@haleks: Can you add an event handler upon respawn to make the holster function continue working once you respawn in MP?

• Like 1

So I am not sure if i did something wrong but when me and my friends die with this mod on our bodies disappear instantly, I checked and this was not ACE.

Also is there any way to get more unarmed vehicles for the RHS version? Right now all we have is the Ural, other big trucks, and an APEX jeep

Mods used: Ace, CBA, TFAR (really wish this could have a optional loot spawn), all RHSs, Esseker, Cup Terrains Core

Btw on Tanoa using ravage I would crash if i had the RHS compatibility with ace on

Also is there any way to get more unarmed vehicles for the RHS version? Right now all we have is the Ural, other big trucks, and an APEX jeep

Yeah i second that, it would be cool if we could define custom classnames of vehicles ( in combination with the ones that vehicle spawner already supports) to be added on a custom array within the module, like the zombies uniforms feature.

• Like 1

@haleks Is there traders now? i haven't seen any or know where to find em. can you help?

@haleks Is there traders now? i haven't seen any or know where to find em. can you help?

Every blufor unit has a chance (10% is default i think) of being a trader

Traders have tons of loot on them to trade. Unfortunately i usually shoot him and take the loot xD

Every blufor unit has a chance (10% is default i think) of being a trader

Traders have tons of loot on them to trade. Unfortunately i usually shoot him and take the loot xD

can i edit the chance?

can i edit the chance?

Yes, simply set up your own mission. It's in one of Ravages modules.

I'm not interested in traders and building and Life and GTA simulation btw. Just want to say that. I'm much more interested in AI doing meaningful things. BTW, do they (imitate to) loot? Do they ever enter houses? Currently I feel pretty safe walking into houses.

Also, I like the DayZ style loot distribution. More military loot at crashsites, military looking zedz there...

Haha, Planescape Torment quote:

Consider it done.  :) 

• Like 1

Yes, simply set up your own mission. It's in one of Ravages modules.

I'm not interested in traders and building and Life and GTA simulation btw. Just want to say that. I'm much more interested in AI doing meaningful things. BTW, do they (imitate to) loot? Do they ever enter houses? Currently I feel pretty safe walking into houses.

Also, I like the DayZ style loot distribution. More military loot at crashsites, military looking zedz there...

Haha, Planescape Torment quote:

i was referring to editing the chance of the included ravage mission.

Also if you don't want traders, random missions, or building then id suggest finding another mod or keep your current version (i.e keep a backup copy of v1.38). From what i hear a vast majority want that and haleks plans this at some point. im not sure exactly when as he is very busy and a very good modder but im sure he'll get to it at some point. :D

I'm wondering if there is a building and/or a random missions mod i can put in Arma 3 in place of ravage not having them yet.

Haleks, do hostile AI units simulate looting as well? Do they enter buildings? Until now, I've only observed them walking around outside... Thanks!

maybe its worth to try ASR Ai .....it has rearm feature and enter buildings in combat,

- Buildings are used in combat by AI. You may see AI shooting from windows or rooftops and it may not be as easy to hide in a house anymore.
- AI may move to cover and pop smoke when hit to help conceal while taking care of their wounds.
- AI may use near vehicle or static weapons for fighting.
- Keeps player in charge on teamSwitch to another unit; prevents leaving AI in charge to shout stupid orders that you need to cancel when you switch back to leader unit.
- Disables fatigue for AI in player's group and enables it for currently player-controlled unit (triggered on teamSwitch only); lets AI be able to keep up with the player.
- AI may rearm if low on ammo from nearby crates, vehicles, bodies or even friendlies rucks (eg ammo bearers).

and it is customable^^

i was referring to editing the chance of the included ravage mission.

You'll find an editable version of the demo missions in the "optionals" folder. Just copy them to Your Documents >> Arma3 >> Editor and you should be able to load and edit them in Eden.

Haleks, do hostile AI units simulate looting as well? Do they enter buildings? Until now, I've only observed them walking around outside... Thanks!

Not at the moment. :/

Completely agree with buildings being too safe; I'll see if I can sneak in some surprises for the update...

• Like 2

You'll find an editable version of the demo missions in the "optionals" folder. Just copy them to Your Documents >> Arma3 >> Editor and you should be able to load and edit them in Eden.

Not at the moment. :/

Completely agree with buildings being too safe; I'll see if I can sneak in some surprises for the update...

what i mean is to edit the ini file you included for altis. i know how to edit it in the eden editor when i create my own ravage mission. 

maybe its worth to try ASR Ai .....it has rearm feature and enter buildings in combat,

and it is customable^^

Thanks for your kind reply, but as you say, they would use buildings in combat situations only - i.e., I know exactly when they do. What I'm after is, meeting them as surprisingly in buildings as would happen do against real players, when and because they are looting, like I do...

Bug report : I have a few problems with RAD PILLS and TOOLKITS, that appears on different mission (Ravaged Bystrica, Ravaged Essker, A Mission...) so i think it is a bug coming from Ravage Module.

As i am using the Rad Pills or Toolkits by double-clicking on it, almost everytime clones of these objects spawns in my inventory.

If i am using 3 times a Radpill, in the end, i have something like 5 or 6 Rad Pill objects in my inventory.

Same for the toolkit : yesterday i repaired a vehicule (changed 2 tires, repaired the hull and the glasses) and in the end i had something like 4 or 5 Toolkits.

I don't know how much times should be used Radpills or Toolkits before being "empty" but it doesn't seem to work to me...

EDIT : I think i have the same problem with MATCHBOXES : I am never out of matches, and the object seems to clone itselft every time i use it to build fire...

Is that on stable or dev branch?

I could use a RPT report next time it happens.

Sorry i'm not really aware about what it means. How can i give you that ? Is that some kind of error log file ?

Hey Haleks, a few questions regarding using your modules in an already built mission. I'm trying to add some survival aspects to a mission I'm working on and I have some experience with using Ravage but have a couple questions.

You talk about Ravage removing light sources and such, but all I'm interested in from Ravage is only the survival and loot spawn aspects. Would tossing in your survival and loot modules cause the other effects of Ravage that aren't necessarily tied to a module to kick in (ambient light disabling for example)?

I'm trying to use old weapons and gear so I have IFA3 in my game and I was hoping to make it so I can add the gear and weapons from that mod to come up like CUP/RHS/Thai Warfare items do when you enable them in the module? I'm guessing the only real way for this would be to go into the script and actually edit out vanilla items I don't want to spawn and add the WW2 items I do want? Hopefully there's another way to do this easier? I don't really want anything vanilla in terms of gear/weapons spawning. I know I can use All the Weapons mod, but I think that only works on units holding vanilla weapons (I know for sure vanilla gear stays vanilla), but it doesn't quite address all of my issues.

Thanks

If anyone is interested: Here you have a more subtle coloring which I like for Ravage+Altis. Less brown than Ravage internal pp effect.

It's for import into @recolor.

"PostApoc lite",1,1,0,0.1,0.2,0.3,-0.22,1,1,1,0.6,0.5,0.2,0,0,0,1,1,0,1

See:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/495780752731963446/5995CD2AEFA3E8F3CB24E80C8232C55281995081/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/495780752731963162/42327F54C38F516A3E140BF15300F9AF3A657985/

• Like 3

Sorry i'm not really aware about what it means. How can i give you that ? Is that some kind of error log file ?

Yes, ArmAs log file. Haleks needs the .rpt file (i.e. extension is rpt) which has been created by that moment[1]. In:

Start -> Run -> "%localappdata%\Arma 3\"

-- 

[1] if you are running ArmA without "-noLogs" startup parameter

• Like 1

I tried to load my saved game on "A Mission" to use some toolkits and RadKits and then upload the .rpt log but the game crashed with an "ACCESS_VIOLATION" error. Next time is see the bug i will upload an .rpt file.

Another question : i'm building a Ravage Mission on Chernobyl map. As the buildings used on this maps are custom one, loot won't spawn inside. I started to manually put lots of luggages and Sacs on the map but inside there is no loot spawning. What should i put in the .init of these objects if i wan't some random loot (vital, weapons...) to spawn inside ?

Hello everyone. I'm brand new to the forums. I have been reading and following here for a long time but have never posted. I have been playing "Ravage" in various forms for about a year now. I recently used "The Escape" mission from Tanoa based on the Ravage framework and made a video game movie documenting the process. I wanted to share it with Haleks and anyone who is interested in it.

I'm new to gaming videos, have only been doing this since December of last year. This is my first full length gaming film. I really hope you guys like it. I gave Haleks full credit for the mod in the description, as well as the guys who did "the Escape" mission.

Here is the link on youtube...

• Like 6

Good video. Excellent length and cut well. I would watch more if you make them. Night-time was especially fun.