Thanks for the video, donniepcgames. I think the sound is removed currently... Hey and please consider doing 1st person view footage :D

Thanks for the video, donniepcgames. I think the sound is removed currently... Hey and please consider doing 1st person view footage :D

Sorry about the audio. I'm new to doing videos, have only been doing this since December. After I uploaded the video I was playing around with some audio tweaks and accidentally set something wrong. I reverted it back and fixed it. I have some plans to do more videos soon. I am looking at different options for what to do. I really had fun doing this one. The mission was really good.

I'm not opposed to first person only, but I kind of enjoy switching back and forth. Do you think first person would add more immersion to the story? I might try that.

I've been playing the heck out of Escape lately and would love to see Escape in Ravage! That would be completely nuts like the living dead movies trying to get the heck out of the infestation. Please share the mission so we lads can join up with you guys.

Do you think first person would add more immersion to the story? I might try that.

Yes I think so, but there are different opinions on this. For your player character it would probably more risky at least...

Hello everyone. I'm brand new to the forums. I have been reading and following here for a long time but have never posted. I have been playing "Ravage" in various forms for about a year now. I recently used "The Escape" mission from Tanoa based on the Ravage framework and made a video game movie documenting the process. I wanted to share it with Haleks and anyone who is interested in it.

I'm new to gaming videos, have only been doing this since December of last year. This is my first full length gaming film. I really hope you guys like it. I gave Haleks full credit for the mod in the description, as well as the guys who did "the Escape" mission.

Here is the link on youtube...

I'm watching it right now, really great video! Good gameplay, good chaps; it's truly a pleasure to see people having a fun time with the mod. ;)

Keep them coming guys!

And I would agree with Tortuosit about 1st person : Arma3 animations can look a bit derp at times, not to mention that the extern camera position could be better (I never play without Deadfast's 3rd person mod).

Dslyecxi made an excellent video on the matter some time ago :

Anyway, back to watchin' it, I wanna know if you guys did manage to escape! ^^

EDIT : Some quotes & highlights I liked :

"Aah! I'm drinking cold coffee!"

"Somebody's teabagging me. Or am I teabagging somebody?"

"Nothing like a good meal before slaughtering, right?"

The 37th minute...

*Hysterical laughts at the 59th minute*

EDIT² : Don't hesitate to share your video in the dedicated topic as well! https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/183918-arma3-video-thread/

Never hurts to spread the contagion. :D

• Like 1

Hey Haleks, a few questions regarding using your modules in an already built mission. I'm trying to add some survival aspects to a mission I'm working on and I have some experience with using Ravage but have a couple questions.

You talk about Ravage removing light sources and such, but all I'm interested in from Ravage is only the survival and loot spawn aspects. Would tossing in your survival and loot modules cause the other effects of Ravage that aren't necessarily tied to a module to kick in (ambient light disabling for example)?

I'm trying to use old weapons and gear so I have IFA3 in my game and I was hoping to make it so I can add the gear and weapons from that mod to come up like CUP/RHS/Thai Warfare items do when you enable them in the module? I'm guessing the only real way for this would be to go into the script and actually edit out vanilla items I don't want to spawn and add the WW2 items I do want? Hopefully there's another way to do this easier? I don't really want anything vanilla in terms of gear/weapons spawning. I know I can use All the Weapons mod, but I think that only works on units holding vanilla weapons (I know for sure vanilla gear stays vanilla), but it doesn't quite address all of my issues.

Thanks

Sadly, the light sources modification relies on config changes - it's not possible to make it optionnal at the moment. An alternative could be playing on Arma2 terrains, since Ravage only deals with Arma3 stuff for now it won't disable lights on those maps.

Regarding custom loot lists : I know that a lot of you guys would like more control over it (especially since the Apex items aren't completely filtered out for those who don't own the DLC), but the module interface has its limits. It is possible to add dedicated parameters, but that would most likely become a cluster-fuck given the amount of items to handle.

What I'll probably do instead, is to provide a template with the mod, including various script examples to override this or that feature... It will be much easier to use than the modules for that kind of thing.

• Like 1

Yeah after some testing I noticed any arma 3 lights were disable just my activating the mod into my list. Unfortunately the best maps use both A2 and A3 assets and tend to have A3 lights. It's not a huge deal since Arma 2 lights aren't touched yet, I was actually thinking about making this take place on Chernarus anyways. Side question for anyone, as I'm not at my computer right now, does Chernarus have a lot more enterable buildings than it did in A2? I liked the map, but survival missions seemed like a recipe for disaster on that map since there were hardly any interiors.

As for adding items to the current build, I was looking around your PBO and I'm pretty sure if I just unpack the pbo and add in the items to the loot table it should work? I'm also trying to remove almost anything vanilla too, so this might be the best way for me.

does Chernarus have a lot more enterable buildings than it did in A2?

It is the ArmA 2 Chernarus - there isn't an updated ArmA 3 version. Over in the DayZ standalone, they're using Chernarus+ which is an updated version with a lot more enterable buildings. I don't think anyone's tried converting that over to ArmA 3 (and it would likely be difficult and buggy).

• Like 1

it would likely be difficult and buggy).

As Kodabar said, a difficult and same time a buggy workaround is that you have to use this kind of a script for Chernarus which will scan for all the default ArmA 2 buildings and convert them to ArmA 3 buildings, which Ravage framework supports by default for spawning your loot.

FFA_CLOSEHOUSE = ["Land_HouseV_2L","Land_HouseV_3I3","Land_HouseV_3I1","Land_HouseV_3I4","Land_HouseV_3I2","Land_HouseV_1L1","Land_houseV_2T1","Land_houseV_2T2","Land_HouseV_1T","Land_HouseV2_03B","Land_HouseV2_03","Land_HouseV2_01A","Land_HouseV2_01B","Land_HouseV2_02_Interier","Land_HouseV2_04_interier","Land_HouseV2_05","Land_Church_02","Land_Church_02a","Land_Church_01","Land_Ind_SawMill","Land_Ind_Workshop01_03","Land_HouseV_1I2","Land_HouseV_1I1","Land_SignB_Pub_CZ3","Land_Shed_W4","Land_HouseV_1I3","Land_HouseV_1L2","Land_Misc_WaterStation","Land_Farm_WTower","Land_HouseV_2I","Land_Mil_Barracks_L","Land_Mil_Barracks","Land_Mil_House","Land_A_Office02","Land_Tec","Land_Shed_W02","Land_Shed_W03","Land_SignB_Pub_RU3","Land_Sign_Bar_RU","Land_SignB_PostOffice","Land_Mil_Guardhouse","Land_Komin"];

_godModeBuildings = false; // set true if you want to make these replacement buildings have god mode. 

if (isServer) then 
{
	/* Objects & Buildings to Delete */
	_dmdDeleteThis=[["Land_SignB_Pub_CZ3","Land_SignB_Pub_RU3","Land_Sign_Bar_RU","Land_SignB_PostOffice","Land_Tec"],[""]];
	/* Buildings to Replace */
	_dmdRep0001=[["Land_HouseV_1I2"],["Land_i_Stone_Shed_V3_F"]];
	_dmdRep0002=[["Land_Ind_SawMill"],["Land_dp_mainFactory_F"]];
	_dmdRep0003=[["Land_HouseV_1I1"],["Land_i_House_Small_02_V1_F"]];
	_dmdRep0005=[["Land_Shed_W4"],["Land_Slum_House03_F"]];
	//_dmdRep0006=[["Land_HouseV_1I3"],["Land_i_House_Small_03_V1_dam_f"]];
	_dmdRep0006=[["Land_HouseV_1I3"],["Land_i_House_Small_03_V1_F"]];
	_dmdRep0007=[["Land_HouseV_1L2"],["Land_i_House_Big_02_V1_F"]];
	_dmdRep0008=[["Land_Misc_WaterStation"],["Land_ReservoirTank_V1_F"]];
	_dmdRep0009=[["Land_Farm_WTower"],["Land_R_Minaret"]];
	_dmdRep0010=[["Land_HouseV_2I"],["Land_i_House_Big_01_V3_F"]];
	_dmdRep0011=[["Land_Mil_Barracks_L"],["Land_Cargo_HQ_V1_F"]];
	_dmdRep0012=[["Land_Mil_Barracks"],["Land_Unfinished_building_01_F"]];
	_dmdRep0013=[["Land_Mil_House"],["Land_MilOffices_V1_F"]];
	_dmdRep0014=[["Land_A_Office02"],["Land_Offices_01_V1_F"]];
	_dmdRep0015=[["Land_Ind_Workshop01_03"],["Land_Ind_Workshop01_04"]];	
	_dmdRep0016=[["Land_Shed_W02"],["Land_Slum_House01_F"]];
	_dmdRep0017=[["Land_Shed_W03"],["Land_cargo_house_slum_F"]];
	_dmdRep0018=[["Land_HouseV_3I3"],["Land_i_Shop_01_V1_F"]];
	_dmdRep0019=[["Land_HouseV_3I1"],["Land_i_Shop_01_V2_F"]];
	_dmdRep0020=[["Land_HouseV_3I4"],["Land_i_Shop_02_V1_F"]];
	_dmdRep0021=[["Land_HouseV_3I2"],["Land_i_Shop_02_V3_F"]];
	_dmdRep0022=[["Land_HouseV_1L1"],["Land_i_Stone_HouseBig_V2_F"]];	
	_dmdRep0023=[["Land_houseV_2T1"],["Land_i_Stone_HouseBig_V3_F"]];
	_dmdRep0024=[["Land_houseV_2T2"],["Land_i_Stone_HouseSmall_V1_F"]];	
	_dmdRep0025=[["Land_HouseV_1T"],["Land_i_Stone_HouseSmall_V1_F"]];	
	_dmdRep0026=[["Land_HouseV_2L"],["Land_i_Stone_Shed_V1_dam_F"]];	
	_dmdRep0027=[["Land_HouseV2_03B"],["Land_i_Stone_HouseSmall_V3_F"]];
	_dmdRep0028=[["Land_HouseV2_01A"],["Land_d_House_Big_02_V1_F"]];
	_dmdRep0029=[["Land_HouseV2_01B"],["Land_i_House_Small_01_V3_F"]];	
	_dmdRep0030=[["Land_HouseV2_03"],["Land_i_House_Big_01_V3_F"]];	
	_dmdRep0031=[["Land_HouseV2_02_Interier"],["Land_i_House_Big_02_V2_dam_F"]];
	_dmdRep0032=[["Land_HouseV2_04_interier"],["Land_i_Shop_01_V3_dam_F"]];
	_dmdRep0033=[["Land_HouseV2_05"],["Land_u_Shop_01_V1_F"]];	
	_dmdRep0034=[["Land_Church_02","Land_Church_02a","Land_Church_01"],["Land_Chapel_V1_F"]];
	_dmdRep0035=[["Land_Mil_Guardhouse"],["Land_Cargo_Tower_V1_No5_F"]];
	_dmdRep0036=[["Land_Komin"],["Land_ReservoirTower_F"]];

_FFA_LHOUSEV=[];
	_FFA_HOUSES=[];

if (worldName == "chernarus") then 
	{ 
 		_FFA_LHOUSEV=nearestObjects [getArray(configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "centerPosition"),["house"],15000];
		for "_i" from 0 to (count _FFA_LHOUSEV)-1 do
		{
			_housev=_FFA_LHOUSEV select _i;
			if ((typeof _housev) in FFA_CLOSEHOUSE) then 
			{
				_FFA_HOUSES set [count _FFA_HOUSES,_housev];
			};
		};

for "_i" from 0 to (count _FFA_HOUSES)-1 do
		{
			_nBuilding =_FFA_HOUSES select _i;
			_dirVector = vectorDir _nBuilding;
			_objVector = vectorUp _nBuilding;
			_pos = ASLtoATL getPosASL _nBuilding;
			_nBuilding hideObject true;
			deleteVehicle _nBuilding;

_type="";
			call{
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdDeleteThis select 0)) exitwith {_type="";};

if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0001 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0001 select 1) select 0;};
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0002 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0002 select 1) select 0;};
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0003 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0003 select 1) select 0;};
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0005 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0005 select 1) select 0;};
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0006 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0006 select 1) select 0;};
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0007 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0007 select 1) select 0;};
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0008 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0008 select 1) select 0;};
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0009 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0009 select 1) select 0;};
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0010 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0010 select 1) select 0;};
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0011 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0011 select 1) select 0;};
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0012 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0012 select 1) select 0;};
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0013 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0013 select 1) select 0;};
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0014 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0014 select 1) select 0;};				
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0016 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0016 select 1) select 0;};
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0017 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0017 select 1) select 0;};
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0018 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0018 select 1) select 0;};
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0019 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0019 select 1) select 0;};
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0020 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0020 select 1) select 0;};
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0021 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0021 select 1) select 0;};
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0022 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0022 select 1) select 0;};				
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0023 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0023 select 1) select 0;};
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0024 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0024 select 1) select 0;};				
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0025 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0025 select 1) select 0;};				
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0026 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0026 select 1) select 0;};				
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0027 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0027 select 1) select 0;};
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0028 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0028 select 1) select 0;};
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0029 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0029 select 1) select 0;};
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0030 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0030 select 1) select 0;};
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0031 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0031 select 1) select 0;};
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0032 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0032 select 1) select 0;};
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0033 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0033 select 1) select 0;};				
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0034 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0034 select 1) select 0;};
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0035 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0035 select 1) select 0;};
				if ((typeof _nBuilding) in (_dmdRep0036 select 0)) exitwith {_type=(_dmdRep0036 select 1) select 0;};
			};
			_house = createVehicle [_type, _pos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
			_house setVectorDirAndUp [ _dirVector, _objVector];

if (_godModeBuildings) then {_house addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {false}];};
		};
	};
};

if(!isServer || local player)then
{
	waitUntil{(player==player)};
	waitUntil{alive player};
	waitUntil{local player};
 	if (worldName == "chernarus") then 
	{ 
		_FFA_CHOUSEV=[];
		_FFA_CHOUSEV=nearestObjects [getArray(configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "centerPosition"),["house"],15000];
		for "_i" from 0 to (count _FFA_CHOUSEV)-1 do
		{
			_housev=_FFA_CHOUSEV select _i;
			if ((typeof _housev) in FFA_CLOSEHOUSE) then 
			{
				_housev hideObject true;
				deleteVehicle _housev;
			};
		};
	};
}; 

and simply call it like: 

null = execVM "buildingReplacement.sqf";

Chernarus+ is another story, if they find a workaround on importing the 0.60 version of the map on ArmA 3 then i would suggest you go for it.The map looks amazing,it would be something that i would like to make myself too.

• Like 1

I'm not going to convert the buildings, that seems like it's prone to all kinds of anomalies, thank you though. Plus I'm sure the Mediterranean styled stuff looks off in the Chernarus setting.

I've been playing the heck out of Escape lately and would love to see Escape in Ravage! That would be completely nuts like the living dead movies trying to get the heck out of the infestation. Please share the mission so we lads can join up with you guys.

I will add an official MP mission to Ravage (hopefully before 2017!). And I'm thinking about actually going nuts with some of the features...

Wich leads me to a small feedback request :

Currently, Ravage distributes the AI calculations for zombies to all clients; basically, each client/player can spawn zombies, and said zombies will be handled by their computer exclusively until disconnection (in wich case the server takes it over).

This method gave good results during the early tests, and from what I can see on youtube, it seems to be solid at the moment.

Question is : are you satisfied with the current performances regarding zombies at the moment, or would you like more options for this (dedicated + headless clients)?

Reason I ask : the MP structure was made while I was pretty much discovering MP-scripting. While it already gives good performances, I'm thinking more could be done regarding MP-implementation.

Do you guys use headless set-ups a lot? How big a performance gain do you usually get with it in AI/script-heavy scenarios?

• Like 1

You can try the one from the video.

It was released with 1.37. Ravage Escape in the missions forum.

@donnie

Great vid man. Really enjoyed watching you guys play. I can see a few things that could use fixing... only got 30 mins in buy will watch the rest later...

@haleks... we have been getting good performance on the dedi. I'm on a small armacation but will get the dedi up for you to have a look at.

Personally I think it's running very well and would leave it for now and focus on some ideas such as expanding traders and a few other of the great ideas you and others have suggested.

• Like 1

Bug report : I have a few problems with RAD PILLS and TOOLKITS, that appears on different mission (Ravaged Bystrica, Ravaged Essker, A Mission...) so i think it is a bug coming from Ravage Module.

As i am using the Rad Pills or Toolkits by double-clicking on it, almost everytime clones of these objects spawns in my inventory.

If i am using 3 times a Radpill, in the end, i have something like 5 or 6 Rad Pill objects in my inventory.

Same for the toolkit : yesterday i repaired a vehicule (changed 2 tires, repaired the hull and the glasses) and in the end i had something like 4 or 5 Toolkits.

I don't know how much times should be used Radpills or Toolkits before being "empty" but it doesn't seem to work to me...

EDIT : I think i have the same problem with MATCHBOXES : I am never out of matches, and the object seems to clone itselft every time i use it to build fire...

It could be related to multiple items in inventory which have more than one use and their stacking when used.

For example:

Full bottle of rad pills has 6 pills (uses). But if you have say 2 bottles with 3 pills, 1 with 2 pills, 1 with 1 pill, the usage of rad bottles will be as following (no matter if you double click on rad pills bottle with only 1 pill first):

First those 2 bottles with 3 pills will be used until they reach amount of the bottle with 2 pills (meaning you'll use 1 pill from each bottle of 3), then you'll have 3 bottles of with 2 pills in them and 1 bottle with 1 pill.

Following usage of rad pills will turn those 3 bottles with 2 pills to 4 bottles with 1 pill in each bottle (3 you had plus one with one pill from the start).

I'm watching it right now, really great video! Good gameplay, good chaps; it's truly a pleasure to see people having a fun time with the mod. ;)

Keep them coming guys!

And I would agree with Tortuosit about 1st person : Arma3 animations can look a bit derp at times, not to mention that the extern camera position could be better (I never play without Deadfast's 3rd person mod).

Dslyecxi made an excellent video on the matter some time ago :

Anyway, back to watchin' it, I wanna know if you guys did manage to escape! ^^

EDIT : Some quotes & highlights I liked :

"Aah! I'm drinking cold coffee!"

"Somebody's teabagging me. Or am I teabagging somebody?"

"Nothing like a good meal before slaughtering, right?"

The 37th minute...

*Hysterical laughts at the 59th minute*

EDIT² : Don't hesitate to share your video in the dedicated topic as well! https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/183918-arma3-video-thread/

Never hurts to spread the contagion. :D

Thank you for the feedback! It was really a lot of fun. It was my first time playing through on Tanoa, and I'm not overly familiar with the terrain so it was an adventure going through the whole thing. My favorite map is the Esseker map. I have seen the co op mission for Ravage Esseker but I'm hoping to find a MP mission where at least four or five of us can play.

I'm planning on doing another video in a playthrough on the Altis map with six of us playing. I would like to make this first person, but my only concern is entertainment related. I personally enjoy the way it looks in the Escape Tanoa video where we are running through the woods and I have it in third person and I'm scrolling back to get a good look at the guys I'm with. Same thing applies when we are in a vehicle, etc. Would a typical viewer be just as entertained in first person? That's what I'm asking myself.

Would a typical viewer be just as entertained in first person? That's what I'm asking myself.

I thought the balance between first and third in your video was spot on, and made for an enjoyable watch. I think the type of gameplay that Ravage generates lends itself to a bit of both, I like to play third person when i'm travelling and switching to first when I loot or make contact.  

• Like 2

Haleks I have a strange issue on a mission I'm making.  Sometimes when I start the mission all the vehicles explode and become a flaming mess.  In the vehicles module I have the settings set to Vehicle damages= Yes, Wreck spawner= Yes and Intact Vehicles ratio = 10.

This doesn't happen all the time and it only seems to be on fresh runs not any saves that I've noticed so far.

Question before I implement it, would UPS (Urban Patrol Script) have any conflicts with what you have in your mod?  Example: I want to be able to respawn a local law enforcement at a particular village that protects the traders located there.  As I have it set up now, once they get involved with a group of bandits and die that's it and now there is no protection.  I don't want to stop the bandits from coming in that area I just want to be able to respawn the protection for that particular village and UPS seems like a good solution.

I am having a blast with this mod and some really intense moments.  I might make some small clips and put them on my channel of some of the firefights I've been in.  Sadly I've deleted some great footage as I've been going along to make room on my hdd and because new ideas keep coming up as I play/test.   

Haleks I have a strange issue on a mission I'm making.  Sometimes when I start the mission all the vehicles explode and become a flaming mess.

It's likely to be the typical vehicle spawning problem. If they are spawned on other objects they explode, the scripters job is usually to find the best places for spawning them.

I also see burning/smoking vehicles in Ravage sometimes, but do not investigate, because I accept them as being part of a living scenery :D

I'm planning on doing another video in a playthrough on the Altis map with six of us playing. I would like to make this first person, but my only concern is entertainment related. I personally enjoy the way it looks in the Escape Tanoa video where we are running through the woods and I have it in third person and I'm scrolling back to get a good look at the guys I'm with. Same thing applies when we are in a vehicle, etc. Would a typical viewer be just as entertained in first person? That's what I'm asking myself.

Yeah, some video makers mentioned entertainment reasons before. Maybe you should go 3rd person in more calm situations, when travelling... and go first person if there is any kind of tension/contact/danger. Definitely good for immersion. In order not to die sooner as when using 3rd person, you and your squad would also have to behave accordingly.. i.e., optimize positioning in order to have visual on a wide area... Haha, is there a mod out there which would switch all squad members to first person, when the squad leader does so? :D

Hi all,

Whats the minimum version of CBA I need to run this mod ?

The latest version of CBA does not work with my version of ARMA 3. And i don't have the ability to update ARMA 3 to the latest version atm.

Anyone here using Zombie Horde modules? @Haleks, the module spawns the horde at the point where the module is placed, right? I'd like to have it more variable, but there is a problem with Eden. You can set "Placement Radius" to some value and Eden will forget it after reloading the mission.

@Haleks

Having a problem with CUP addon. Whenever I go to resume my Ravage missions I get an error telling me that "CUP_Weapons_L7A2.pbo" is missing. This .pbo was removed in the latest CUP Update. Is it me or something else I'm missing? lol.

It's likely to be the typical vehicle spawning problem. If they are spawned on other objects they explode, the scripters job is usually to find the best places for spawning them.

I also see burning/smoking vehicles in Ravage sometimes, but do not investigate, because I accept them as being part of a living scenery :D

Nope they're not spawning on other objects.  The reason I know this is because I personally placed them in the mission.  Here is an example video of it happening twice in a row.

https://youtu.be/ynj6hpNmV9o

Haleks I have a strange issue on a mission I'm making.  Sometimes when I start the mission all the vehicles explode and become a flaming mess.  In the vehicles module I have the settings set to Vehicle damages= Yes, Wreck spawner= Yes and Intact Vehicles ratio = 10.

This doesn't happen all the time and it only seems to be on fresh runs not any saves that I've noticed so far.

Question before I implement it, would UPS (Urban Patrol Script) have any conflicts with what you have in your mod?  Example: I want to be able to respawn a local law enforcement at a particular village that protects the traders located there.  As I have it set up now, once they get involved with a group of bandits and die that's it and now there is no protection.  I don't want to stop the bandits from coming in that area I just want to be able to respawn the protection for that particular village and UPS seems like a good solution.

I am having a blast with this mod and some really intense moments.  I might make some small clips and put them on my channel of some of the firefights I've been in.  Sadly I've deleted some great footage as I've been going along to make room on my hdd and because new ideas keep coming up as I play/test.   

have you tried the 

this setvariable ["owned",true]; command on the vehicles you dont want to explode?

if not it is the vehicle damager destroying them to create ambient wrecks because the 10 is a 10 percent chance of that vehicle not exploding i believe....

Hi all,

Whats the minimum version of CBA I need to run this mod ?

The latest version of CBA does not work with my version of ARMA 3. And i don't have the ability to update ARMA 3 to the latest version atm.

It entirely depends on whether any new script commands were added and then whether Haleks used them

The last version of CBA worked fine but you should really get that updated ASAP....

Anyone here using Zombie Horde modules? @Haleks, the module spawns the horde at the point where the module is placed, right? I'd like to have it more variable, but there is a problem with Eden. You can set "Placement Radius" to some value and Eden will forget it after reloading the mission.

Yes the module spawns the horde at that location. You can adjust the spawn radius  in the module. Are you saying the value is changed in the module after reloading mission in Eden?

@Haleks

Having a problem with CUP addon. Whenever I go to resume my Ravage missions I get an error telling me that "CUP_Weapons_L7A2.pbo" is missing. This .pbo was removed in the latest CUP Update. Is it me or something else I'm missing? lol.

My guess is that you or someone in the squad or some ai that needs to be loaded has the weapon... Only real solution there is to start again unfortuneately unless you want to revert to older version of cup.

Yes the module spawns the horde at that location. You can adjust the spawn radius  in the module. Are you saying the value is changed in the module after reloading mission in Eden?

The mods "Spawn radius" is not reset. I think, with a higher spawn radius, the horde will also spawn at the module center, only sooner (when you enter the area).

I wanted the center of the module to be randomized (i.e. I want the place where the horde appears to be randomized), by using "Placement radius" (the attribute which almost everything has in eden editor". This gets reset to zero after mission reload.

The mods "Spawn radius" is not reset. I think, with a higher spawn radius, the horde will also spawn at the module center, only sooner (when you enter the area).

I wanted the center of the module to be randomized (i.e. I want the place where the horde appears to be randomized), by using "Placement radius" (the attribute which almost everything has in eden editor". This gets reset to zero after mission reload.

Gotcha... that is weird... 

You should be able to spawn the horde in a wider area using the module... this should randomize where the zeds spawn a fair bit more and if horde behaviour is on it should give it a close approxamation of what you want although I see

what you mean about the placement radius and the module location being more randomized...

Is it still possible to sync things to empty markers and then the game will auto choose one of the markers as the random location... I know that worked for units in A2 and I think it still does in A3 but not sure if it works for modules...