I downloaded the latest version and neither were in the building list. Nothing ever spawned in them ever. The other barracks from regular A3 are there Land_i_Barracks_V1_F and Land_i_Barracks_V2_F but not the new ones

The Land_Barracks_01_camo_F class is in the apex building list, but yeah it looks like Land_Barracks_01_grey_F is missing.

I don't remember wich buildings those are right now, but I'll check them out.

The Land_Barracks_01_camo_F class is in the apex building list, but yeah it looks like Land_Barracks_01_grey_F is missing.

yep ... camo one is there but not the grey

Ahh your right....the camo version was in there but the grey wasn't...exact same building with different textures. It's the big military two story building with the lots of rooms and the balcony. I had found 3 grey ones but no camo ones yet.

images-1_zps4j2cn6ji.jpg

A very special Happy Birthday for the ravage thread.

One year ago you started it...

Quarter of a million views later, 3k posts and many hurdles crossed...

It's something special Haleks.

Thanks for letting us play in your world ;)

• Like 15

ok I figured the disappearing map thing out. Or at least part of it. Any time you pick a backpack (and maybe a vest too) up and equip it it will delete one, some or all of your equipped items. Map, compass etc. as well as NVG;s and binocs. Doesn't happen every time but it's reproducible. Equipping them from a box or vehicle doesn't seem to do this, it has to be from the ground or from a dead character.

I'm new to Arma mission editing and scripting, so apologies in advance, but can anyone please explain how to add custom loot items to Ravage without editing Ravage.pbo? (the only way I've found to do it so far).

I usually like to work things out for myself, but this has defeated me!

Where to find MP-Missions for this mod?

At the moment, we only found 1 (from the ravage-wiki) and it´s pretty mediocre (the mod itself is AWESOME).

It is hard to believe that there is only 1 or 2 Missions for this ;)

images-1_zps4j2cn6ji.jpg

A very special Happy Birthday for the ravage thread.

One year ago you started it...

Quarter of a million views later, 3k posts and many hurdles crossed...

It's something special Haleks.

Thanks for letting us play in your world ;)

Thanks Cosmic! That cake looks... yummy! ^^

One year already since the beast has been unleashed, and three years since the very first prototype!

I am especially pleased with Ravage being multiplayer-compatible (thanks to you guys!), considering that scripting for an MP environment was a first for me, and with the progress made regarding mission-making and modules.

There's a long road ahead still, and many ideas to explore.

Thanks to everyone for their inputs, help, reports, or simply for playing the mod; this year has been quite an adventure, and I intend to keep going on.

Special thanks to Bad Benson, Evil Organ, Cosmic and Giorgygr : their contributions and help considerably enhanced the mod!

And of course much respect for BIS and their incredible work on the game : 2016 is a blessed year for Arma3 players.

Keep having fun guys & gals!

• Like 11

Just looked through the setting module for Ravage, its a thing for the editor, you can disable the clean-up system for bodies, vehicles, etc. I am gonna try it without the system engaged.

That's too complicated for someone who hasn't even loaded a single mod into the editor :). I wonder if that kind of settings could be made configurable from an ini file in userconfig, like tpw_mod and others do?

That's too complicated for someone who hasn't even loaded a single mod into the editor :). I wonder if that kind of settings could be made configurable from an ini file in userconfig, like tpw_mod and others do?

- You start ArmA with the Ravage mod loaded

- You start the editor and drop ravage modules on it

- You double click the module in order to do configurations

- Play, or export as SP mission, then play...

I'm convinced you can do this. I believe in you!

• Like 3

Hey Haleks, can AI spawn be done in an FPS friendly way, i.e. when multiple AIs/Zedz spawn, put some amount of sleep() in between every single one. It's just a thought and I do not know if it works, neither I checked your code.

Is "Population factor" int or float? I think I read somewhere you make an int out of it.

Hey Haleks, can AI spawn be done in an FPS friendly way, i.e. when multiple AIs/Zedz spawn, put some amount of sleep() in between every single one. It's just a thought and I do not know if it works, neither I checked your code.

Is "Population factor" int or float? I think I read somewhere you make an int out of it.

Population is an integer (I should probably mention this in the tooltip).

Regarding your suggestion, I'm not sure adding delays here and there is the ideal solution; but Bad Benson and I had a discussion some time ago about this. I tested one of his ideas in a few scenarios, with excellent results.

I just need to find the time to refactor the code.

Speaking of code, if you guys use gasmasks from other addons, feel free to drop some classnames so I can add support for them. ;)

Loving all the improvements and new missions I've been seeing. Been tweaking a few of my own and pushing to explore maps outside of Altis. Sadly, my poor 3 year old gaming PC just can't take a fully populated Altis, especially when you start sprinkling in custom raider bases and such.

One question for everyone: Since .137 came out I have not come across a single friendly survivor or trader in any of my playthroughs. All of them have the ambiant AI turned on with traders set to '25'.

Has anyone else experienced this? Maybe I'm just unlucky.

Lately I'm also starting missions with the ambiant AI population factor turned up to '2' or '3' to try to increase the amount of survivor on survivor action I come across.

Loving all the improvements and new missions I've been seeing. Been tweaking a few of my own and pushing to explore maps outside of Altis. Sadly, my poor 3 year old gaming PC just can't take a fully populated Altis, especially when you start sprinkling in custom raider bases and such.

One question for everyone: Since .137 came out I have not come across a single friendly survivor or trader in any of my missions. All of them have the ambiant AI turned on with traders set to '25'.

Has anyone else experienced this? Maybe I'm just unlucky.

Lately I'm also starting missions with the ambiant AI population factor turned up to '2' or '3' to try to increase the amount of survivor on survivor action I come across.

Like you i too have custom raider bases, looks cool. As for the single survivors i played a couple of games without seeing a single one but on the third restart i had 4 in 20 mins. Not come across traders in game though, not yet anyway.  ;)

Already done on my dev build. ;)

• Like 2

@Haleks

Forgive me if this has been brought up before but due to my age i tend to forget. In Ryd's excellent Pilgrimage he has an option to make a camp with storage and also made it portable in a vehicle to build elsewhere, will you have a similar option sometime down the line?

Also i was playing earlier and came across a bandit after he met my bullet and in his backpack he had 4 rifles. Any chance of reducing the chance of finding so many or is that setting due to a module? I'm playing non stop and tweaking the module settings, got the loot module settings around 8% on the various items and dropping the %'s slowly on various items. The harder the better for me. :D

One final thing i seem to be getting a lot of patrol vehicles, while i love shooting and looting them i just find it too easy getting a vehicle. I think i have 3 patrol triggers spread over Altis. I don't know how it's coded to work with your vehicles, is it one vehicle spawn per trigger or?? Or is it just a case of me removing a trigger or two?

I'm using ASR Ai and i'm wondering if the vehicles are just heading to my location due to the ASR Ai scripts, i guess i could try without instead of bugging you...... ;)

And just a quick thanks again as this has become an addiction for me, i've even given up drugs, alcohol and women to play RAVAGE! :D

Zombies are in my dreams constantly! ;)

• Like 3

Also i was playing earlier and came across a bandit after he met my bullet and in his backpack he had 4 rifles. Any chance of reducing the chance of finding so many or is that setting due to a module? 

4 rifles?......sounds like you capped a trader's ass!  :lol:

edit.....and if it was, maybe give the traders armbands to differentiate from bandits.

• Like 3

4 rifles?......sounds like you capped a trader's ass!  :lol:

Ahh didn't think of that........silly me! :D

Agree there should be a way to differentiate between bandits. Mind you i saved some money :D

Now i'm the trader. If only. :D

• Like 1

@Haleks

Forgive me if this has been brought up before but due to my age i tend to forget. In Ryd's excellent Pilgrimage he has an option to make a camp with storage and also made it portable in a vehicle to build elsewhere, will you have a similar option sometime down the line?

[...]

One final thing i seem to be getting a lot of patrol vehicles, while i love shooting and looting them i just find it too easy getting a vehicle. I think i have 3 patrol triggers spread over Altis. I don't know how it's coded to work with your vehicles, is it one vehicle spawn per trigger or?? Or is it just a case of me removing a trigger or two?

I'll check Pilgrimage out (haven't played it in a long time) and see how Ryd handles it.

Regarding car patrols : I assume it's on the Altis demo? There are a few triggers on the map - I was thinking about removing those anyway.

Regarding car patrols : I assume it's on the Altis demo? There are a few triggers on the map - I was thinking about removing those anyway.

Haleks i've removed those in my missions for a while now, car patrols from AI module seems to do the trick perfectly.

edit.....and if it was, maybe give the traders armbands to differentiate from bandits.

Nice idea, but who's gonna see the armbands anyways, everyone is shoot first ask questions later...

I'll check Pilgrimage out (haven't played it in a long time) and see how Ryd handles it.

Thanks for the reply, appreciated. Yeah it's your demo with just a few module tweaks basically. Yeah Ryd's camp is such a cool idea and would certainly be a cool addition of sorts to Ravage, some place to call home. :D

• Like 1

Nice idea, but who's gonna see the armbands anyways, everyone is shoot first ask questions later...

I have another idea for that anyway. ;)

• Like 2

Speak for yourself..... :ph34r:  

• Like 2

@Haleks

I think fixed traders as in a randomly spawning shed/hut/tent or whatever with a trader inside where you can do some trade. If you shoot the trader then no loot due to them being in locked crates/boxes, empty ones placed for effect. And trader disappears after you've traveled a certain distance away to simulate he's moved elsewhere. Just a thought. :D