update changed some things that made Ravage no longer work

ah. well looks like its back to world of warships for me for now.

Ravage 136 has been released!

Changelog :

Tweaked :
Changed Group Merge function to avoid conflicts with mission design.
Bandits now spawn in armed vehicles only.
Optimized rad exposure processing.
Improved compatibility with non-stock or misconfigured terrains for various modules.
Optimized zed LoS calculation.
Zed vision is now affected by smoke & particles.
Zombies can now chase & attack occupied land vehicles, small boats & helicopters.
Tweaked weapon spawn for the intro of the SP demo mission.
"Sun Influence" affects runners spawn chances when the zed module is set to spawn both types.
Tweaked fatigue config.
Added new formations to bandit squads.
Disabled "OpenBag" action.
Players loading a MP save can be identified with the "mp_saveLoaded" variable (WIP, more infos soon).
Various UI tweaks.
Fixed :
Fixed Visual feedback for Radiation sickness.
Fixed "'author/' is not a value" error.
Fixed scripts errors generated by the Ambiant AI module.
Zombie modules causing freezes during loadings after 1.60 update.
The zed spawning system could exceed defined population limits.
Multiple RPT errors regarding zed animations.
Crash when spawning ATM or other buildings wich are disabled.
Pitch black nights after Arma3 1.60 visual upgrade.
Feedback for zombie attacks not working in Arma3 1.60.
Zombies had a higher target priority than armed soldiers.
Fixed an issue when entering vehicles with a chemlight attached.
Attaching a chemlight now works in vehicles.
Gathering water from wells on CUP/AiA terrains.
Gathering fuel from CUP/AiA fuel stations.
Fixed calculation of max zombies per player.
Fixed a potential issue with zed spawn distances.
Zombies were not running towards gunshots.
Missing parts from the Vehicle repair menu.
Disabled a few AI functions potentially conflicting with vanilla behaviour.
New :
Zombies are available in Editor units (BLUFOR>zombies).
New "Equipment Pool" module to define wich mods are to be used by the AI & Loot system (WIP).
New animations & configs for zombies (thanks to Bad Benson!).
New zombie models.
The zombie module now allows users to define uniforms to be used by infected.
Added throwable flares.
Added a Car Patrols setting to the AI module.
Added a Radioactive Waters setting to the survival module.
Added a Radioactive Rain setting to the survival module.
Added a Hunger & Thirst rate setting to the survival module.
Added a population factor setting to the Ambiant AI module.
Added tutorial hint to MP Saves Manager scenario.
Added support for CUP units & weapons.
Players can now scavenge intact wheels from vehicles.

Download :
drive_logo.png

Note to mission makers : Addon compatibility for the AI and the loot system is now defined by the new Equipment Pool module - make sure to update your missions.
Please note that the new module only supports RHS, CUP & WarfareThaï for now (the lists in the OP have been updated). More mods will be added later.

I had to rush this update a bit to adress some issues after the latest game update : keep in mind that some of the new features are WIP or incomplete.

Have fun everyone!

EDIT : By the way, editor-placed zombies should be fully compatible with the Simulation Manager. ;)

• Like 14

Changelog :

Download :

drive_logo.png

Note to mission makers : Addon compatibility for the AI and the loot system is now defined by the new Equipment Pool module - make sure to update your missions.

Please note that the new module only supports RHS, CUP & WarfareThaï for now (the lists in the OP have been updated). More mods will be added later.

I had to rush this update a bit to adress some issues after the latest game update : keep in mind that some of the new features are WIP or incomplete.

Have fun everyone!

EDIT : By the way, editor-placed zombies should be fully compatible with the Simulation Manager. ;)

-tosses hands up and runs in circles- The modding gods have smiled down upon us todayyyy!

Mission makers... remember to place new equipment pool module...

You then can paste classname lists into the last field to add gear to the pool

EO... cough... lists... cough.... wiki....

• Like 1

Changelog :

Download :

drive_logo.png

Have fun everyone!

Yay. its up! time to try ravage again.

One of the coolest features of v136 is the ability to define what uniforms the Infected wear, this addition to the Ambient Zombie module will accommodate virtually any uniform mod, not just the ones that are officially supported by Ravage.

I have already compiled some lists that contain uniform classnames that can be copy/pasted into the Zombie Uniform Override....B814C64AA65AFA9FBDD9CE756922BD36669FAA9A

Here is the link to the list of lists: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qf4alrw0baz0nou/AAAk316zp0fo5bmN8WYydynca?dl=0

Hope you guys find this helpful and useful.  😉 

• Like 7

Hey cosmic i dont know if you saw my post a while back on your thread about the gps issue but would you happen to know why the GPS doesnt open with Rctrl + M anymore?

Hey cosmic i dont know if you saw my post a while back on your thread about the gps issue but would you happen to know why the GPS doesnt open with Rctrl + M anymore?

No idea man... mine works fine... maybe a few other people could try there's to see if it's working for them...

getting an error when using 1.36.  RVG_fnc_init_save.  Type Bool expected Array index 1["postInit",false].  Also getting the author error still?  Is this a CBA issue then?

A successful evacuation of survivors of a white plague outbreak in the esseker region. All other armed personnel in the region has been confirmed infected, either turning or slowly going mad until their death. During the evacuation an armed offroad attempted to shoot down the evac, but the driver had seemingly turned and drove the car into the esseker river. 

3F0BBCE140C669B2836D0C9F370C8279D7FE3DBE

in regards to my play session, i would like to toss some ideas around for Ravage.

• Bring back unarmed vehicle patrols. not everyone has to have a 50 cal.
  • Ability to set areas synced to markers to create "military zones" where the more military weapons can spawn (set by a classname field like the zombie uniforms) along with military MRAPs
  • ability to add vests and headgear to zombies (a % factor and classname list)
  • Like 2

What version of CBA and Ravage are  you using? When I try to play an editor created mission I'm getting RVG_fnc_init_save errors.... and no zombies spawn using either SP or ambient modules

• ability to add vests and headgear to zombies (a % factor and classname list)

I asked this very question while testing v136....I believe haleks always keeps performance in mind, adding headgear and vests to a scenario that potentially has large numbers of Infected would have an adverse effect on performance.

That aside, I do like the idea of a % factor, or maybe just limiting extra gear to military zeds.......that could be a bitch to code tho'

What version of CBA and Ravage are  you using? When I try to play an editor created mission I'm getting RVG_fnc_init_save errors.... and no zombies spawn using either SP or ambient modules

What version of CBA are you using? are you running any other mods other than Ravage and CBA?.......after a major update Arma+mods are a fragile partnership.  

CBA 2.4 and Ravage 1.36... and getting init_save errors referring to type bool expected array @ ["postInit",false]

Steam version CBA and the google driver version for Ravage which is 1.36.  I thought maybe it was an issue w/ alive and ravage at first so I disabled alive but the problem still persists.  So only two mods are ravage and cba

Its only editor created missions that are bugging... playing the sp ravage mission from scenarios doesn't create an issue, zombies appear as they should but when i extract the mission and port it to the editor it happens

I am having trouble resuming a mission after leaving the game. I first noticed it in Cosmic10r's "A Mission" and "Escape", but since I can reproduce it in the sample mission that comes with Ravage (the one where you start in a truck full of dead people), I will repost it here.

The problem is in that the Team window is broken after I leave the game and restart, in a SP scenario.

1. I start a new mission:

aaa.jpg

2. I "Save and Exit", DO NOT quit Arma3, then Resume, no problem, same screenshot, the team is properly detailed there.

3. I "Save and Exit", quit Arma to the desktop, restart it then hit "Resume":

arma3_2016_06_05_08_13_07_21.jpg

Only mods: CBA 2.3.1 and 2.4.0, Ravage 0.1.35 and 0.1.36

If I recruit a teammate before leaving the game (in a Cosmic10r scenario), upon Resuming:

bbb.jpg

Same thing if I recruit after the team window was blanked.

Also, if I save before leaving the game, once the team window is borked by a Resume, if I try to load this old save from when the window was OK, it does not fix the Team window. It happens whether I load a save made with BIS' Save menu option, or the Quicksave in the 0-0-1 menu. Once I Resumed the game, the Team window is borked and will not come back if I load the Quicksave made from radio menu.

I am not sure it is wise to keep playing with such a borked Team window, it may be an indication that something else is broken too.

• Like 1

I also get this type of init_save error while previewing my missions, ravage somewhat force save consistency even if outside of a mission or eden editor.Previewing a loadout in the virtual arsenal with ravage mod enabled you always have to "save and exit" to even try a different gear.

Hi guys,

Don't worry about the init_save error : it doesn't impact the game nor any of the mod features.

I will investigate the save/load issue though, and see if I can reproduce it. But it might not be a Ravage thing : I've seen several people complaining that they can't load any kind of save after the 1.60 update.

Hi guys,

Don't worry about the init_save error : it doesn't impact the game nor any of the mod features.

I will investigate the save/load issue though, and see if I can reproduce it. But it might not be a Ravage thing : I've seen several people complaining that they can't load any kind of save after the 1.60 update.

OMG, you are absolutely correct. I start a stock East Wind campaign mission, Save & Exit, exit the game, restart and Resume, and boom, my Team window is empty as in the screenshots above. Sorry for wasting everyone's time, mine included, but I could never have imagined that the base game itself couldn't load a save. I've been gaming since Manic Miner and The Hobbit on the ZX Spectrum and I cannot remember a game not being able to load a save made by its very version :). Grats BIS, this is a new low.

Is there a spawn delay? I'm observing map via MCC and it seems to take some serious time to spawn zedz and AI? Or do I have to run through trigger zones?

New Ravage on dev branch that is...

EDIT: Maybe I wassn't in an appropriate zone... I teleported to close to Sofia and now spawns are appearing.

I asked this very question while testing v136....I believe haleks always keeps performance in mind, adding headgear and vests to a scenario that potentially has large numbers of Infected would have an adverse effect on performance.

That aside, I do like the idea of a % factor, or maybe just limiting extra gear to military zeds.......that could be a bitch to code tho'

I mean the coding may not be that hard, he could basically split the code into 2 separate classes, one for regular zombies that will spawn primarily at non-military structures, and military zombies with headgear and vests possible to spawn near military structures. and a separate uniform classname lineset for the gear. its just an idea though i wont pester him about it

Haleks is it possible to make permanent Radiers guards inside military camps (those with watchtowers and domes)? It would be nice if you could add this so we actually have to fight to get the military loot. Say like 5-8 radiers who would only guard the military camp.

• Like 1

Just played the 0.136 version with the newest 1.1 Escape Altis mission with my wife. Played thru it in a couple hours. Nice job guys.

B

• Like 2

Good to see Ravage back again.

Has anyone tried Massi's weapons and Tryk's uniforms on Ravage since the update? Did they work? I used them in the Ravage sample mission but they didn't seem to have any effect at all.