Just checking to make sure its the right download site - bear with me

Tracked it down to the Iraqi Warfare Mod we included in our modpack. No idea why Ravage would be included in that - I see a 'gasmask' in there, which might be a possibility.

Either way, I am trying to cherrypick it apart. I actually like the Iraqi Warfare mod - but Ravage seems to have affected at least the Altis map, making all the 'fascinating comments' to do with Ravage rather than Altis and giving the whole map a dilapidated, abandoned appearance it never had before. I am fairly sure other maps are equally affected.

Being a MP server, it also affects performance whether we load Ravage modules or not.

Thanks for your help - soon as you can get a Ravage version more stable with MP (and Ace, I think), let me know!

I really hope someone didn't try to include parts of ravage into another mod. This stuff drives me insane when I see this. Making mods is time consuming. Making mods as in depth as Ravage even more so.

Give them hell Haleks!

• Like 1

I really hope someone didn't try to include parts of ravage into another mod. This stuff drives me insane when I see this. Making mods is time consuming. Making mods as in depth as Ravage even more so.

Give them hell Haleks!

It happens every now and then sadly - I already know of a couple mods wich use parts of Ravage amongst other stuff...

Usually bad patchworks of assets from multiple mods or games; it's soddin' to see that some players even donate to those guys. Not to mention the issues & confusion it causes.

Seems a little strange - its not like Ravage is the sort of .pbo that would be compatible with this mod. Maybe it was an accident.

Maybe it was an accident.

I highly doubt that.

Edit......maybe the same accident accidentally added Reyhard's RDS Tank and APC packs, plus a few more bits and pieces.....all without being credited.   

• Like 1

Just downloaded it to check it out : all ravage files are in there, plus some pbos from at least two other mods.

Seen as there is no way to contact Altermann, I'll just report this to Armaholic staff...

EDIT : Reported. The mod is no longer maintained anyway, and obviously causes a lot of issues besides violating several licenses.

EDIT² : DMCA Takedown filed on Steam Workshop as well.

• Like 5

That's some bad shit right there......I feel for you Haleks......but not in the Chaka Khan way.  :(

• Like 1

New world scenes for Altis :

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

(Ambiant Occlusion is a bit extreme on this one...)

And the latest DEV build changelog :

Tweaked :
The Altis demo mission is now set in mid-summer (with full moon).
All units, editor-placed or spawned, now benefits from the infinite Ammo system.
Navigation lights in airports are now disabled.
Shorten Stamina Restoration timer.
Increased Throwable Flares lifetime.
Reduced Weather Overcast during night time.
Expanded list of anti-rad protection gear to support all vanilla items (including Apex).
Removed DMZ_delete script (Ravage uses its own functions).
Weapons & mags lists are sorted by a calculated "weapon cost" value based on ammo caliber and other parameters.
Random selection of weapons & mags for AI & loot system uses Gaussian distribution based on "weapon cost".
Bandit groups have a random chance to actively track the nearest player.
Players can now choose wich item to burn when creating a fireplace.
Added notification when creating a new MP save.
Loot on killed players is deleted on respawn.
Tweaked loot randomisation to remain consistant with dynamic lists.
Using third party weapons with the Equipment Pool module will disable Arma3 weapons entirely.
Improved loot system behaviour regarding players in vehicles.
Remade stock loot & gear lists, some Apex assets are included by default.
Removed random chance to run out of ammo for recruited survivors.
Weapon holders can be excluded from the clean-up system with the "owned" variable (ex : this setVariable ["owned", 1]).
Optimized zed spawns in the wild.
Added new loot containers to the loot system.

Fixed :
Possible fix for zombies not spawning after a player respawn.
Fixed an error when attaching chemlights inside vehicles.
Enemy groups not engaging unless sustaining losses.
Filling bottles not working on Tanoa water sources.
Clean-up functions interfering with ambient anims.
Fixed a potential behaviour conflict when recruiting survivors.
Friendly survivors were disabled in MP.
Zombies weren't spawning in the wild.
Vehicle Repair & Scavenge scripts failing to detect vanilla toolkits in player's inventory.
Vehicle spawner would spawn too many wrecks per location over time.
Fixed an issue with pulsing damage effect.
Gear weight influence on animation speed was improved.
Zombie sounds are now disabled in Eden editor.
Zombies could sometimes be heard giving orders right after spawning.
Fixed Error message caused by rvg_fnc_init_save.
Zombie Horde Module not spawning any zombies.
Zombie Horde Module tagged "SP only" (now MP-compatible).
RPT errors generated by zombie attacks on vehicles.

New :

New World Scenes and tweaked Main Menu.
Added a basic trading system, compatible with all supported addons (WIP).
Added a "Traders Presence" setting to the Ambiant AI Module.
Added a Dynamic Sand Gusts setting to the Atmosphere module.
Added "Condition" field to ambiant AI & Zombies modules (repeatedly calculated code, can be used to delay or pause AI spawns - no arguments passed).
Added support for Apex Offroads.
Added Apex items to the loot system & NPC survivors.
Added Apex uniforms to zombies.
Added a new "Structures" module allowing to damage buildings and disable street lamps on any terrain (MP only - causes issues in SP).
Added Middle-East factions to the Ambiant AI Module.
Added presets to the Equipment Pool module (Altis, Chernarus, Takistan, Tanoa).
Equipment Pool presets can be applied to dynamically spawned zombies.
Added an option for Apex buildings to the Loot System.

• Like 10

Sorry to have been the bringer of bad news ... but glad I figured it out in the end!

Sorry to have been the bringer of bad news ... but glad I figured it out in the end!

Don't be sorry! I'm actually glad that someone found out about this.

The mod has been taken down on Armaholic and Steam Workshop - we just need to wait for the PW6 guys to do the same.

• Like 1

When you plan to release updates?

Once you've read the forum rules. ;)

• Like 2

@haleks

Good job at handling the situation. I've seen too many mod creators throw a temper tantrum which ultimately leads to their mod dying off, the mod that stole the stuff always ends up dying off, and then everyone is at a loss.

The key to defeating pirates (besides reporting them) is to be constantly improving. While your on Ravage 4.5 with all this awesome sauce, that rip off mod is using some hacked Ravage 0.3 that cause major compatibility issues and eventually dies off with a few Arma patch updates.

Looking forward to the Apex version.

Once you've read the forum rules.  ;)

Does this mean never? lol

• Like 2

Does this mean never? lol

Hopefully not. ^^

The update is still set around Apex release; at the moment I'm still tweaking and adding stuff to the Trading system whenever I have time for it. Besides that, the mod is pretty much ready for Apex.

• Like 3

A fresh character, a fresh challenge.....

Jru1rWS.jpg?1

• Like 1

Does anyone else getting textures for these items or is it something wrong on my end or there are some unassigned materials over there?

That happens for the toolkits,the knife the hose and for any type of cooked/raw meat.

apCzSQ4g.jpg

-

Don't worry it also happens to me... When I drop these items on the ground I also notice that they are all textured in black...

Maybe it will be fixed in the next update/patch.

I didn't mind it at all and it is just a minor texture error.

Hope to see these items will be textured soon.

-

DAAAAMN, Haleks! This is looking to be the best Ravage release since you first released it.

Will we be able to disable the spawned and placed AI infinite ammo, or is it going to be an always on thing?

-

I would like to ask you guys about the Bigger Trunks mod by Rydygier.

Does the mod also works on modded vehicles like the vehicles from RHS, CUP, etc.?

I asked cause I can't verify if it is working or not on a non-Arma 3 vehicle... because there is no weight value on the inventory window to determine the weight if it is increased or not. Only a white bar.

Thank you. 

-

Now that I have encountered the Ravage mod, albeit not under the best of circs - is it compatible with MP and ACE? I realise the one I met was a ripped-off, sawn-off version.

DAAAAMN, Haleks! This is looking to be the best Ravage release since you first released it.

Will we be able to disable the spawned and placed AI infinite ammo, or is it going to be an always on thing?

It will be an always on thing, but limited to units on foot using either their primary weapon or handgun. I think it's the best solution given the difficulty for the AI to rearm themselves on their own.

I can include a variable check for mission makers who would like to exclude specific units from this system.

Now that I have encountered the Ravage mod, albeit not under the best of circs - is it compatible with MP and ACE? I realise the one I met was a ripped-off, sawn-off version.

Yes, Ravage is MP-compatible, although there is no "official" MP mission at the moment. Check the wiki if you want to find a scenario : http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Unofficial_Ravage_missions

It is also compatible with ACE, although using it in SP is not recommended.

I hope you'll have fun trying it out! ;)

@Tachyon : I have no idea - did you ask Rydygier?

• Like 1