Excelent work Haleks, made an account just to say that  :) 

I will work on a basic MP mission template for those who aren't too sure about how to proceed.

This would be handy.

• Like 1

Yes, this should be enough to set up a MP mission, although there is no easy way to emulate the introduction sequence from the Altis demo.

If you want, you can add random gear to players by adding this to their init :

0 = [this] call rvg_fnc_equip
I will work on a basic MP mission template for those who aren't too sure about how to proceed.

Yeah I think that wouldn't be a bad idea. I'm sure requests from people unfamiliar with the editor will keep happening until someone releases something.

For the spawn point; is it just as simple as adding a few respawn_west# markers to give the illusion of "randomness?"

I've set up respawn in my ALiVE missions before but never tried having the game select one at random. I think just adding the markers should accomplish this but it's also possible I'll need to define respawn in my description.ext to?

Cosmic can you tell me what the difference is between playing this mission on LAN vs playing it thru a SP scenario like I normally play Ravage? I want to play this really bad but I dont know which one I should do, does it make a difference? Are things coded in that would only work thru the multiplayer aspect or something?

• Like 1

Cosmic can you tell me what the difference is between playing this mission on LAN vs playing it thru a SP scenario like I normally play Ravage? I want to play this really bad but I dont know which one I should do, does it make a difference? Are things coded in that would only work thru the multiplayer aspect or something?

You'll probably want to post questions specific to Escape here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/189683-mp-ravage-coop-6-the-escape/

Yeah I figured that after I sent it cause he posted about here and I hadn't opened up the link yet haha ;P

Thanks Stian GH, I'm glad you're having a blast - it's the best compliment that can be! ;)

Quick note : I've updated the OP with a hotfix :

Download links : version 0.1.351

drive_logo.png

Glad you saw this. Going to update on my box. 

B

Haleks, wanted to give you a heads-up on something. I've narrowed down a server.cfg related problem on my dedicated box with @Ravage mod. Whenever I put it in the -mod list for the batch file, the data from the server.cfg doesn't appear to propogate properly. I'm not getting server name, mission loading, any of that. No idea why unless it's related to some file in the root of the @Ravage folder. Anyways, thought I'd let you know. 

B

I'd love to know if there is a way I could make this work with SMD's Sahrani. The normal map in AiA/CUP has very few enterable buildings, but SMD's port has almost all the small buildings as enterable. Buuuut... They don't seem to have any classnames. I know they must, though, because ALIVE works with them and will place things in them; but Ravage will not. However when I use typeOf cursorTarget on the buildings in question, I just get ("") returned so I don't even know what I could edit in to make them work.

I'd love to know if there is a way I could make this work with SMD's Sahrani. The normal map in AiA/CUP has very few enterable buildings, but SMD's port has almost all the small buildings as enterable. Buuuut... They don't seem to have any classnames. I know they must, though, because ALIVE works with them and will place things in them; but Ravage will not. However when I use typeOf cursorTarget on the buildings in question, I just get ("") returned so I don't even know what I could edit in to make them work.

If they don't have classnames, it's going to be problematic to make them work with the loot module.

I don't have SMD's map on my HDD at the moment, but I'll try to look into it.

By the way : I may have made a little mistake regarding calculation of maximum zeds per player. If any of you tried the Altis demo mission, you're probably having very few zeds during daylight...

This will be fixed soon; I'm working on a small update already.

• Like 1

I have noticed that on other maps, buildings that return the same thing are spawning loot. Like buildings on Panthera that are also used in SMD Sahrani; typeOf returns "" but they have luggage and bags spawning in them. Not sure what's going on there.

I just realized that because this site lists the day before the month, where it says last updated was 06/04/16... which would be my birthday! I think that is a good sign =)

can you provide a link to the map.

I will look into it then,too.

@Haleks: my first port of ravage to the map "G.O.S. Al Rayak" seems to work properly so far.

Nice work you have done for the MP update! :627:

edit:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6M3I6nO2TAgbk51NFVVOG9QQVk/view?usp=sharing

that's the buildinglist for SMD Sahrani.

To use it you have to exchange the "xxx" with the desired Loottype in the file and then use it in your mission to fill the appropiate arrays at mission start. (Building_list and Building_registr)

Edited by na_palm
  • Like 2

@Haleks

Although i haven't posted on the thread in a while i've been circling above like a vulture. Going to give this a play test in a bit.

;)

If I run ace will the appropriate medical equipment load in for loot automatically? Basic bandages, morphine and epi etc? And same for advanced if I run advanced medical?

Just a suggestion,

Any way we could get more options in the ambiance AI module so we can choose what type of numbers we will see or even a group module like the zombie horde one we can place down in certain areas the we want resistance :)

Thanks.

If I run ace will the appropriate medical equipment load in for loot automatically? Basic bandages, morphine and epi etc? And same for advanced if I run advanced medical?

Just a suggestion,

Any way we could get more options in the ambiance AI module so we can choose what type of numbers we will see or even a group module like the zombie horde one we can place down in certain areas the we want resistance :)

Thanks.

ACE converts vanilla FAKS as soon as you pick them up, so yeah it is safe to play with ACE. Note that the advanced medical system has not been tested so far...

I agree that more options are needed for the AI module, I don't know when I will be able to tackle it though (soon hopefully!).

@Na_palm : Nice! Is it all right with you if I include that list to the next version? ;)

Hey Haleks. Congratulations on the new version. I'm currently playing through and it seems the balancing with weapons and loot seems a little more generous (in a good way). I haven't played long enough to see if my performance issues regarding vehicle spawns have been alleviated completely but it is looking good so far - I haven't noticed any degradation whatsoever after about 3 hours of play and additional wrecks aren't spawning which is a good sign! So I just want to say well done on all the hard work you've done.

I had a couple of suggestions for future release implementations. My first is regarding recruited survivors. At the moment it appears that recruited survivors will just stay in your squad indefinitely. I'm not sure if this makes it difficult to go on lone-wolf missions or only taking certain survivors with you on patrols/raids etc but I thought it would be useful if you could somehow dismiss certain members so that they stay in an area or are put into high command. My example situation would be lets say I have found 4 additional survivors, including myself. We have managed to hole up in a safe area. I want to take 2 of the survivors with me on a night mission somewhere and have the others stay where they are but NOT be in my squad for the mission (akin to a 'guarding the base' type situation). Is there any way to implement this or something similar?

My other suggestion is some form of rudimentary base building mechanics. I'm not really talking about what they have in Exile (though that would be cool). I more mean the ability to find ammo crates and have them loadable into vehicles so you can take them back to a safe area you could simply call your base and not have to rely soley on vehicles for storage. Perhaps some camo nets or barbed wire or sandbags just to give it a personal touch. I just thought that would give the game a bit of an endgame vibe to it. 

Keep up the amazing work!

Hey Haleks. Congratulations on the new version. I'm currently playing through and it seems the balancing with weapons and loot seems a little more generous (in a good way). I haven't played long enough to see if my performance issues regarding vehicle spawns have been alleviated completely but it is looking good so far - I haven't noticed any degradation whatsoever after about 3 hours of play and additional wrecks aren't spawning which is a good sign! So I just want to say well done on all the hard work you've done.

I had a couple of suggestions for future release implementations. My first is regarding recruited survivors. At the moment it appears that recruited survivors will just stay in your squad indefinitely. I'm not sure if this makes it difficult to go on lone-wolf missions or only taking certain survivors with you on patrols/raids etc but I thought it would be useful if you could somehow dismiss certain members so that they stay in an area or are put into high command. My example situation would be lets say I have found 4 additional survivors, including myself. We have managed to hole up in a safe area. I want to take 2 of the survivors with me on a night mission somewhere and have the others stay where they are but NOT be in my squad for the mission (akin to a 'guarding the base' type situation). Is there any way to implement this or something similar?

My other suggestion is some form of rudimentary base building mechanics. I'm not really talking about what they have in Exile (though that would be cool). I more mean the ability to find ammo crates and have them loadable into vehicles so you can take them back to a safe area you could simply call your base and not have to rely soley on vehicles for storage. Perhaps some camo nets or barbed wire or sandbags just to give it a personal touch. I just thought that would give the game a bit of an endgame vibe to it. 

Keep up the amazing work!

Thanks for the kind words Darkenraja!

Good points about high command for survivors, especially since the presence of AIs prevents zombies from spawning in their vicinity (allowing you to secure small places by using them as guards).

I'll fiddle with it, but it will most likely be a SP-only feature at first, given that I'm not familiar with HC...

The ability to build bases is planned and might be related to futur changes about recruited survivors : rather than having an all-mighty player building everything by himself, you would have your recruited survivors doing the hard work for you. Your task would be to gather materials for them, order them to build whatever object, and wait for some time for them to finish.

But I'm just brain-storming right now, nothing's really decided yet! ^^

By the way guys, if I was to include a small MP mission template, would you rather have a COOP kinda mission? Or something more competitive (each player spawns alone)?

• Like 1

By the way guys, if I was to include a small MP mission template, would you rather have a COOP kinda mission? Or something more competitive (each player spawns alone)?

Speaking of competitive....I'd like to open up my server for a little stress test of sorts, maybe 10 to 15 players spawned randomly around a map of choice, Summer Chernarus is my preference, Dayz style....(oops, i said the D word).....

During the testing phase for Ravage MP we never went beyond 6 players on the server at any given time, so it would be interesting to see the results of PvP type mission with a higher player count, the only obstacle would be finding players who would be onboard and into it....I'm to old and grey to deal with the script kiddies and asshats who like crashing servers.....maybe invitation only would be the way to go.

Guys, rather than spamming the thread with your thoughts on this, if it's something that interests you give me a PM.....if I can gather around 10 to 15 players we could try it out..... 

• Like 3

I am playing through the single player version. I found that the raiders did not attack me and just ignore me ? Even I stand behind them and shooting at them. They just ignore. Why?

A vote for COOP.

I've been fiddling with it myself, but progress is slow as I've never touched scripting in Arma before.

I'm thinking the Altis demo mission, just add some more survivors to the group (i.e. more slots) and keep it just like it already is. Except: Each player is not spawned randomly at one of the spawn locations, but all at the same one (randomly chosen at mission start instead of player join). Also enable revive.

As for respawning, there are some alternatives:

1) Put a respawn marker at the initial crash site.

2) Spawn a new wreck situation at another one of the spawn locations.

Those are the obvious ones. But I have some more interesting ideas:

Each player slot (playable character) could have its own respawn marker. This marker's position is synchronized with the position of the corresponding character. This synchronization can occur in various ways:

a) Customizable intervals

From "live updated", to every (in-game) hour, to every day, etc. This could be tied to difficulty.

b ) Specific events

The marker could be updated when making a fire, when using a sleeping bag (or both within a certain time), when close to a town, when simply entering a building (if that's possible to implement) or, probably my favorite: when area cleared of zombies (no zombie within X distance. Could also include AIs.).

Or all of the above, and others, in various combination.

So that's synchronization/updating of respawn markers. But how are these respawn markers used?

i) Respawn at teammate

​Here, respawn markers are disabled when the corresponding character is dead (or incapacitated in the case of revive). This means that if you die, at least one of your mates need to be alive for you to respawn. It could also be implemented that respawn markers are disabled for characters in combat. This respawn option should probably be combined with 1) a moderately long respawn countdown and 2) live-updating synchronization/updating method A (intervals).

ii) Respawn at previous location(s)

Here, you cannot respawn at a(n alive & safe) teammate's location. Instead, you can respawn at the location where your own respawn marker was last synchronized to. This could be "an hour ago" (in-game time) or "last safe area" (zombies (& AIs?) cleared and out of combat) or "last camping site" (made a fire, slept, etc), etc.

iii) Checkpoints

A possible extension is to not only have a single respawn marker updating for each slot, but creation of "checkpoints": Checkpoints are placed respawn markers. This extension makes most sense in conjunction with synchronization/updating method B (specific events). These checkpoints could either be private (usable only by the character who visited there) or public (usable by whole team).

Checkpoints could have "decay time", where they only persist for a certain amount of time, or are removed at certain times of day (could also have some randomization).

There could be a time interval that must pass before a checkpoint can be placed (this would override the events that trigger checkpoint creation).

There should probably be a minimal distance between checkpoints (i.e. do not create checkpoints within a radius of another checkpoint).

There could be a rolling max. number of  checkpoints (say, only the last 3, 5, 10, 20, etc.).

All of the above could be used in various combination.

I'm thinking of rolling these ideas into a standalone module. But I'd probably need help with that, hehe!

@Na_palm : Nice! Is it all right with you if I include that list to the next version? ;)

for sure, I'am fine with it.

If you have need for it, i post a link to my script thats responsible for the island scanning and list generation.

(should work for every map and custom buildings)

Thanks for the kind words Darkenraja!

Good points about high command for survivors, especially since the presence of AIs prevents zombies from spawning in their vicinity (allowing you to secure small places by using them as guards).

I'll fiddle with it, but it will most likely be a SP-only feature at first, given that I'm not familiar with HC...

The ability to build bases is planned and might be related to futur changes about recruited survivors : rather than having an all-mighty player building everything by himself, you would have your recruited survivors doing the hard work for you. Your task would be to gather materials for them, order them to build whatever object, and wait for some time for them to finish.

But I'm just brain-storming right now, nothing's really decided yet! ^^

That sounds like an awesome idea!

For the mission template I will vote for an COOP version first. It's a bit more to script in case of the truck spawn in 0.135 but you can then easily split it for more teams...

ACE converts vanilla FAKS as soon as you pick them up, so yeah it is safe to play with ACE. Note that the advanced medical system has not been tested so far...

I agree that more options are needed for the AI module, I don't know when I will be able to tackle it though (soon hopefully!).

For Ace, if I do decide to use it, do I just have to delete some of the files if I dont want to use them? I like the idea behind the medical but I hate some of the other things that it does like not showing how many bullets are left in your magazine unless you press a buttong or something. I hate and it annoys me and that is one thing I would like to get rid of. How do I do that?

I am playing through the single player version. I found that the raiders did not attack me and just ignore me ? Even I stand behind them and shooting at them. They just ignore. Why?

Did you die and come back to the same area? I found when testing a MP set that the AI would not fire on the new spawned me. Even if i fired on them they ignored me. 

Did you die and come back to the same area? I found when testing a MP set that the AI would not fire on the new spawned me. Even if i fired on them they ignored me. 

No, I just play through the SP. I think is the problem of an add-on: incognito . However,  when I shot on them, they should fight back. They just ignore me and go back to their own root.