I simply cant express myself how much i loved your mod, Too much words with joy, before i make myself sounds like a spam, can I ask will there be a camp or base building system soon in this mod?  

• Like 1

You know with the Dynamic atmosphere, environment of Ravage, being able to build a small base is an idea that can work, if you setup the modules right, you would still need to defend the base,

or anything that comes close to it,considering the bandits, and renegades that roam the land, what would be cool is an added option like rsoftokz had in his mission Roads

where their were bandit camps spread wherever.

im thinking instead of random bandits spawning wherever based on the player, have camps created in a location based on where you are and then the bandits,

renegade will come from there,if you wanted to make the area safe then locate and destroy the camp, a mission idea at least.

• Like 1

Help.. in single player altis map, game crash to desktop when I load previous save game, but in tanoa its working fine. no other mods used except CBA_A3.

Help.. in single player altis map, game crash to desktop when I load previous save game, but in tanoa its working fine. no other mods used except CBA_A3.

Try using the latest CBA which was released a day or two back ??

Try using the latest CBA which was released a day or two back ??

still not working.

Wal33d, is that a save you started before Ravage 1392? If that's the case I'm afraid your save won't be compatible : I had to change some variables and some other key stuff in the code. :/

EDITED TO REMOVE VIDEO... I am re-uploading the video. Had some minor tweaks that needed to be added for performance and better HD rendering. My new Ravage video will go live tonight.

• Like 5

Ok now a question about the accelerated time factor. I change it to something like 4,5 or even 20 but for some reason it never 'nights'.. :)

Wal33d, is that a save you started before Ravage 1392? If that's the case I'm afraid your save won't be compatible : I had to change some variables and some other key stuff in the code. :/

Oh thats sad to hear, i just made it to the traders on the Tanoa sample mission  :(

• Like 1

Oh thats sad to hear, i just made it to the traders on the Tanoa sample mission  :(

lol so much for bursting the bubble :P

Ok now a question about the accelerated time factor. I change it to something like 4,5 or even 20 but for some reason it never 'nights'.. :)

Check your watch or GPS (or just press "J") and check the ingame time : it should pass much faster than usual.

The important part is not the destination, it's the voyage to get there! ;)

• Like 3

Hello

- Nice features with the ability to take off gas mask to eat and drink, but can it be extended to take pills to ?

- I noticed that even if i'am far away from Town with radiation zone that is set up in the scenario, my character is affected.

- I know that trader system is WIP but if my weapon is in my backpack I can sell it several times, but if I equip it it will be sell once.

Thanks

• Like 1

@MisterOth : thanks for the reports, I'll take a look at those issues.

Although, regarding radiations, if you're refering to the Altis demo mission, the rad system will spawn additional random radioactive zones.

@MisterOth : thanks for the reports, I'll take a look at those issues.

Although, regarding radiations, if you're refering to the Altis demo mission, the rad system will spawn additional random radioactive zones.

Thank you

Yes about Altis demo, so can I set to one area for radiation or it will spawn additional random area to ?

Disable radiations in the survival module, and the hand-placed trigger ones will be the only ones left. ;)

• Like 1

Disable radiations in the survival module, and the hand-placed trigger ones will be the only ones left. ;)

Ohh thanks really, didn't know that

The important part is not the destination, it's the voyage to get there! ;)

Nice Star Trek Voyager reference. Thumbs up  ;)  B)

• Like 1

One question Haleks regarding protection from radiation - I was wondering what you think about introducing some protection suit with air supply like SEVA in STALKER? It would give a player total protection from radiation (say we must have rebreather along with it) but the tradeoff would be it would have no carrying capacity nor would the rebreather, making a player an easy kill for raiders? And the only loot would have to be carried inside the backpack?

Hello haleks, i've been a facing an issue on my Esseker mission regarding my supply drop mission,

once the helicopter unloads the cargo and creating a vehicle with a parachute class (classes like B_Parachute_02_FO_Parachute_02_FI_Parachute_02_F) attached to the cargo box the parachute gets cached like an empty vehicle does,

making the cargo (supply box) never reach the ground.It only reaches the ground if player is close or been teleported close the drop position.Is there anyway i could exclude the parachute from the caching function?

Would the setVariable ["owned", true] work in that case?

this is the corresponding arrays:

//Unloading the cargo
_ETG_Cargo attachTo [_ETG_Transport_Vehicle, [0, -15, -25] ];
_ETG_Cargo_Position = getPos _ETG_Cargo;
detach _ETG_Cargo;
_ETG_Parachute = "I_Parachute_02_F" createVehicle _ETG_Cargo_Position;    
_ETG_Parachute setPos _ETG_Cargo_Position;
_ETG_Cargo attachTo [_ETG_Parachute, [0, 0, -1.3] ];
_ETG_Parachute allowDamage true;

Thanks

One question Haleks regarding protection from radiation - I was wondering what you think about introducing some protection suit with air supply like SEVA in STALKER? It would give a player total protection from radiation (say we must have rebreather along with it) but the tradeoff would be it would have no carrying capacity nor would the rebreather, making a player an easy kill for raiders? And the only loot would have to be carried inside the backpack?

I think it's a good idea, but we would need to model a new uniform for that (none of the vanilla assets fits, IMO) - that's out of Ravage scope, currently. :/

Hello haleks, i've been a facing an issue on my Esseker mission regarding my supply drop mission,

once the helicopter unloads the cargo and creating a vehicle with a parachute class (classes like B_Parachute_02_FO_Parachute_02_FI_Parachute_02_F) attached to the cargo box the parachute gets cached like an empty vehicle does,

making the cargo (supply box) never reach the ground.It only reaches the ground if player is close or been teleported close the drop position.Is there anyway i could exclude the parachute from the caching function?

Would the setVariable ["owned", true] work in that case?

this is the corresponding arrays:

//Unloading the cargo
_ETG_Cargo attachTo [_ETG_Transport_Vehicle, [0, -15, -25] ];
_ETG_Cargo_Position = getPos _ETG_Cargo;
detach _ETG_Cargo;
_ETG_Parachute = "I_Parachute_02_F" createVehicle _ETG_Cargo_Position;    
_ETG_Parachute setPos _ETG_Cargo_Position;
_ETG_Cargo attachTo [_ETG_Parachute, [0, 0, -1.3] ];
_ETG_Parachute allowDamage true;

Thanks

I'm afraid you'll have to disable the vehicles caching system until I fix this on my end : there is no way to exclude specific vehicles from it at the moment.

It's something I'll have to improve for the next release; note that the vehicles caching system shouldn't be necessary, unless you have a ton of hand-placed vehicles on the map (vehicles spawned by the mod have their own virtualization system).

• Like 2

I've been working on a side project for Ravage.

Some weapon retextures to better fit in with a Ravaged World.

At this point, I'm limited but which ones are configured with Hidden Selections so I cant do a lot of the guns from the Alpha.

Apex is off until they are unlocked pbo's.

So I started with Marksman DLC.

So here we go and there are still some issues with a few of the textures.

MAR 10

20161004170033_1_zps3wnkxrpa.jpg

CYRUS

20161004170002_1_zpsfjvzoig8.jpg

NAVID

20161004165937_1_zpsrnit9xgg.jpg

ASP KIR

20161004170121_1_zps7jojzz20.jpg

SPMG

20161004170052_1_zpsn6qrq7ls.jpg

long term I will add

-decreased statistics for these so they are not as good as vanilla versions

-apex rifles

-other rifles if permission given from original authors (possibly, no specific plans here)

no timeline as of yet... more of a sneak preview to go with another one Haleks gave earlier today... hint... its not in this thread....

• Like 12

Awesome job so far Cosmic!

I think the Asp Kir is my favourite right now. ^^

• Like 2

I just reposted my latest Ravage video. I had some technical issues with the last upload.

Hoping to always improve, I'm actually looking for opinions on video quality. I have been making videos on youtube for about a year now. Have gone through several forms of evolution on rendering video. I have asked multiple people about this and what I am doing wrong, and I have gotten several suggestions from people on how to make the video quality better.

Every time I render a video to youtube, it always looks muddy/fuzzy at random times and in particular you can notice it in the grass when I play Arma 3. I always save the video to my PC first and it looks good on my PC. As soon as I upload it to youtube, I notice an obvious quality change. I have no idea what I can do to fix this. The most recent advice I was given, was to disable sampling on each clip. I did that, and noticed a slight improvement. I'm still getting fuzzy scenes, though.

I use Movie Studio 13 Platinum. Have a new custom build PC with an i-7 6770k and GTX 1070.

I have SO MUCH content that I want to release. I have to get a handle on this.

• Like 6

@donniepcgames....do you use either the sharpen filter in your video options or a third party injector like sweetfx?.....both of these things WILL screw up yer videos with that fuzz....100% personal experience guaranteed!

I use Shadowplay to record my content and make sure the Sharpen Filter is set to zero in my video options before recording, it's worth doing a couple of little tests to see the results.

• Like 1