i installed CUP terrain and core now.. and im playing in chernarus map. so after an hour of playing. i still cant find any water source in cherno and electro.. do i need to put it manually or its there but not the same as Tanoa and Altis water sources?

@jihayz: I have made a RAVAGE mission on Chernarus Winter which I also in the early versions have ported to Chernarus Summer and Autumn for testing.  And I can tell you that there definitely are  water sources on these maps, but they are much more common in the rural areas than in the two cities yo mentioned. 

What you want to look for are those village wells with the pump lever and the fountains which have a pipe coming out of a vertical wall.  But beware: these have a limited amount of water per source, so you can't kiss the thirst problem goodbye once you have stumbled across one of those water sources. 

• Like 4

Hi guys,

Just letting you know that I have identified more issues with the trading system (it concerns weapons traders mostly), those are already being worked on for the next update!

• Like 6

Hi guys,

Just letting you know that I have identified more issues with the trading system (it concerns weapons traders mostly), those are already being worked on for the next update!

Great news mate, I hope you'll be able to fix and return "Open backpack" option for recruited survivors.

I think it's a good idea, but we would need to model a new uniform for that (none of the vanilla assets fits, IMO) - that's out of Ravage scope, currently. :/

I found this mod on workshop, maybe the author would lend you models? I dont know, these look rather awesome to me, but I'd just keep the looks, not the jump-pack capability and significant ballistic and explosion protection those suits have.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=646476994&searchtext=

P.S. A bit off topic, but do you know how vehicle loading system works? I mean, is there a way to tell which vehicle carries more cargo? I know we have that bottom line which shows how much something is loaded and remaining space, but it's rather inaccurate when you need to compare two vehicles. I'm asking this because I've noticed that Humvees from RHS mod carry significantly less cargo than your armed offroad from vanilla Ravage. Even big trucks like Ural carry less load than armed offroad. It kinda makes no sense.

PPS & Edit: Does anyone know how to delete comment and if it's possible in the first place? I didnt want to make two posts on the topic which could have been said in one. :/ Thx.

Every time I render a video to youtube, it always looks muddy/fuzzy at random times and in particular you can notice it in the grass when I play Arma 3.

Ultimately, the problem is with YouTube. YouTube's bit rate isn't high enough. The moving grass in ArmA 3 is too much movement for it.

You can play around with your render settings or use different filters to sharpen things, but ultimately you're a hostage to YouTube's bitrate. Plenty of games are affected by it, but ArmA 3 seems to be the worst.

For 720p, YouTube uses a bit rate of 4000 Kbps. For 1080p, they use 6000 Kbps. Or at least they do for livestreams - but video won't be much different. And it stores all files in the WebM format.

There just isn't a magic setting you can use that will fix all this. There's too much movement for YouTube's bitrate limits.

TotalBiscuit discusses this in one of his videos:

• Like 2

So i must admit i'm really impressed with your mod and i enjoy playing it. But today i found few bugs i should report. In the latest patch i noticed 50cal patrol units spawning way to close to me and i'm having hard time avoiding them. I'll post a video for better understanding. Donno if it's only the North part of the map but yeah... video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olF2sabzL4s&feature=youtu.be

Maybe a quick question while i'm here. Are there any scopes added to Tanoah and is there a helicopter spawn anywhere on the map? Haven't found one yet.

I found this mod on workshop, maybe the author would lend you models? I dont know, these look rather awesome to me, but I'd just keep the looks, not the jump-pack capability and significant ballistic and explosion protection those suits have.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=646476994&searchtext=

P.S. A bit off topic, but do you know how vehicle loading system works? I mean, is there a way to tell which vehicle carries more cargo? I know we have that bottom line which shows how much something is loaded and remaining space, but it's rather inaccurate when you need to compare two vehicles. I'm asking this because I've noticed that Humvees from RHS mod carry significantly less cargo than your armed offroad from vanilla Ravage. Even big trucks like Ural carry less load than armed offroad. It kinda makes no sense.

PPS & Edit: Does anyone know how to delete comment and if it's possible in the first place? I didnt want to make two posts on the topic which could have been said in one. :/ Thx.

Yeah, I've been fiddling with the EPSM exomod, but it doesn't really fit...

I would rather wait for this one to be complete : https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/193763-wip-contamination-area-mod/

As for vehicles cargo capacity, it's something BIS needs to sort out : a lot of stuff about their vehicles configs aren't realistic or don't match the reduced scale of Arma terrains (like fuel consumption rates). I'd say RHS devs were simply more reasonnable with theirs - their take on config/realism is a bit different than BIS, RHS stuff isn't really meant to mix well with vanilla content at the moment.

So i must admit i'm really impressed with your mod and i enjoy playing it. But today i found few bugs i should report. In the latest patch i noticed 50cal patrol units spawning way to close to me and i'm having hard time avoiding them. I'll post a video for better understanding. Donno if it's only the North part of the map but yeah... video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olF2sabzL4s&feature=youtu.be

Maybe a quick question while i'm here. Are there any scopes added to Tanoah and is there a helicopter spawn anywhere on the map? Haven't found one yet.

I was pretty sure all distance spawn issues were fixed with the 139 update; it's not something I've experienced recently during my tests...

What mission is it? Could you send me a copy so I can test/debug it?

• Like 1

is there any way to call a custom .sqf like "cfgBuildingList.sqf" or "lootLists.sqf" on my init.sqf?

thanks

I think it's a good idea, but we would need to model a new uniform for that (none of the vanilla assets fits, IMO) - that's out of Ravage scope, currently. :/

A combination of Frith's, Ravage, and Vanilla Assets can bring some interesting kits to the table.

http://imgur.com/a/oYchG

• Like 2

Are there any servers that run this mod?  I haven't been able to find any. 

I am working on one as i type this, so keep ur eyes out

• Like 3

Hi, 

Haleks I know you dont make this mod compatible with ace3mod. With latest update of ace its completly incompatible with ravage. In our group always play with ace military missions but sometimes we used your mod to play survival scenarios. We miss a lot of features of ace, for example medical settings, revive, advanced ballistics, map gestures, pointing settings etc. 

Before, we can adapt scenarios to play with ace limited but now its impossible because now zombies dont make damage to players. I think its something with advanced damage, same problem as RyanZombies. 

pms7uaD.png

Many thanks for your work. 

@Sanchez_ESUS : yeah it has been reported a few weeks ago.

It's not something I can fix on my end : zombies switch to an alternative damage system when Ace is enabled and that part still works as usual. The problem should be reported to ACE team, or maybe even BIS : that error message of theirs doesn't even make any sense.

That being said, I'm experimenting with a new damage system; if it works it could resolve all those compatibility issues...

• Like 1

A combination of Frith's, Ravage, and Vanilla Assets can bring some interesting kits to the table.

http://imgur.com/a/oYchG

Second version looks great. That pilot helmet with oxygen hose and suit do indeed look like some sort of fully enclosed protection suit.

This mod is basically the addon i've been looking for for quite some time!

I'm running rpg zeus mission (rpg lite, story driven apocalypse missions in ChernobylZone map)

I'm interested in the radiation, the zombies, the geiger counter and all that jazz. But I do not want the loot system (and it doesn't work on ChernobylZone as well I reckon), so is there any way to give my players the gas masks, the geiger and supplies for drinks and food manually or by placing them in the world via mission maker, or even better, zeus?

All looks cool - hope i can get everything to work

EDIT: i see now that there seems to be a compatibility issue with ACE3... damn seems i can get no dmg from either Ryans zombies or Ravage with ace on - And ACE is quite important for my missions. Any workarounds? 

-----

mods used:

ChernobylZone

CBA

CUP, units, weapons, vehicles

ACE3

TFAR

Ravage

Enhanced movement

Zombies and Demons (ryans)

Halek this mod is AMAZING!!! It's a new game itself. I played DAYZ mod and dayz standalone a lot of time but this mod... Its better!!! Thanks bro!!!

I LOVE IT!!!! :D

• Like 6

Mods used today with a loooot of fun...

Cba
Ravage
RHS: Complete
Iron Front Lite
TPW Mods
Blastcore Phoenix
BloodLust
Enhanced Movement
Mag Repack
Tao Folding Map
Taw View Distance

OMG...TPW makes my day mixed with Ravage...Zombies running to eat civilians, people in a car killing zombies in the streets, burning cars...woooow...i just can make popcorn and keep watching like a film. GG for the mod Haleks, f*****g really awesome work!!

• Like 4

This mod is basically the addon i've been looking for for quite some time!

I'm running rpg zeus mission (rpg lite, story driven apocalypse missions in ChernobylZone map)

I'm interested in the radiation, the zombies, the geiger counter and all that jazz. But I do not want the loot system (and it doesn't work on ChernobylZone as well I reckon), so is there any way to give my players the gas masks, the geiger and supplies for drinks and food manually or by placing them in the world via mission maker, or even better, zeus?

All looks cool - hope i can get everything to work

EDIT: i see now that there seems to be a compatibility issue with ACE3... damn seems i can get no dmg from either Ryans zombies or Ravage with ace on - And ACE is quite important for my missions. Any workarounds? 

-----

I had supply crates configured for Eden, but it looks like a recent update broke them (they're empty)...

I will fix this for the next update; but until then there's no easy way to place survival items without the loot module. :/

You will have to either script it yourself or wait for an update, sorry to say that.

As for ACE, it has been discussed in the previous page(s); I can't fix it on my end, I suggest anyone experiencing the discussed issue report to either ACE team or BIS.

EDIT : one option would be to import loadouts for your players from the virtual arsenal : all crucial items are available in there. After that, it's a matter of lootin' dead guys. ;)

Haha cool! Welcome new guys to Bis forums and to Ravage mod thread!

Ravage Utube channel Update  - Ravage Mod Utube Channel

Channel Changes

• Created a new playlist called Mini Episodes, these are small episodes that are 15-45min in length and not connected to a series like an ep 1, ep 2, ep3 ect,.
  • Created a channel list at top right of Ravage channel, these linked channels are those Utube channels that regularly play Ravage Mod, new episodes from them will still be posted on main Ravage channel
  • Moved playlist Full Playthroughs under Full Episodes
  • Moved mini Episodes above full Episodes
  • added small description to each playlist about the length of the vids in the playlists and other info (adds some detail to channel presentation)

Added channels to featured channels section -  This is located at top right of the ravage channel - (these are Utube channels with more then 1 vid of ravage gameplay)

Additions & Video relocation

• ARMA3 SRBIJA - BITKA ZA GORIVO                                  - moved to mini episodes
  • ARMA3 SRBIJA - OPASAN MRAK                                        - added to mini episodes
  • ARMA3 SRBIJA - OPKOLJEN MRTVIMA                               - moved to mini episodes
  • ARMA3 SRBIJA - OSPOSOBLJAVANJE GLISERA                 - added to mini episodes
  • ARMA3 SRBIJA - TANOA RAVAGE EP.1                                  - added to Full Episodes
  • ARMA3 SRBIJA - TANOA RAVAGE EP.2                                   - added to Full Episodes
  • HOMO HOMINI LUPUS Episode 1 Brothers in Arms                  - added to Full Episodes
  • Ravage - Hell Followed With Him - Ep.05                                    - added to Full Episodes
  • Ravage on Chernarus                                                                   - added to mini episodes
  • Ravage Tanoa let's play first person 3 hours almost unedited      - added to Full Episodes
  • Ravage on Tanoa                                                                          - moved to mini episodes
  • SUPRISE BANDIT ATTACK!! | Arma 3 Ravage mod                    - moved to Gameplay Previews
  • Arma 3 Ravage #1 [ไทย] ทำไมเธอถึงทำà¸à¸±à¸šà¸‰à¸±à¸™à¹„ด้                           - moved to Gameplay Previews

Channel Subs - 38 total subscribers -

Support Haleks and his mod, subscribe to Ravage utube channel and get weekly updates (new vids posted by the community!)

• Like 4

I am working on one as i type this, so keep ur eyes out

Due to a time restraint, i could not fully reply to the above question before but i will elaborate now.

With other members of Spartan Tactical, I am working on a sandbox style Ravage mission to be played on my server.

Mods will be minimal, but will contain scripts to make up the slack.

Keep an eye out on the server list, it should be up within the next 6-12 hrs

EDIT: If you want to help, feel free to pm me here or jump on our ts channel (ts.spartac.net) and have a chat.

I could use some help with scripting......

Something for the future. HE HE

• Like 5

Hey guys, is it Ravage, or Vanilla dev branch...?!? which makes me unable to move after being hit, pretty helpless, most actions like watching through scopes is not working etc. etc...

I like this behaviour.

Pic related:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/482274241065113298/0E9AE941A5AA8129D814F089C24C7F099B05874D/

Mods used today with a loooot of fun...

Can also recommend those:

@Discipline - less AI chatter

@bzly_UIcorrections - For me to get rid of the reload center icon. You now are not hinted.

@unit_sfx - AI make noises when hit/fall/die

EDIT : one option would be to import loadouts for your players from the virtual arsenal : all crucial items are available in there. After that, it's a matter of lootin' dead guys. ;)

Can I just find them in the arsenal? Or do I have to somehow script them in there? Couln't seem to find them anywhere ;/   (sometimes I'm a little retarded in these things)