1. That's probably the lack of suitable industrial buildings on Tanoa to spawn loot - I'll try to tweak the lists.

2. No idea what may cause this; is it the vanilla map or the ravage item?

3. The lack of weapon attachments is more or less intentional, but also depends on the mods used. I'll take some time eventually to go through all the optics and see wich ones could be added (without affecting balance too much).

How about tiering the optics? like you would be more likely to find a ACO than a LRPS. and make it so thermal/nv sights are not avalible?

There are two different traders roaming the lands, one buying and selling weapons, and another buying and selling supplies.

:)

Nice and i just setted a "Trader Safezone" on "Ravage DayZs on Esseker" with only a guy selling weapons..wish i knew!

Another question.... I read the changelog so unless I missed something, then something is weird. Everytime I spawn there is no weapon in site.... normally there is one on the dead driver but I have restarted it 5 times and never gotten so much as a pistol....I am running the same mods I always do, and they are all ones that are on the lost of compatible mods, except a mod called Double Weapons....so that may be causing the issue, I am about to try it without that on, but I doubt that is the issue.. its never effected anything before.

An accurate answer to this will have to come from haleks........but dude, failing to find a weapon at the start of a mission is not the end of the world.....no wait, it IS the end of the world.  :P

Try tailing a bandit group for a while, they will soon come into contact with zeds, and if your lucky the zeds will do the dirty work for you, then when it's safe you can move in and scavenge the corpses. Tried and tested this method a few times, very satisfying. ;)

• Like 1

An accurate answer to this will have to come from haleks........but dude, failing to find a weapon at the start of a mission is not the end of the world.....no wait, it IS the end of the world.  :P

Try tailing a bandit group for a while, they will soon come into contact with zeds, and if your lucky the zeds will do the dirty work for you, then when it's safe you can move in and scavenge the corpses. Tried and tested this method a few times, very satisfying. ;)

LOL I never thought of that. Sounds fun haha. I actually just ended up spawning myself in a CZ (the small one) from the CUP weapons pack. With like 1 or 2 extra mags and worked my way from there. Now I have a full inventory trying to find a vehicle or a trader XP

Did you save your mission under a different name? If that's the case you'll need to copy the content (except mission.sqm) of the demo into your new mission folder before exporting.

That makes sense. I'll have to try that.

Haleks, I came across a minor error on the Tanoa mission. Just a warning about a bad vehicle type. It didn't cause any problems. It was in Georgetown.

20160715005045_1_zpsiomatphv.jpg

• Like 1

Hello,

I downladed the last ravage mod, but I can't chosse Tanoa as map. 

Can anyone help me?

arma3wbys4.jpg

Can anyone help me?

Hello,

I downladed the last ravage mod, but I can't chosse Tanoa as map. 

Can anyone help me?

arma3wbys4.jpg

Can anyone help me?

Do you own the Apex expansion?.......If you do, have you moved the rvg_apex pbo from the "optionals" folder to the "addons" folder?  :)

• Like 2

Do you own the Apex expansion?.......If you do, have you moved the rvg_apex pbo from the "optionals" folder to the "addons" folder?  :)

It works! Thank you very much.

• Like 1

Hi guys!

Quick update : some bug fixes and minor tweaks, mostly. Mission-makers : if you've been using the Structures module, remove it from your missions before updating. It has been disabled for now since it can cause a lot of issues (sorry for the hastle).

I've also updated the list of recommended mods in the OP, and added a "Performances Tips" section (feel free to share yours!).

Note that if you use the Arma3 Launcher, you no longer need to move the rvg_apex file from the optionals folder : it will be detected from there by the launcher (look for Ravage Apex).

Changelog :

Tweaked :
The Structures module has been disabled for now, as it causes critical issues.
The Altis Demo mission no longer applies presets to zombie uniforms (it could impact performances).

Fixed :
Fixed Bad Vehicle Type error about CUP backpacks.
Fixed a script error in the introduction sequence of the Altis Demo.
The Ambiant Zed spawner should now spawn more infected around players travelling in vehicles.

New :
Renegades will use the infected faces from WarfareThai mod if present.
rvg_apex can be enabled from the "optionals" folder with the Arma3 Launcher : look for "Ravage Apex".
Added new mod meta config and vignette for "Ravage Apex".

Download Link : Ravage v0.1.38

drive_logo.png

• Like 6

EDIT : 90% of the OP has just been lost during an Edit accident... T_T

Anyone knows if it can be reverted by a moderator?

If all is lost, maybe copy/paste Ravage frontpage from Armaholic.......  

I'll probably write a new one this week-end, unless a moderator can restore it...

Cancels render of Tanoa mission installation guide video, downloads 0.1.38, edits wiki page (shortest-lived article ever!), re-records voiceover. Ha ha ha.

• Like 2

I'll probably write a new one this week-end, unless a moderator can restore it...

Not sure what can be done about this. There may be something the Community manager knows, but he is away until the 18th. If you want to wait until then I will mark the report for him.

• Like 1

Cancels render of Tanoa mission installation guide video, downloads 0.1.38, edits wiki page (shortest-lived article ever!), re-records voiceover. Ha ha ha.

That being said, your previous article can still be usefull to those who don't use the launcher. ;)

The sub-mod config is a very recent (and accidental) find on my part.

@ineptaphid : I'll probably wait til sunday then.

• Like 2

I can't get the launcher sub mod config to work. But then I've made so many changes to ArmA and have so much stuff installed that I'm not surprised it doesn't work.

If someone else is able to use that function, I'd really appreciate it if you could add something to the wiki.

Yeah I've got to say, losing really important posts is way way too easy on this site. When I posted one of my missions in the user mission area, I lost the entire thing because I clicked backspace and Windows 10 apparently thought I wanted to go back a page and not just move my text cursor and the auto save thingy failed. Lol. I'm sure it was my fault but still. :)

It's also nearly impossible to copy/paste links. It almost never lets you paste.

And when you want to bold something or use special characters from the post formatting options, very often your cursor wil inexplicably start typing from right to left rather than left to right.

Although my issues with the posting format here aren't exactly the same as saving half of a post and losing everything, I can definitely see how this would be an easier than ideal thing that could happen.

I'm to the point now where I do most of my important editing from mobile. It's much safer IMO. Sorry you lost the OP Haleks. Ineptaphid is a good dude so I'm sure they'll do everything they can to restore it.

Hi haleks,

Great MOD. Though it was about time I said that!

Sorry about the 'accident' with the OP. It's still available via Google Chache ATM if you need to grab a copy: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:jHVSxc3XKkMJ:https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/183264-ravage-mod/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=nz&client=firefox-b-ab

Not sure if that will make your job of redoing it easier or harder.

EDIT: Just a small bug report...

Trying out the new Tanoa map with 0.1.38: While in the Briefing, clicking on the Inventory link in the Players section brought up 'The instruction at 0x0000000001048976 referenced at memory at 0x0000000000000054. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program.'

Only MODs loaded are CBA, Ravage and Ravage APEX in that order.

PS: This might be a Dev build issue as I forgot I was still out there. Will try on Stable.

Same on Stable. Memory location changes but still crashes when clicking the inventory link. Everything seems to work fine in game though, so not a show stopper.

• Like 2

Your codebase has mixed case references to filenames:

- in your code you reference 'ravage',

- the file is actually 'Ravage'

Can you please lowercase all your filenames and references to those filenames in your code, this is preventing me from running this mod on a linux server where case matters.

@haleks: sorry to hear about your front page - dont' despair! 

@kodabar: once 1.38 is live on my preferred update platform PWS, I'll publish my Esseker mission and will then do maintenance of my previous missions on Chernarus Winter.  Should be mostly cosmetic additions like the new trader module for the Non-ACE versions, but of course it will need some more effort to test the ACE versions if they do at the very least work in MP. 

• Like 1

I was thinking I should try this mod for some nice SP gameplay. So I subscried to cba on Steam and downloaded the latest ravage version on armaholic and put the @ravage folder in my Arma 3 folder where I have my other @ stuff. However, when I start the launcher of Arma, Ravage is not listed under mods. So I cant tick the box to Load Arma with Ravage. What could be my mistake ?

I was thinking I should try this mod for some nice SP gameplay. So I subscried to cba on Steam and downloaded the latest ravage version on armaholic and put the @ravage folder in my Arma 3 folder where I have my other @ stuff. However, when I start the launcher of Arma, Ravage is not listed under mods. So I cant tick the box to Load Arma with Ravage. What could be my mistake ?

There is a button at the top that says "Local Mod", press it. Then go to your steam apps and common, ect. ect and find the Arma 3 folder, click on the @Ravage, once just so it highlights and then hit in the bottom left corner what ever button is like when you go to open a word document or something like that. IT will add it to your mod list, BUT it will not auto update so you will have to keep track of the updates here on this site.

• Like 3

I've remade the OP (copy/pasted everything from Armaholic would be more accurate)...

If you haven't already, I suggest taking a look at the performances tips section. ;)

I will add new shiny screenshots later.

@airtonix : Will do. It only concerns file names & references right?