Hi Haleks,

would it be possible to add a few more objects as waterscource, namely:

"Barrel_water","BarrelWater_F","BarrelWater_grey_F","Misc_Well_C_EP1","Misc_Well_L_EP1"

and for Fuescource:

"Land_Ind_TankSmall2","Land_Ind_TankSmall2_EP1" + the CUPs A2 fuelfeeds havn't the ids at hand now

or maybe even easier to maintain, change the functions slightly to use global Vars too, so they are adaptable for other maps.

Thanks for your time

• Like 2

probably has been mentioned but i'd also like to see the option to scavenge tires from vehicles with a toolbox like you can get fuel with a hose.

• Like 3

Would I be correct in stating bandit patrols currently only use one formation (column).....if so, could a setFormation string be added to utilize all formations for a little variation. 

(I like to stalk bandit patrols before pouncing and have always observed them using the column formation)

• Like 4

Do you plan on incorperating the First ArmA's buildings into the mod's loot system (the ones used in maps like ArmA II's Fallujah and Sahrani) Also just curious, if a building is opened up by a mod (like how CUP is going to open up a lot of A2 and A1 buildings) while keeping the same classnames, will loot spawn in the newly opened areas?

Edit: also i didnt remember if anyone asked this, do you plan on adding CUP compatibility for weapons/ammo, vehicles, and uniforms?

Hi Everyone,

I've been trying to enjoy the updated Ravage on Jimmakos' "Ravage DayZs on Esseker" (link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=655918216&searchtext=ravage) but I'm having a problem with the AI simply not recognizing me. I've tried shooting at them, even walking right up to them, and they just completely ignore me.

I think I saw a post somewhere in the thread mentioning a change to the Ambiat AI module with the latest Ravage update. Is there something that needs to be updated in the mission to make it work again?

Thanks.

Hi Everyone,

I've been trying to enjoy the updated Ravage on Jimmakos' "Ravage DayZs on Esseker" (link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=655918216&searchtext=ravage) but I'm having a problem with the AI simply not recognizing me. I've tried shooting at them, even walking right up to them, and they just completely ignore me.

I think I saw a post somewhere in the thread mentioning a change to the Ambiat AI module with the latest Ravage update. Is there something that needs to be updated in the mission to make it work again?

Thanks.

Are you using the Incognito mod? It stopped working with the newest Ravage update.

What happened to the little guide on how to edit the random loot spawn table? I already have a bunch of stuff from CUP in arrays for a store that works on a similar method of categorization; I am wondering where I can pass those arrays to Ravage's loot table for the various location types (Civilian, Military, etc).

• Like 1

What happened to the little guide on how to edit the random loot spawn table? I already have a bunch of stuff from CUP in arrays for a store that works on a similar method of categorization; I am wondering where I can pass those arrays to Ravage's loot table for the various location types (Civilian, Military, etc).

I'd like to see a single, more accurate guide myself. There were a couple people discussing this back around the page 90 (+/- 10 pages), but it seems like a couple different people chimed in back then with diferring ideas.

Hi Haleks,

would it be possible to add a few more objects as waterscource, namely:

"Barrel_water","BarrelWater_F","BarrelWater_grey_F","Misc_Well_C_EP1","Misc_Well_L_EP1"

and for Fuescource:

"Land_Ind_TankSmall2","Land_Ind_TankSmall2_EP1" + the CUPs A2 fuelfeeds havn't the ids at hand now

or maybe even easier to maintain, change the functions slightly to use global Vars too, so they are adaptable for other maps.

Thanks for your time

probably has been mentioned but i'd also like to see the option to scavenge tires from vehicles with a toolbox like you can get fuel with a hose.

Would I be correct in stating bandit patrols currently only use one formation (column).....if so, could a setFormation string be added to utilize all formations for a little variation. 

(I like to stalk bandit patrols before pouncing and have always observed them using the column formation)

All done! :)

I don't have much time to work on the mod lately, but I keep reading suggestions and tweaking things when I can.

Here's the changelog so far (no ETA) :

Tweaked :

Players loading a MP save can be identified with the "mp_saveLoaded" variable.*

Zed's vision is now affected by smoke.

Zombies can now chase & attack occupied land vehicles & helicopters.

Tweaked weapon spawn for the intro of the SP demo mission.

"Sun Influence" affects runners spawn chances when the zed module is set to spawn both types.

Tweaked fatigue config.

Added new formations to bandit squads.

Fixed :

Gathering water from wells on CUP/AiA terrains.

Gathering fuel from CUP/AiA fuel stations.

Fixed calculation of max zombies per player.

Fixed a potential issue with zed spawn distances.

Zombies were not running towards gunshots.

Missing parts from the Vehicle repair menu.

Disabled a few AI functions potentially conflicting with vanilla behaviour.

New :

Added tutorial hint to MP Saves Manager scenario.

Added support for CUP units & weapons.

Players can now scavenge intact wheels from vehicles.

• Like 8

Good job haleks

Is there anyway of saving vehicles in mp on a dedicated server as this would be nice on a coop mission to be able to save vehicles and the inventory of the vehicles.

Thanks for the hard work

Good job haleks

Is there anyway of saving vehicles in mp on a dedicated server as this would be nice on a coop mission to be able to save vehicles and the inventory of the vehicles.

Thanks for the hard work

Saving vehicles is more problematic to achieve in a non-persistent, semi-controlled environment, but I'll see what I can do.

I think BB was working on a server side script, but it will be easier to set up with the next update, wich will allow mission-makers to detect if a player is loading a save or is new to the server.

• Like 1

Hey Haleks i usually play this mod in mp, is it possible to get a module option that allows randomly spawned zombie hordes that use horde behavior? and how's the work coming along for porting over zombie hordes to mp?(I love the mod so far it performs really well) also some bugs to point out is that some wrecked vehicles explode when you get into them and zombies seem to spawn at one house door in towns/villages(doesn't make much sense and it usually looks like a house in a town is just spewing out zombies) Another thing i wanna see is walking zombies having more health then runners or something along those lines(configurable maybe?)

• Like 2

Saving vehicles is more problematic to achieve in a non-persistent, semi-controlled environment, but I'll see what I can do.

I think BB was working on a server side script, but it will be easier to set up with the next update, wich will allow mission-makers to detect if a player is loading a save or is new to the server.

i get a bug that only happens with this mod, when me and my friends play it on MP, no matter if we have the persistence on, off, or even the module not place down. We spawn where we last were (when presistance is off), magazines duplicate in some cases, and when someone joins we rubberband to the point where they start connecting (leading to many deaths). This happens with the save module not even in the game. and happens with it in aswell, even when we want persistence we get glitches still mostly the ones stated above,

I'd completely forgotten about this. This was a minor bug I found during a playthrough of the old 0.1.34 version. I caught sight of something in the sky. A smarter man than me would have marked the map location and checked to see if it was still there in a new game. A smarter man...

forgot_zps8lbghmrd.jpg

• Like 1

i get a bug that only happens with this mod, when me and my friends play it on MP, no matter if we have the persistence on, off, or even the module not place down. We spawn where we last were (when presistance is off), magazines duplicate in some cases, and when someone joins we rubberband to the point where they start connecting (leading to many deaths). This happens with the save module not even in the game. and happens with it in aswell, even when we want persistence we get glitches still mostly the ones stated above,

I get this also. The teleport jip thing and the duped backpack on the ground full of the same gear I have are the main issues along with gear not saving in vehicles or vehicle positions. (Not sure if last 2 are implemented yet).

Remember to change the name of your mission to reset persistence. For example "ravageMp.altis" can change to "ravageMp1.altis" and all persistence is reset when mission loaded.

I've been attempting to get this to work with inidbi2. Its all setup on my server, I'm just trying to work out all the load/save functions. I'm very green when it comes to working with databases, so I'm not certain I'll even be able to figure it all out.

Haleks, 

I have a couple questions.

1. Is it possible to add whether you want church bells or not to the settings module?  , or is it something I can change myself?

2. Town and/or building lighting?  module toggle, or can I adjust the settings?

Reason: I want to utilize some of these features in the mission I'm working on to let players know that there maybe renegade camps in a town or if maybe even an entire small town has been taken over. The idea is that renegades may use the church bells as a "communication" system.  Also, its quite possible that humans will find a way to create some local electricity. (irl you could fashion a pulley and belt from the engine of a car to turn a generator that could produce a small quantity of electricity) Quite possible to power the lights in a house or small building.

Thank you,

Fire

• Like 1

Another bug i'd like to report is that some walkers occasionally will just stop and idle, Is this intentional?

Another thing i wanna see is walking zombies having more health then runners or something along those lines(configurable maybe?)

Cofigurable would be good. I would actually rather have it the other way around. Like the running zombies are "fresher" and therefore stronger. They could be come a serious issue. Balance could be by lowering how many runners there are, and of course always more at night!!

BTW, the nighttime dynamics of this mod are awesome. 10 times scarier then DayZ ever was. I always look forward to the sun going down, cause I know its gettin' ready to get real !

• Like 1

Haleks, 

I have a couple questions.

1. Is it possible to add whether you want church bells or not to the settings module?  , or is it something I can change myself?

2. Town and/or building lighting?  module toggle, or can I adjust the settings?

Reason: I want to utilize some of these features in the mission I'm working on to let players know that there maybe renegade camps in a town or if maybe even an entire small town has been taken over. The idea is that renegades may use the church bells as a "communication" system.  Also, its quite possible that humans will find a way to create some local electricity. (irl you could fashion a pulley and belt from the engine of a car to turn a generator that could produce a small quantity of electricity) Quite possible to power the lights in a house or small building.

Thank you,

Fire

you have portable lights in Arma 3 items you can add anywhere you want...

those lights are not affected by Ravage system to switch off 99% of lights.

Land_PortableLight_single_F

Land_PortableLight_double_F

for more reality you can put a portable generator close to the lights (but anyway they will light on at night even without the generator )

Land_Portable_generator_F

as far as I remember, there is one type of camping light you can also use as source of light. (can't find it but it exists )

• Like 1

Thanks, I am going to mess around with setting up a camp tonight using the portables and see how it goes

I need to write a page for the Wiki about setting up a Ravage multiplayer game. I realised when I started writing one that I may not be setting it up in the 'official' way. I need the help of someone who has set up a Ravage server to talk me through the best way of doing it. Could someone help me out with this? I should probably also cover setting up a hosted game too. I just need your help to fill in a few notes about where to put files, etc.

I can be emailed via kodabarATgmailDOTcom and I'm kodabar on Skype, Steam and everything else.

@kodabar

I rent a dedicated Arma 3 server from Fragnet, this gives me a server with the base game plus any DLC's that I own, from there I can upload/transfer any mods and missions to the server with a program called FileZilla.

In order to host a Ravage mission on the server, first you must upload/transfer the Ravage mod to the server, then whatever Ravage mission file you want to host.

You will then have to edit your server.cfg file to include the mission/missions that you will host....my server.cfg file looks something like this......

// GLOBAL SETTINGS
hostname = "A Ravage Server"; // As seen in the Gamespy Browser
password = "whateveryouwantittobe"; // Comment out if no password required
passwordAdmin = "whateveryouwantittobe"; // Password to become server admin.
VerifySignatures = 0; // Security setting

// WELCOME MESSAGE ("message of the day")
// It can be several lines, separated by comma
// Empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval

motd[] = {

"Enjoy your stay.... ",
"",
"....if you live long enough! ",
"",
""
};
motdInterval = 5; // Time interval (in seconds) between each message

// JOINING RULES

maxPlayers = 10; // Maximum amount of players.

/*
Gamespy reporting url for public server list inclusion
*/

// VOTING
voteMissionPlayers = 1; // Tells the server how many people must connect so that it displays the mission selection screen.
voteThreshold = 0.33; // 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin, new map

// INGAME SETTINGS
disableVoN = 1; // If set to 1, Voice over Net will not be available
vonCodecQuality = 0; // Quality from 1 to 10
BattlEye = 0;
persistent = 1; // If 1, missions still runs on even after the last player disconnected.

// STEAM - DO NOT EDIT !!!
steamport =2502;

class Missions
{
class Mission1
{
template="Ravage.Chernarus_Summer"; //Make sure the mission you want to set is located in the server's MPmissions folder!
difficulty="regular";
};
};

You will then need to create a command line that includes any mods that the server is running, mines looks something like this.....

config=server.cfg -name=server -cfg=basic.cfg -mod=@CBA_A3;@Ravage;@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSF;@CUP_Units;@CUP_Vehicles;@CUP_Weapons;@CUP_Terrains_Core;@CUP_Terrains_Maps

As you can see from my command line as well as Ravage, I also run RHS and the complete CUP pack for some added variety.

I think that just about covers how to host a Ravage MP mission on a dedicated server, I hope some or all of this helps with the wiki..... :)  

• Like 2