@Evil,

What map is that? I don't recognize it.

Looks like the Proving Grounds terrain available in CUP Terrains ported over from Arma 2.

;)

• Like 1

Are there huge roaming zombie hordes (100+ zombies), or have you considered them? I haven't come across any, and I think it'd add a lot to the mod.

There is a horde function, but it's not implemented in the demo missions. Any other mission maker can implement it though. I don't know of any off-hand, but someone else might.

• Like 1

OK guys, I am probably very stupid. I create quick mission (with save system module), export to SP. Start SP mission, save+exit. Cannot continue, "resume" does not resume but re-enters the mission selector. I never managed to load a savegame from Ravage... Should it work or do I have to debug mods?

Command line when I use Ravage:

C:\Disk\SSD1TB\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@_Batchfiles>start /b /wait "" "C:\
Disk\SSD1TB\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -nosplash -skipIntro -enabl
eHT -maxMem=6144 -exThreads=7 "-mod=@CBA_A3;@BaBe_midTex;@ReColor;@JSRS4APEX;@la
xemann_dynasound;@bzly_UIcorrections;@unit_sfx;@em;@ares_mod_achilles_expansion;
@l_suppress;@l_immerse;@l_align;@advancedballistics;@ACE3_mini;@mcc_sandbox_a3;@
dac_rhs;@bzly_no_bluf_radio;@ravage;@tort_dynamicWeather2;@tort_playmusic;@tort_
escape;@tpw_mods;@HAL_protocol;@rhs_afrf3;@rhs_usf3;@rhs_gref;@rhs_usf_compat;@c
up_units;@cup_weapons;@warfareThaiEXTAF;@taf_rhs_ASDG;@nato_russian_sf_weapons;@
hlcmods_core;@hlcmods_ak;@cup_terrains_core;@cup_terrains_maps" -name=Tortuosit
-noLogs -filePatching

@tortuosit : First time I hear about this - and I doubt it's caused by the save module.

I don't know if all those mods are absolutely required by your mission, but did you try with a minimal mod-set?

OK thanks for telling me - I'll have to find the troublemaking mod then. I asked because somewhere I read something about a mission/mod which has saving in the support menu for some reason...

OK thanks for telling me - I'll have to find the troublemaking mod then. I asked because somewhere I read something about a mission/mod which has saving in the support menu for some reason...

That would be the Altis demo mission (I wanted a "quicksave" feature in there); it has to be manually scripted, so it's not related to your issue. :)

• Like 1

Bandit groups with captive survivors?...........Is it even possible?

I feel like my bandits aren't taking the apocalypse seriously enough...

20160803102624_1_zpsa5d2fduo.jpg

• Like 8

Hey Haleks! I was wondering if I could make a request of you. I was wondering if you could, when you delete your addactions that you delete only the ones you created rather than using removeAllActions. I have created a mission that saves objects and vehicles that the players select via an addAction to be included in a list. However when I use your repair or scavenge system then it deletes my addActions as well. Either that or do you know a way that I can track to see if my addAction has been deleted or not so I can re add it to the list?

• Like 1

@Haleks. (Maybe others),

You may want to check this out:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/193263-code-snippet-dazzle-the-darkness/?p=3074478

I haven't yet, but looks usefull.

That would definitely come in handy. Current chemlights have a very low light intensity and are practically useless for illumination. Flares are okay if I'm not mistaken but they run out rather fast.

What are the supported weapon mods that let you sell and buy weapons from the roaming or static traders so far, are only those that are present at the equipment pool module?

Also are you capable of acquiring dogs as companion in the official Altis mission?

Can we assume those MGSR poncho's will be supported in your dev build?........ :pray:

Can we assume those MGSR poncho's will make it into your dev build?........ :pray:

+1

Loving those screenshots.

Should be mentioned that Atlis and Stratis nights have been tweak to match Tonao's in DEV. That might make the chemlight issue mostly moot.

• Like 1

"resume" does not resume but re-enters the mission selector. I never managed to load a savegame from Ravage... Should it work or do I have to debug mods?

It's RHS. I left it out and savegames work. Can anyone comment on this? Many of you may use RHS mods.

@rhs_afrf3;@rhs_usf3;@rhs_gref;@rhs_usf_compat
  • Like 2

If using ACE, will Ravage spawn Epinephrine etc.? Because if there's nothing available to decrease pain (and ACE visual FX), I'll turn ACE med system off in SP.

EDIT: Morphine to be probably most important.

If using ACE, will Ravage spawn Epinephrine etc.? 

Haleks will confirm, but i'd say 100% no.

@tortuosit: I have my fair bit of experience with ACE+RAVAGE and gladly share with you:

• If you use Basic Medical system, any BIS First Aid Kits that spawn via RAVAGE Loot Module or are in vehicles cargo will turn into bandages and morphine when picked up.  This is enough to get yourself Alive+Kickin' again in Basic Medical.

• If you use Advanced Medical System, I have observed the change of FAK to Field Dressing/bandage+Morphine as well, BUT: depending on your settings, that will not be enough to heal you up completely, especially if you are not a medic and have several wounds that require more specialized bandages.  You will NOT find these in loot unless you change e.g. the scripts from Bad Benson that many of us use in their missions to spawn the ACE Medical items in airdrops and crashsite crates.  Alternatively you have to hand-place ACE Advanced Medical crates in the mission.

• In SP, ACE can lead to crashes when you try to load a savegame.  Depending on overall mod count, you must find a delicate balance individually for your game
  • Like 4

Hi Haleks, 

I know this is a lil' unconventional but I thought that asking these questions like this would come across easier than in text.

https://youtu.be/ExP3FfeHV8M

Hi Gerhart!

No problem for the video, it's interesting to see mission makers in action!

Regarding your questions :

- Removing spawned bandits from camps ain't easy right now as the function spawning them doesn't even return anything. It's something I'm gonna need to improve soon. Until then, the easiest solution would be another trigger (!) for each camps :

662508cb-be07-4f06-bdf6-ddd653d6e666.jpg

Just make sure that the trigger area is more or less the same size, and set the timer to "TimeOut".

I'll probably end up making a dedicated module : the camps feature has been WIP for quite some time and could use a lot of improvements (persistency, size and other options).

- To exclude vehicles from the module, type this in their init field :

this setVariable ["owned", true];

Note that the variable name might be changed with the next update, so keep an eye on the changelogs. ;)

- As for traders : as you guessed, this is an inventory space problem - all items owned by traders being physically present.

That part of the mod is a recent addition and will most likely be tweaked a bit more. Your suggestion about linked containers is brilliant by the way - I'll see how I can implement this for static traders.

- Buying properties/shacks is not something I had in mind for the traders, although it would work well in more scripted missions. But I need to figure out how I'm going to handle base-building first... ^^

Thanks for the feedback (and the kind words). If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

• Like 3

Thanks for the answers I really appreciate it.  Sadly I do have a couple of other questions if you don't mind.

What is the significance of putting the Logic entity of Camp on the map?  Since I seen that used would the other location logic entities have a purpose such as City, town and village.

How do I know what side the these spawn, opfor or indep or do these just spawn indep and the ai settings module spawn the opfor.

null=[] execvm "\ravage\code\scripts\mission\spawn_banditSquad.sqf";

_nul = [thistrigger] spawn rvg_fnc_spawnBanditCamp

call spawn_banditCar

The spawn_UAV.sqf and spawn_UGV.sqf seem to spawn opfor while the other 3 above seem to spawn indep. Please understand that these observations have been under some stressful situations like trying NOT to get killed.   

Using this line of code in a trigger doesn't give me any results null=[] execvm "\ravage\code\scripts\mission\spawn_survivor.sqf"; am I using it wrong?  The same goes with spawn_dogs.sqf, I see no results.

Ok it was more than a couple but I thought is was only going to be a couple.

I have depbo'd your mod and looked in the files but I still don't know for sure.

Thanks again for making such an interesting mod and huge THANK YOU for not forcing me to use maggotheads.

Thanks for the answers I really appreciate it.  Sadly I do have a couple of other questions if you don't mind.

What is the significance of putting the Logic entity of Camp on the map?  Since I seen that used would the other location logic entities have a purpose such as City, town and village.

How do I know what side the these spawn, opfor or indep or do these just spawn indep and the ai settings module spawn the opfor.

null=[] execvm "\ravage\code\scripts\mission\spawn_banditSquad.sqf";

_nul = [thistrigger] spawn rvg_fnc_spawnBanditCamp

call spawn_banditCar

The spawn_UAV.sqf and spawn_UGV.sqf seem to spawn opfor while the other 3 above seem to spawn indep. Please understand that these observations have been under some stressful situations like trying NOT to get killed.   

Using this line of code in a trigger doesn't give me any results null=[] execvm "\ravage\code\scripts\mission\spawn_survivor.sqf"; am I using it wrong?  The same goes with spawn_dogs.sqf, I see no results.

Ok it was more than a couple but I thought is was only going to be a couple.

I have depbo'd your mod and looked in the files but I still don't know for sure.

Thanks again for making such an interesting mod and huge THANK YOU for not forcing me to use maggotheads.

The camp gamelogic won't be of any use if you don't have radiations enabled : placing one near a camp just makes sure that the survival module won't spawn a radioactive area near an "inhabited" location.

It's another reason why I need to improve the bandits camps feature : ideally the module should handle all that stuff.

As for the AI spawn functions you're trying to use : those are called by the dynamic triggers system spawned by the AI module. What units they spawn will usually depend on the module settings and is randomly chosen each time the script is executed; you also need to pass a few arguments for them to work. Those functions weren't really made to be used on the fly or outside of the module system : if you need more precise spawns, writting your functions might be a better idea. If you worry about performances, you can add the units you spawn to the AI clean-up system like so :

0 = rvg_garbage_collector pushBack _unit;

Hope that helps!

What are the supported weapon mods that let you sell and buy weapons from the roaming or static traders so far, are only those that are present at the equipment pool module?

Also are you capable of acquiring dogs as companion in the official Altis mission?

Wait a sec... there are traders? WHAAAAT? i didn't know this. 3 things I need for ravage are traders, building, and random missions and then i'm a happy husky :D

• In SP, ACE can lead to crashes when you try to load a savegame.  Depending on overall mod count, you must find a delicate balance individually for your game

Oh *sigh sigh sigh*, I pretty often see ArmA being stuck when loading such a savegame. ALT+TAB not working, this always is the case when it has crashed... what happens here:

unbenanntzdqn4.png

It pretty much seems like ACE is the death of SP+Savegames for me. I'd like to use it's Microdagr, Noidle and ace_ai at least, but unfortunately, since every tiny bit of ACE needs some more dependency modules, it's a hopeless affair to keep it minimal enough in order to be able to use savegames. I resign; no ACE for me :(

• Like 1