Inventory is stored in your own player profile. You can review all your saved characters via the dedicated "MP saves" scenario.

• Like 2

Hey haleks, I sent you a message about a debug regarding the RHS weapons and Cup weapons not appearing in loot tables.

Thanks.

In that case one would probably need something like epoch/exile to use a frame , has any one attempted doing this? know or have instructions on how to do this?

In that case one would probably need something like epoch/exile to use a frame , has any one attempted doing this? know or have instructions on how to do this?

A few people have managed to get Ravage working with Exile. I tried it myself and managed to get it going after a lot of headache, but I found it wasn't really worth the effort. I much prefered vanilla Ravage, but I guess that's personal preference. Either way, give it a try if that's what you'r after mate like I say it is possible.

• Like 1

A few people have managed to get Ravage working with Exile. I tried it myself and managed to get it going after a lot of headache, but I found it wasn't really worth the effort. I much prefered vanilla Ravage, but I guess that's personal preference. Either way, give it a try if that's what you'r after mate like I say it is possible.

Thank you I have similar project i am working on but I will give this ago, what were the challenges you had with it? I am guessing you created the logic for it in the editor and then combine it with exile mission files? do you have files I can try out? I do also like Ravage vanilla but I feel if it is not full open world multiplayer (similar to dayz mod was) its a quick game that u play and is forgotten about  .. it looks to have great potential to be that dayz mod on arma 3 we are looking for .

Thank you I have similar project i am working on but I will give this ago, what were the challenges you had with it? I am guessing you created the logic for it in the editor and then combine it with exile mission files? do you have files I can try out? I do also like Ravage vanilla but I feel if it is not full open world multiplayer (similar to dayz mod was) its a quick game that u play and is forgotten about  .. it looks to have great potential to be that dayz mod on arma 3 we are looking for .

I just found setting up Exile in general was a nuisance, that was the most off putting part to be honest. When it came to merging Ravage with it that was the most straight forward bit, so if you already have the assests set up for Exile to run you shouldn't really encounter many if any problems. It was just a case of adding the Ravage modules to the Exile mission if I remember correctly. I'm really sorry, I don't have any of the old assests/mission files saved I deleted them a while back now.

I'm not sure you're using Ravage to it's fullest? I think Ravage very much covers the same ground as Dayz. You have to remember the community for Ravage is a lot smaller too, I think a lot of people here play it solo, or co-op with friends and Ravage very much caters to that crowd (which I like). The desire for PVP Ravage doesn't seem to be too overwhelming here, that being said I would think it's possible?

• Like 1

I think Ravage very much covers the same ground as Dayz. You have to remember the community for Ravage is a lot smaller too, I think a lot of people here play it solo, or co-op with friends and Ravage very much caters to that crowd (which I like). The desire for PVP Ravage doesn't seem to be too overwhelming here, that being said I would think it's possible?

That certainly is possible : the only limitations currently, compared to dayz, is that vehicles and containers such as tents aren't persistent. It is something I will work on eventually, but until then, there's nothing keeping mission makers from going full-on PvP à la dayz - except maybe one thing... The save system can clash with scripted introduction/insertion sequences; I'll need to add a MP mission template showing how to work with that.

• Like 5

That certainly is possible : the only limitations currently, compared to dayz, is that vehicles and containers such as tents aren't persistent. It is something I will work on eventually, but until then, there's nothing keeping mission makers from going full-on PvP à la dayz - except maybe one thing... The save system can clash with scripted introduction/insertion sequences; I'll need to add a MP mission template showing how to work with that.

Look forward to persistent saves, i liked the co-play but we played it for like 30 mins and left wondering how we can add zombies to another framework that has persistent save , if anyone has got it successfully working with exile or epoch please pm me .. I have some questions

Hello everyone. Its been awhile since I've played Ravage, just started back. I like the direction its going in. Though I have a couple of questions. Has anyone posted a suggestion of door locks or boarding up as a way to create a base?

Second question. i have yet to see animals spawn other than some snakes and rabbits on Altis and Esseker. Could you make a module? I used the animal module in the editor. Placed them in the center of the map and had it spawn up to 1500 meters and changed the quantity to 100. It works ok but it's still lacking.

As always love the mod and keep up the great work.

@one_eyed_croaker: Animals spawn: try @tpw_mods?

I see errors in spawn_survivor at times. Maybe it's happening from loaded savegames, I am not sure. Cannot report much more now, was my last gaming session, I'm having 2 weeks of holidays now.

RPT:

21:52:54 Error in expression <allPlayersInside = [];
{
if (vehicle _x inArea _trigger) then {
_allPlayersInsid>
21:52:54   Error position: <inArea _trigger) then {
_allPlayersInsid>
21:52:54   Error 3 elements provided, 5 expected
21:52:54 File ravage\code\scripts\mission\spawn_survivor.sqf, line 5
21:52:55 Inventory item with given name: [rvg_canOpener] not found
21:52:55 Error in expression <_Grp setSpeedMode "LIMITED";
};

[_Grp, getPos _trigger, 250] call BIS_fnc_taskP>
21:52:55   Error position: <getPos _trigger, 250] call BIS_fnc_taskP>
21:52:55   Error getpos: Type Array, expected Object,Location
21:52:55 File ravage\code\scripts\mission\spawn_survivor.sqf, line 98

I see errors in spawn_survivor at times. Maybe it's happening from loaded savegames

That is most likely the case : that particular function (wich has been updated recently) is compiled and saved at mission start.

Give a shout if it happens on a new game.

Goood job!!

Nice progress Haleks. I'm waiting for 1.40 release! One thing.... has anyone experience with mag repack after exit arma and continue saved mission? I tried it and mag repack didn't work for me after I reloaded mission.

Are traders in showcase? I played 3hours and didn't find any.

tortuosit

@tortuosit ...... Thanks forgot about TPW mod.

I am trying to make some static traders for a mission. I saw the code somewhere but now i can't find it and search is not helping. Can someone post the code for both types of traders if they are different?

Thanks.

Oh yea one last thing... This has to be the best Arma 3 forum for getting help. After reading almost all of the pages I see you guys actually help people with coding and mission making. I am not much of a coder myself but if anyone needs some modeling work let me know.

tortuosit

@tortuosit ...... Thanks forgot about TPW mod.

I am trying to make some static traders for a mission. I saw the code somewhere but now i can't find it and search is not helping. Can someone post the code for both types of traders if they are different?

Thanks.

Oh yea one last thing... This has to be the best Arma 3 forum for getting help. After reading almost all of the pages I see you guys actually help people with coding and mission making. I am not much of a coder myself but if anyone needs some modeling work let me know.

Point 1-

"this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_supplies_s", true]"

and

"this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_arms_s", true]"

Point 2-

Yep... best community ever...

There are some real characters on here for sure... but everyone adds to the flavor..

Love seeing the collaboration in all the different interest groups...

It's why it's in my sig ;)

• Like 4

would something like this help with the persistent vehicle loot and tents etc : https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186782-sru-persistent-database-and-resupply/

or just this : https://github.com/AsYetUntitled/extDB2

I just want to clarify whether Ravage is currently compatible with ACE3?

I saw only some error popups (medical system) with current new version of ACE3.

I'm pretty excited about the next patch! Searching cabinets, etc would really add to the immersion, in my opinion.

• Like 1

I just want to clarify whether Ravage is currently compatible with ACE3?

No, it isn't. Ravage is not compatible with ACE.

The less elegant truth is that Ravage is compatible with large parts of ACE, but hasn't been designed to work with it, so it has game-breaking bugs.

Are traders in showcase? I played 3hours and didn't find any.

There are none in the Altis mission. But there are some in the Tanoa mission. I can tell you where to find them if you like (send me a PM).

There are none in the Altis mission. But there are some in the Tanoa mission. I can tell you where to find them if you like (send me a PM).

Actually, a few of them can spawn in the Altis demo mission - I shot a group by mistake last night during my testings. ^^

Anyway, I think we aren't too far from release now; we just need to extensively test the new loot search feature and other new additions.

Here's the changelog for now :

Tweaked :

Improved support for Marksmen DLC.

Players have to remove their gasmask or special helmet to take antirads.

Traders are no longer limited to their inventory space, allowing them to buy more items.

Restored enemy callouts (use Discipline mod if you want to disable them completely).

Tweaked enemy callouts so they don't spam radio comms.

Improved distance to target detection before triggering zombie attack animations - now relative to target size.

Restored OpenBag action.

OpenBag action doesn't pop up in the middle of the screen anymore.

Stealing (or ordering to steal) from a backpack wich belongs to a trader decreases your rating.

Improved Gasmask SFX handling (vanilla breathing sounds are completely disabled while a gasmask is equipped).

Improved zed Blacklist behaviour.

Removed Ravage Ambiant Weather from the Tanoa demo (the vanilla simulation works best for that island).

Loot system : added a few static objects for Phronk's melee weapons script.

Animals killed by zombies don't yield meat anymore.

Optimisations of scripted AI behaviour related to nearby zombies awarness.

Various minor tweaks.

Fixed :

Multiple issues when selling weapons and magazines to traders.

Fixed several typos in the modules tooltips.

The minimum safe spawn distance wasn't correctly applied for the Ambient Zombies module.

Fixed an error preventing Hordes from spawning.

Fixed props and static objects spawning in mid-air.

Fixed locality issues with the Blacklist modules.

Several fixes to the loot spawn and equipment pool modules.

Health in the Status Displays is now more accurate.

Players would become invisible to zombies when opening their inventory.

Zombies unable to hit players with their inventory opened.

Zombies would attack vehicles with dead crew.

Error with groupLootSearch function.

New :

Added a new parameter to the gear pool module defining chances for survivors to wear military grade uniforms.

Added a new Safe Zone module to exclude hostile AI and/or radiations around its position.

New handling of damage dealt by zombies (natively compatible with ACE,AGM,CSE,VTN and other similar modifications), now influenced by armor values.

Mission makers can now specify different uniforms arrays for each Horde.

Added gasmask visual effects (survival module has to be present for it to kick-in).

Added a new Loot Search option to the Loot Module (original script by Larrow). Showcased in the Altis demo.

New renegade faces by Cosmic10R && Bad Benson.

Regarding ACE : as of next update, zombies should be 100% compatible with it, or any other mod using their own medical system. The survival system however won't be : too much stuff to be tested, and the loot system doesn't spawn the required items for the advanced medical system anyway. Maybe later...

• Like 6

haleks could you please add support for the Open Chernarus Project and the JBAD version of it?

Something like when it detects people running this addon then loot would spawn in that modified interior buildings as well.

Here are the classnames of the buildings:

//OCP
Land_d_HouseV_1t
Land_d_HouseV_2L
Land_d_HouseV_2I
Land_d_HouseV_1L2
Land_d_HouseV_3I1
Land_d_HouseV_3I2
Land_d_HouseV_3I3
Land_d_HouseV_3I4
//JBAD
Land_Jbad_A_Stationhouse