Ravage is not ALiVE-ready : at the moment you can't use their system to spawn & virtualize bandits or zombies.

That being said, Ravage and Alive can work together if you mind what you're doing. In fact I have several missions somewhere on my HDD wich use both mods : I usually use Alive to spawn military camps and/or civilians, and Ravage modules to spawn zombies and derelict vehicles etc... It is perfect for scenarios taking place during the outbreak, MP-compatible and quite solid when it comes to performances (as long as you go easy on the numbers).

The one thing to keep in mind when experimenting with other population methods, is that Arma has limitations regarding side relations : INDEP bandits and AAF will always be "friendly", for instance.

On topic : here's a quick list of things that are being worked on for the next update :

I might have a basic COOP mission ready in a few days as well (plus some other things)...

EDIT :

CUP units FTW :

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

...Those CUP guys made actual jackets. :wub:

What exactly does CUP units add anyways? Just other outfits?

Guys, if you haven't heard of ARMAnet podcast already, make sure to check it out.

As far as I know it's the first podcast focused on Arma and its modding community, and these guys are doing a pretty good job!

Huge thanks to the 111thSOG for highlighting Ravage in their latest episode!

• Like 3

Looking forward to the "Spotlight" episode with mod creator as Special Guest......

• Like 1

Sounds exactly like a zombie apocalypse to me :) It ain't supposed to be easy. I actually want zombies to be able to take more damage like Ryan zombies were u need head shots.

I like the Ravage zeds as they are. The Ryan's demons and zombies are impossible to avoid and home in on you no matter where you go or hide. Not a fan of them personally.

In Ravage the walkers are easy but the runners with their speed and slight zig zag aproach are a real challenge especially early on when you have a pistol and not much ammo.

I ran the vanilla mission yesterday and noticed that the stamina bar has been removed and allowed me to run indefinately. Is this a new feature?

• Like 2

Guys, if you haven't heard of ARMAnet podcast already, make sure to check it out.

As far as I know it's the first podcast focused on Arma and its modding community, and these guys are doing a pretty good job!

Huge thanks to the 111thSOG for highlighting Ravage in their latest episode!

Yeah Episode 2 is up and available for download on iTunes and Podbean, Ravage is definitely discussed so go check it out ! And thanks Haleks for the shoutout and tester info. Thanks !  

Looking forward to the "Spotlight" episode with mod creator as Special Guest......

Yeah this is definitely being worked on with the hopes that we can really highlight the hard work the mod community and people like the RAVAGE team do for the community !

• Like 2

I like the Ravage zeds as they are. The Ryan's demons and zombies are impossible to avoid and home in on you no matter where you go or hide. Not a fan of them personally.

Turn the detection radius down. By default they are at 1000 meters. 100m is perfect.

I use a mix of both. Ravage for ambient zombies and Ryan's for hordes.

Its hard to do use the editor when you dont have a template.....

why don't you just place the modules and set everything how you like it. playing SP like you are only makes things easier since there is no need for respawn.

• Like 1

why don't you just place the modules and set everything how you like it. playing SP like you are only makes things easier since there is no need for respawn.

I dont have a template... I open up the editor and there is nothing there so there is modules for me to use lol

I dont have a template... I open up the editor and there is nothing there so there is modules for me to use lol

• Like 4

I didn't check to see if the modules were already there for me to use actually. I assumed I needed a template like before.... when I tried to port to another map before the update I had a template so I assumed I needed one again.

My only questions for this are, do we need triggers for anything specific? and if so, what do we need them for?

Do the modules just need be dropped somewhere on the map, if so does it matter where?

Also, I noticed you didn't have that normal beginning spawn sequence with the car and everything. Is that because of the way you started it from the editor or is because you didn't actually set the spawn points? How do I place spawn points?

If I think of any other questions I will ask them when I think of them.

EDIT: So I followed what you did in the video and now I wanna try the mission for real instead of just playing it through the editor, but I moved the file it made to my missions folder and nothing happened. There is nothing in game that I can play for what I made.. did I do something wrong?

Also what is the code that I would put on my playable character to make him spawn with random set of items, or however it is set up in the normal version of ravage mod?

I am literally just trying to make it almost identical to the original version that is on Altis except on Cherno map with a few small changes. Just dont know what  I did wrong...

Just made a quick mission on Australia, so awesome it's even better then my usual Altis play through because I've played so little on this map that I don't know any landmarks to give me an idea of where I am. I doubt when I find a map it will be any use for awhile until I get somewhere I can easily make out on it. Love this mod and keep up the great work. 

Just made a quick mission on Australia, so awesome it's even better then my usual Altis play through because I've played so little on this map that I don't know any landmarks to give me an idea of where I am. I doubt when I find a map it will be any use for awhile until I get somewhere I can easily make out on it. Love this mod and keep up the great work. 

Nice, I hope those huuuuge distances don't make things too hard! :D

It's been a while since I tried Australia, might be time for me to try the latest updates on this map...

I didn't check to see if the modules were already there for me to use actually. I assumed I needed a template like before.... when I tried to port to another map before the update I had a template so I assumed I needed one again.

My only questions for this are, do we need triggers for anything specific? and if so, what do we need them for?

Do the modules just need be dropped somewhere on the map, if so does it matter where?

Also, I noticed you didn't have that normal beginning spawn sequence with the car and everything. Is that because of the way you started it from the editor or is because you didn't actually set the spawn points? How do I place spawn points?

If I think of any other questions I will ask them when I think of them.

EDIT: So I followed what you did in the video and now I wanna try the mission for real instead of just playing it through the editor, but I moved the file it made to my missions folder and nothing happened. There is nothing in game that I can play for what I made.. did I do something wrong?

Also what is the code that I would put on my playable character to make him spawn with random set of items, or however it is set up in the normal version of ravage mod?

I am literally just trying to make it almost identical to the original version that is on Altis except on Cherno map with a few small changes. Just dont know what I did wrong...

I find the most efficient way to take a mission from the editor into the scenarios tab is to first start with PBO Manager. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369

Basically, let's say your editor folder is titled Ravage_Is_Great.Altis. Open up PBO Manager and hit the green arrow. Find the path to your folder (generally in My Documents). Right click on the mission folder within PBO Manager and find the option that says PBO Manager in the drop down. Then click the option that lets you pack it into a PBO.

Take that PBO and put it in your Scenarios folder in your Arma root. This will generally be in c:/Programfiles(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Arma3

Launch the game with the appropriate mods you made the mission with. Go to the scenarios tab and your mission should show up in the list.

• Like 1

This would be great on the australia map yeah... I really like the big maps i must say, but i wonder how loot will spawn because of all the diffrent buildings in it... i guess having some random small airplanes on it would be nice too, But would we be able to repair them? 

Curious question btw if i wanted to add stuff to the loot tables like the RHS AS Val plus ammo where would i change this?

Also is it possible to spawn walkers at daytime and runners at night time?

Cheers and keep up the great work.. this might be my new favorite mod  :D  :D  i love the zombies in it.. it`s so refreshing to see something else (and better) then Ryan`s zombies and demons.

• Like 2

Australia type maps would want a different artistic touch.

i.e.

*Significantly more types of animals including predators with their OWN hunting routines

and menu that include humans also

*Enhanced hunting system

Player menu heavily dependent on hunting/fishing

Food items spawn being extremely rare (forcing player to hunt)

*Ammo/guns/Fuel extremely rare on spawn

----------

Sorry ..it just came to my mind and it's extra TONS of work

This is a fantastic idea!!  Or even just more runners at night.

Sounds like a great module addition... 

• Like 1

I find the most efficient way to take a mission from the editor into the scenarios tab is to first start with PBO Manager. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369

Basically, let's say your editor folder is titled Ravage_Is_Great.Altis. Open up PBO Manager and hit the green arrow. Find the path to your folder (generally in My Documents). Right click on the mission folder within PBO Manager and find the option that says PBO Manager in the drop down. Then click the option that lets you pack it into a PBO.

Take that PBO and put it in your Scenarios folder in your Arma root. This will generally be in c:/Programfiles(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Arma3

Launch the game with the appropriate mods you made the mission with. Go to the scenarios tab and your mission should show up in the list.

Awesome, thanks! I will give that a try later.  Anyone how to make the spawns though> like in the regular version of Ravage?

Awesome, thanks! I will give that a try later. Anyone how to make the spawns though> like in the regular version of Ravage?

At the moment there is no easy way to achieve that - especially if you're not familiar with scripting. I will try to write a module or a gamelogic for that purpose, seen as it is often requested.

Consider it almost done. ;)

• Like 3

At the moment there is no easy way to achieve that - especially if you're not familiar with scripting. I will try to write a module or a gamelogic for that purpose, seen as it is often requested.

Consider it almost done. ;)

Well I wasnt sure if I was just missing something or not because I know in the normal version you have a bunch random spawn points so I was sure if that was just something you had added in or if it was already in the game that mod could just link too. Something like that. I just dont wanna spawn  in the same place every time. If I make my own mission that is.

Hello,

First off thank you for the mod. I am running many of your modules on Taviana with great results. Question: Does anybody know how to have the lootspawn script re-initialize every time you load a saved multiplayer mission? Any help would be appreciated and thanks again for the awesome modules.

Well I wasnt sure if I was just missing something or not because I know in the normal version you have a bunch random spawn points so I was sure if that was just something you had added in or if it was already in the game that mod could just link too. Something like that. I just dont wanna spawn  in the same place every time. If I make my own mission that is.

double-click your playable unit in the editor, then add say, 5000 in the "placement radius" tab then hit OK......you will then spawn anywhere within a 5000 meter radius each time you start a mission

This will work. .. buuut... easiest way is to have your mission open in editor.

Click on scenarios top left.

Click on export to

And then you export to single-player.

Your mission is now available under scenarios...

• Like 3

This will work. .. buuut... easiest way is to have your mission open in editor.

Click on scenarios top left.

Click on export to

And then you export to single-player.

Your mission is now available under scenarios...

I had no clue. :)

Me and the hard way have become good friends.