is it possible to edit the official file, as my altis version doesnt work

and what files do you take out to remove radiation

I have a couple small things to double check and then escape will be out. .. hopefully in the next 6-8 hours. ..

It will be in its own thread so keep an eye out

Congrats Haleks on this landmark... hope everyone enjoys this with some friends

• Like 3

If someone could release some MP mission similar to the original demo mission, that would be great for some of us to learn from to design our own missions!

In particular I'm wondering how sleeping mats might work as spawn points, and how a random respawn system would work.

Congrats haleks! 

Lol. . Yep.. had those awhile now

Wouldn't be hard to do a SP version. And you can always just load mission on a local lan and play that way of course

What I meant was is it too hard to do by myself. Like is the missions specifically meant for multiplayer, but in response to what you said if I ran it as a singleplayer and not LAN would that make a difference? Does the mission actually have an ending or is it something I play within ravage that  "ends" but doesnt actually have an ending because I can just keep playing normal Ravage after... not that what I just said made any sense at all lol

@BadBenson, are you missions out yet? I am gonna try the escape mission but I just wanna ask if those missions are out that I can put into the the new update and play those while playing normally?

I am so stoked to try this lol, I am downloading it right now. Screw the new games I just bought, see ya guys in a few days if I dont die first lol!!!

Just for clarification I downloaded the newest version through PW6 so I do not know if this applies to the Google Drive version or not, but the folder name is "@ravege".... just bored while waiting for it finish downloaded and I noticed that lol. Just sayin' K bye! lol

@BadBenson, are you missions out yet? I am gonna try the escape mission but I just wanna ask if those missions are out that I can put into the the new update and play those while playing normally?

Where is the Escape mission posted? I realize it'll be MP compatible in a few hours but I don't see it in the User Missions area. Or has it not been released in any form yet?

Just downloaded and tested my mission in MP. Anyone else not getting any zombies spawning in MP?

Just tidying up and doing last few look sees on Escape... 

Stu

hosted or dedicated?

Feel free to PM me mission and I can always have a look and test it out to see.

@rolandrhaine: my code is inside cosmic's escape mission.

Okay, so when that is released, where do I put the file and do I just play it within Ravage or is it a totally different mission that I have to start. Also does it work for only that one mission or does it spawn in other missions randomly, like the ones that you would find in mods like Exile and Epoch? Thats kind of what I am looking for. Although I do really wanna try the escape mission as well.

@haleks

Congratulations for the release!

Tons of hard work here-Tons of love by everyone here.(in a strictly manly way ofc)

Keep it up man  :)

Also I was wondering if I can take it from the files of the mod or something, but what I am looking for is the template that is currently used for Altis, because I want everything the way it is I just wanna be able to edit out the radiation with the module. Also where do I put the template or file that I get from editing it? What file does it go in so I can play that normally when I am done with it?

Just did a couple edits to the wiki, bringing whatever I could find up to speed on v0.1.35

• Like 1

Also, I hadn't even though to say this (I might have spent 3 hours playing) but thank you to everyone involved in the project and a round of applause for Haleks, you've done a great job.

brief issue... can't seem to connect to server right now to do last test... will update shortly... why tonight of all nights I have no idea...

@Haleks, in the inventory window where it shows your health and nutrition and thirst, is it supposed to say that you have radiation poisoning like it used too? It shows up in red text and let you know that you have it? Because if it is supposed too then it needs to be fixed.. it doesnt show up anymore since the update. I played for 2 or 3 hours earlier and the game is really good (not a shocker,) lol.  So far that is the only thing I have seen wrong so far, I only noticed it because I was fighting some bandits right outside of a town and I got the hint menu on the side with a hint saying that I was suffereing from radiation poisoning and then my screen got all fuzzy like before. When I looked it doesnt say I have it in the inventory screen. Just thought I would let you know.

Also if anyone could put up a link or tell me how to get the Altis template of the mod that would be awesome, I kind of want to turn off radiation but I still dont fully understand how all the triggers and stuff works for the template that I do have (which might be the one from the last version.) I just want it to be exactly the way it is now just without the radiation and I know how to turn it off with the modules just dont have the template for it or anything.

Haleks, been checking this out after making a "plain jane ravage" mission in the Editor. After looking at this MP version more closely, I think I might be able to make this work on a dedicated server as a downloadable mission. I already have the framework built for vehicle and character persistence as well as the ability to support multiple headless clients on a dedicated environment with configurable modules, meaning I could write one module like zombie spawning and make it sit on one headless client while another one does loot spawning for players as well as bandit AI, that kind of thing. If you're interested, let me know.

B

Yeah, the more I look at this the more I think I could do three different mission versions: Straight COOP (blufor/civilians), Team COOP (blufor vs. opfor groups), and straight PVP with no player groups, ala DayZ, Exile mod, etc. I already have all of the guts written on an Altis mission with something like 130 markers for each city, town, etc on the map that could be used to (possibly) spawn in a random number of raiders/bandits as well as their vehicles. I bet with some work, it would work just fine.  Hmmm.

B

Just tidying up and doing last few look sees on Escape... 

Stu

hosted or dedicated?

Feel free to PM me mission and I can always have a look and test it out to see.

Hosted, haven't tried dedicated yet.

Zombie nodule works fine on single player.

Thanks.

Just a small reminder: if you like Haleks' work, consider sending him a donation. He has a donate link in his signature - just click on that and toss him a couple of bucks, eh? As you can imagine, it's taken a lot of time and effort to get Ravage to the state it's in, so it'd be nice if you tipped him a beer/coffee/weird French thing. I know he'd appreciate it.

• Like 5

G'day Haleks,

Loving what you've created. Been experimenting a little with multi-player and have one question. How do I delete characters using the Multi-player saves manager?

Hosted, haven't tried dedicated yet.

Zombie nodule works fine on single player.

Thanks.

I just found out I made a stupid mistake that was missed during the tests... It prevents the zombie module from working on locally hosted sessions.

Sorry for this, I will release a hotfix ASAP!

If any of you spot any other issues, now is the time!

G'day Haleks,

Loving what you've created. Been experimenting a little with multi-player and have one question. How do I delete characters using the Multi-player saves manager?

You have to walk into your character to switch to him; once done, check your actions menu. ;)