-

Salutations to all !!!

Is the Ravage mod compatible with ( NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons ) by massi?

Or is it already implemented which I am not aware of?

Thank you.

Hooraaah!!!

-

I wouldn't use or fiddle with those : the functions used by those triggers will most likely change and/or be handled by their own module in the near future.

Ah, that's a shame, but good to hear it should become more user friendly to use soon. My friends and I were hoping to get a Stalker-ish vibe going with some faction based locations.

I hope I don't come of as a bit cheeky here but, are you looking to expand this mod much more? For example a money/trading system, hostile wildlife, faction based quests? Or would you say it's mostly achieving what you had hoped for?

@tachyon & Teilx : Both are planned, but no ETA at the moment.

Ah, that's a shame, but good to hear it should become more user friendly to use soon. My friends and I were hoping to get a Stalker-ish vibe going with some faction based locations.

I hope I don't come of as a bit cheeky here but, are you looking to expand this mod much more? For example a money/trading system, hostile wildlife, faction based quests? Or would you say it's mostly achieving what you had hoped for?

No, the mod isn't  anywhere complete, there's a fair amount of game mechanics I'd like to add or improve.

It will be more or less final the day I'm satisfied enough to start writing a campaign - could be in a year, or three, I don't know. ^^

• Like 2

As for weighted spawning chances, are you aware of the gaussian distrib. random array command ("_x = random [min, med, max];")? Just sayin in case :D

I am most insterested in AI doing meaningful things, control over editor modules, more realistic spawns (like heavy guns at military places)...

Hi guys, Ravage is getting ready for Apex!

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

As I'm sure you all know, BIS released the sandbox content from Apex on Dev branch, giving us modders plenty of time to get ready for July 11th.
Ravage is being prepped for the jungles of Tanoa, and a lot of changes have been made to the default loot lists and the way they interact with dynamically added content from third party addons.
The most important one is that owning Apex will more or less be a requirement if you intend to play Ravage without any other mods : some of the new assets are much more consistant with the world depicted by Ravage and simply can't be an option in my opinion. That will, without a doubt, be frustrating to those who don't own Apex - but maintaining multiple loot lists across various configurations is not a viable option.

That being said, another consequence of the incoming Apex release, is that modded content can have priority over vanilla weapons & gear in Ravage. Until Apex, Arma3 content and most modded weapons were covering totally different areas; that won't be the case anymore and mixing stock equipment with mods will cause several compatibility issues when it comes to mags, weapon attachments etc... As a result, using modded weapons in Ravage will completely replace the vanilla lists. Basically, if you don't own Apex and don't want to see pop-ups when picking up random weapons, just use the Equipment Pool module to build a new list from RHS, CUP, or WarfareThai.

Another addition (wich has been mentioned before) is the "preset" setting for the Equipment Pool module : this is the end of dudes spawning in takistan clothes on Chernarus when using CUP or warfareThai. Each preset (Altis, Chernarus, Takistan, Tanoa) will influence the loot lists being used by NPCs and the loot system, and will apply to vanilla content as well as supported addons. It's another step in giving more control to mission makers, and the system will most likely be expanded upon in the future.

Anyway, here's what has been done so far :

Tweaked :
Bandit groups have a random chance to actively track the nearest player.
Added notification when creating a new MP save.
Loot on killed players is deleted on respawn.
Tweaked loot randomisation to remain consistant with dynamic lists.
Using third party weapons with the Equipment Pool module will disable Arma3 weapons entirely.
Improved loot system behaviour regarding players in vehicles.
Remade stock loot & gear lists, some Apex assets are included by default.
Removed random chance to run out of ammo for recruited survivors.
Weapon holders can be excluded from the clean-up system with the "owned" variable (ex : this setVariable ["owned", 1]).
Optimized zed spawns in the wild.
Added new loot containers to the loot system.
Fixed :
Zombies weren't spawning in the wild.
Vehicle Repair & Scavenge scripts failing to detect vanilla toolkits in player's inventory.
Vehicle spawner would spawn too many wrecks per location over time.
Fixed an issue with pulsing damage effect.
Gear weight influence on animation speed was improved.
Zombie sounds are now disabled in Eden editor.
Zombies could sometimes be heard giving orders right after spawning.
Fixed Error message caused by rvg_fnc_init_save.
Zombie Horde Module not spawning any zombies.
Zombie Horde Module tagged "SP only" (now MP-compatible).
RPT errors generated by zombie attacks on vehicles.
New :
Added support for Apex Offroads.
Added Apex items to the loot system & NPC survivors.
Added Apex uniforms to zombies.
Added a new "Structures" module allowing to damage buildings and disable street lamps on any terrain (MP only - causes issues in SP).
Added Middle-East factions to the Ambiant AI Module.
Added presets to the Equipment Pool module (Altis, Chernarus, Takistan, Tanoa).
Equipment Pool presets can be applied to dynamically spawned zombies.
Added an option for Apex buildings to the Loot System.

You guys can thank Cosmic (and Na_Palm for his scripts), who took care of gathering the data to make the loot system work on Tanoa structures. ;)
If you have any suggestions or observations about the incoming changes, I am all ears.

• Like 7

man great job :D keep doing that

i hope there way to buy you some coffee without this paypal (my country block this way :( )

Quick info: GPS is still not working. It does work when I create mission in editor using Ravage elements, however today I shot down a heli with .50cal on offroad and GPS found on the crew isnt working when I try to activate it with Ctrl+M

isnt working when I try to activate it with Ctrl+M

Yeah because "Show GPS" value is disabled in general attributes of the mission in the editor,at least for the demo mission if i remember correctly.

It's not meant to work i believe.

• Like 2

Quick info: GPS is still not working. It does work when I create mission in editor using Ravage elements, however today I shot down a heli with .50cal on offroad and GPS found on the crew isnt working when I try to activate it with Ctrl+M

Honestly I don't remember fiddling with the GPS (except for helicopters configs); I've been making SciFi-ish missions for Ravage in wich the player has a GPS, and never had any problem. As Jimmakos suggests, check your mission parameters and/or your mods.

As for weighted spawning chances, are you aware of the gaussian distrib. random array command ("_x = random [min, med, max];")? Just sayin in case :D

I am most insterested in AI doing meaningful things, control over editor modules, more realistic spawns (like heavy guns at military places)...

Thanks for the tip mate, I didn't know that about random.

I've spent the last couple hours fiddling with it, and it works brillantly! Bandits weapons randomisation is now based on a calculated "cost" (caliber, mass, fire mods) from wich I draw a Gaussian sample - just perfect (and not as complicated as I thought it would be)!

I will adapt the loot lists to make it work with this method, but it's quite another beast to handle. ^^'

man great job :D keep doing that

i hope there way to buy you some coffee without this paypal (my country block this way :( )

You're not the only one having problems with paypal, but I don't really know any other convenient way to set up a donation thing. How about Patreon? Is it blocked in your country?

• Like 1

First off I'd like to say thanks for your dedication to this really fun and addictive mod.  I've been putting in hours and hours, mostly on the Jimmakos Esseker version.  I watched a Youtube video of someone (sorry, can't remember) playing Ravage on Tanoa.  Can't wait.  I'm using the 1.60 build on Esseker map, and can play for a while and then my health starts to drop, I limp, and soon die.  My health points drop like a rocket.  Healing myself only works temporarily.  I keep reloading saved games, trying different routes, but eventually, I die again, never taking any hits or damage.  I'm using CBA-A3, RHS Russian & US mods, CUP Terrains - Core, Esseker map 6/12/16 version, BloodLust, MagRepack (doesn't seem to work) and Advanced Sling Loading (I like to ferry my Humvee around the map).  I thought I read some posts on this forum where other folks may be having issues since the 1.60 update added in limping.  Can you, or anyone else help me?  Thanks.

First off I'd like to say thanks for your dedication to this really fun and addictive mod.  I've been putting in hours and hours, mostly on the Jimmakos Esseker version.  I watched a Youtube video of someone (sorry, can't remember) playing Ravage on Tanoa.  Can't wait.  I'm using the 1.60 build on Esseker map, and can play for a while and then my health starts to drop, I limp, and soon die.  My health points drop like a rocket.  Healing myself only works temporarily.  I keep reloading saved games, trying different routes, but eventually, I die again, never taking any hits or damage.  I'm using CBA-A3, RHS Russian & US mods, CUP Terrains - Core, Esseker map 6/12/16 version, BloodLust, MagRepack (doesn't seem to work) and Advanced Sling Loading (I like to ferry my Humvee around the map).  I thought I read some posts on this forum where other folks may be having issues since the 1.60 update added in limping.  Can you, or anyone else help me?  Thanks.

Limping is supposed to be disabled in Ravage. The only thing I can think of is Radiation poisoning...

See if it's supposed to be disabled in Jimmakos' mission; if it is, send me a copy of your saves + your mod set-up and I'll debug it if I have time.

Limping is supposed to be disabled in Ravage. The only thing I can think of is Radiation poisoning...

See if it's supposed to be disabled in Jimmakos' mission; if it is, send me a copy of your saves + your mod set-up and I'll debug it if I have time.

Limping disabled? limping works for me when i play with no issue. Zombies dont limp which im fine with. but bandits do

Gonna have to investigate that... tired.png

Ravage is supposed to decrease occurencies of disabled legs as it was a rather boring thing. But BIS probably changed a few things and I didn't properly test it...

Do you notice any differences regarding probabilities to get shot in the legs when using Ravage?

Gonna have to investigate that... tired.png

Ravage is supposed to decrease occurencies of disabled legs as it was a rather boring thing. But BIS probably changed a few things and I didn't properly test it...

Do you notice any differences regarding probabilities to get shot in the legs when using Ravage?

I actually like it, adds that layer of realism, if an infected individual ripped open your leg you would probably be limping, it would make it interesting though to make it so that you have a random chance to limp from zombies. Where it requires you to basically search or have others search for First Aid Kit. WOuld add a whole new point of realism

Is it possible to play Ravage on the Esseker map, if so, how would I do it?

Is it possible to play Ravage on the Esseker map, if so, how would I do it?

First read everything on the first page, first post. Then follow the links to the Ravage Wiki and read the information there.

@Haleks Cannot wait to try v0.1.37. Been waiting on the Black Powder mod, but thinking maybe just make something and release it to get some feedback, criticism, and experience.

@Haleks Cannot wait to try v0.1.37. Been waiting on the Black Powder mod, but thinking maybe just make something and release it to get some feedback, criticism, and experience.

oh yeah that would be cool

Anyhow I have a question regarding loot from AI - until this Ravage version I used script with classnames (I'm not sure whether Haleks wrote this script or rsftokz) which I added to the init.sqf file of the rvg_missions.pbo. It enabled AI to use weapons and attachments from HLC/NIArms and RHS mod, but now it only works partially - namely AI will get weapons from NIArms and RHS pack but attachments and scopes never spawn on enemy. I added classnames for RHS scopes, but none of those spawn either except two which are included in default Ravage support of RHS mod (aimpoint and one with arrow crosshair). What seems to be the problem? Here is the script:

{

0 = rvg_Items pushBack _x; // accessories

}

forEach ["HLC_Optic_PSO1",

"HLC_Optic_1p29",

"hlc_optic_kobra",

"rhsusf_acc_ACOG3_USMC",

"rhsusf_acc_premier",

"rhsusf_acc_harris_bipod",

"rhsusf_acc_LEUPOLDMK4",

"rhsusf_acc_LEUPOLDMK4_2",

"rhsusf_acc_grip1",

"rhsusf_acc_grip2",

"ItemGPS",

"Laserdesignator",

"optic_LRPS",

"optic_MRD",

"optic_Yorris",

"optic_Arco",

"optic_Hamr",

"optic_Aco",

"optic_Holosight",

"optic_NVS",

"optic_AMS",

"bipod_01_F_snd",

"HLC_Optic_G36dualoptic35x"];

@Lecter

The issue is that you're adding all of the weapon attachments into the rvg_items array which is for things such as the first aid kit, GPS, radio, map, etc.

Try this:

{
0 = rvg_weaponItems pushBack _x;            // accessories 
} 
forEach ["HLC_Optic_PSO1",
"HLC_Optic_1p29",
"hlc_optic_kobra",
"rhsusf_acc_ACOG3_USMC",
"rhsusf_acc_premier",
"rhsusf_acc_harris_bipod",
"rhsusf_acc_LEUPOLDMK4",
"rhsusf_acc_LEUPOLDMK4_2",
"rhsusf_acc_grip1",
"rhsusf_acc_grip2",
"ItemGPS",
"Laserdesignator",
"optic_LRPS",
"optic_MRD",
"optic_Yorris",
"optic_Arco",
"optic_Hamr",
"optic_Aco",
"optic_Holosight",
"optic_NVS",
"optic_AMS",
"bipod_01_F_snd",
"HLC_Optic_G36dualoptic35x"];

Communicated through quantum entanglement on Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah because "Show GPS" value is disabled in general attributes of the mission in the editor,at least for the demo mission if i remember correctly.

It's not meant to work i believe.

Where can I find that attribute to fix it? I mean which file contains that value?  To be honest, it's not much of a problem really - finding normal map is simpler than bothering to shoot down the heli (I do that for NVGs tho). However, the GPS works when I create mission in editor (so it's not my mods as Haleks suspects I think), it just isnt working with Ravage. Same as that Tao Folding Map mod - it isnt working for "Haleks's map" but when I shoot down the heli and get normal map, the mod works. Anyhow, those are hardly priority issues, so I'm not concerned much with these.

Where can I find that attribute to fix it? I mean which file contains that value? To be honest, it's not much of a problem really - finding normal map is simpler than bothering to shoot down the heli (I do that for NVGs tho). However, the GPS works when I create mission in editor (so it's not my mods as Haleks suspects I think), it just isnt working with Ravage. Same as that Tao Folding Map mod - it isnt working for "Haleks's map" but when I shoot down the heli and get normal map, the mod works. Anyhow, those are hardly priority issues, so I'm not concerned much with these.

That flag should be in the description.ext file.

ok. I may have stumbled upon part of the "instant death" issue.

Me and three friends were playing tonight and after about a half hour the zombies became invisible. We had two of our group die for no apparent reason, and i figured it was their nutrition or thirst, but...  the fourth guy in the group could still see all the zombies.

I have no idea why the zombies stopped getting drawn for three of us and no the fourth.

The server is running CBA, Ravage, WarfareThai  and clients are also running levelite and bb enhanced movement.

Anyway if you want any additional info just let me know. As far as I know this is the first time its happened, although there have been times I've played for a bit and not seen any zombies.

Later,

Fire

ok. I may have stumbled upon part of the "instant death" issue.

Me and three friends were playing tonight and after about a half hour the zombies became invisible. We had two of our group die for no apparent reason, and i figured it was their nutrition or thirst, but...  the fourth guy in the group could still see all the zombies.

I have no idea why the zombies stopped getting drawn for three of us and no the fourth.

The server is running CBA, Ravage, WarfareThai  and clients are also running levelite and bb enhanced movement.

Anyway if you want any additional info just let me know. As far as I know this is the first time its happened, although there have been times I've played for a bit and not seen any zombies.

Later,

Fire

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bloodsucker? :ph34r: 

• Like 1

That flag should be in the description.ext file.

Did I ask for your bollocks? No. Therefore, keep your childish and pathetic attempt at trolling to thyself, good day.