There is a melee mod for Arma 3 called MOCAP (I tried it in Ravage with equipped weapon) however it's very useless I'd say.

Ah yes i remember seeing that somewhere as i was looking for melee, i wasnt sure if it was available and also if it could actually work, there was a punch mod just released that i tried that required Ace but couldnt get it to work really.

Melee weapons and Arma don't seem to work well together, could be the reason there are no prominent melee weapon mods. I can recall using a katana from some weapons pack I forget the name of....It was entirely useless for killing zeds in Ravage, without putting yourself at extreme risk.....I mean who wants to get up close and personal with festering Infected.....another downside to using melee weapons would/should be the effects of fatigue on the player, pulling a trigger from a safe distance conserves more energy than swinging an axe around your head.

Implementing melee weapons that are effective in combat would take a fair amount of work for very little gain. (my opinion of course, Haleks may see it differently)  

The addition of an axe or other improvised tool for chopping wood etc, would be much more beneficial.

Long and short arms are not hard to find in Ravage.

Just my 2 cents.  :)

Although it would be nice to have it doesnt need to be some fully fleshed out melee system, just need some mechanic to be able to get away from them or fend them off, i have been caught in rooms or run down by those track stars and its frustrating that i cant fight back some how..

Also just my opinion but the walking animation of those slow guys with their arms flapping around in front doesnt convince me these guys have any brain cells left all to even walk coherently,  although this mod is a lotta fun im still not convinced about the whole zombie thing, maybe some diseased/infected humans who have reverted to cannibalism and hunt like some animals who bite and poison their prey and follow it till it dies, that would be cool game play.. you would then have to find that magic antidote before you collapse into zombie steaks lol :)

Crash Update: Today we played through the whole evening without a hitch. There's one thing, though: I hosted the game from Eden Editor. :huh:  :blink: 

Edited

Edited by FireWalker
  • Like 3

love this mod, outstanding work. One question. I managed to get myself a dose of radiation poisoning (dont know where or how, any clues?) i did manage to find some anti-rad pils, took the full bottle but it still says I have radiation sickness. Don't know what to do really as i am quite far into a descent game ;)

love this mod, outstanding work. One question. I managed to get myself a dose of radiation poisoning (dont know where or how, any clues?) i did manage to find some anti-rad pils, took the full bottle but it still says I have radiation sickness. Don't know what to do really as i am quite far into a descent game ;)

this should give you a few tips........ http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Radiation  

Crash Update: I've been able to totally consistently reproduce the same type of crash (0xC0000005 memory error) and it only occurs when Ravage is loaded​. Here's how I produce the crash: ​In one way or another (editor, zeus, script), place an ATM on the map: Crash (at least for me!).

I believe this is because of the "ravaged" look in Ravage. I dunno how this works, but I'm guessing there are some modified config files to swap some textures, and the ATM is somehow misconfigured.

I don't think that the crashes I've been experiencing have been exactly because of the ATM, but I'm guessing other objects are subject to the same misconfiguration, and that every now and then such an object has been spawned and caused crashes.

Please let me know if you also experience a crash to desktop when spawning an ATM (for example, search for it in Props in Eden Editor) when the Ravage mod is loaded, and if you do, Haleks, pretty please fix :D

Crash Update:

search for it in Props in Eden Editor) 

can you be a little more specific with the classname and location... i couldnt find this item at all... no props directory and no atm

Crash Update: I've been able to totally consistently reproduce the same type of crash (0xC0000005 memory error) and it only occurs when Ravage is loaded​. Here's how I produce the crash: ​In one way or another (editor, zeus, script), place an ATM on the map: Crash (at least for me!).

I believe this is because of the "ravaged" look in Ravage. I dunno how this works, but I'm guessing there are some modified config files to swap some textures, and the ATM is somehow misconfigured.

I don't think that the crashes I've been experiencing have been exactly because of the ATM, but I'm guessing other objects are subject to the same misconfiguration, and that every now and then such an object has been spawned and caused crashes.

Please let me know if you also experience a crash to desktop when spawning an ATM (for example, search for it in Props in Eden Editor) when the Ravage mod is loaded, and if you do, Haleks, pretty please fix :D

Thanks for the report!

I disabled the models for ATMs and various other buildings, as they didn't have "dirty" textures and were feeling out of place.

I'll swap for an invisible model instead, should fix the crashes.

• Like 1

Toolboxes have also misconfigured textures (sometimes bump map pops up), if anyone can reproduce it..

cosmic10r:
​Classname: Land_Atm_01_F

Eden Editor:

33e4v1d.jpg

haleks:

Aha, I see. Just because I'm curious, and if it's easy enough for you, can you post a list of objects you disabled? So I can try to figure out what's been causing the other crashes (if indeed this is the unitary source of those crashes).

• Like 2

cosmic10r:

​Classname: Land_Atm_01_F

Eden Editor:

Can confirm crash on click... nice illustration btw :)

Greetings from the North all! is there a way to get the sleep system to work in MP, or another sleep mod?P.S. Are vehicles supposed to despawn in MP on restart or is there a way to prevent it? Must i start a dedicated server to prevent despawn in MP or? id rather just use LAN, any help appreciated!(UPDATE: When we save an MP game and try to reload it it states that we cannot play/edit this mission as it is dependent on addons that have been deleted: cadata, cabuildings,cacharacters,camisc even when we just save and go back to lobby then try to resume, this is fairly problematic as we can never keep any vehicles/bases/modifications we have built or gained, does anyone have a fix, please help! D:)

Hello Haleks.

I am a beginner in arma3 game (less than 1 month), but I love creating new missions in the editor, in addition to being a big fan of survival games and zombies.

I'm trying to create a Sp combining the Zombies and Demos and mod Ravage.

Everything works very well, especially the interaction between the various groups of zombies. But one thing does not integrate: the infection module Z&D and the survival module Ravage. From the moment the survival module is added in the editor, it is impossible to consume the anti-infection pills. Is there any solution for this?

Hey I love your mod! If it would be possible, could you make your mod to support new RHS:GREF? It would fit perfectly to post-apocalyptic setting!

• Like 1

Hey I love your mod! If it would be possible, could you make your mod to support new RHS:GREF? It would fit perfectly to post-apocalyptic setting!

Good call bro'......GREF units look fantastic and would compliment Ravage very well.......

tWAuto4.jpg?1

• Like 3

Yeah, gref also has some classic weapons.

Hey Haleks, not sure if someone has answered this, but would loot and AI spawn on the Chernobyl Zone map? If not, there's always Chernarus. However, I don't know if you fixed loot/AI spawning on Chernarus, and I'm not really a fan of post apocalyptic missions on Altis/Stratis.

Hello Haleks,

I'm currently porting Ravage to a SP-scenario on Esseker! Its super fun and fits the map perfectly, but the 1.60 update seems to have broken the Ambient Zombies module.

The rest seems to be working perfectly but as long as the module is active the game won't load, but freeze either in the loading screen or briefing.

Hi,

Yes, it is a known issue with arma3 1.60.

An update should be out sometime this week. ;)

Hi,

Yes, it is a known issue with arma3 1.60.

An update should be out sometime this week. ;)

Don't you just love Arma updates, Alex? For us on the development side, it's always the same thing: "Let's see what this new update breaks." ;)

B

If possible do you think you can find a way to spawn military geared zombies at military structures (Ex. with RHS, finding a Russian Zombie with uniform and vest at NW airfield in chernarus) you can make it so they cant be looted of their gear as if the gear is contaminated or damaged to the point that its useless to take it off

Don't you just love Arma updates, Alex? For us on the development side, it's always the same thing: "Let's see what this new update breaks." ;)

B

Ahah! To be fair, this one didn't break much where Ravage is concerned : most of the problems you guys might experience after the game update are caused by my own mistakes.

Arma's engine was permissive enough to let them pass (and work), that is just not the case anymore. ^^

Anyway, all issues are fixed on the mod DEV build; it's just a matter of testing & tweaking a few more stuff before I update it.

• Like 3

Ahah! To be fair, this one didn't break much where Ravage is concerned : most of the problems you guys might experience after the game update are caused by my own mistakes.

Arma's engine was permissive enough to let them pass (and work), that is just not the case anymore. ^^

Anyway, all issues are fixed on the mod DEV build; it's just a matter of testing & tweaking a few more stuff before I update it.

I'm not sure how updating on steam workshop works with Arma 3 launcher, but is it possible to have Ravage published there and automatically update it as you put new version?

• Like 1

I'm not sure how updating on steam workshop works with Arma 3 launcher, but is it possible to have Ravage published there and automatically update it as you put new version?

It is possible, but since I disagree with the Workshop EULA regarding author's rights, that's not gonna happen soon. :/

• Like 1