Hi there, last time i played this i got to the point of nearly starving to death then i just quit the game. I couldn't find ANY food anywhere. The airport hangers were dry, the houses were dry. The places i was used to finding food etc in, in Arma 2 DayZ single player, weren't giving up anything at all here. Was there an issue or is something goofed up?

Hardly any zombies either. Actually, the whole map was pretty bare with nothing much at all going on. I spawned in a vehicle to get around the map so i could actually find things/people/zombies.

i seem to have a similar issue with some maps. i can never find loot at all on some maps (i.e ravage on chernarus) and others i can never find food or water. if there is a way to edit the files with notepad++ or something else to up the loot rate ourselves please let me know how.  

I would suggest to anyone who seeks instant gratification not to play the demo mission....it is hard and has been designed that way. 

A loot and zombie festival can be created by tweaking the their respective modules, all that's required is an empty editor and an imagination. :)

http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Creating_and_Porting_Ravage_Missions

• Like 1

i seem to have a similar issue with some maps. i can never find loot at all on some maps (i.e ravage on chernarus) and others i can never find food or water. if there is a way to edit the files with notepad++ or something else to up the loot rate ourselves please let me know how.

That depends whether your playing with the mission that comes with the mod or you have created your own mission with the added modules.

In the modules themselves consider Chernarus for example is an arma2 map, so in the module for loot you must change the setting for arma2 buildings to yes, and if you do find loot and its

scarce then you need to up the percentage for the food.

• Like 1

Is there any way as of now to get the modules to work in multi-player?

Maybe a workaround to run as scripts etc until the new release is available?

By multi-player I mean a dedicated server, thanks

No, you'd have to wait for release which will be soon according to recent posts by haleks, trouble is you find a way and then he releases, all the work for nothing.

He has a working Mp version as it was tested by a few guys already, so its bound to release soon, best to be patient it should be anytime now.

• Like 1

No, you'd have to wait for release which will be soon according to recent posts by haleks, trouble is you find a way and then he releases, all the work for nothing.

He has a working Mp version as it was tested by a few guys already, so its bound to release soon, best to be patient it should be anytime now.

OK I'll be waiting then :)

That depends whether your playing with the mission that comes with the mod or you have created your own mission with the added modules.

In the modules themselves consider Chernarus for example is an arma2 map, so in the module for loot you must change the setting for arma2 buildings to yes, and if you do find loot and its

scarce then you need to up the percentage for the food.

well where is the module for loot and under what file might it be so i can edit it?

can you possibly post what line of code its under/near so i can find it.

edit: i think i found it. is this it?: 

property="Ravage_loot_vitalChance_m";
expression="_this setVariable ['vitalChance_m',_value,true];";
class Value
{
      class data
      {
            class type
            {
                   type[]=
                  {
                  "SCALAR"
                  };
            };
            value=80;

well where is the module for loot and under what file might it be so i can edit it?

Its a Module that is placed ingame in the editor, has nothing to do with the files themselves of the mod.

Please review the Ravage wiki about the modules---> http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Creating_and_Porting_Ravage_Missions

• Like 2

• Like 4

Nice one EO

I'll link that in the template thread too

So i place one loot module and it spawns loot in the whole town?

One loot module spawns loot for the whole map.

It doesn't matter where you place the module

One loot module spawns loot for the whole map.

It doesn't matter where you place the module

yeah. haleks said that in another thread post. thanks tho.

yeah. haleks said that in another thread post. thanks tho.

I know.....but you asked the question here also.  :P

Is there a way to set up little missions or something along those lines that randomly spawn? Maybe with a module or something. I have found little bandit camps if you can call them that where there is 3 or 4 of them and they are just chilling around the campfire. Although that wasnt in the vanilla version of this mod, that was in one of the missions that Cosmic did. Is there an easy way to do something like that? I really like that and I am kinda meandering around on my own with template but I dont know how to set up something like that.

Also I just realized I havent said anything about it yet but I have never been able to find gasmasks in the game... not on AI or anything. I always have to spawn myself one and even then I feel like it doesnt work... The ones I have been using are from the TRYKs pack and Massis pack.... do those ones not work or something?

Also I just realized I havent said anything about it yet but I have never been able to find gasmasks in the game... not on AI or anything. I always have to spawn myself one and even then I feel like it doesnt work... The ones I have been using are from the TRYKs pack and Massis pack.... do those ones not work or something?

Hidden identity pack v2 is already included in the ravage MOD which contains 3 gas masks. U will find one eventually on AI or in loot. Rare though. The tryk gas mask isn't in the configs to spawn.

I found for some reason the MOD runs loot better with RHS and tryk. I played for a few hours and no vanilla gear spawned which I kind of wanted anyway.

Ps. A loot module with the an option to disable vanilla gear would be awesome as I it runs other mods loot automatically :)

• Like 1

@rolandrhaine

If you want Bandit camps which is from Roads--> https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186118-sp-roads-for-ravage/

you should open his mission up and see how he did it, i adjusted that mission for my own play, and am looking into it myself.

Evil Organ,

I saw your server in steam, it is possible to play?

Problem with this idea is ravage its not MP compatible yet, and if Evil organ has an arma3 server with Ravage running then he has an Alpha version

that hes testing for Haleks for which Evil organ would have to give you a version of the mod which i dont think he should do til the mod is ready for release from Haleks.

Both Client and the server would need the mod btw.

What I'd like to see at least from the bandits, is small roaming convoys of maybe 2-4 trucks of bandits, kinda of something you'd see out of a mad max movie.

Also as suggested a module for bandit camps, that would randomly spawn somewhere, then you can add a number of how many within a distance

from the player and give a base number to go by like say 1 min.

An idea for a mission i been pondering is to add elements from the mission Escape Altis where the whole objective is to escape out of the enemy prison, survive by acquiring any guns, if you get your hands on a map,

the map would show you locations of enemy camps, and certain camps are ammo dumps where the enemy stores weapons and ammo there, other camps could have other things, overall your objective is to locate an

enemy base and hack a computer and send word to your base about picking you up, once you do make contact with them, then put on your map a marker of the rendezvous point where they will pick you up.

Now in this setup imagine if you added survival elements of Ravage in there, with the looming threat of zombies, and then instead of being stuck in enemy territory and fending the enemy

off as they recon you for your position and hunt you, your basically trying to make it to a bandit camps to acquire supplies, weapons and ammo, and depending on what they have,

all the while having several options of making it to a border zone that is protected by the military, kinda of like a safe haven, but a passage to start a new life.

I think having some sort of objective, or something you are searching for would make a mission of Ravage worth the need to survive, otherwise your randomly

just running around just surviving all to turn the game off at the end.

I'd actually love to see something persistent like character customization like you would see in an RPG, something similar to DAYZ (which I haven't played btw)

where what you acquired (yes i know you can save, not my point) is saved as a character, then from that point on and again like an RPG you can create a new character,

maybe I want to be a shotgun wielding dude, or a sniper, or something, everytime you start you can have a new character.

Just some thoughts.

• Like 5

Evil Organ,

I saw your server in steam, it is possible to play? Sorry for my English.

Once Haleks drops the next major update for Ravage, the server will most likely be open by invitation, stay tuned. 

• Like 1

The bandit camps in the ports are not from ROADS. They are an inbuilt function in ravage and they can be spawned using the triggers in the ports. It is a random number of bandits around a campfire. And properly placed can give a very nice effect. Particularly when place in bases etc.

A Ravage Escape mission is a fair ways in development. We are actually polishing that up as we would like to see something released that can get players into the action without having to build a mission first.

Without saying too much and subject to massive changes lol

-Bad Bensons body temperature system

-Bad benson Random site exploration

-Zec camp composition spawning random camps for sites

-static placed sites

-vital items amd rare weapons spawned at sites

-vehicle supplies can be found at gas stations. Tires, toolkits etc

-Small percent of runners

The save system is quite ingenious. I will let Haleks explain what he has done there but it adds a very cool layer to mp.

We found the same thing Gunter, we needed something to go for even in testing. Escape is a natural extension of Ravage in some ways. Likely be a Coop 6 person mission. Altis is huge. One test went on for several hours and we made it from South western altis to the main airfield b4 we got hosed down by bandits camped out at the airport.

• Like 3

if Evil organ has an arma3 server with Ravage running then he has an Alpha version

that hes testing for Haleks for which Evil organ would have to give you a version of the mod which i dont think he should do til the mod is ready for release from Haleks.

No chance of that happening.....

Haleks MP testing regime is brutal, the four of us are holed up in some underground bunker somewhere, it's hard to tell, we were all bound and gagged on arrival. Conditions are harsh, we get a little food and water with each Dev build, but mostly our time is spent discussing cannibalism, while Haleks throws empty cans at us from above...... 

• Like 4

must be your cell block. over here at mine we get bathed and they feed us fresh grapes.

• Like 4