Hi Haleks,

How do you want bug reports handled?

Posting in this thread or as PM or at the Wiki?

and another question...

Could you set a Variable on clients to indicate that a player gets loaded from missionnamespace? That would greatly help at determining what to do with JiP Players. As of let the load function handle the player unit or to kit it out with startgear and change the position.

Thanks for determining

PS: the Bug...

The vehicle repair don't shows all damaged parts by div vehicles. In one case it responded with "Vehicle doesn't need to be repaired" also the Heli, in this case, had red damaged Mainrotor and other parts where damaged, too.

My first guess would be the if condition in line 5

Edited by na_palm
  • Like 2

I had no clue. :)

Me and the hard way have become good friends.

Nothing wrong with doing it the more advanced way ;)

But this is a quick way and it will export to PBO for u.

Na_palm. Thanks for the script. I have profiled st kapulio and dual a now... I can profile any map for the loot system needed and just trying to decide best way to provide to Haleks.

In the long run it may be easiest to have a pull down by map as that will ensure every map is specific to building types... again tho... awesome script :)

@cosmic10r

Thanks, and nice to know you can use it.

If you are really going to "whitelist" every map for the buildings, you could then automate the building determination by the mapname in the config. But i don't know if that is a good aproach as there are many maps and only a few diverent packages for buildings (A3, CUP, SMD and a few other...)

@cosmic10r

Thanks, and nice to know you can use it.

If you are really going to "whitelist" every map for the buildings, you could then automate the building determination by the mapname in the config. But i don't know if that is a good aproach as there are many maps and only a few diverent packages for buildings (A3, CUP, SMD and a few other...)

I go back and forth. The reason I think white listing by each map name might be easier in the long run is for maps like kapaulio that use a combination of jbad and vanilla.

That way the person only needs to select map in module and not actually know the combination of building sets. It may be easier to update as well as each config would be map specific.

However in the end it may be easiest to just provide the init code to have buildings entered in the list by map. Following the ease of use theory I keep returning to map specific lists though.

In this way it could all be integrated into a single pull down in the module as well. In any case, up to Haleks, just some random thoughts lol

I read that there's ACE 3 medical compatibility, so I've messed around on the mod with the basic and advanced medical modules. The basic one works pretty great, first aid kits turn into morphine and bandages so that's okay, it works. The zombies do some damage and can knock you out, but it can take a while. The only thing is, my health meter doesn't go down, but I can still die by getting shot and getting ganged up on by zombies and beaten to unconsciousness then death. I had flashbacks to NEO Scavenger at that point.

Advanced medical also works a little bit, I don't think AI squads will spawn with the advanced medical items, but I could be wrong and just haven't looked enough. It shows the zombies attack as bruising and counts how many there are, so that part of it sort of works, though a zombie hit me about 20 or so times before it counted 4 to 5 bruises and I fell unconscious with no drop to my health in the survival menu, but I assume that's because the advanced medical isn't supported. Figured I'd post my findings if anyone was interested in what happens with ACE Medical and Ravage.

Hi Haleks,

How do you want bug reports handled?

Posting in this thread or as PM or at the Wiki?

and another question...

Could you set a Variable on clients to indicate that a player gets loaded from missionnamespace? That would greatly help at determining what to do with JiP Players. As of let the load function handle the player unit or to kit it out with startgear and change the position.

Thanks for determining

PS: the Bug...

The vehicle repair don't shows all damaged parts by div vehicles. In one case it responded with "Vehicle doesn't need to be repaired" also the Heli, in this case, had red damaged Mainrotor and other parts where damaged, too.

My first guess would be the if condition in line 5

Until I set up a GitHub account or something, it's best to simply post here - I try to keep an eye on this thread everyday.

Regarding the next update:

I've already added a variable to detect players loading a save in MP, I'll post more infos on this soon. ;)

Thanks for the bug report : the "if" condition was indeed the culprit! The actual number of parts you can fix on a chopper is quite impressive... :D

• Like 1

Haleks,

Someone earlier made a post about upping the damaga a zombie can take. My opinion at this time is to leave alone for now, for two reasons:

1. The zombs don't currently come towards gunfire

2. The zombs don't currently attack vehicles

I know that you are addressing both those issues for upcoming update. Once these two things make it into the game, the zombs will probably be a lot more effective, and ammo will come at a premium. At any rate, I think that would be the time to reanalyze how much damage they take before falling.

I think a cool middle ground would be that a small percentage may still have their military body armor on, and that should make for a pretty good difference, and randomization.

Just my .02

Thanks for all the hard work, it feels really well balanced in mp.

Fire

• Like 2

Haleks,

Someone earlier made a post about upping the damaga a zombie can take. My opinion at this time is to leave alone for now, for two reasons:

1. The zombs don't currently come towards gunfire

2. The zombs don't currently attack vehicles

I know that you are addressing both those issues for upcoming update. Once these two things make it into the game, the zombs will probably be a lot more effective, and ammo will come at a premium. At any rate, I think that would be the time to reanalyze how much damage they take before falling.

I think a cool middle ground would be that a small percentage may still have their military body armor on, and that should make for a pretty good difference, and randomization.

Just my .02

Thanks for all the hard work, it feels really well balanced in mp.

Fire

My thoughts exactly

They do actually run towards gunfire, but as far as I know they dont touch vehicles. But every time I fire and unsilenced weapon I always end up getting 3 or 4 more from the surrounding area that normally wouldn't have seen me.

Will i be doing this in the addonLists_RHS.sqf or in lootLists.sqf? i`m guessing in the RHS one right?

As the license for Ravage states: no derivatives. You won't change them directly.

However in your mission initserver.sqf you can place an "waitUntil" and when the desired list is not Nil, you can then edit the arrays in that file. Or call/spawn another file with the desired changes.

• Like 1

What you just wrote na_palm is interesting and relevant to me. Can you, or maybe Haleks, explan to me in more detail what's OK and what isn't? :)

What you just wrote na_palm is interesting and relevant to me. Can you, or maybe Haleks, explan to me in more detail what's OK and what isn't? :)

here at the bottom of haleks introduction post:

License 88x31.png

Ravage Mod by Haleks is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available on request.

Using Ravage Mod on monetized servers is strictly forbidden.

the picture is a link so you can learn more about the given license.

With that given,you then know that modifiing the given addon file/s is out of quotation for anything you want to build up on and release. As that would mean to release a fork of the Addon, too.

If you follow with the way, i descriped above, you only change data values without touching the addon, and you a free to release your mission/addon if wished.

As there are way too much "if then else" in this licensing thema, and iam no lawyer, you will have to ask specifics if unclear to the licensor.

Good point yeah,  thanks i actually didn`t think that far.

I only started "scripting"3 months ago so i am verry much a newbie but i am a fast learner tho and willing to learn, but do you know how i would search writting "if then else" (i actually did try googling that haha) in google so i can expand my knowledge?

I still need to wich script the initserver has to see before calling the custom script right?

This might be a bit to technical for me to be honest but i`m gonna give it a try.

HA, i haven't thought that someone would really google for this phrase.... :)

The savest would be to wait till the last array from the loot lists is filled.

Personally i use in serverinit.sqf:

waitUntil {!(isNil "lootworldObject_list")};
execVM "scripts\additions\lootList.sqf";

the lootList.sqf:

_civ = 0;
_mil = 1;
_ind = 2;
_res = 3;

//Vital Items
{(lootVital_list select _civ) select 1 pushBackUnique _x;
} forEach [];
{(lootVital_list select _mil) select 1 pushBackUnique _x;
} forEach [];
{(lootVital_list select _ind) select 1 pushBackUnique _x;
} forEach [];
{(lootVital_list select _res) select 1 pushBackUnique _x;
} forEach [];

the array names for weapons, mags and so on should now be easy to change ;)

• Like 1

Haleks i have noticed an issue with AI being unable to engage zombies.

I narrowed it down to them not being able to shoot or even go into combat stance(they stand still) once the sqaud leader dies.This is also true for player led squads.

Just an issue on my end perhaps but im not using any AI mods so i thought i would let you know.

• Like 1

Thanks for the report redarmy; does this occur once they've been attacked by a zombie, or does it happen even before then?

Thanks for the report redarmy; does this occur once they've been attacked by a zombie, or does it happen even before then?

it happens as soon as squad leader dies.

My teammate accidently killed me with an AK,i went down..the camera panned around and both my AI had frozen in place.

It seems that even when the next AI becomes squad leader he doesnt give any engage order to his subordinates either

@redarmy, are you playing the SP demo mission? 

Think I've found an issue with the atmosphere module. When you are using the post process affects it has weird issues when using some sight attachments. The image turns a weird blue colour. It's like Predator vision lol. If I could rip guys heads off with spine attached I could live with it :)

OK add ripping heads off then....

Think I've found an issue with the atmosphere module. When you are using the post process affects it has weird issues when using some sight attachments. The image turns a weird blue colour. It's like Predator vision lol. If I could rip guys heads off with spine attached I could live with it :)

In my experience it happens as soon as you use any kind of color correction - setting HDR to low fixes this, although it's not an ideal solution.

Hopefully the visual update for Arma3 will solve that issue.

Agreed, I only notice it during the night. Hasn't been noticeable (to me) in the daytime. 

I'm playing the mp version on my hosted server.

i noticed this too but didn't report it because it's kind of useful tbh :lol:

• Like 1

I remember i talked to Haleks about this myself, didnt i said HDR to low previously?  ^_^  

@redarmy, are you playing the SP demo mission? 

no its editor made mission.

i also just ran a test on an empty editor with no scripts etc and noticed the issue was still there.(and im running 0 mods that alter AI or AI movement)