Ok so I've get my time today and made a complete revisit on my Esseker version (since most of the addons were updated recently after the latest game update like map,cup terrains etc.)  and update it to all the latest Ravage mod features.

One of a major issues i came across so far was with the zombies uniforms override feature within the ambient zombies module, having the majority of the vanilla civilian uniforms class names presented and with a few RHS uniforms i've noticed a huge

performance degradation on my end, basically it was one of a few times i've seen my arma heading down to 30fps since i started playing it.Going back and deleting all the uniform arrays and testing it again did gone like it should be and as what i used to get performance wise.

I guess thats what happens when the engine have to render each of uniforms again and again (knowing that some of RHS uniforms have 4k texture sheets), also reminded why zombies and demons sometimes its a huge memory hog since as it has to render each uniform,vest and gear each time.

Good point!......while I compiled the uniform lists, I noticed a variation in performance depending on what mod was being used. nothing too drastic tho'....I noticed massi's WW2 uniforms were very performance friendly compared to say RHS....but again nothing too drastic......I personally set my zed population low anyway.....just enough of them around to create a distant threat, while I hunt for "the most dangerous game"...... 

• Like 1

Ok. I'll pay close attention after a server restart and see what they do this evening.

@Jimmakos: nice to hear you plan on updating your Esseker SP mission.  I tried your older version and also created one myself for that island, but atm both are plagued by the same problem that all my RAVAGE missions have had so far: crash on loading SP saves while resuming MP saves work fine almost every time. 

Might be interesting to share here if anyone else has a problem with loading SP mission savgames.  If that's the case, haleks should get the info to determine if it's possible to find incompatible mods or mission design elements.  

@haleks: I'll gladly create SP test scenarios following your desired test parameters  once we are into 1.37 testing. 

@all: have fun playing the cool missions already released!

It seems that I narrowed down the performance issue guys, it was kinda obvious,the degradation came straight from RHS uniforms (i believe due to the uncompressed materials as stated previously), now having a nice potpourri of the vanilla uniforms gives no performance impact whatsoever.

@Haleks i was wondering if you are allowed to edit the gasmasks files and make them as nvg items,having 2 breath effects (stamina and rebreather effect) while wearing one kinda is kinda goofy if you ask me.

@tourist Thanks man!, well i never live enough to load a save game ha! guess someone will give you a better answer than me.

• Like 1

haleks, do you use any sort of hideObject scripts to do object caching and improving performance? I know that the Simulation Manager module did this, and hideObject messes with some static stuff I have going on.

haleks, do you use any sort of hideObject scripts to do object caching and improving performance? I know that the Simulation Manager module did this, and hideObject messes with some static stuff I have going on.

i think you can disable that in one of the ravage modules. i think "settings". not 100% on that though.

Haleks, do you think you can add support for Leights OPFOR? it has many uniforms,vests,vehicles, and helmets that would be nice to see in ravage missions

The wreck spawn system uses one (wich you can't disable, unlike the clean-up system) : it hides & disables simulation on land vehicles, planes, boats or wrecks that are too far away. What kind of problem are you having?

Haleks, do you think you can add support for Leights OPFOR? it has many uniforms,vests,vehicles, and helmets that would be nice to see in ravage missions

Why not? I thought this mod was discontinued. But right now I want to finish the presets for the currentlty supported mods and get Ravage ready for Apex. ;)

• Like 1

apologies if this has been asked/answered before but i couldn't find the info, quite often after stumbling off a small building/shed roof (i'm using enhanced movement mod, and climbing down is kinda difficult) and i think even after collisions in vehicles my screen will get the flashing blood effect, i will be at full health, and it will basically continue indefinitely, any help and/or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

running a few mods,

"TPW/ACE/enhancedmovement/DragonFyreEden/Leights/NatoWeapons,Vehicles/RHSAFRF/RHSUSAF/Sigma/RussianGRU/RDSCiv/MRGUnitSfx/BCSkies/and obviously Ravage/CBA/CUPTerrains"

are what i loading at the moment, i'm guessing theres some kinda conflict goin' on.

apologies if this has been asked/answered before but i couldn't find the info, quite often after stumbling off a small building/shed roof (i'm using enhanced movement mod, and climbing down is kinda difficult) and i think even after collisions in vehicles my screen will get the flashing blood effect, i will be at full health, and it will basically continue indefinitely, any help and/or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

running a few mods,

"TPW/ACE/enhancedmovement/DragonFyreEden/Leights/NatoWeapons,Vehicles/RHSAFRF/RHSUSAF/Sigma/RussianGRU/RDSCiv/MRGUnitSfx/BCSkies/and obviously Ravage/CBA/CUPTerrains"

are what i loading at the moment, i'm guessing theres some kinda conflict goin' on.

Probably a conflict yeah, and I think I know what's causing it.

Should be fixed for next release.

• Like 1

okies, thankyou! for fast reply, love your mod, such awesome work! just another quick question in the meantime reckon i should just lose a few of those gear mods? my performance could probably use some improvement, think i being greedy, and possibly don't need all those packs running :P

In just a few hours, I've had two people report the same error message:

Addon 'cba_ui' requires addon 'A3_Ui_F_Data'

I haven't been able to reproduce it (and goodness knows I've tried). I do note that there was a new CBA version released today and one of the things it fixes is that particular error - though it does suggest that's on Mac and Linux.

Does anyone have any ideas?

All I've been able to tell the unlucky people is what versions I'm running and suggesting they should make sure theirs are the same.

ArmA 3 1.60.136470
Ravage 0.1.36
CBA 2.4.1.160606

The wreck spawn system uses one (wich you can't disable, unlike the clean-up system) : it hides & disables simulation on land vehicles, planes, boats or wrecks that are too far away. What kind of problem are you having?

I created a weapons shop in game with weapons mounted on the walls. The weapon holders get picked up in some sort of caching script which hides them, but when the player comes back into range the weapon holders never reappear. I dunno if hideObject on the weapon holders causes them to despawn? I think the weapon holders are considered vehicles, so they might be getting picked up in the vehicle caching script, but I'm not positive.

Was just curious if there was an override to keep them from getting hidden and/or affected by your system. TiA.

Still an awesome mod. Thanks for all your hard work on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So I've been watching TWD and I'm sort of thinking an awesome thing to include into ravage would be some sort of 'garrisoned' zombie script or situation. Basically you have your normal zombies that spawn around a structure or town. But then you also have a chance for a garrisoned fast zombie to spawn - basically creating a very tense scenario where you are investigating a house for loot and then a small chance that a zombie will be spawned inside. Ideas?

I created a weapons shop in game with weapons mounted on the walls. The weapon holders get picked up in some sort of caching script which hides them, but when the player comes back into range the weapon holders never reappear. I dunno if hideObject on the weapon holders causes them to despawn? I think the weapon holders are considered vehicles, so they might be getting picked up in the vehicle caching script, but I'm not positive.

Was just curious if there was an override to keep them from getting hidden and/or affected by your system. TiA.

Still an awesome mod. Thanks for all your hard work on it.

Your weapon holders are probably deleted by the clean-up function from the Settings module - try disabling it and see if it happens still.

At the moment there is no way to blacklist such objects so that the clean-up system filters them; but I will add something for the update.

• Like 4

Haleks is there a way for me to edit the loot-table to include HLC/NIArms weapons and attachments since that script definitely does not give scopes to AI. Weapons are used sometimes, but no scopes ever dropped. :/

Why not? I thought this mod was discontinued. But right now I want to finish the presets for the currentlty supported mods and get Ravage ready for Apex. ;)

Actually the Steam Workshop version was updated just recently (May 16th). I think the BI forum version of it was discontinued due to an issue with a vehicle in the mod

Your weapon holders are probably deleted by the clean-up function from the Settings module - try disabling it and see if it happens still.

At the moment there is no way to blacklist such objects so that the clean-up system filters them; but I will add something for the update.

You were spot on, disabling the clean up script fixes the issue. Much thanks!

In just a few hours, I've had two people report the same error message:

Addon 'cba_ui' requires addon 'A3_Ui_F_Data'

Ah, I think I know now what causes this. One of the two people experiencing this error message was running ArmA 3 1.56. As we know, 1.60 was a fairly significant update that changed/broke quite a few things. If I've got time over the weekend, I'll downgrade to 1.56 to test this, but I'm pretty sure this is the problem.

• Like 1

Ah, I think I know now what causes this. One of the two people experiencing this error message was running ArmA 3 1.56. As we know, 1.60 was a fairly significant update that changed/broke quite a few things. If I've got time over the weekend, I'll downgrade to 1.56 to test this, but I'm pretty sure this is the problem.

Actually, the root cause of that is CBA 2.4.0 where that dependency snuck into cba_ui. If the affected players upgrade to 2.4.1, that particular error will disappear. They ought to upgrade their A3 installations too, of course... :-)

• Like 2

there is no way to blacklist such objects so that the clean-up system filters them; but I will add something for the update.

That will save our ass,really a big plus on that!

You were spot on, disabling the clean up script fixes the issue. Much thanks!

Make sure to use the garbage collection instead,for both dead corpses and vehicles wrecks because right now disabling the DMZ delete script will not get you despawning those and you will suffer in performance.

• Like 2

That will save our ass,really a big plus on that!

Make sure to use the garbage collection instead,for both dead corpses and vehicles wrecks because right now disabling the DMZ delete script will not get you despawning those and you will suffer in performance.

Second that motion. Was just planning on tweaking the Ravage garbage collection to skip my weapon holders.

Communicated through quantum entanglement on Tapatalk

how did you get the loot to spawn in the Tanoa buildings?

So funny story... BB had fallen asleep from being fed too many grapes and too many baths... provided from an unnamed source due to promises made...

I snuck in there... and trust me it wasnt a pretty scene... pure debauchery... whores, drugs, liqour ... i mean it was a mess... the hoteliers were not gonna be pleased and I doubt the damage deposit is gonna be returned...  :cheers:

I stole BBs wand and I was running around Tanoa in a loincloth and when I waved it ... bam... loot in the Tanoa buildings...  :pet12: ... I think the loincloth was a factor...

Haleks has the loot list and Im pretty sure there is a Tanoa setting in the next update... but you didnt hear this from me...   :yummy:

• Like 3

-

Salutations!!!

What would be the mod load order if I have all these mods so that I can play Ravage to its finest gameplay LOL! ???:

Ravage v0136

ASDG-Joint-Rails-v016

CBA_A3_v2.4.1.160606

dfs_3rdperson_a3_v2.0

JSRS3-DragonFyre-EDEN-version-1.2

Arma-Enhanced-Movement-version-0.7-beta

RHS_afrf_0.4.1

RHS_USAF_0.4.1

Unit-SFX-Body-fall-sounds-hit-screams-v102

WarfareThai-Ex-TAF 1.5.1

WarfareThai-Ex-TAF-RHS-ASDG-Joint-rails-compatible-version-1.01

Simple SP Cheat Menu (SSPCM) 1.1.5

P.S. Are all my mods updated or some are not?

Thank you.

-