@FederalRazer89 : the zed spawner already has a built-in code to spawn infected around trees when no buildings are around - although the timers and distances may be a bit large...

I could add new parameters to the module directly for this - will work on this soon.

Well as long as it can spawn zombies in the woods then i am fine, If you add more options to modify it then i would be more then fine.

But which version of ravage got it? got 0.1.391 because it allows opening backpacks on Ai? Have disabled trades so i dont enconter them.

Btw any thought of trying to integrate base building to the mod? Mabye use this one: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26088

will try to bind it to the base, my mission.

Good work on the mod

Well as long as it can spawn zombies in the woods then i am fine, If you add more options to modify it then i would be more then fine.

But which version of ravage got it? got 0.1.391 because it allows opening backpacks on Ai? Have disabled trades so i dont enconter them.

Btw any thought of trying to integrate base building to the mod? Mabye use this one: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26088

will try to bind it to the base, my mission.

Good work on the mod

Ravage 0.1.391 does have that feature, yes.

Regarding opening AI backpacks, I'll probably add a workaround in the next update : something less intrusive than the stock mechanic (I hate seeing actions popping up in the middle of action) and limited to group members.

• Like 1

With the Chernobyl zone release and it's fantastic post-apocalyptic atmosphere, the buildings he modeled. (CHZ), are unfortunately not compatible with the Ravage loot module. That being said, the buildings in this project are becoming popular in manually placed edited missions/scenarios. Would there be an update regarding the loot spawn of these buildings?

-Keep up the fantastic work, really appreciate it

Would there be an update regarding the loot spawn of these buildings?

Yes, probably - once the map is deemed finished and all buildings have proper positions for pathfinding. ;)

• Like 2

Great ! the Chernobyl zone-map is a profit for Ravage ...these both is pur hell ^^

haleks a little question: is the mod version 0.1.392 compatible with the development branch ?

thx

Great ! the Chernobyl zone-map is a profit for Ravage ...these both is pur hell ^^

haleks a little question: is the mod version 0.1.392 compatible with the development branch ?

thx

I don't know - I'm not on DEV these days (I usually wait for RC branches before switching).

But I try to stick to vanilla mechanics as much as I can, so unless something major is being changed on dev, it should work all right.

By the way guys, I've restored the "OpenBag" action on my dev build - with a twist! Whenever a player steals from a backpack belonging to an AI from a different group (or orders one of his AIs to do so), his rating will decrease, potentially turning friendlies against him.

For now, this behaviour automatically kicks in whenever Ravage is loaded; however I might limit this to modules if it breaks other missions or mods.

Oh! and the OpenBag action doesn't pop-up in the middle of the screen anymore, something I will probably add to my Discipline mod soon.

• Like 3

I've noticed that some o the static objects are floating in the mid air once they spawn, probably you have to enable it's simulation once they spawn, put them into sleep a few secs and then disable them.

You mean objects such as props spawned by the loot system? I'll look into it.

You mean objects such as props spawned by the loot system? I'll look into it.

Yeah sorry my bad, didn't clarify that, yes i meant the props objects, noticed that yesterday on the escape mission of Altis.

• Like 1

Hi Haleks I want asking about problem with downloading the saves, I can't do nothing with this :(

Hi guys,

Working on new visual effects for the gasmasks!

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Those are based on PPeffects templates EO shared with me, I've only tweaked some values and added a subtle distorsion effect (most visible on the second screen), something to give that bosselated mask feeling.

The original idea was to have it disabled if ACE_goggles is detected (since the gasmasks already support this mod), but I think the effect blends rather well with the overlay from ACE...

What do you guys think - too much or too subtle?

EDIT :

What it looks like without ACE_goggles :

@alekzenit : I need to take a deeper look at your files, but I wasn't able to reproduce the issue so far. By the way, have you tried with the latest CBA update (from yesterday)?

• Like 7

Thank you for the news about update CBA haleks, I will try it for sure, keep up the good work.

Hi, could you tell me how can I play multiplayer (host game) in survival?
I can't see this mod in Altis Map or other when I try host game.
Thx for help!

I can't see this mod in Altis Map or other when I try host game.

There isn't a multiplayer mission included with Ravage. Ravage supports multiplayer. Some Ravage missions designed by other people are designed for multiplayer. You need one of those.

There's a bit on the wiki about this. I recommend The Escape as a multiplayer mission - it doesn't need any other mods and it has a definite objective, making it rather suitable for for a single session playthrough.

http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Multiplayer_setup_guide

• Like 2

Hi haleks,

Concerning the GasMask effect, why don't you use a gasMask point of view photo and add a transparency mask, then use the gum tool to retouche it and add the image with transparency on the HUD ?

I take the liberty to modify an image that I find and I share it here if you want to test the thing before, maybe, doing one yourself or rework and use this one. It's a really basic work, but that can be used for testing. It's just an idea, of course.

jB2elQf.png

The effects seen on the video below are really well made and realistic the same time.
I do appreciate that you will implement those effects on the gasmasks, they certainly give a nice touch.

Having the tpw_rainfx script running i basically get the same rain splatters effect over screen.

• Like 1

The effects seen on the video below are really well made and realistic the same time.
I do appreciate that you will implement those effects on the gasmasks, they certainly give a nice touch.

Having the tpw_rainfx script running i basically get the same rain splatters effect over screen.

Very nice. This video made me thinking: maybe Haleks could introduce 3 leves of quality for protection gear:

- ruined (mask, rebreather, protection suit = no protection)

- worn (30-50% of protection)

-pristine (full protection).

Of course make better quality items rarer. Later on when it's tested there could be 5 levels for wider spectrum of protection (0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%)

• Like 1

So, I've decided to try out Ravage on Chernarus map, downloaded it with CUP terrains pack. And when I set up mission in editor (place Ravage modules), Raiders (INDEP) are green/friendly to me and they do not attack. What seems to be the problem? Can anyone please post here procedure how to set up a mission. Thanks.

Hi Haleks, I'm trying to use the zombie blacklist area module but, doesnt seem to be working (kind of). I have put down some buildings in Eden but the zombies still seem to be spawning inside those particular buildings, however they're not spawning anywhere else in the designated area. I'm guessing it's because they're manually placed buildings?

So, I've decided to try out Ravage on Chernarus map, downloaded it with CUP terrains pack. And when I set up mission in editor (place Ravage modules), Raiders (INDEP) are green/friendly to me and they do not attack. What seems to be the problem? Can anyone please post here procedure how to set up a mission. Thanks.

There should be an option in the Ambiant AI module to set what side the factions are on. Failing that have you changed the INDEP faction relation in the mission settings? I know you likely know this stuff but sometimes it's easy to overlook the simple things.

• Like 1

There should be an option in the Ambiant AI module to set what side the factions are on. Failing that have you changed the INDEP faction relation in the mission settings? I know you likely know this stuff but sometimes it's easy to overlook the simple things.

The module is set correctly mate:

primary hostile forces: radier opfor

secondary hostile forces raider indep

friendly forces: bluefor survivors

The module is set correctly mate:

primary hostile forces: radier opfor

secondary hostile forces raider indep

friendly forces: bluefor survivors

Yeah, they're the same module settings I have.

What about in 'General mission settings' is the INDEP faction set to enemy? Not that I think that should matter but it's worth a shot. Have you changed anything in the mission description or init files? Yet again, I know you likely know this stuff, I'm just throwing it out there. Or even the ultimate school boy error of putting down an INDEP unit as the player?

So having recently binge watched the first 2 seasons of the walking dead, I am ready to thrown myself into Ravage in a big way.

One question though:does anyone who plays Ravage regularly have MCC running while they play it? I have had issues with other game modes like this which have loot spawning and enemy spawning systems. MCC seems to stop them working correctly. I'd love to know if anyone has experience with this?

• Like 1