May i ask what's the differences of the units called as "Persian" faction (blue,red,indep) units located on the Ambient AI module?

Also would be possible for the Friendly forces to be spawned as a group like the hostiles instead of individuals, without the option of having them recruited just for ambiance or for zombie town clearance.

Sir, no mod whatsoever.

Hello?? anyone?

Hello?? anyone?

As I said, I was unable to reproduce the issue; I can only suggest that you make sure that both Arma3 and CBA are up-to-date.

Check the game integrity via Steam while you're at it.

• Like 1

I created my first ever mission for Ravage and posted it on steam workshop...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=764343425

It's fairly simple, really, but good enough to introduce people to Ravage and get them playing on a base game map where they only need to download CBA, Ravage and JSRS. I plan to expand upon it and do a few versions with different maps. The basic concept is a mix of Ravage and playing Wasteland on the Stratis map. There are three factions (OPFOR, BLUFOR, IND) with only teams of two each. Zombies and AI bandits spawn on the map and you have to fight and survive. There is a scorecard for zombie, AI and player kills, which I think gives the game more long session appeal if you are playing PVP with friends. The idea is to play with six people and fight each other while maintaining supplies. This is not a player save long term style game. It is meant to be a PVP environment with zombies and loot.

• Like 3

Will try asap. 

I also have a question. Is Ravage compatible with Zombies and Demons?

Yes and no - Z&D, last time I checked, does not interfere with ravage. The zombies are scripted and generated completely independently of one another.

However, Z&D isn't supported, so you can't have those zombie types spawning instead of Ravage's, and if you try and place both types down on the map, they will attack each other. So "yes" as in it won't break your game to have them both running at the same time, but no because there's really no reason to have them both enabled at the same time.

Can confirm myself.

Gunter did you manage to solve the problem?

Hi, sorry no i didn't haven't been able to test since then, but as mentioned its probably due to having ACE running while playing.

I think Ravage still has the issue with ACE medical where when you heal yourself with bandages that you dont actually heal your wounds,

I could be wrong but I need to test again.

Hi, sorry no i didn't haven't been able to test since then, but as mentioned its probably due to having ACE running while playing.

I think Ravage still has the issue with ACE medical where when you heal yourself with bandages that you dont actually heal your wounds,

I haven't seen that issue. Only one I've seen is zombies don't do any damage. I'm going to try and do a work around with Z&D and remove Ravage zombie spawner and see if that works

The basic medical system from ACE should be working fine, but yeah, this mod can cause issues with SP saves as it was designed for MP only.

If you know what you're doing, use a minimal ACE mod-set, otherwise don't use it at all.

Anyway, ArmaMan360's problem seems to lie elsewhere, as he doesn't use additional mods. By the way, ArmaMan, wich mission is affected by your issue?

I haven't seen that issue. Only one I've seen is zombies don't do any damage. I'm going to try and do a work around with Z&D and remove Ravage zombie spawner and see if that works

This *should* be fixed after the update.

• Like 1

The basic medical system from ACE should be working fine, but yeah, this mod can cause issues with SP saves as it was designed for MP only.

If you know what you're doing, use a minimal ACE mod-set, otherwise don't use it at all.

Anyway, ArmaMan360's problem seems to lie elsewhere, as he doesn't use additional mods. By the way, ArmaMan, wich mission is affected by your issue?

This *should* be fixed after the update.

Yeah I just tested it with Z&D and it's the same issue, not recognised value to hit point damage/location, etc. Z&D is nice but so much more taxing on FPS since you have to hand place all the spawn areas. This was tested with both basic and advanced, I prefer advanced; everything seems to work just fine on both systems except zombie damage.

On a side note it would be nice to have the survival system without the health % and just have the status at the bottom( Healthy/Mostly Healthy/Weak/Suffering/Terminal, etc.) Specially if that could also be tied into your overall health with ACE

@akafugitive

Please dont quote me when my post is above yours, i know what i said, Ideally the only time you should quote someone is like what Haleks did when your replying

to someone's post and it is 2 or more above the original post, or quoting something specific in what they said, oterwise just reply to what the person said when their post is above yours.

Just a forum tip for you.

As for replying to what you had said in reply to me:

I haven't seen that issue. Only one I've seen is zombies don't do any damage. I'm going to try and do a work around with Z&D

I think your issue is with Z&D, as in general the mod im building for Ravage has a ton of gameplay mods and the zombies in Ravage work fine for me, and thats in sp.

As for Ravage overall my issue is going to be the fact that my mod will need to be compatible with Ravage, and mainly the core tenants of Ravage

such as the survival components, zombies, damage from them, and health changes based on thirst, hunger, as well as the loot, and the module functions dont get broke,

so its a matter of testing and crossing off the list of what works np and what map and is conflicting, thats always been the challenge with my WarMods over the years,

my COWarMod for Arma2CO was the worst for that with that mod having 230+ addons and mods in it, why it took me 6 months to build.

I plan to create a WIP thread soon for the mod btw just letting you guys know I been so busy this past week working on a vid for Ragnarok'44, and trying to get it working again for Arma3

as well as my IFA3WarMod which has issues.

Btw too, I have recorded a little footage Haleks for the Ravage Intro for the utube channel, but haven't done nothing with it from there more work needs to be done yet, I'm not really

a video maker using all kinds of special effects or , graphics ect,. but the intro is going to be a combination of clips, and something else i been pondering on how im going to do it without

breaking the whole feel of the vid, in the meantime look out for my WIP thread for RavWarMod which will be posted soon this weekend ;)

Also the Ravage utube channel has 23 subscribers, I'd figure their would be more people then 23 that are into Ravage so, come on people subscribe, your supporting Haleks and the mod!

We need more vids for the channel too, so if someone has a vid i can add send me a link!

• Like 2

Didn't really need the lesson in how to forum like a pro... but as for reason; I personally prefer to be quoted when someone responds to me so I get an email notification to check back. To each their own I guess, I just haven't had anything else to post about in these forums prior to this, I'm used to posts getting buried in a matter of 5 min.

I wasn't using Z&D prior, just thought I would give it a go to see if ACE understands their damage source but it doesn't, must have been a recent update to ACE that changed some of the script writing to the changed system since APEX released. It was working with ACE last week when I played last but not anymore, same issue with Z&D also too. Like haleks said seems like it just needs an update. I have noticed this true in every other mission though too, zombies don't attack you or don't do damage

I took some time and went through the ACE medical functions since the recent error reports : the error is reported from one of their functions (and it's a weird one too).

I'm not sure what exactly has been updated, but the way advanced damages are called doesn't seem to have changed; I'm not sure what I could do on my end. It's probably worth reporting this one to ACE team.

I personally prefer to be quoted when someone responds to me so I get an email notification to check back.

Makes sense having it setup that way for you then,me im here everyday, sometimes 5-10 times a day, more so on the weekends,

as i come here to research too, plus talking with other modders about various things for my own mods, and misc projects through pm.

For ace sometimes i just take out the ace medical then the medial aspect works np, i really hate when you get hit a couple of times by a zombie and

your hurting and you cant find a health pack anywhere, but of course thats a matter of module settings too.

We need more vids for the channel too, so if someone has a vid i can add send me a link!

I posted episode three of the Ravage series this week...

• Like 4

Awesome! Now added under full episodes!

Should help get you more views on your vids too being on a compiled channel like this.

Awesome! Now added under full episodes!

Should help get you more views on your vids too being on a compiled channel like this.

Thank you! I really appreciate that you made the channel. I love the Ravage mod. Can't wait to see what else comes out with it.

• Like 2

Welcome, you can only expect some great stuff from Halek's, and im sure the more the mod gains features, and functions theres bound to be a more variety of mission types and new fans.

Hi,

just played the ravage modules in MP with a few friends and we had a lot of fun! It is such a great experience now everything works in MP too!

I was wondering if it is somehow possible to set up a template of ravage, with players and all the modules you want. Export it and then just rewrite it like in DUWS where you just change the folder name of the mission from for example My_Ravage_Template.altis to My_Ravage_Template.chernarus and it will just work on chernarus. Is this possible?

Can I build it myself somehow? I am not a good scripter or anything.

Regards

I took some time and went through the ACE medical functions since the recent error reports : the error is reported from one of their functions (and it's a weird one too).

I'm not sure what exactly has been updated, but the way advanced damages are called doesn't seem to have changed; I'm not sure what I could do on my end. It's probably worth reporting this one to ACE team.

Yeah from what I was able to see in the error reports it seems like the hit and the body part is still registered. Something to do with hit point damage not a value but I couldn't really make heads or tails of it. I will talk to the ACE team, thanks haleks.

For ace sometimes i just take out the ace medical then the medial aspect works np, i really hate when you get hit a couple of times by a zombie and

your hurting and you cant find a health pack anywhere, but of course thats a matter of module settings too.

Looks like I may have to remove medical for now to get it to function properly, just sucks for the mission I built. The slower death that is more crippling from ACE works better since I don't use a normal respawn. Keep your guys alive and get them back for medical care or fail the mission, your only option for respawn is finding other survivors

Is there anyway to use your zombie spawner module but have it spawn Ryan zombies instead?

I like how simple your spawners are (ambient zombies and hordes etc) but I like the options available in the other zombie mod.

Could there be a drop-down option maybe to choose the different types available etc?

Thanks

Ps also is there anyway to add a few other items to the loot pool? I'm trying to find a way to loot wooden planks, hammer and nails etc for boarding up windows etc.

Anyone got this working already?

Is there anyway to use your zombie spawner module but have it spawn Ryan zombies instead?

I like how simple your spawners are (ambient zombies and hordes etc) but I like the options available in the other zombie mod.

Could there be a drop-down option maybe to choose the different types available etc?

Thanks

Ps also is there anyway to add a few other items to the loot pool? I'm trying to find a way to loot wooden planks, hammer and nails etc for boarding up windows etc.

Thanks

Its already been stated many times on this post that is not possible with Ryan Zombies

Hello

i played your mod for about 2 days, then got the bright ide of creating my own mission, so i have spent about one month trying to learn how to do some light scripting.

But i got two issues that have halted my progress.

- in the ravage mod you dont have any acess to the Ai:s backpack which really frustrated me when i manage my ai comrades. Do you have line of code that i can type in too the init.sqf which would enable it?

-The second thing is that i try to add some more ambient zombies in the woods, that would make the jungle of tanoa a bit more dangerous. But i cant get my script to spawn zombies and i have no problem spawning vanila vehicles or units with the script, and i tried to seach through the pbo and your sqf files for the Classnames.

0= [] spawn {    // while{true}     for '_i' from 0 to 2    do     {    _spawnPos = [player, 300, (RANDOM 360)] call BIS_fnc_relPos;    _spawnPos = [_spawnPos, 1, 150, 3, 0, 20, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;    _grp      = [_spawnPos, EAST, 10,(configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "zombie")] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;    _wp       = _grp addWaypoint [position player, 0];    sleep 5;    };};

This is the code i wil base the script on, will modify it when i can spawn some zombies.

Btw i am a noob at scripting in general

Idea!

Was watching the Walking Dead Series on Netflix to get my mind in the Ravage mode for working on my mod :D

and i had this idea, in the series if you ever watched it, when people die (non head wounds/decapitation) they eventually "turn" and become a zombie.

Heres where my idea comes in, what if we made it so that when you kill a bandit, or any persons alive and roaming that

in a certain amount of time after they are dead lets say 60sec, that they get up and start roaming as another zombie.

Some points on this:

1. If there is already a number of zeds roaming that are at their max in terms of the numbers spawn based on your settings for the zombie module, then remove 1 already roaming zed and

count this new zed to be part of the max number for fps reasons, although this might break immersion if its there if your playing and running or shooting zeds and 1 disappears

for the sake of the dead bandit you shot a min earlier.

2.  An added issue is equipment, weapons ect,. would need to be either saved or dropped, or remain on the new zed and in order to get them (loot) you would need to rekill the zed

• Like 3