is happy code) but I am not sure if there is a way to add something in a mission file to add to that list or what-not. I intend on making one with the EDN Fortification builder materials spawning in as well as adding the buildings from the Austrialia map (and a few others in packs).

Thanks again!

-Obi

Hi Obi!

You can add/modify pretty much everything except configs from mission files. Best practice is usually to wait for variables/arrays to be defined by the modules and then replace them.

Here's a sample code to give you the idea (can be used/spawned from the mission init.sqf) :

_null = [] spawn {
	waitUntil {!isNil "someLootList"};//we wait for the module to do its job
	sleep 1;//more or less useless precaution, but it doesn't hurt given the complexity of the code
	someLootList = [/*your array with custom stuff*/];
};

Or, if you just want to add items to an existing list :

_null = [] spawn {
	waitUntil {!isNil "someLootList"};
	sleep 1;
	{someLootList pushBack _x} forEach [/*your array with custom stuff*/];
};

Keep one thing in mind : you're dealing with multidimensional arrays (the final code will be more complex than those examples), wich can quickly become a headache, so be patient and read the official documentation first. ;)

Give a shout if you need more detailed instructions.

• Like 5

Once it's finished, yes, probably. I will take care of the JBAD buildings too, eventually.

Hi Obi!

You can add/modify pretty much everything except configs from mission files. Best practice is usually to wait for variables/arrays to be defined by the modules and then replace them.

Here's a sample code to give you the idea (can be used/spawned from the mission init.sqf) :

_null = [] spawn {
	waitUntil {!isNil "someLootList"};//we wait for the module to do its job
	sleep 1;//more or less useless precaution, but it doesn't hurt given the complexity of the code
	someLootList = [/*your array with custom stuff*/];
};

Or, if you just want to add items to an existing list :

_null = [] spawn {
	waitUntil {!isNil "someLootList"};
	sleep 1;
	{someLootList pushBack _x} forEach [/*your array with custom stuff*/];
};

Keep one thing in mind : you're dealing with multidimensional arrays (the final code will be more complex than those examples), wich can quickly become a headache, so be patient and read the official documentation first. ;)

Give a shout if you need more detailed instructions.

Thanks for the reply!

I'll give it a try and if it becomes too rough to get my head around it I'll poke my head back over here.

Quick question, does this seem correct?

_null = [] spawn {
waitUntil {!isNil "lootVital_list"};
sleep 1;
{lootVital_list pushBack _x} forEach [0, ["edn_Cinderblock", "edn_Woodplank", "edn_camonet","edn_Metalpipe","edn_Sandbag","edn_Wirecoil"]],[1, ["edn_Cinderblock", "edn_Woodplank", "edn_camonet","edn_Metalpipe","edn_Sandbag","edn_Wirecoil"]],[2, ["edn_Cinderblock", "edn_Woodplank", "edn_camonet","edn_Metalpipe","edn_Sandbag","edn_Wirecoil"]];
};

I gave it a go, but I didn't see anything spawning (could be RNG though).

Could we have a list of Arma3 Terrains which are compatible with Ravage loot system as they use Arma1/2/3 buildings ?

I know already for CupTerrains but as i play Ravage everyday with friends for months now, we are getting bored of Altis/Tanoa/Chernarus terrains and wanted to try new ones...

I know that Chernobyl isn't compatible and that Esseker is.

I wanted to know about Panthera Island, Australia, Bornholm... I couldn't find it.

Thanks a lot for the amazing work !

Quick question, does this seem correct?

_null = [] spawn {
sleep 1;
{lootVital_list pushBack _x} forEach [0, ["edn_Cinderblock", "edn_Woodplank", "edn_camonet","edn_Metalpipe","edn_Sandbag","edn_Wirecoil"]],[1, ["edn_Cinderblock", "edn_Woodplank", "edn_camonet","edn_Metalpipe","edn_Sandbag","edn_Wirecoil"]],[2, ["edn_Cinderblock", "edn_Woodplank", "edn_camonet","edn_Metalpipe","edn_Sandbag","edn_Wirecoil"]];
};

I gave it a go, but I didn't see anything spawning (could be RNG though).

Close, but not quite. ;)

_null = [] spawn {
	sleep 1;
	_civ = 0;
	_mil = 1;
	_ind = 2;
	{((lootVital_list select _civ) select 1) pushBack _x} forEach ["edn_Cinderblock", "edn_Woodplank", "edn_camonet","edn_Metalpipe","edn_Sandbag","edn_Wirecoil"];
	{((lootVital_list select _mil) select 1) pushBack _x} forEach ["edn_Cinderblock", "edn_Woodplank", "edn_camonet","edn_Metalpipe","edn_Sandbag","edn_Wirecoil"];
	{((lootVital_list select _ind) select 1) pushBack _x} forEach ["edn_Cinderblock", "edn_Woodplank", "edn_camonet","edn_Metalpipe","edn_Sandbag","edn_Wirecoil"];
};

@extaz93 : There is no such list; it depends on the proportion of custom buildings being used on each map.

Australia should be partially compatible, Panthera & Bornholm should be fully compatible.

• Like 1

Close, but not quite. ;)

_null = [] spawn {
	sleep 1;
	_civ = 0;
	_mil = 1;
	_ind = 2;
	{((lootVital_list select _civ) select 1) pushBack _x} forEach ["edn_Cinderblock", "edn_Woodplank", "edn_camonet","edn_Metalpipe","edn_Sandbag","edn_Wirecoil"];
	{((lootVital_list select _mil) select 1) pushBack _x} forEach ["edn_Cinderblock", "edn_Woodplank", "edn_camonet","edn_Metalpipe","edn_Sandbag","edn_Wirecoil"];
	{((lootVital_list select _ind) select 1) pushBack _x} forEach ["edn_Cinderblock", "edn_Woodplank", "edn_camonet","edn_Metalpipe","edn_Sandbag","edn_Wirecoil"];
};

@extaz93 : There is no such list; it depends on the proportion of custom buildings being used on each map.

Australia should be partially compatible, Panthera & Bornholm should be fully compatible.

Ahh, okay. Many, many thanks on that!

Would it be possible to do similar to get in the custom Australia buildings with the init file?

That's a tad more complex, gimme some time to dig through my files.

Do you have the classnames already?

@extaz93....Napf Island and Caribou Frontier work well with Ravage....Caribou is a particular favorite of mine.  :)

• Like 2

That's a tad more complex, gimme some time to dig through my files.

Do you have the classnames already?

I think I can grab them. Depends on if he kept the name constant between his standalone version of the items and the terrain.

I'll get back to you in a tick.

@RGobi : I think I have a script somewhere to retrieve all buildings that aren't in the lists already - will post it in a bit.

@RGobi : I think I have a script somewhere to retrieve all buildings that aren't in the lists already - will post it in a bit.

Cool! It would seem that he did change the classnames between the terrain and the standalone mod.

Cool! It would seem that he did change the classnames between the terrain and the standalone mod.

what version are you using?

what version are you using?

Latest ones I think. Might just be my inexperience.

Latest ones I think. Might just be my inexperience.

sorry.. i should have been more specific... is it the steam version or downloaded from another source.

I can run the code thru the map if you want to get the classnames

just want to know what version and the source of the download so i work off same one

• Like 2