well, It strikes me as odd, but the horde doesn't show up if the horde behavior is set to off, but they will still do the same thing when its on, I changed cities, but I had to fire a few time to get their attention after I moved towards the wall, thinking that their path finding is a bit off with these buildings (Cause the mod was intended for Altis, stratis, and what not, speaking of maps, I should make a Namalsk one....I will still lose to Jim, if he makes one, cause he has the entire Ravage intro, sorta like yours) and it just strikes me as odd, cause I set the hordes in the bigger cities, because that's where you would expect one to be, and they are still doing the same thing, If you wanna try it yourself Haleks, get the CUPS maps and terrains, and load up Sahrani, and place a horde in a large city, and put a guy in the streets, and fight em off. 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=728153253- photo one, its odd, cause they just turn around

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=728153508-two, they just turn around

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=728153090- and the last one, I shot like 5 rounds and got them to notice me...really strange, might need to do a different map

While patiently awaiting for the Ravage - A mission and The Escape to be updated for the latest Ravage versions, I was wondering about one thing.

From playing these two, I remember it being rather frustrating to find the bandit corpses that my team and I killed, even without grass. Unlike zombies who apparently emptied their pockets upon zombification, they hold precious gear. Yet more often than not bandit corpses have despawned before I found them or just got to where they fell. It's not like I can ask my teammate "hey, where is the guy that you shot while I was shooting in that other direction?" :).

So, would it be possible to increase like tenfold the retention time for NPC, not zombie corpses? Heck, I wouldn't mind it if they never despawned like in Pilgrimage, AIs in Arma are using resources when they are alive, dead ones are just scenery with little impact.

Or better yet, The Hunter and Pilgrimage have a script that puts a small grey cross on the map on every corpse that our team has killed. Such a cross on bandit corpses would be very useful.

It's not like I can ask my teammate "hey, where is the guy that you shot while I was shooting in that other direction?" :).

I didnt want to quote the whole thing, but I get it what you need. Here is something what you can do to "somewhat" remedy it >now<. Turn your Terrain quality in Video settings to Low after you're done fighting. All the bushes and tall grass will disappear and you'll see the corpses for looting (useful to hunt rabbits which hide in the tall grass and bushes as well). You can turn terrain quality back to Normal/High/Ultra (whatever quality you play on) after you take what you need.

While patiently awaiting for the Ravage - A mission and The Escape to be updated for the latest Ravage versions, I was wondering about one thing.

From playing these two, I remember it being rather frustrating to find the bandit corpses that my team and I killed, even without grass. Unlike zombies who apparently emptied their pockets upon zombification, they hold precious gear. Yet more often than not bandit corpses have despawned before I found them or just got to where they fell. It's not like I can ask my teammate "hey, where is the guy that you shot while I was shooting in that other direction?" :).

So, would it be possible to increase like tenfold the retention time for NPC, not zombie corpses? Heck, I wouldn't mind it if they never despawned like in Pilgrimage, AIs in Arma are using resources when they are alive, dead ones are just scenery with little impact.

Or better yet, The Hunter and Pilgrimage have a script that puts a small grey cross on the map on every corpse that our team has killed. Such a cross on bandit corpses would be very useful.

Thanks for being patient. RL is whupping my ass right now. Work is 10-12 hrs a day and what little time left is spent with my family. Even my days off are spent doing things work related right now. A long series of unfortunate events that apparently only I can deal with.

I'll post ravage the escape MP Tanoa Beta version today. Im not sure when me and the guys will get time to play it together especially due to my schedule right now.

I will look at trying to add that marker system at some point to the SP versions. I think in the MP version, its likely not as needed?

• Like 2

Anyway back to my idea/request. Is there any chance of a certain % chance of losing gear when you're asleep. I just think once you go to sleep there's no risk involved as opposed to the risks that are there when you're awake. I just think it would add a little spice to the risk of falling asleep. And maybe if you have a vehicle a % chance of having that stolen with your gear in it.  That's if you have it in the vehicle, unless you've taken the wheels off.......lol. After all there are raiders so why not have them steal your stuff.

i love the idea. but instead of just making it a hardcore factor that you have no control over i'd actually use it to create a personalised quest to get back your vehicle. so it would just be put in a random location at a minimal distance from you with maybe a tent and a fire next to it with some bandits. so you could go get it back. similar to how you gotta get your personal car from the police place in gta.

maybe also analyse the contents of it and randomly remove some ammo and food/drink items. maybe more the longer you take to get it back.

• Like 6

I didnt want to quote the whole thing, but I get it what you need. Here is something what you can do to "somewhat" remedy it >now<. Turn your Terrain quality in Video settings to Low after you're done fighting. All the bushes and tall grass will disappear and you'll see the corpses for looting (useful to hunt rabbits which hide in the tall grass and bushes as well). You can turn terrain quality back to Normal/High/Ultra (whatever quality you play on) after you take what you need.

Oh, I've been doing that, that's what I meant by "even without grass". Regardless, I've been in situations when I was being shot at from many directions, you don't see corpses well at 200-300m, and when the kill was from a teammate, you often don't even know the direction, and even if you do, you go to the first one, loot it, and by the time you went 400m back to the corpse of that other guy that shot at you, it has already despawned. IMHO we should have both an increase of despawn time for bandits and corpse markers on the map.

Maybe not despawn them at all? I've ran Pilgrimage playthroughs where I had killed 100+ enemies that never despawned and were marked on the map and did not notice any particular slowdown. And there is a radio menu option to clean up if things get ugly. I understand that in one playthrough we would encounter many hundreds of zombies, yet I wouldn't mind seeing their corpses stay longer. I don't know if it's technically possible, but don't despawn Z corpses that are less that, say, 500m from the player? I think everyone enjoys artistic corpse pileups, don't they?

• Like 1

Just put out my mission, I have hidden it, found a problem as soon as I started it up : he didn't play the animation where he wakes up and gets up (or animation "Acts_UnconsciousStandUp_Part1" and part 2) I even went so far as to put it in the InitPlayerlocal file, gotta test that one now, I will open it up in a few, just feel free something in steam if something is horribly amiss.

Edit* Hm, still not doing the animation, Ugh, I wanted it to be perfect....welp, goes to confirm it, nothing ever goes perfectly/according to plan, if anyone has a good fix for this, lemme know...imma have to shut my mission down in the mean time...

*edit2* if anyone has a fix for this, please lemme know, I really fell off my pedestal because I finally did some scripting, never done it before, so I was extremely happy, and this small hiccup where he won't do the animation where he wakes up, is really messing with me, I have tried various fixes, I have searched the ends of threads about animations and coding, still have no found anything....

i love the idea. but instead of just making it a hardcore factor that you have no control over i'd actually use it to create a personalised quest to get back your vehicle. so it would just be put in a random location at a minimal distance from you with maybe a tent and a fire next to it with some bandits. so you could go get it back. similar to how you gotta get your personal car from the police place in gta.

maybe also analyse the contents of it and randomly remove some ammo and food/drink items. maybe more the longer you take to get it back.

I like it, now we just have to sell it to haleks or bribe him with some sweets! Question is, can haleks be bribed?  :D

• Like 2

What is the code that you put in the players box to make him spawn in with random loot. Something that can give you anything from mods as well regular arma loot?

erm, refer to Jimmakos earlier post to me, it gives the entire code for the start up...I am just sad that the animation won't work, the rest is almost perfect.

Had a chance to test with BB and Tourist

20160720134015_1_zpslb87qvxx.jpg

20160720134732_1_zpsrjsm5xn7.jpg

20160720135509_1_zps7q6f1wtt.jpg

• Like 4

Fire, Jim, anyone got an idea? I feel that the failure to complete the animation (being Acts_UnconsciousStandUp_part1 and part 2) is why my mission is incomplete. I can get it to sorta happen in the editor, he will just stand there, like there is some scripting or coding conflicting....but I am desperate for a fix so I can release it and only worry about updating it and improving it.

Fire, Jim, anyone got an idea? I feel that the failure to complete the animation (being Acts_UnconsciousStandUp_part1 and part 2) that my mission is incomplete. I can get it to sorta happen in the editor, he will just stand there, like there is some scripting or coding conflicting....but I am desperate for a fix so I can release it and only worry about updating it and improving it.

You might want to delete everything you see as comment " ".

comment "disables saving,@mission start";
enableSaving [ false, false ];

comment "sleep command";
uiSleep 1;

comment "defines private and spawn points,editor markers";
private "_unit";
_markers = ["spawn1", "spawn2", "spawn3", "spawn4", "spawn5", "spawn6", "spawn7", "spawn8"];
_p = _markers call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_list = (getMarkerPos _p) nearRoads 50;
_road = _list call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_pos = getposATL _road;
_nextRoad = (_road nearRoads 50) select 0;

comment "Gives player random gear,loot";
[player] call RVG_fnc_AddGear;
[player] call RVG_fnc_AddLoot;

comment "defines the player spawn positions near roads";
(vehicle player) setpos [_pos select 0, _pos select 1, 0];
_posV = [_pos, 5, 5, 1, 0, 35, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

if (isNil "_posV") then {
	_posV = getPosATL (((getposASL player) nearRoads 10) select 1);
};

comment "Creates a wrecked car";
_vehicle = createVehicle ["Land_Wreck_Car2_F", _posV, [], 0, "NONE"];
_vehicle setDir (direction player - 187);
_vehicle setVectorUP (surfaceNormal [(getPosATL _vehicle) select 0, (getPosATL _vehicle) select 1]);

comment "Creates fire effect";
[getPosATL _vehicle,"FIRE_BIG"] spawn RVG_fnc_createFireEffect;
_soundSource = createSoundSource ["Sound_Fire", _posV, [], 0];

comment "Creates AI (dead) unit";
_unit = createVehicle ["Survivor_blue_1", _posV, [], 1, "FORM"];

comment "sleep command";
uiSleep 1;

comment "Removes backpack,vest,adds random gear,random vest,random weapon,random loot";
[_unit] call RVG_fnc_AddGear;
removeBackpack _unit;
removeVest _unit;
_unit addVest (selectRandom rvg_vests);
//[_unit] call RVG_fnc_AddWeapon;
if !(rvg_weapons isEqualTo []) then {
	_weapon = [_unit, rvg_weapons select (((floor random [(((count rvg_weapons) - 1)*1.25)*-1,((count rvg_weapons) - 1)*0.5,((count rvg_weapons) - 1)*1.5]) max 0) min ((count rvg_weapons) - 1)), 2] call BIS_fnc_addWeapon;
} else {
	_weapon = [_unit, rvg_weaponsA3 select (((floor random [(((count rvg_weaponsA3) - 1)*1.25)*-1,((count rvg_weaponsA3) - 1)*0.5,((count rvg_weaponsA3) - 1)*1.5]) max 0) min ((count rvg_weaponsA3) - 1)), 2] call BIS_fnc_addWeapon;
};
[_unit] call RVG_fnc_AddLoot;

comment "Kills the the AI unit";
_unit setdamage 1;

comment "Player doing the cutscene";
player switchMove "Acts_UnconsciousStandUp_part1";

comment "Enables player fatigue";
player setFatigue 1;

comment "sleep command";
uiSleep 40;

comment "now idea whats that";
_closesttown = (nearestLocations [player, ["NameCityCapital","NameCity","NameVillage"],2500]) select 0;
_PosT = _pos;
if !(isNil "_closesttown") then {
	_PosT = position _closesttown;
};

comment "creates squads that will come check the wreck scene";
_posP = [getposASL player, 400, 600, 1, 0, 35, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
_Grp = createGroup resistance;
for "_i" from 0 to 3 do 
{
 	_unit = _Grp createUnit ["Bandit_green", _posP, [], 1.0, "FORM"];
	[_unit] spawn RVG_fnc_equip;
	[_unit, (["ENG", "GRK"] call bis_fnc_selectrandom)] call rvg_fnc_setName;
	rvg_garbage_collector pushBack _unit;

//_unit addEventHandler ["Fired", {_this spawn RVG_fnc_Fired}];
	_unit setCombatMode "RED";
	_unit setBehaviour "SAFE";
	[_unit] joinSilent _Grp;
};
_Grp move _pos;
0 = [_Grp, _pos, _PosT] spawn {
	_Grp = _this select 0;
	_pos = _this select 1;
	_posT = _this select 2;
	waitUntil {(leader _Grp) distance _pos < 10};
	[_Grp, _posT, 300] call BIS_fnc_taskPatrol;
};

comment "Enables saving";
enableSaving [true, true];

comment "Enables Ravage on screen tutorials hints";
execVM "scripts\tuto.sqf";

comment "Deletes car wreck fire sound";
if (!isNil "_soundSource") then {
	WaitUntil {player distance _soundSource > 1000};
	deleteVehicle _soundSource;
}; 
  • Like 1

thanks Jim, your my savior on this one. Just got the comment thing, took a second to look through it all.

*Edit* lets see if she will do it now Jim...I am gonna have to throw an Easter egg in for you then Jim.

EDIT2* She works! I made a specific spot for you Jim, my only hint, scroll all the way out when you get a map, you will then see your home, which is completely Zombie free! To the rest of you, My mission is now open, find it in the steam workshop, if you need some help, try typing in "Ravage" into the search bar, Enjoy everyone, and thank you all who helped! (AND PRAISE BE TO HALEKS! for making the mod! and same with Jim, for getting the final piece of the puzzle, so I could fix the issue.

Um, if anyone really loves gunfights, mine is for you XD just killed 15 AI in total, less than an hour in, I got the first patrol by the wreck, then I went down the road and got into another fight, killed them all, then I went on to hide from a Humvee with a .50 cal on it, and then I killed another patrol that closed in, and now im heading towards a town...I sorta set the AI multiplier to 2x the amount in regular Altis XD have fun, and feel free to post screenshots of your killing sprees and rewards from said sprees on the steam page, no need to clog this one full of pics of dead AI.

• Like 1

So, I've been playing the new version on Tanoa for a good 8, maybe even 10 hours now. Couple of things I noticed:

1. Fuel canisters seem to be rarer than unicorns. I haven't found a single canister anywhere, and I've looted all kinds of buildings and killed and looted around a hundred bandits.

2. I have a weird issue with my map disappearing from my inventory. First I thought I had accidentally dropped it while looting, but it has happened at least five times now. I don't think I'm that much of a klutz after playing Arma 3 for nearly 700 hours now.

3. The only weapon attachment I ever seem to find is the flashlight. Is that a conscious decision or a bug?

In case any of my problems are caused by my mods, here is a list: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8903164/RavageMods.png

I didn't read through all the posts so forgive me if these have been addressed:

Issue 1 and 2 ... I can confirm. Multiple people on my server have reported that the map item disappears from their equipped slot. Also fuel canisters seem to be rare.

Issue 3 I think is because of the lack of military buildings on Tanoa that causes the rarity of optics. Also there are 2 new military barracks classnames added to tanoa that I'm not sure you have added yet : Land_Barracks_01_grey_F and Land_Barracks_01_camo_F. So no loot was\is spawning in them.

You might want to delete everything you see as comment " ".

comment "disables saving,@mission start";
enableSaving [ false, false ];

comment "sleep command";
uiSleep 1;

comment "defines private and spawn points,editor markers";
private "_unit";
_markers = ["spawn1", "spawn2", "spawn3", "spawn4", "spawn5", "spawn6", "spawn7", "spawn8"];
_p = _markers call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_list = (getMarkerPos _p) nearRoads 50;
_road = _list call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_pos = getposATL _road;
_nextRoad = (_road nearRoads 50) select 0;

comment "Gives player random gear,loot";
[player] call RVG_fnc_AddGear;
[player] call RVG_fnc_AddLoot;

comment "defines the player spawn positions near roads";
(vehicle player) setpos [_pos select 0, _pos select 1, 0];
_posV = [_pos, 5, 5, 1, 0, 35, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

if (isNil "_posV") then {
	_posV = getPosATL (((getposASL player) nearRoads 10) select 1);
};

comment "Creates a wrecked car";
_vehicle = createVehicle ["Land_Wreck_Car2_F", _posV, [], 0, "NONE"];
_vehicle setDir (direction player - 187);
_vehicle setVectorUP (surfaceNormal [(getPosATL _vehicle) select 0, (getPosATL _vehicle) select 1]);

comment "Creates fire effect";
[getPosATL _vehicle,"FIRE_BIG"] spawn RVG_fnc_createFireEffect;
_soundSource = createSoundSource ["Sound_Fire", _posV, [], 0];

comment "Creates AI (dead) unit";
_unit = createVehicle ["Survivor_blue_1", _posV, [], 1, "FORM"];

comment "sleep command";
uiSleep 1;

comment "Removes backpack,vest,adds random gear,random vest,random weapon,random loot";
[_unit] call RVG_fnc_AddGear;
removeBackpack _unit;
removeVest _unit;
_unit addVest (selectRandom rvg_vests);
//[_unit] call RVG_fnc_AddWeapon;
if !(rvg_weapons isEqualTo []) then {
	_weapon = [_unit, rvg_weapons select (((floor random [(((count rvg_weapons) - 1)*1.25)*-1,((count rvg_weapons) - 1)*0.5,((count rvg_weapons) - 1)*1.5]) max 0) min ((count rvg_weapons) - 1)), 2] call BIS_fnc_addWeapon;
} else {
	_weapon = [_unit, rvg_weaponsA3 select (((floor random [(((count rvg_weaponsA3) - 1)*1.25)*-1,((count rvg_weaponsA3) - 1)*0.5,((count rvg_weaponsA3) - 1)*1.5]) max 0) min ((count rvg_weaponsA3) - 1)), 2] call BIS_fnc_addWeapon;
};
[_unit] call RVG_fnc_AddLoot;

comment "Kills the the AI unit";
_unit setdamage 1;

comment "Player doing the cutscene";
player switchMove "Acts_UnconsciousStandUp_part1";

comment "Enables player fatigue";
player setFatigue 1;

comment "sleep command";
uiSleep 40;

comment "now idea whats that";
_closesttown = (nearestLocations [player, ["NameCityCapital","NameCity","NameVillage"],2500]) select 0;
_PosT = _pos;
if !(isNil "_closesttown") then {
	_PosT = position _closesttown;
};

comment "creates squads that will come check the wreck scene";
_posP = [getposASL player, 400, 600, 1, 0, 35, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
_Grp = createGroup resistance;
for "_i" from 0 to 3 do 
{
 	_unit = _Grp createUnit ["Bandit_green", _posP, [], 1.0, "FORM"];
	[_unit] spawn RVG_fnc_equip;
	[_unit, (["ENG", "GRK"] call bis_fnc_selectrandom)] call rvg_fnc_setName;
	rvg_garbage_collector pushBack _unit;

//_unit addEventHandler ["Fired", {_this spawn RVG_fnc_Fired}];
	_unit setCombatMode "RED";
	_unit setBehaviour "SAFE";
	[_unit] joinSilent _Grp;
};
_Grp move _pos;
0 = [_Grp, _pos, _PosT] spawn {
	_Grp = _this select 0;
	_pos = _this select 1;
	_posT = _this select 2;
	waitUntil {(leader _Grp) distance _pos < 10};
	[_Grp, _posT, 300] call BIS_fnc_taskPatrol;
};

comment "Enables saving";
enableSaving [true, true];

comment "Enables Ravage on screen tutorials hints";
execVM "scripts\tuto.sqf";

comment "Deletes car wreck fire sound";
if (!isNil "_soundSource") then {
	WaitUntil {player distance _soundSource > 1000};
	deleteVehicle _soundSource;
}; 

Perhaps this can be added to the wiki for safekeeping for the next time I make a Ravage mission?

Perhaps this can be added to the wiki for safekeeping for the next time I make a Ravage mission?

I already got it saved in a Notepad file, just in case I decide to make another one.

Then i have to redone this as it was done pretty quick and link every possible command that can be found in the community wiki for the script arrays.

I'll speak with Kodabar.

Oh I see.

I had assumed this was essentially the exact script Haleks used for the intro. Long story short I was just thinking out loud that that the intro script, if possible, would make a lot of sense on the wiki for people that want to duplicate to a "T" the Altis intro section but just on other maps.

I really like the intros, and the original Altis spawns were nicely placed, the one spawn on my map I just made, I spawned further north (I randomly chose spots) and I got the three AI patrols that I happened to run into, I have only heard 1 guy shoot in the last hour, and have not seen any AI...I wanted some exciting gunfights!

Edit* Made it Paros, killed 3 guys, and managed to tag a humvee in the process, took out the drivers window with a full mag from my AK at point blank, and killed the other passenger. I had tried to destroy the wheel to prevent them from escaping, no such luck, it drags right now, well, used to. I took it for a stroll towards Blufor base, and got wrecked by another .50 cal humvee, who scored a lucky shot past the dead passenger and into me...well, not bad for my first go around.

Added a Big "T" to the world, find it, *only hint* The wonderful feeling of sand between my toes, down besides Molos. have fun charging bases with my gift.

Oh, I've been doing that, that's what I meant by "even without grass". Regardless, I've been in situations when I was being shot at from many directions, you don't see corpses well at 200-300m, and when the kill was from a teammate, you often don't even know the direction, and even if you do, you go to the first one, loot it, and by the time you went 400m back to the corpse of that other guy that shot at you, it has already despawned. IMHO we should have both an increase of despawn time for bandits and corpse markers on the map.

Maybe not despawn them at all? I've ran Pilgrimage playthroughs where I had killed 100+ enemies that never despawned and were marked on the map and did not notice any particular slowdown. And there is a radio menu option to clean up if things get ugly. I understand that in one playthrough we would encounter many hundreds of zombies, yet I wouldn't mind seeing their corpses stay longer. I don't know if it's technically possible, but don't despawn Z corpses that are less that, say, 500m from the player? I think everyone enjoys artistic corpse pileups, don't they?

Just looked through the setting module for Ravage, its a thing for the editor, you can disable the clean-up system for bodies, vehicles, etc. I am gonna try it without the system engaged.

Issue 3 I think is because of the lack of military buildings on Tanoa that causes the rarity of optics. Also there are 2 new military barracks classnames added to tanoa that I'm not sure you have added yet : Land_Barracks_01_grey_F and Land_Barracks_01_camo_F. So no loot was\is spawning in them.

Those building classnames are in the loot building lists. 

Could just be luck of the draw

Those building classnames are in the loot building lists. 

Could just be luck of the draw

I downloaded the latest version and neither were in the building list. Nothing ever spawned in them ever. The other barracks from regular A3 are there Land_i_Barracks_V1_F and Land_i_Barracks_V2_F but not the new ones