I'm still mostly interested in AI doing the same loot business as players (search for loot -> i.e. entering houses). Is this a hard task? If you distribute waypoints into houses, they do not simply enter it?

Entering houses is just too safe... Anyway, thanks for the welcome changes!

• Like 1

Welcome, was an inspired brainstorm I had when viewing a ton of pics of abandoned places, houses, ect,.

Hmm i see, ya we dont want to lose performance, maybe have the overgrowth spawn and cache, so lets say you are approaching a city, or small town, even a village,

or maybe a small farm, you could have it where that area would spawn randomly vegetation and then despawn in at a certain distance after the player leaves the area,

idk if there is some command or something where the mod can detect the player approaching an area then spawn in the vegetation, a trigger maybe.

You could do little stuff like this---> http://i.imgur.com/6aWS57H.jpg?1%C2%A0 (from Dayz)

As for like overgrowth on sides of building, like vines, maybe a texture can spawn randomly on sides of buildings in certain areas, idk just a thought.

Ever consider random graffiti, that would add to the atmosphere of building that the place was abandoned like this for example:

http://www.bt-images.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Gary-India.jpg

I meant customizing the ones that already spawn.

Doing the vegetation stuff without some sort of caching system was never an option. :)

But even with a limited range, the FPS hit is way too heavy : spawned objects seem to be handled differently than terrain objects by the engine. Esseker for instance has a lot of vegetation and it plays quite smoothly; trying to reproduce this by way of scripting on other maps seems very difficult, but I ain't giving up on the idea.

The texture idea sounds great though, it's something I'll investigate for future versions.

Gotcha for the custom units : sadly the modules don't offer a lot of control other this. Although it is possible with a bit of scripting; I'll provide a demo mission with script templates for this, as soon as I can. ^^

I'm still mostly interested in AI doing the same loot business as players (search for loot -> i.e. entering houses). Is this a hard task? I.e., if you distribute waypoints in houses, they do not simply enter it?

Working on it right now!

• Like 2

Would be awesome to collaborate on a map specially designed for ravage...

• Like 3

Would be awesome to collaborate on a map specially designed for ravage...

I hear ya!

A first good step would be proper ravaged versions of Altis and Stratis; eventually we could get rid of the buildings replacement configs and improve compatibility with stock content and other addons or scenarios.

Having both an intact and ravaged versions of Altis (or Tanoa) would be awesome for story-telling and campaigns!

EDIT : Oh boy, I just imagined Tanoa completely overtaken by the jungle. bave.png

• Like 1

Definately... but I won't lie... I was thinking scratch built lol...

Building a map is something I would love to try one day...
Of course I would likely end up with mine craft and not something like say Bamburgh which is obviously being made by talented mapmakers / modders

I think being able to use some of EOs sounds in areas specifically made for the apocalypse would be awesome...
I'm not sure if over vegetation would be easier in the actual map would be easier and more fps friendly

Edit- I've done some testing with the respawn backpacks and they work well. Need to test on dedi with the guys.
When u wear it you can't put anything in it because it has the tent etc in it. Gives the player wearing an addaction to deploy tent and that location becomes new spawn location.

Cool because you can't just carry around a ton of stuff and person carrying it will be lower on loot and ammo. I think that makes for some consequence to the function which is awesome. But you can also disassemble and take it with you... choices choices lol

• Like 3

Ease up on the great ideas guys......i'm running outta likes.  :lol:

I just posted my 2nd Ravage video on youtube. This one is only 26 minutes long, as opposed to the hour long first episode. Thought it would be better to shorten each episode.

• Like 3

Any idea why the AI module doesn't spawn UAV dudes on the Esseker terrain?

I just posted my 2nd Ravage video on youtube. This one is only 26 minutes long, as opposed to the hour long first episode. Thought it would be better to shorten each episode.

Another great video from you guys, I really enjoy seeing the mod in action in new scenarios (thanks to Comrade Commissar for making such an interesting mission)!

Keep them coming! ;)

(Close call around 14:00 by the way!)

Any idea why the AI module doesn't spawn UAV dudes on the Esseker terrain?

Nope. :/

I'll have to investigate this...

I'm still mostly interested in AI doing the same loot business as players (search for loot -> i.e. entering houses). Is this a hard task? If you distribute waypoints into houses, they do not simply enter it?

Do you mean having your teammates do your looting while you are smoking outside ? ;) Or having bandits loot houses? I imagine they will fill their inventories after half a dozen houses, and I am not sure that they even exist outside of a bubble around the player. This may be a waste of coding resources. Now I wouldn't mind seeing more Zeds inside houses. They sometimes appear inside sheds in the countryside by what looks more like a placement bug rather than something intended, and I don't remember any inside houses in cities. Could be fun. As well as finding bandits hiding inside houses, not necessarily looting, but just staying there keeping us on our toes.

Ease up on the great ideas guys......i'm running outta likes.  :lol:

:D Ideas are good for haleks, less he has to come up with himself, just a matter of getting them ingame if its possible and best for performance.

Few Awesome scripts maybe you guys know about to create that devastated, ruined, destroyed and well apocalypse feel in your missions

Meteors---> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30935

Nuke---> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30816

Fire---> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30780

Thunder/lightening script for that spooky night---> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31036

Volcano---> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31005

Tornado and storms---> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31557

@donniepcgames

Will post it on the Ravage channel, thanks!

• Like 3

@neofit.....I believe tortuosit's idea is for bandit AI to "simulate" looting simply by entering and searching buildings as they patrol, it's a great idea and will make bandit behaviour much more "lifelike"...."a waste of coding resources"?....not for me.....let the AI search buildings, let your mind believe they are looting.

Played a fair few A2 OA missions with TRexian's awesome building search script, I believe this behaviour is what tortuoist is after.......if i'm wrong...sue me.  :lol:

• Like 2

Update - Ravage Utube channel

• Added new videos, most recent one posted on the thread here, others i found on Evil Organ's channel srry man forgot to look at your vids on your channel for Ravage but they are there now
  • Updated all playlists order settings based on when the vids were published so when a new video is added it shows at the top of the list with latest date, will also show on the channel home page too
  • Currently we have 15 subscribers since Sunday! Show your support and interest in Ravage and subscribe!

All for now.

• Like 2

@neofit.....I believe tortuosit's idea is for bandit AI to "simulate" looting simply by entering and searching buildings as they patrol, it's a great idea and will make bandit behaviour much more "lifelike"...

I'm going for something similar; I have a basic function working already, although chances for players to witness this might be thin.

We'll see how the testing goes, and it will probably need some tweaking, but the function will be there (and lightweight).

• Like 3

Played a fair few A2 OA missions with TRexian's awesome building search script

Lovely. Yes what I meant was that hostile AI should enter buildings just like players do, in order to imitate their looting behaviour. Currently we can enter buildings safely. Also Neofit is right, Zombies entering buildings would also be nice.

"a waste of coding resources"?....not for me.....let the AI search buildings, let your mind believe they are looting.

I probably didn't express myself clearly. I do want bandits and zeds to enter buildings and/or spawn in there. By "waste of resources" I meant if one programs them to do any actual looting. On the one hand this may add pressure to the players, "oh noes they are stealing my loot". On the other: 1. they will fill their inventories very quickly; 2. I will kill them anyway, whether they looted  a building before me or not.

Hi. Nice job, incredible job with that mod. Its really easy to make a survival scenario placing modules, and easy persistence without breaking my brain with complex scripts. We are going to use it on my clan usually.

How can i make blacklist of markers where i dont want to spawn zombies or loot?. Im creating an scenario at tanoa with some comunities along the map and i would like to be sure are free of zombies or enemies.  

Its possible to add some items, for example ace medical items to loot as vital items?

HC?? if i place an HC ravage transfer auto AI to HC? (it would be nice, more zombies same performance)

Other think would be nice is graffity, a good base to make this work is bohemia posters module. I try to find on arma 3 files to know how it works.

Dont%20Open%20Dead%20Inside.jpg

Many thanks for all work in this addon.

• Like 1

Hi. Nice job, incredible job with that mod. Its really easy to make a survival scenario placing modules, and easy persistence without breaking my brain with complex scripts. We are going to use it on my clan usually.

How can i make blacklist of markers where i dont want to spawn zombies or loot?. Im creating an scenario at tanoa with some comunities along the map and i would like to be sure are free of zombies or enemies.  

Its possible to add some items, for example ace medical items to loot as vital items?

HC?? if i place an HC ravage transfer auto AI to HC? (it would be nice, more zombies same performance)

Other think would be nice is graffity, a good base to make this work is bohemia posters module. I try to find on arma 3 files to know how it works.

Dont%20Open%20Dead%20Inside.jpg

Many thanks for all work in this addon.

Hi Sanchez!

Currently it's not possible to use markers as blacklist zones (although it would be a usefull feature, that's something I'll try to add eventually); the only blacklist system available in Ravage currently is the Zombie Blacklist module : you can place any number of them, each with its own parameters. AI and loot can't be paused or "blacklisted" at the moment, but yeah that's an option that's going to be needed; I'll work on this soon.

Regarding ACE, any FAK you pick up will be converted into ACE items. It's enough for the basic medical system, but I have yet to add the ones required by the advanced system... I'll need to make sure the advanced system doesn't conflict with Ravage before adding them though.

HC isn't supported currently; but as said earlier, it's something I want to work on soon, maybe for Ravage v1.4 ;)

The graffity idea has also been suggested recently, it's under consideration.

I hope you guys will have fun with Ravage! The next update is right around the corner by the way, and it will improve mission-making a lot : I've tweaked most of the AI spawn processes to be more reliable, added more options to various modules and fixed a ton of more or less critical errors. I think Zeus users especially will be pleased with Ravage v1.39. :)

• Like 5

The next update is right around the corner by the way

Take your time, I'll be patient. For a minute or so...
  • Like 1

For some reason, none of the RHS grenades are working for me with Ravage loaded. They don't even show up as an option to throw.

For some reason, none of the RHS grenades are working for me with Ravage loaded. They don't even show up as an option to throw.

Damn, yes it's something that was spotted during internal tests : Ravage may conflict with grenades from third-party addons.

Configuring grenades is a pain in the ass currently, but I'll make sure to fix this - if not for v1.39, v1.4 shall be the end of those issues.

• Like 2

Damn, yes it's something that was spotted during internal tests : Ravage may conflict with grenades from third-party addons.

Configuring grenades is a pain in the ass currently, but I'll make sure to fix this - if not for v1.39, v1.4 shall be the end of those issues.

Cool, thanks.

I forgot about this mod. Could someone help me out. I'am looking for a radiation script. A guy on steam has posted this. But I can' get it working.

_player = player;
_RadiationZone = getMarkerPos "RadiationZone";
_Size = 500;
_Delay = 2.5;

while {true} do
{
waitUntil {Goggles _player != "YourGasMask" && _player distance _RadiationZone < _Size};
_damage = damage _player;
_player setDamage (_damage + 0.02);
playSound "YourSound";
sleep _Delay;
};

And then he also posted this. Which was more confusing.

you can also change 

while {true} do

to

while {alive _player} do

but you'll need to execute the script each time the player respawns
so in the end it would look like this.

iGame_fnc_Radiation =
{
_player = player;
_RadiationZone = getMarkerPos "RadiationZone";
_Size = 500;
_Delay = 2.5;

while {alive _player} do
{
waitUntil {Goggles _player != "YourGasMask" && _player distance _RadiationZone < _Size};
_damage = damage _player;
_player setDamage (_damage + 0.02);
playSound "YourSound";
sleep _Delay;
};
};
[] spawn iGame_fnc_Radiation;
player addEventHandler ["Respawn",{ [] spawn iGame_fnc_Radiation; }];

This may have been addressed elsewhere and if so I apologize, but are there any plans to implement any kind of basebuilding system in Ravage? Or are there any mods that are compatible with it? I have heard about i-build but I'm not completely sure how well it works.

Can you add some songs of the Fallout's Exsistence Radio 2.0 music mod? they certainly add some great ambience to your gameplay.

Some samples can be found here: