-

@tyger

Is this where I need to download the said app? From here => http://dev.withsix.com/projects/mikero-pbodll/files

There a lot of them. Do I only need to download the Eliteness or are there some other uploaded files that also needed to be downloaded from the said site?

Yep that's the site to get it from! I think there's three things you need to download:

1. Eliteness

2. DePBO.dll

3. DeRapify.dll

I think if you get those three that should be all you need.

Communicated through quantum entanglement on Tapatalk

Haleks do you have any idea why this is happening? 

Having the cleanup script enabled and any type of ambient combat animations binded to any enemy faction units, not give a single damn about you,

noticed that while i visited a crash site in Esseker the other day where i have an EAST group guarding it and have them also doing ambient anim stuff,

then there is also another guy on the workshop page mentioning this issue with units at camps which i narrowed down to be the clean up script.

Do i really need to go and remove their ambient animations and make them look silly standing like that "I" ,or do you think there is any kind of fix.

Take a look at the video it might help you understand better.

Haleks do you have any idea why this is happening? 
Having the cleanup script enabled and any type of ambient combat animations binded to any enemy faction units, not give a single damn about you,
noticed that while i visited a crash site in Esseker the other day where i have an EAST group guarding it and have them also doing ambient anim stuff,
then there is also another guy on the workshop page mentioning this issue with units at camps which i narrowed down to be the clean up script.
Do i really need to go and remove their ambient animations and make them look silly standing like that "I" ,or do you think there is any kind of fix.
Take a look at the video it might help you understand better.

What function do you use to play the ambient anims? Use BIS_fnc_ambientAnimCombat if you want them to switch back to default behaviour when engaged.

I'm not sure how the clean up functions could interfere with this, but I'll have a look-see.

What function do you use to play the ambient anims? Use BIS_fnc_ambientAnimCombat if you want them to switch back to default behaviour when engaged.

I'm not sure how the clean up functions could interfere with this, but I'll have a look-see.

Yeah sorry forgot to mention that and show an init field of that units,I've been using EAST faction but same applies for Guer as well,whatever enemy faction units have ambient combat animations happens the same.I do use BIS_fnc_ambientAnimCombat (if you see in the second part of the video with the DMZ script disabled the units get out of animation loop and attack me normally).

All right, thanks for the report. ;)

Hi guys, quick update on the "ravaged road" to Apex.

Thanks to the community's feedback, a lot of fixes are being worked on for the next release.

As I mentionned before, Apex will bring quite a few changes to Ravage regarding supported mods and the configuration of the loot system.

This was the occasion to improve related systems & modules : both the loot spawns & AI gear randomisation will use a Gaussian distribution method based on several factors (thanks to Tortuosit's suggestion) - this mainly concerns weapons right now, vanilla & modded ones alike. What this means is that from now on, high end weapons & magazines will be much harder to come by during your journeys. Don't expect to find those AKMs so easily. ;)

The modifications required for this will also benefit a basic trading system I've been working on. It is WIP still, but hopefully functional enough to be included in the next release. The system is compatible with all supported addons and will spawn nomad traders selling various goods and weapons. It's also possible to turn any NPC into a trader by setting a simple variable on it.

Here's the updated changelog :

Tweaked :
Removed DMZ_delete script (Ravage uses its own functions).
Weapons & mags lists are sorted by a calculated "weapon cost" value based on ammo caliber and other parameters.
Random selection of weapons & mags for AI & loot system uses Gaussian distribution based on "weapon cost".
Bandit groups have a random chance to actively track the nearest player.
Players can now choose wich item to burn when creating a fireplace.
Added notification when creating a new MP save.
Loot on killed players is deleted on respawn.
Tweaked loot randomisation to remain consistant with dynamic lists.
Using third party weapons with the Equipment Pool module will disable Arma3 weapons entirely.
Improved loot system behaviour regarding players in vehicles.
Remade stock loot & gear lists, some Apex assets are included by default.
Removed random chance to run out of ammo for recruited survivors.
Weapon holders can be excluded from the clean-up system with the "owned" variable (ex : this setVariable ["owned", 1]).
Optimized zed spawns in the wild.
Added new loot containers to the loot system.

Fixed :
Clean-up functions interfering with ambient anims.
Fixed a potential behaviour conflict when recruiting survivors.
Friendly survivors were disabled in MP.
Zombies weren't spawning in the wild.
Vehicle Repair & Scavenge scripts failing to detect vanilla toolkits in player's inventory.
Vehicle spawner would spawn too many wrecks per location over time.
Fixed an issue with pulsing damage effect.
Gear weight influence on animation speed was improved.
Zombie sounds are now disabled in Eden editor.
Zombies could sometimes be heard giving orders right after spawning.
Fixed Error message caused by rvg_fnc_init_save.
Zombie Horde Module not spawning any zombies.
Zombie Horde Module tagged "SP only" (now MP-compatible).
RPT errors generated by zombie attacks on vehicles.

New :
Added a basic trading system, compatible with all supported addons (WIP).
Added a "Traders Presence" setting to the Ambiant AI Module.
Added "Condition" field to ambiant AI & Zombies modules (repeatedly calculated code - no arguments passed).
Added support for Apex Offroads.
Added Apex items to the loot system & NPC survivors.
Added Apex uniforms to zombies.
Added a new "Structures" module allowing to damage buildings and disable street lamps on any terrain (MP only - causes issues in SP).
Added Middle-East factions to the Ambiant AI Module.
Added presets to the Equipment Pool module (Altis, Chernarus, Takistan, Tanoa).
Equipment Pool presets can be applied to dynamically spawned zombies.
Added an option for Apex buildings to the Loot System.

And a trader hard at work :

8c934495-dd36-4cc1-9679-3e7920b9fe59.jpg

ETA : Apex release. ;)

• Like 8

2 questions 

1. Will it be possible to disable the delete on respawn function? for those people that want a chance of reclaiming their loot on their missions?
  2. Will bandits be affected by this loot spawn method aswell, so we are more likely to see bandits with AKS-74s and such over MX and AK-12s and SPARs?

2 questions 

1. Will it be possible to disable the delete on respawn function? for those people that want a chance of reclaiming their loot on their missions?
  2. Will bandits be affected by this loot spawn method aswell, so we are more likely to see bandits with AKS-74s and such over MX and AK-12s and SPARs?

1. Not really planned, but it also depends on the tests results.

2. Yup. ;)

1. Not really planned, but it also depends on the tests results.

2. Yup. ;)

1. Ok. maybe make a module so its either timed despawn or instant despawn of loot
  2. Good.... gooooood.

Would someone please direct me to the guide on how to make it so I can play Ravage on Esseker?

Someone answered you the last time you asked. There is already an Esseker Ravage mission.

Jimmakos has created one and it's up on Steam. You can find it here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=655918216

On the wiki, there's a list of all the Ravage missions so far (including the Esseker one):

http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Unofficial_Ravage_missions

Also on the wiki, there's a guide to making and porting missions:

http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Creating_and_Porting_Ravage_Missions

• Like 5

Someone answered you the last time you asked. There is already an Esseker Ravage mission.

On the wiki, there's a list of all the Ravage missions so far (including the Esseker one):

Any new playthrough vids on the way pal? Really enjoyed the previous ones.

Hi guys, quick update on the "ravaged road" to Apex.

And a trader hard at work :

8c934495-dd36-4cc1-9679-3e7920b9fe59.jpg

ETA : Apex release. ;)

Nicely done Haleks! Cannot wait for this update to come into effect it looks and, sounds awesome.

Any new playthrough vids on the way pal? Really enjoyed the previous ones.

Thank you. I'm currently playing DayZ for the first time in about a year. I thought now that 0.60 is out it might be time I look at it again. I've forgotten just about everything and I've no idea about the new stuff (I actually got killed almost immediately because I didn't know the text chat button to reply to a 'hello'). I'm making a video of that. That'll take some time to do though.

I'll also be doing a new Ravage video. I thought I'd have a play through some of the other missions. I'll probably do one video of each of them. And I'm trying to find a suitable time to get my friends (who are willing to appear in a video) onto my server to play The Escape mission in multiplayer. Annoyingly they keep doing inconsiderate things like having babies or moving country. So it's proving a little tricky to make that happen.

I'd say you can expect the next video from me at the start of July, with several others to follow throughout that month.

(Oh and I've got a couple to come about Chinese film company logos, so that's getting in the way a little - it's a lot of work to make those)

• Like 4

Haleks could you add a population factor for the wreck/damaged spawned cars,having that enabled on maps smaller than Altis used to be an overkill.

@haleks: really great stuff in the update!  As always I'll be happy to help during the testing in SP and MP.  Once Apex and RAVAGE 1.37 are released, I'll update my existing RAVAGE missions to 1.37 and release a new one on Esseker I have already in the pipeline - just waiting for the traders and the equipment pool presets for perfect immersion!  I really like to see how RAVAGE moves steadily towards a full-grown RPG framework with all the classic elements players know and love from that genre.

@all: One thing I can fully confirm after extensive testing is the incompatility between RAVAGE and ACE as stated in the Wiki.  As of now, I will not bother with ACE in SP RAVAGE missions anymore. They price for the added features is too high if players loose hours of progress due to savegame crashes.

There was a window some ARMA, RAVAGE and ACE versions ago when it worked with RAVAGE 1.35 in SP and MP under A3 stable 1.58.  But with 1.60 and RAVAGE 1.36 and ACE 3.5.1, SP saves cannot be resumed reliably once a lot of action has happened in your playthrough - they often crash the game to desktop with access violation errors.  This doesn't change for better or worse with 1.63 DEV build.

MP RAVAGE saves on the other hand are so rugged (awesome job Haleks!) that most of the time you can resume savegames with ACE missions.  In SP it's as easy as this: once I take ACE out of my missions and my modline, resuming any savegame at any mission stage works fine.  Period.

RAVAGE offers so much unique gameplay elements that even though being a big fan of ACE I can happily live without that mod in RAVAGE SP missions.  In MP more testing might be needed, but unless specific demand for that is heard, I won't maintain the ACE versions of my missions any longer because I want to keep them playable in SP and MP alike.

Best regards to all the nice people here in the thread and let's get ready for loads of action once the new releases are there!

tourist

• Like 5

I've tried to play those Esseker Ravage missions, but all they do is crash, I have tried to port, It did work. but I am having problems.

@haleks: really great stuff in the update!  As always I'll be happy to help during the testing in SP and MP.  Once Apex and RAVAGE 1.37 are released, I'll update my existing RAVAGE missions to 1.37 and release a new one on Esseker I have already in the pipeline - just waiting for the traders and the equipment pool presets for perfect immersion!  I really like to see how RAVAGE moves steadily towards a full-grown RPG framework with all the classic elements players know and love from that genre.

@all: One thing I can fully confirm after extensive testing is the incompatility between RAVAGE and ACE as stated in the Wiki.  As of now, I will not bother with ACE in SP RAVAGE missions anymore. They price for the added features is too high if players loose hours of progress due to savegame crashes.

There was a window some ARMA, RAVAGE and ACE versions ago when it worked with RAVAGE 1.35 in SP and MP under A3 stable 1.58.  But with 1.60 and RAVAGE 1.36 and ACE 3.5.1, SP saves cannot be resumed reliably once a lot of action has happened in your playthrough - they often crash the game to desktop with access violation errors.  This doesn't change for better or worse with 1.63 DEV build.

MP RAVAGE saves on the other hand are so rugged (awesome job Haleks!) that most of the time you can resume savegames with ACE missions.  In SP it's as easy as this: once I take ACE out of my missions and my modline, resuming any savegame at any mission stage works fine.  Period.

RAVAGE offers so much unique gameplay elements that even though being a big fan of ACE I can happily live without that mod in RAVAGE SP missions.  In MP more testing might be needed, but unless specific demand for that is heard, I won't maintain the ACE versions of my missions any longer because I want to keep them playable in SP and MP alike.

Best regards to all the nice people here in the thread and let's get ready for loads of action once the new releases are there!

tourist

Thanks for the input on ACE, tourist!

I'm aware that several people are having access violation errors but I didn't know that ACE could be a possible culprit - but then again ACE was never really intended for SP.

I'll edit the Wiki. ;)

@Haleks  I've asked this several times before and never got any information. How does the Hunger/Thirst Rate Setting work? Is it done like the Time Acceleration(Higher Values means it decays quicker)? Adding how it works as a tool tip would be great, akin to the tooltip on Time Acceleration.

@Haleks  I've asked this several times before and never got any information. How does the Hunger/Thirst Rate Setting work? Is it done like the Time Acceleration(Higher Values means it decays quicker)? Adding how it works as a tool tip would be great, akin to the tooltip on Time Acceleration.

I probably missed your post - yes it does work the same way : the higher the factor, the faster the decay.

Good point about the tooltip. ;)

Hi everyone,

i tried to play the ravage mod together with a friend yesterday. i installed the mod on our server, and loaded up "the escape" as mission.

if i play alone, everything works fine, but as soon as my friend spawns, his hunger and thirst drop rapidly and he obviously dies.

another problem we were facing is that i could see zeds where he would see none, and he could see zeds where i didnt see them.

are these known problems in mp? and how can we fix those issues?

thanks in advance :)

(im sorry if this was explained or posted earlier, i did not find the time to read through 135 pages :)

Hi everyone,

i tried to play the ravage mod together with a friend yesterday. i installed the mod on our server, and loaded up "the escape" as mission.

if i play alone, everything works fine, but as soon as my friend spawns, his hunger and thirst drop rapidly and he obviously dies.

another problem we were facing is that i could see zeds where he would see none, and he could see zeds where i didnt see them.

are these known problems in mp? and how can we fix those issues?

thanks in advance :)

(im sorry if this was explained or posted earlier, i did not find the time to read through 135 pages :)

A similar sounding problem was posted a few days ago........the best advice is to first make sure you, your friend and the server are running exactly the same versions of Ravage and CBA.  :)

• Like 1

Thanks Haleks. I guess that another thing to add to the Apex Patch.

I've tried to play those Esseker Ravage missions, but all they do is crash, I have tried to port, It did work. but I am having problems.

Then, goodness me, please discuss it with the author. Jimmakos is very active on his Steam page and does his best to help everyone. I've installed and tested all his missions and had them work just fine.

If you're having trouble with porting, ask about it. There's a lot of knowledgeable people and they will try to help. It's best if you can give as much information as possible when you ask a question; so try to describe the exact problem, the steps leading up to it, what you have installed, etc. I can appreciate that it is pretty difficult to get into ArmA modding - there's a very steep learning curve initially, but once you get over that, it becomes a lot easier.

Don't be discouraged. We're all keen to help and very keen to see what you can make! Heck, I can remember when Haleks first appeared. It's been incredible to see his progress and how he's learned to do the things he does now.

• Like 3

Tweaking the main menu...

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

• Like 11

How to repair vehicle hull? Engine? Fuel? Etc