Do AI mods like ASR_AI work with this or does it screw up zombie behaviour?

I only ask because the AI patrols I come across seem terribly stupid. 4 of them stood in a line just watching as I popped each of them with a pistol  

**Never mind I worked out what I was doing wrong, they don't really react when you're a civilian. Made myself BLUFOR and got wrecked :p **

And the latest DEV build changelog :

New :

Equipment Pool presets can be applied to dynamically spawned zombies. 

Does this mean that the dynamically spawned zombies would now have gear? this one got me really confused.
Seeing that the "equipment pool" module is a weapon/equipment content chooser.

Does this mean that the dynamically spawned zombies would now have gear? this one got me really confused.
Seeing that the "equipment pool" module is a weapon/equipment content chooser.

Only uniforms mate......haleks always keeps performance in mind, adding headgear and vests to a scenario that potentially spawns large numbers of zeds could have an adverse effect on performance. :)  

Only uniforms mate......haleks always keeps performance in mind, adding headgear and vests to a scenario that potentially spawns large numbers of zeds could have an adverse effect on performance. :)  

Sounds good!, from experience though i had a bad luck with zombies wearing RHS uniforms.. ( I'm not really familiar with the CUP content over A3 or the Warfare Thai assets since i see their presence in the module ) but having that zombies wearing that detailed RHS uniforms noticed a huge performance drop while on my testings but i think that would be optional and everything would be good.

Hello

I see zombies chasing me when I'm in a car. But they still can't attack me. They just stay near my car and do nothing...

Hey is this gonna be on the Steam Workshop?

Edit: Oh nevermind there are versions already there built off this base version.

Edit 2: Err but I think they still require this base mod, so will the base mod get on Workshop?

Haleks doesn't like some of the terms of the Steam Workshop agreement (and I can't say I blame him), so it's unlikely that we'll see Ravage on there. But, as you point out, some Ravage missions are available on Steam. They do still require the base Ravage mod to be downloaded manually though.

Haleks doesn't like some of the terms of the Steam Workshop agreement (and I can't say I blame him), so it's unlikely that we'll see Ravage on there. But, as you point out, some Ravage missions are available on Steam. They do still require the base Ravage mod to be downloaded manually though.

Ok I never thought about that, certainly a valid concern if he thinks so. Well I'm about to try it out for the first time and with the newest arma version so I'm gonna see how it goes.

• Like 2

I love this thing, most fun i've had with the Arma series since the original DayZ mod released.

Thanks Haleks, I've just donated via Paypal :)

• Like 3

I love this thing, most fun i've had with the Arma series since the original DayZ mod released.

Thanks Haleks, I've just donated via Paypal :)

Thanks to you for your support!

The update is right around the corner by the way, just tweaking/fixing some last minute stuff. ;)

• Like 5

Update time! Ravage v137 is here!

Lot of changes with this update, as some of you may know already. Some quick notes about Ravage 137 :
- You'll find a new "Optionals" folder : it contains editable versions of the demo missions, and the rvg_apex.pbo file, wich contains a new demo mission set on Tanoa and some config stuff for Apex owners.
- Speaking of Apex, some of its assets are included and used by default, however they can be completely replaced with the Equipment Pool module and any of the supported addons. FYI : the Altis demo mission will use RHS weapons if they are present.
- The Ambiant AI module can spawn nomad traders, but note that those will replace recruitable survivors : setting the Traders Presence to 100% will actually disable recruitable survivors. This behaviour will most likely be improved/changed in the next versions.
- The new Structures module can damage any building and disable any lamp on any map. Use with caution though! Using it to transform all structures on maps will increase loading times (and cause other issues, wich is why it is MP only). It should be used to modify specific areas only.

...And here's the changelog!

Tweaked :
Updated Mod config.
Crew now stay in their vehicle even when under fire.
Added SFX for turning Geiger counter on & off.
The Altis demo mission is now set in mid-summer (with full moon).
All units, editor-placed or spawned, now benefits from the infinite Ammo system.
Navigation lights in airports are now disabled.
Shorten Stamina Restoration timer.
Increased Throwable Flares lifetime.
Reduced Weather Overcast during night time.
Expanded list of anti-rad protection gear to support all vanilla items (including Apex).
Removed DMZ_delete script (Ravage uses its own functions).
Weapons & mags lists are sorted by a calculated "weapon cost" value based on ammo caliber and other parameters.
Random selection of weapons & mags for AI & loot system uses Gaussian distribution based on "weapon cost".
Bandit groups have a random chance to actively track the nearest player.
Players can now choose wich item to burn when creating a fireplace.
Added notification when creating a new MP save.
Loot on killed players is deleted on respawn.
Tweaked loot randomisation to remain consistant with dynamic lists.
Using third party weapons with the Equipment Pool module will disable Arma3 weapons entirely.
Improved loot system behaviour regarding players in vehicles.
Remade stock loot & gear lists, some Apex assets are included by default.
Removed random chance to run out of ammo for recruited survivors.
Weapon holders can be excluded from the clean-up system with the "owned" variable (ex : this setVariable ["owned", 1]).
Optimized zed spawns in the wild.
Added new loot containers to the loot system.

Fixed :
Solved potential config dependencies issues.
Fixed relative position of Geiger numerical display (again!).
Possible fix for zombies not spawning after a player respawn.
Fixed an error when attaching chemlights inside vehicles.
Enemy groups not engaging unless sustaining losses.
Filling bottles not working on Tanoa water sources.
Clean-up functions interfering with ambient anims.
Fixed a potential behaviour conflict when recruiting survivors.
Friendly survivors were disabled in MP.
Zombies weren't spawning in the wild.
Vehicle Repair & Scavenge scripts failing to detect vanilla toolkits in player's inventory.
Vehicle spawner would spawn too many wrecks per location over time.
Fixed an issue with pulsing damage effect.
Gear weight influence on animation speed was improved.
Zombie sounds are now disabled in Eden editor.
Zombies could sometimes be heard giving orders right after spawning.
Fixed Error message caused by rvg_fnc_init_save.
Zombie Horde Module not spawning any zombies.
Zombie Horde Module tagged "SP only" (now MP-compatible).
RPT errors generated by zombie attacks on vehicles.

New :
Optional file "rvg_Apex" with missions & data related to Tanoa.
New demo mission on Tanoa (requires rvg_Apex and ownership of Arma3 Apex) - WIP.
Editor versions of the demo missions added to Optional files.
New World Scenes for the Main Menu.
Removed Spotlight Videos from the Main Menu.
Added a basic trading system, compatible with all supported addons (WIP).
Added a "Traders Presence" setting to the Ambiant AI Module.
Added a Dynamic Sand Gusts setting to the Atmosphere module.
Added "Condition" field to ambiant AI & Zombies modules (repeatedly calculated code, can be used to delay or pause AI spawns - no arguments passed).
Added support for Apex Offroads.
Added Apex items to the loot system & NPC survivors.
Added Apex uniforms to zombies.
Added a new "Structures" module allowing to damage buildings and disable street lamps on any terrain (MP only - causes issues in SP).
Added Middle-East factions to the Ambiant AI Module.
Added presets to the Equipment Pool module (Altis, Chernarus, Takistan, Tanoa).
Equipment Pool presets can be applied to dynamically spawned zombies.
Added an option for Apex buildings to the Loot System.

Download Link : Ravage version 0.1.37

drive_logo.png

Enjoy guys & gals! ;)

Note to mission makers :
here's a quick example mission showing how to turn editor-placed NPCs into traders : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8J1S463UMFqOU4wTk95S2R4NXM

• Like 11

sounds great haleks! awesome progress there.

i'd love to do a test run on cosmic's server with all/some of the other testers now that Tanoa is on stable.

never saw you play your own creation. bet it would be interesting to watch :lol:

• Like 3

never saw you play your own creation. bet it would be interesting to watch :lol:

I recall when we were testing v135, the elusive Monsieur Haleks did make an appearance......but like Keyser Soze......

:lol:

• Like 5

RL is killing me right now but I'll try to get server updated and a tanoa version out shortly...

• Like 1

Congrats to the release, haleks!  Was fun to test, and now it's time for some mission polishing&publishing!

Not many people realise this, but Haleks actually is Altis. Every time you play, you're running around on a tiny part of him. Haleks is actually an anagram of Altis (in the Cyrillic alphabet). And if you take the first letter the names of all the major ArmA 3 update, it spells Haleks. Spooky.

• Like 6

Thank you Foxhound!

G'day Haleks,

Loving what you've delivered to us so far.  I have one issue at the moment. I have noticed when I try to place a military cargo building, a rusty and dirty variant is placed in the editor. If I remove Ravage mod from my mod list, the original clean version shows up.

I realise that that the mod is based around a post apocalyptic them, but I was wondering if you could allow the clean military cargo buildings to be present as well as the rusty/dirty variants?

Thank you for what you have provided to the community. Nothing I like better at the moment is loading up a helo gunship and going zombie hunting.

So me an my friend are encountering a problem with saving. When we go to "save & exit", it seems to get stuck saving, and we eventually have to ALT + F4.

@Haleks 

Nice update mate thanks for bringing that to us, i'm gonna pm you soon about some possible feedback regarding the latest update.
Keep up the amazing work.

Edit: Oh nevermind there are versions already there built off this base version.

Edit 2: Err but I think they still require this base mod, so will the base mod get on Workshop?

Yeah it seem like the workshop have been overdosed recently with custom missions based on the Ravage mod, basically I've seen like 3 different Tanoa ravage missions posted from different people for the same terrain. ^_^

Ran v0137 on server late last night. So glad to have zombies back in full force!!

Fire

• Like 1

When I move the rvg_apex.pbo into my missions folder, it doesn't show up in scenarios. Is this a bug/problem on my end? Thanks

When I move the rvg_apex.pbo into my missions folder, it doesn't show up in scenarios. Is this a bug/problem on my end? Thanks

rvg_apex is an addon file, it needs to go in "Ravage/addons". Sorry if this wasn't clear - I should've added a little README in there.

• Like 2