No chance of that happening.....

Haleks MP testing regime is brutal, the four of us are holed up in some underground bunker somewhere, it's hard to tell, we were all bound and gagged on arrival. Conditions are harsh, we get a little food and water with each Dev build, but mostly our time is spent discussing cannibalism, while Haleks throws empty cans at us from above......

and I literally typed that same thing out last night... it's like a message in a bottle...

I want to be moved over to BBs cell block...

• Like 1

MP Test Overseer rule #1 :

Frustration leads to success & innovation.

Frustrate the work force by setting an unfair & competitive environment. :icon_hm:

• Like 5

Is there a way to set up little missions or something along those lines that randomly spawn? Maybe with a module or something. I have found little bandit camps if you can call them that where there is 3 or 4 of them and they are just chilling around the campfire. Although that wasnt in the vanilla version of this mod, that was in one of the missions that Cosmic did. Is there an easy way to do something like that? I really like that and I am kinda meandering around on my own with template but I dont know how to set up something like that.

that's exactly what i've been working on. i created a system that populates the map with these things. gonna release my example mission too along with teh next ravage version.

basically camps, helo crash sites and airdrops or broken down vehicles (similar to whart Ravage already spawns) all having guaranteed random weapon loot (still limited ofc to keep things harsh).

it automatically works on any map and runs at mission start to clutter the map with these things. combined with Ravage's ambient modules this creates a pretty dense net of points of interest. once released these scripts are open to anyone to modify and expand. it all start with collecting good positions on the map so it can also be used to add your own more complex side missions.

• Like 9

The save system is quite ingenious. I will let Haleks explain what he has done there but it adds a very cool layer to mp.

To be honest, the ingenuity came from Zooloo75's concept.

As some of you may know, I wasn't initially planning on adding MP persistency, but the survival features would eventually cause a lot of issues without it.

One of the points with Ravage is to keep it as light and user-friendly as possible, wich means zero addon dependency (besides CBA) and close to zero script knowledge or complicated server fiddling.

That means having something working from the go in any kind of environment (SP, Server, dedicated or not), for everyone.

Zooloo's idea  has been heavily expanded upon; here're the basic things to know :

- Whenever you join an MP Ravage mission wich has the Save feature enabled, a new "character" will be created and saved on your profile.

- All your saved characters can be previewed and/or deleted from a dedicated SP mission called "MP Saves Manager".

- Saved characters are tied to the server, but also to the mission and terrain : if either a different mission or map is detected when joining the server, the save is reset.

- Saves are deleted upon death or mission ending.

- You can save as many characters as you want, the only limitation is one character per server.

As far as your ingame avatar goes, everything is saved : survival variables, position, gear with exact ammo count for each magazine present in the inventory, etc...

Vehicles, deployed tents and such, are not persistent at the moment - mission makers will have to keep this in mind for now. ;)

• Like 4

As you guys have read in the last few pages... lots of things in the works and there may even be a few more bonus things in there...

After release I will likely host a few coop events on our server with the escape mission kinda of like how icebreakr does his mp events... keep in mind for fps and general gameplay, it will be coop and limited to number of player slots in the mission and with a small number of slots it will be fairly small groups each time.

No promises but I would like to see more community coordinated mp events so this is the best way...

Sounds like EO is doing the same.

The A.I.M server is in North West US and all the EU guys are getting about 100 ping to it and I'm at about 80 from Western Canada. ..

• Like 2

Based on what you guys are posting, can we anticipate a release very soon  :P

I don't know about very soon, but soon indeed. ;)

• Like 2

that's exactly what i've been working on. i created a system that populates the map with these things. gonna release my example mission too along with teh next ravage version.

basically camps, helo crash sites and airdrops or broken down vehicles (similar to whart Ravage already spawns) all having guaranteed random weapon loot (still limited ofc to keep things harsh).

it automatically works on any map and runs at mission start to clutter the map with these things. combined with Ravage's ambient modules this creates a pretty dense net of points of interest. once released these scripts are open to anyone to modify and expand. it all start with collecting good positions on the map so it can also be used to add your own more complex side missions.

That sounds exactly what I was looking for. I cant wait for the next version my only issue though to be honest is how drastic the radiation is. I know the wiki says that gas masks and certain uniforms can help protect you for longer, but being that I have yet to find a gas mask anywhere at all yet and the fact that I have no idea what uniforms are the ones with the most protection its becomes incresingly hard to survive when your forced to literally loot anywhere that has like 1 house then you move on. With that being said, I did have on play through where I literally did no go anwhere that had more than 3 buildings and I tried to stay as far away from big cities or villages and military camps and some how still ended with radiation poisoning. I love the idea behind it but its a little over bearing.

Edit the mission and turn off the radiation setting in the module.

I dont really know how to do that, The only template for the mission is for stratis and I have no idea exactly what some of the triggers do and stuff so I cant convert it to another map because I dont know where to put some of stuff if they are supposed to be in a certain place or not. I dont really mind waiting till the new update anyways, it seems like there is a lot of stuff that is gonna be coming out for it which is amazing.

@Haleks, my only fear is that your gonna give up on the SP portion of it.. I cant play multiplayer on anything it lags way to much and I prefer SP stuff more than multiplayer anyways....

Most of the missions in the template thread have radiation turned off I believe...

You should be able to just download the pbos, place in your missions folder in the arma 3 root directory and access in scenarios in main menu once in game....

I don't think you have to worry about SP. I'm pretty sure if it can be done, any new features will carry over in either direction ;)

Haleks is awesome like that

• Like 1

as far as i can tell the MP portion of the update is just making certain thigns that need it work in MP. that's all. as haleks has said. the goal is to make it work in any scenario. and in most cases in arma something will rather work in SP than in MP. so no worries.

• Like 1

As BB wrote. If something works in MP then it is most likely also working in SP.

After an almost 3 years break with ArmA, I find it moved in a really nice way/position and Ravage seems to be my preferred gameplay mod for it now. Thanks to haleks and team!

I can't wait to get my hands on the first MP update of this :)

• Like 2

my only issue though to be honest is how drastic the radiation is

Radiation is tough to deal with, especially at the start of a game. The gas masks and clothes only help a little - they're not going to make you radiation-proof and they're not going to alter your choice of entering a radioactive area. I haven't worked out exactly how much radiation they ameliorate, but it isn't much.

The way I've dealt with radiation is to avoid it. I know a couple of areas that are free of radiation and I make my camp in one of those. That way I know I'm not going to be exposed to any radiation when I'm sleeping or sorting inventory. One of my top priorities is to get a Geiger Muller counter so that I can tell when I'm being irradiated. Once I've got one of those, I go out looking for bandits to kill to get anti-rad tablets (I reckon I come across more by killing AI than I do by looting buildings). Once I've got a stash of anti-rad pills, I can choose to enter irradiated areas, but even then I get in and out as fast as possible.

• Like 1

Most of the missions in the template thread have radiation turned off I believe...

You should be able to just download the pbos, place in your missions folder in the arma 3 root directory and access in scenarios in main menu once in game....

I don't think you have to worry about SP. I'm pretty sure if it can be done, any new features will carry over in either direction ;)

Haleks is awesome like that

Yeah he is, isnt he? lol  and Actually Cosmic I can confirm that most of the maps do not have radiation turned off, and it varies from map to map how long it takes before you get it. I think that is mainly because Altis has so many more cities you tend to get it faster. But like esseker I got it after about 3 hours of playing when I went into some random military camp at the top of the hill. I was fine the entire time and soon as I hit the top of the hill you could hear my guy moaning and stuff and my vision went fuzzy... i am still trying to get rid of it lol. Takistan is the only one I havent played long enough to know for sure if it has it on or not. The napf map I also got it as well but I think I had been playing it for like 5 or 6 straight hours before I ended getting radiation poisoning. The extended version of Altis was a lot of fun but still had the radiation in it except I think it was more dulled down or something because it took me a while to get it. I literally looted about half of kavala before I got poisoned, and that was with a few bandits group fights randomly in there as well. It took a coule hours non the less, and that version you have a  little spoiler alert thing on it and it says that there is no radiation but there is an option in game to turn it on, and I know for a fact that I did not turn it on. I dont really know what happened but I can confirm that it does have it.

I posted some of this on your thread as well cosmic, a few days ago that is. The Namalsk map I actually didnt get to try out, I dont know if my map version of it is bad or something but everytime I tried to spawn on that map I would spawn in the very top right part of the map in the middle of the ocean.

• Like 1

Weird... alright... I need to revisit the ports when 1.35 is released so I'll have a look at some point in the near future

So I am not sure how Haleks feels about this, but last night I took it on my own to get Ravage to work in MP. With a little bit of working with the files, a friend and I enjoyed playing Co-oP without any problems. I wanted to post, not to tell others how to, but rather to report bugs.

The first thing I noticed, and I am not sure if it is in SP too, not all loot crates have items. In SP I thought every one I found did, in MP not all of them. It did not have to do with the crate either, some bags had stuff, some didnt.

Second thing, and I see it has been noticed already, no sound after respawn, this seems to be the major killer here.

Third, zombies seem to be weird in choosing who they want to chase, unless I actually get in the way of them, they will chase my friend no matter how close I am. (Again, unless I step in front of them)

As far as any gameplay bugs, none that broke anything. Good framerates, and no glitching that I have seen.

I will not be releasing how I got it to work, out of respect for the Dev, but Haleks, if it is alright with you, I will continue to post any more bugs I find while playing MP.

No files will be released, no info on how to, and I will not help anyone that wants to play MP.

Thanks for the awesome mission Haleks, best zombies for arma yet!

There is not a lot of point to posting bugs with a non supported version of MP.

Try to be patient and post after MP version is out please.

Thanks Ashien, all those bugs have been spotted and fixed in the current dev build. ;)

As cosmic suggests, it would be best to wait for the MP release before reporting issues - there is a good chance that most of the problems you may encounter have been taken care of on our end already.

Thanks Ashien, all those bugs have been spotted and fixed in the current dev build. ;)

As cosmic suggests, it would be best to wait for the MP release before reporting issues - there is a good chance that most of the problems you may encounter have been taken care of on our end already.

Alright glad to hear, just figured I'd throw it out there in case one of them might be a freak encounter, looking forward to the release!

• Like 1

Alright glad to hear, just figured I'd throw it out there in case one of them might be a freak encounter, looking forward to the release!

You won't be disappointed ;)

Weird... alright... I need to revisit the ports when 1.35 is released so I'll have a look at some point in the near future

Thank you =) I love all the different maps and such but I cant play Namalsk because of that one issue hahah :P

Could it be that there is an issue with the lootspawner in 1.34? It looks like it spawns 2 or 3 ammo crates in the same position as I noticed while going close to them for looting.

If you look at the text on the side of the boxes I noticed that there are texts for "ammo " ,"explosives" and another one i couldn't read above another.

It is a bit strange as you have only one type of ammobox to spawn. Haven't noticed this with the luggage and sack containers...

Hidden identity pack v2 is already included in the ravage MOD which contains 3 gas masks. U will find one eventually on AI or in loot. Rare though. The tryk gas mask isn't in the configs to spawn.

I found for some reason the MOD runs loot better with RHS and tryk. I played for a few hours and no vanilla gear spawned which I kind of wanted anyway.

Ps. A loot module with the an option to disable vanilla gear would be awesome as I it runs other mods loot automatically :)

You were right, I switched over to RHS and Tryks packs and it works a lot better now. I rarely find any vanilla loot and the amount of gas masks I find are higher now as well. The loot overall is just better, even though I will miss some of the weapons from Massis pack but oh well. This is a lot more enjoyable now haha

a quick vid from a test ... this vid is a bit older b4 we moved to Altis for testing and before dev of Ravage-[Coop]_The_Escape... there will be a few more vids incoming in the next few days to prepare you all for the coming update...

and no ... I don't know when that will be... subject to Lord Halek's final seal of Approval  ;)

• Like 4