How do I get rid of radiation poisoning? It says I have it and very occasionally my screen gets "noisy" as its put and I have taken anti rad pills and nothing is working.  It doesn't really seem to be doing too much to my health and hunger and thirst so I am wondering if it even works... I dont really mind it and I would like to keep it there as another aspect of surviving but once I have gotten poisoned is it possible to get rid of?

radiation poisoning is the effect of a few thing. Generally it happens when you are in a irradiated area (Generally towns and military compounds)

the "Noise" is ravages way of notifying you of being in an irradiated area. Anti-rad pills do work but they take time to work

To counter radiation:

-coveralls

-Gasmask

-Leave irradiated area

-Uncontaminated food and drink while sleeping near a campfire ((I think) Plz correct me if this is wrong)

a few other things i cant think of right now.

There is a wiki in the works but i dont have that link. (Link a page or 2 back)

Haleks what do you have to do to make Ravage work fully in MP and what are the issues you are dealing with?

Seems several people here have used the mod in mp/coop without issues.

Hi Gunter, nice seeing you back here! ;)

As E.O pointed out the recent screenshots & videos are from MP tests conducted by him, Cosmic, BB, & Tourist on DEVbuilds I provide them with.

I'm happy to say that pretty much all the major issues have been taken care of; right now it's just a matter of tweaking & balancing stuff before the actual release.

@rolandhraine : have a look here for the wiki : http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Ravage_Wikia

• Like 4

Haha! Whoever started the wiki, you are amazing. :) Ravage really needed that.

I know I haven't posted here in awhile but I pop in every few days to see the progress. Good work everyone.

Lots of work going on behind the scenes.

Rest assured we are trying to test things as quickly as Haleks gets it to us, so you guys get it as fast as possible.

20160319165357_1_zpsniug4d42.jpg

20160319165445_1_zps5uotbauu.jpg

20160320150858_1_zpsazlre28a.jpg

• Like 5

Hi Gunter, nice seeing you back here!

Ya man, looking forward to playing again.

Good to read guys!

Wanted to point out something I noticed with ACE, as i use ACE along with Ravage, when you get hit, and hurt by the zombies, the bandages you use to "heal" yourself

dont seem to revert the number for your health in your inventory, in fact when you go to the medical menu to bandage yourself, your character there has no wounds whatsoever even

tho your character is bloody and wounded on the outside.

With normal vanilla Arma3 ACE medical works np, so im thinking its an issue with ravage compatibility with ace, can you guys look into this?

I would rather use ace bandages and have the realism aspects then the default game faks.

Anyone else with this issue, as i cannot use the medical part of ace now with ravage as it dont seem to work, and this is with just a simple mission,

no scripts, just the modules and a player survivor.

Yeah, I have yet to look into ACE medical system; Ravage uses its own damage handlers to prevent players from being forced to walk when heavily wounded, it probably causes issues with ACE.

That being said, most of the hard work for the MP port is done, so I may have time to look into it before the next release. ;)

• Like 2

Hi Gunter, nice seeing you back here! ;)

As E.O pointed out the recent screenshots & videos are from MP tests conducted by him, Cosmic, BB, & Tourist on DEVbuilds I provide them with.

I'm happy to say that pretty much all the major issues have been taken care of; right now it's just a matter of tweaking & balancing stuff before the actual release.

@rolandhraine : have a look here for the wiki : http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Ravage_Wikia

Thank you for the link Haleks!!!

I have to ask before I forget again lol. I always think of this while I am playing but I dont wanna stop playing to ask so I tend to forget about it lol. Are there no scopes/sights in the game or something? I have only ever found one site before but its a default arma one and it wont go on any of the weapons that i think were added in by Massi's Weapon pack.. so I am a little lost lol. Trying to snipe guys at 2 or 3 hundred meters sometimes with farther with and svd is kind of annoying when you have no scopes XP

Yeah, I have yet to look into ACE medical system; Ravage uses its own damage handlers to prevent players from being forced to walk when heavily wounded, it probably causes issues with ACE.

That being said, most of the hard work for the MP port is done, so I may have time to look into it before the next release. ;)

I came here to ask the same question of Gunther, as I can confirm I'm having the same issue using ACE along with Ravage.

Very glad to hear you're close to the next release. Can't wait until than !!!!! :D

• Like 1

I have to ask before I forget again lol. I always think of this while I am playing but I dont wanna stop playing to ask so I tend to forget about it lol. Are there no scopes/sights in the game or something? I have only ever found one site before but its a default arma one and it wont go on any of the weapons that i think were added in by Massi's Weapon pack.. so I am a little lost lol. Trying to snipe guys at 2 or 3 hundred meters sometimes with farther with and svd is kind of annoying when you have no scopes XP

I've used scopes in the game before, The bandits usually have them on their weapons

Few ideas for modules, or adding features to existing ones is:

1. Add feature for the zombies where they will "garrison" houses, or buildings meaning they will be in there or roam around in them, would make a scary surprise, and considering

the buildings are what they spawn and around from correct?, Then add a scale or number of zombies you want to garrison at one time as well as distance from player.

2. Enhance the Bandit module more, I would like to fight more bandits, maybe if possible set it up like the zombie module where you can set the distance, and number, and ratio too.

Overall would like to see bandit camps, be able to build your own "base".

3. Modules that can act like tasks or waypoints but... for the enemy if anyone has messed with the Alive mod, they have modules where you can set the enemy to Invade, occupy,

or setup an insurgency, well with a similar concept, have something for the zombies, like a series of features, for an example, zombie horde could invade, they would move towards

the placed module and then occupy the area, so they would spawn at a certain distance you set, and then that module placed would be what they would head for, this would be cool idea for a town defense.

• Like 1

I've used scopes in the game before, The bandits usually have them on their weapons

The last 4 or 5 games that I have started in the last couple of days, I have killed loads of bandits and I have only found one scope...

I have a serious question, I know I am a noob and post here a lot but considering I spend a lot of my gaming time lately on this mod, whats it gonna hurt?  My main issue that I have had in the campaign or any downloaded mission or anything that included Ally AI is how the hell do I get them to rearm? I have looked it up and people say that I have to select the unit and then press 6.... that doesnt work for me and I have not changed any of the command keybinds... even if I select a unit and try to just use the scroll wheel I have three options that are always grayed out and that has never changed.. Currently I have 2 Ai survivors following me and one them is about to run out of ammo but I have yet to be able to get him to rearm or anything. I dont have any option to view his inventory except to open his backpack and that is it. Even if that does work by me giving him my ammo.. my inventory is currently full and I would like to use them as pack mules until I can find a vehicle to fix up. Is there any way to do this, maybe with a mod or something. I have found a few but I am afraid to use them for the sake of ruining Ravage.... any one using one that works and doesnt effect the game in anyway?

I have a serious question, I know I am a noob and post here a lot but considering I spend a lot of my gaming time lately on this mod, whats it gonna hurt?  My main issue that I have had in the campaign or any downloaded mission or anything that included Ally AI is how the hell do I get them to rearm? I have looked it up and people say that I have to select the unit and then press 6.... that doesnt work for me and I have not changed any of the command keybinds... even if I select a unit and try to just use the scroll wheel I have three options that are always grayed out and that has never changed.. Currently I have 2 Ai survivors following me and one them is about to run out of ammo but I have yet to be able to get him to rearm or anything. I dont have any option to view his inventory except to open his backpack and that is it. Even if that does work by me giving him my ammo.. my inventory is currently full and I would like to use them as pack mules until I can find a vehicle to fix up. Is there any way to do this, maybe with a mod or something. I have found a few but I am afraid to use them for the sake of ruining Ravage.... any one using one that works and doesnt effect the game in anyway?

When it comes to micro-managing squad mates and their inventory, Arma does a really poor job.

That's why I gave unlimited ammo to the AI (for now), don't worry about it. ;)

• Like 1

When it comes to micro-managing squad mates and their inventory, Arma does a really poor job.

That's why I gave unlimited ammo to the AI (for now), don't worry about it. ;)

OH NICE!!! Well that works then lol I did actually finally figure out how to get into a teammates inventory but its really difficult. Now I only have to worry about getting them gear cause I think the gear that they are wearing when you get them originally is crap. lol  A suggestion if I may, I dont know how easy it would be to do it but I think zombies should have chance to have some of the basic essentials, things like food, water and like can openers. Maybe even a pistol or something. If you think about it some of the were once survivors and maybe they ran out of ammo or something and got over run by other zombies. Its just a suggestion lol  Also, I really think it shold be easier to find food.... at least food that you dont need tools or a can opener to freaking get into.. my best play through so far was awesome, good loot, good AI spawns and I found 2 survivors... but I ended up restarting because I was about to starve to death... I have 4 cans of food but nothing to open them with lol. So I think that needs to be tweaked a bit. Also I wanted to know how to change the loot settings if its something I can do on my own because I would like to see a wider variety of weapons... This last playthrough as great in terms of everything other than food but I literally found the same 3 weapons or different varients of them. So maybe a total of 6 weapons. Not including pistols. This last time I had like 4 or 5 different pistols, but all the AI I found had AK varients and I would like to see them have a different weapons. I dont know if that is something I can do or something that you would have to do but if I can please let me know how.  Other than my long winded explanations of the small issues I am having its been a great mod and I love it!  Oh and what mod do I need to get the different maps? Like what once are compatible with this one?

On a more serious note... how the hell do I get Ace to stop turning my first aid Kits into a auto injector and 2 bandages? If that is ravage doing it then why cant I use them?  I dont find FAKs that often but when I do and pick them up it turns them into the those 3 items and they are un usable

On a more serious note... how the hell do I get Ace to stop turning my first aid Kits into a auto injector and 2 bandages? If that is ravage doing it then why cant I use them?  I dont find FAKs that often but when I do and pick them up it turns them into the those 3 items and they are un usable

Never mind I am a failure at this modding thing lol. I coulda sworn I had seen a list here that said ACE was recommended except that the medical part didnt work. But  I said screw it and took it off then restarted my game it works SOOOOOO much better now. Although I will admit I am kinda pissed cause I had to restart and I lost my can opener which is probably one of the hardest things to find... now I gotta find it again. Is there any way to spawn something in?

Oh and what mod do I need to get the different maps? Like what once are compatible with this one?

Check out the CUP mod for a whole bunch of compatible maps.

You could also do no wrong looking into Cosmic's very handy template tutorial for porting Ravage to other maps.   :)    

I didnt realize I had to actually port it to another map lol I guess I will have to watch that video because i have no idea how to use the editor lol =P So thank you for the video haha

2. Enhance the Bandit module more, I would like to fight more bandits, maybe if possible set it up like the zombie module where you can set the distance, and number, and ratio too.

just place two ai modules and you get twice as much!!

how the hell do I get Ace to stop turning my first aid Kits into a auto injector and 2 bandages? If that is ravage doing it then why cant I use them?

Just take out ACE medical files and you can still use ace just you wont have the bandages now, and ace without Ravage mod turns the faks into bandages and auto morphine injector.

Haleks said he has to look into the compatibility with ACE and Ravage for the medical part as I reported yesterday the issue that the bandages dont actually change your health, so til

he has it figured out remove the ACE medical pbos in the ACE addons folder.

just place two ai modules and you get twice as much!!

Cool! I had no idea that was possible, so if i placed more then 2 they would multiply, I thought that just the zombie horde was the only module that can be replicated like that, and the rest of the modules are just settings.

Wasn't there a setting in the bandits module where you can have random car patrols with guns on them, I swear earlier in this thread that someone said they had come across a bandit truck with a 50cal on it.

Anyone know of any scripts, or addons that would create a more spookier, stalker, horror type atmosphere aside the stalker music already in the mod, and without playing on the Namalsk map?

Cool! I had no idea that was possible, so if i placed more then 2 they would multiply, I thought that just the zombie horde was the only module that can be replicated like that, and the rest of the modules are just settings.

Wasn't there a setting in the bandits module where you can have random car patrols with guns on them, I swear earlier in this thread that someone said they had come across a bandit truck with a 50cal on it.

The module wasn't designed to be used like that, but yes, as long as they both use the same settings, it should work no problem.

I will eventually expand on ambiant AI options, I just don't know when at the moment. ;)

Regarding car patrols, they will automatically spawn if you set a Raider faction in the module - there is no dedicated setting for this.

• Like 1

I think zombies should have chance to have some of the basic essentials, things like food, water and like can openers.

Also I wanted to know how to change the loot settings if its something I can do on my own because I would like to see a wider variety of weapons.

Oh and what mod do I need to get the different maps? Like what once are compatible with this one?

Bear in mind that the disaster that wiped out most of humanity actually happened quite some time ago (a year or so, I think) so that's why loot is scare and survival not assured. Although zombies might have been carrying one ot two items at the time of their death (and resurrection), it would be pretty rare. Have a look through your pockets right now - got any food, water or tin openers on you? So if the zombie apocalypse happened today, you'd likely be carrying nothing of use.

One of the things I (and many others) like about Ravage is that it's hard. Adding food would make it a lot easier. It's one of the first things that new players tend to ask about. But there are sources of food other than tins. You can hunt for rabbits, for instance. Certainly, the first dozen or so times I played, I starved to death if I didn't get shot first. But now, I can find enough food to survive pretty much indefinitely, but it's hard to build large stockpiles. Play a bit more and learn to hunt and you'll not have such difficulty with food. Tin openers can be found by looting (rare) or through killing and looting AI units (not so rare).

Changing the loot settings is not trivial, but it is pretty straightforward. This page from the wiki goes into detail on how to accomplish that and there's a section on altering the loot.

http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Creating_and_Porting_Ravage_Missions

Ravage is a mod framework, rather than a mod in itself. The included Altis map is really just a demonstration. It's designed to make it as easy as possible to port Ravage to other maps (you'll see that in the above article). There are a few different missions that other people have made. There's a couple of them listed on this page:

http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Unofficial_Ravage_missions

• Like 5

Thanks for the info Haleks.

Just for those new to Ravage and to add a note about the loot setting as pointed out by Kodabar above me, I find imo that if you set any of the loot above 50%, that it takes away from what ravage is all about,

I dont want to say it ruins the game, just that limitation, scavenging and basically down right survival is almost pointless if your getting gold almost everytime you go through a house,

i suppose it all depends on what you like to do in a mission.

For my own person play I have most of the settings set around 15 the lowest to 40 the highest, after about an hour into the mission you should have at least a main gun, a pistol, watch, maybe a map,

enough ammo to clear a town (depends on the town), also considering if you have bandits in your mission killing them will yield weapons and ammo to, as well as gear.

• Like 5

So I had a longer play on the redone Namalsk map for A3, and oh dear was it terrifying and immersive.

So I created a char using the arsenal, an "Undercover Operative" armed with a silenced makarov and a camcorder. It was early afternoon and I had set off scavenging. I ran into a remote controlled vehicle, a Stomper I think, that cleared out the zombies of a factory and started patrolling up and down the roads on its own, taking out any humans or zombies who got too close. So the first rule now was stay off the roads. I couldn't for the life of me find any food, and any water bottles I found were empty (side note, the pumps I found in Namalsk don't work for filling up containers unfortunately, at least for the redone A3 Namalsk, so I'm still figuring out where to fill them up from).

Then night started falling as I made my way down a hill to the coast and into fog. It was incredible, not to mention tense as I anticipated the crack of a rifle somewhere in the distance, the incognito mod really helps a lot as well. I went into a factory building and found about five OpFor bandits in there, so I chucked a grenade in and killed three of them. A death and a reload later (I had saved just outside the building thankfully) and I chased the last two off, who took of running down the road and into an awaiting Stomper, who gleefully carved them up with the machine gun up top.

I had an AK now, but it was almost pitch black, which is where I found out that the camcorder had a night-vision setting which was a godsend. I was walking around, checking out buildings in first person with the night-vision on the camcorder like I was in a hardcore Ghost Adventures episode or something. I could hear battles going on around me in the distance, but for a good forty minutes it was just me and the zombies. Again, I found no food or water, so I headed off into the night and, luckily enough, caught a rabbit with my night vision, so I was able to kill and eat that.

I later died, though not from thirst. A gang of OpFor had found me as I was driving in the night, and I jumped out into their line of fire and one of them got a lucky shot off and killed me.This is the mod for ArmA 3 I've been waiting for for a long time, it's like stories play out as you go through the game and I can't wait for more features to be added!

• Like 5