Hello,i need help :D again :D yes, im noob with this but,how to instal this https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186530-sp-ravage-vanilla-mission-ported-including-template/its ravage esseker,and my problem is,how instal it,7zip file have one main file and one pbo file,esseker pbo maybe go to the mission but other one,i dont now :(

Hi imbus29.

The pbo goes in arma3\mission folder. That is so you can play right away.

The folder goes in my documents\arma3\Missions and is so you can open the mission in the editor to customize it to your liking or add things you like.

You do NOT NEED the folder at all unless u want to edit the mission.

Hope that helps

У Ð¼ÐµÐ½Ñ Ñ‚Ð°ÐºÐ°Ñ Ð¿Ñ€Ð¾Ð±Ð»ÐµÐ¼Ð° Ñкажите что мне делать Ñ ÑƒÑтановил новую верÑию мода 0.1.34 и у Ð¼ÐµÐ½Ñ Ð² ней не работают зомби проÑто ÑтоÑÑ‚ в домах, а в предыдущей верÑии мода вÑÑ‘ работает нормально. ПодÑкажите что мне делать??? а то очень хочетÑÑ Ð¿Ð¾Ð¸Ð³Ñ€Ð°Ñ‚ÑŒ.

@rsoftokz, I saw a video you posted on YouTube where you were playing the Ravage mod without zombies. How did you configure this mod to run without the zombies? I'm still very new to the map and game itself so the shoot on sight bandits along with the zombies means I die almost instantly every time.

@rsoftokz, I saw a video you posted on YouTube where you were playing the Ravage mod without zombies. How did you configure this mod to run without the zombies? I'm still very new to the map and game itself so the shoot on sight bandits along with the zombies means I die almost instantly every time.

Thats his mission... you want this

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186118-sp-roads-for-ravage/

• Like 1

Haleks has made his mod with Modules.

open Arma 3 Editor, build your mission and add any module you want from RAVAGE.

those modules are about atmosphere, weather, zombies, survival etc.....

you can set up any of the functions of the mod with thoses settings.

if you don't add the zombies module, you have  no zombie in the mission you made.

I got bored of being alone on the map, other than the raiders, so I decided to lead an AI by grouping it to myself in the editor. It seems that the AI won't target the zombies, and they don't show up on the "target" list while commanding the AI using the menu. Does anybody have a way to get AI to kill the zombies?

Make sure both Arma3 & CBA are up to date.

@Centurion : what side were you on?

Keep in mind that I configured the zombies to be hard to detect (even a full ghilie sniper is easier to spot), this is to avoid having an over-efficient AI : I don't want them to kill all the zombies before the player even get in the vicinity. ;)

The last version was good for me.  The AI engage them at about 100 yds or so and sometimes less. 

The Ai do fire at the Zeds for me.

The only odd one and I saw once and was reported in mission testing was sometimes when a zombie gets really close... he just stands there in a standing animation.

I turned around and this zombie was just standing there... creepier then when they actually attack... 

Hi all, sorry for my English, I downloaded esseker map of Armaholic, and no matter what I was doing, the landscape has a very strange color everything green is very bright and looks like 1 part of the army, even from afar as a screen                                                                 http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28815, so I wonder if it's some additional script or something like that, thank you in advance

Hi all, sorry for my English, I downloaded esseker map of Armaholic, and no matter what I was doing, the landscape has a very strange color everything green is very bright and looks like 1 part of the army, even from afar as a screen                                                                 http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28815, so I wonder if it's some additional script or something like that, thank you in advance

The only version that i found worked well for me was the Esseker version off of steam.

No idea why... but  there you have it.

Hello all,

I'd firstly like to thank Haleks for creating this single player DayZ-like  experience for the Arma3 engine.

I spent many many hours, weeks, months in fact,  playing DaiZy on Arma2 and have some of my best gaming memories from this time  (Single Player is my thing as I don't want to deal with other players being plebs as tends to happen on DayZ) .

I would like to give something back in the form of a paypal donation but aren't comfortable with being presented the French Paypal site when I hit the donate button Haleks.  (I don't speak any French for starters)  Can you pm me your paypal email address so I can donate please.

So, beyond this here's my experience of Ravage so far in the shape of some, hopefully, constructive criticism in how you could make the game feel more enjoyable for people like myself who perhaps arent the best shot but who enjoy sneaking around and out-smarting the zeds.,

APOLOGIES if this comes over as whinging due to my own personal expectations and perhaps my inability to shoot properly at moving targets :)  I know there'll be some people here who think the game is already well balanced or even too easy but for me the difficulty and therefore lack of progress in investigating the world for me is killing the experience a little..  I'm aware its a 'survival' game and I don't mind dying in it but I'd like to feel I had a good run and died fairly.

With that said..

The start of the game is now becoming too predictable with the very same Rook Pistol and 2 clips of ammo followed by the patrol that shows up shortly thereafter.DaiZy Had you start with virtually nothing to defend yourself with or eat and if you happened upon a hatchet and a tin of beans in a nearby building then you had a chance.. if not then you maybe succumbed to starvation or became a Zeds dinner..  it felt fair and honest.

The Super Human, X-Ray Visioned, Linford Christie Zeds

Beyond surviving the firefight with the patrol, the game then feels like a countdown to impending death for me, probably in part due to the fact I'm not that great at shooting and tend to go very quickly through the ammo I scavenge from the patrol at the start.. a lot of which tends to be wasted on zombies because they seem wayyyy to hard to avoid compared to DaiZy where they seemed to have poor eyesight and hearing by comparison.  I'd love to see a return to the more lumbering and poor sighted Zeds which would give me the chance to survive for longer and to give meaning to going prone and staying still at times.  Some of the most memorable moments of DaiZy were spent laying under a bush with a few Zeds but feet away, unaware of my presence as they mumble and stumble past.

By comparison, DaiZy felt like a fight for survival initially, but once tooled up and exercising caution, I could survive for quite some time by playing the game stealthily.  Unfortunately stealth in Ravage seems to mean simply staying at least 100 yards away from any Zed to be sure they wont detect me, but this in general means avoiding buildings. It seems impossible to be able to sneak in, grab loot and sneak away again and with the lack of melee weapons this means that ammo gets spent on Zeds often without anything to show for it.

Building variety on Altis, seems really limited compared to Chernarus and loot variety seems to be very stingy with a very high chance of getting either empty tin cans or light sticks but almost never food or drink. A large number of my deaths have been due to lack of food\drink or radiation.  I'm guessing there's no fix for the buildings and this is just what BI created for Altis but the loot could be varied more perhaps.

I also really miss the hatchet.. it was a great weapon for dealing with the Zeds combined with their slowing when entering a building (all very much a game-play mechanic and one to be properly exploited by the player) but it meant you had a last chance whereas in Ravage, without a gun and ammo you are pretty much dead as the Zeds will chase relentlessly across the map and once you have a train behind you and no ammo you tend to resign to death.

A typical Chernarus scenario for me would be to scout a building and overwatch to wait an opportunity to sneak past the Zeds, get inside the building where there was a feeling of semi-safety from the zeds but not the npc bandits, loot whilst dealing with any zeds that came in, then get out and lose the zeds in bushes etc..  None of these tactics seem possible in Ravage mainly due to the X-Ray 200 metre hearing\vision of the zeds and their ability to run inside buildings as well as run across the map after you without tiring or losing interest.  The zeds seem super human and not the bumbling incapacitated yet deadly when they corner you, creatures of lore.

One easy fix that I would like to see as an option somewhere would be to limit the Zeds to the walking\bumbling variety only as you did on the DiaZy mod; people can then choose their level of challenge.

Radiation

Another gripe (sorry I'm not really griping but just wish these things were options if at all possible so that rubbish players like myself can get more enjoyment from Ravage) is the Radiation.. the silent killer..  and oh I have died many times now due to this and find it annoying because I'm struggling as-is with the Zeds and npc's.  Would it be possible to have a switch to turn this off? again, for the less hardcore player who feels they already have enough to deal with.

Food and drink

Or lack of..   The loot for food and drink seems really low. DaiZy also had Zeds drop loot like food and drink which was a great gameplay mechanic because it gave you a reason at times to kill them rather than avoid.  Please make food\drink more available.

Zed Loot

As the above point, give the zeds random loot;  It gave a reason to kill them at times other than to prevent having your face eaten off.

I realise that others have maybe already mentioned the above points which for me are all balancing issues and I appreciate that some people will disagree, I'm therefor suggesting these tweaks could be rolled in as options to be toggled by the player in some way to allow a tailored experience.

Thanks again Haleks and keep up the brilliant work..  If at some point you get the chance to put this on Steam as a payed mod then I'm sure people will buy it and support you.

• Like 2

@OldDogMeat, based on your post here are a few suggestions,

You can tailor your own Ravage experience with the modules that come with the demo mission, you can disable radiation, increase loot spawn, and lots more besides, here is a link to a cool tutorial to help with all of that... 

If you are finding the zombies in Ravage a little overwhelming, you most definitely need this in your life, https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/174788-arma-enhanced-movement/.....quite simply a game changer.

• Like 2

I second what Evil Organ said. The beauty of Ravage is that it is so moduler. you can pick and choose what you use, and what you don't.

It gives the ability to make the experience that most suits your play style. The best way to do this is to either use the existing mission as a template, or start a fresh using the modules. I have done both, and if you do, you

are only really limited by your imagination.

• Like 2

As an example: I play with Radiation off, and also up the loot. You can even dig a little deeper, and fiddle with loot tables and stuff, but the modules

give you a huge degree of customization. The main mission really only acts as a template in my view. It does give you a feel of how things work.

You can also open up a new mission in the editor, and just add what modules you want, tweak to taste, and away you go.

Hope this helps..... :D

@OldDogMeat :
Thanks for the detailed feedback!

I admit the demo mission is really hard, especially given the absence of melee weapons.
The lack of survival options when out of ammo (combined to the fact that the stealth mechanics regarding zeds are perfectible) is a balance problem I'm very well aware of.
I'll keep tweaking the mod in that regard (and maybe add melee options at some point), meanwhile keep in mind that Ravage isn't only the demo mission : as Malyen pointed out, it includes the means to create your own scenario with ease.
If mission editing isn't your thing though, I strongly suggest you take a look at Cosmic's Mission or Roadz by Rsoftokz : they both add a lot to the Ravage mechanics and propose a different pace than the showcase.

That being said, Ravage is still young and will evolve (for the best, hopefully); eventhough I'm not very present on the forums these days, I keep an eye on everyone's feedback.

One last note : there can be no such things as a paid mod on Arma, anyone trying to sell you one is a fraud. ;)

By the way, I didn't know the Donation page was displayed in french - should be fixed now!

• Like 4

Hello guys

ROADS mission is updated to V.0.0.5P 

P is for "Ported" as now mission is not only made for ALTIS but also available for all CHERNARUS maps (CUP terrains Pack and Chernarus Winter A3 maps)

enjoy.

(PS, first page of ROADS thread has been updated with new links and informations)

@OldDogMeat

I'd suggest that all your problems can be ameliorated by more experience changing the manner in which you play.

Zombies are a problem at the start when you just have a pistol. So avoid them. Don't search buildings unless there are no zombies around. You can lose zombies by running, but not as easily as in DayZ - you need to run for a considerable distance, run round buildings, in and out of rocks, etc. You need to break the line of sight between the zombies and you, but not just momentarily as they'll reacquire you quite easily.

So at the start, stay away from zombies and go looking for AI units. Kill them with the pistol (you may have to be a bit clever about that - wait for them to reload, for example) and grab their weapons. As soon as you have a gun with a reasonable amount of ammunition, zombies stop being a problem: wait for a clear opportunity to enter a building, loot it quickly (again, experience helps you determine which buildings you should go for and where the loot will be) and get out. If zombies are following you, run around buildings to lose most of them. If you've still got zombies following you, run away from the buildings, turn around and walk backwards (they won't be able to touch you). When a zombie tries to hit you, stop and shoot them when they're recovering from the strike animation. And then zombies aren't a problem.

Oh and don't be tempted by exotic weapons, but choose ones for which ammunition is commonplace. Something that fires 5.56mm is ideal. Then you won't have a problem with running out of ammunition.

Hunt AI units at every opportunity as they're your best chance for ammunition.

Radiation is difficult to start with, but once you've got a Geiger counter, it's fine. Radiation tends to be in the areas that you'd expect. Military-looking areas tend to be full of radiation, so stay away from them at the start. Try going for small towns and isolated buildings. They probably don't have radiation, but you won't know for sure, so be as quick as you can going in and out. Once you've got anti-radiation medicine (kill AI units to get it - that's the easiest way), you can control your radiation poisoning and, coupled with a Geiger counter, you can decide whether or not to enter a radioactive area.

Food and drink is rare. Well, food is. I've never run out of water. Once again, kill AI units as much as possible and you'll get all the water you need and almost enough food to live off. You will find some food randomly in buildings, but you can't rely on it. Killing AI is what it's all about. Once you've got a gutting knife and the ability to make fires, you can start to look for rabbits. They're not easy to find, but all you need to do is keep an eye out for them as you wander about. That should be enough to take care of your food needs, although you can still run out. Ravage is set quite a while after the zombie apocalypse, so it's realistic to not be able to scavenge food easily.

For me, the point of Ravage is that its hard. I rarely manage to survive for more than a few days. Many times I've died on the second day from lack of food or radiation poisoning. If food was more plentiful, zombies were easier to kill, radiation wasn't a problem... then you could survive indefinitely and you'd get bored. In my current game, I've got a little base on an airfield with two helicopters, four vehicles and several tents full of supplies. I've even got the perimeter mined. There are two barracks buildings and a town nearby that I can raid once a day. I can pretty much last forever like that. The only risk to me is my own greed - if I want to go after some particular item of loot, I'm going to be hunting AI and sooner or later I'm going to screw up and get shot. If I don't get greedy, I'm going to get bored building up my loot mountains.

Contrary to popular belief, I'm not a hardcore player and I'm not a particularly good shot. If I spot a group of four AI units, I'm going to die if I go toe-to-toe with them. I look for opportunities to ambush them. I watch to see what direction they're heading in. I look to see if there are any zombies around (they will often kill the AI for me). Wherever possible, I hide behind rocks that will give me a straight line of fire if I wait for the AI to get into the right position. Shooting at them from behind when they're all lined up will make it harder for me to miss. I pay attention to the range my weapon is zeroed at and I try to get myself a sight of some kind as early as possible. That's my whole strategy.

I made a short video series (three 15 minute episodes) of a playthrough (from an earlier version of Ravage) showing how I do things and it may help you a bit. It probably took me about ten attempts to last long enough to make a worthwhile video. Link in the spoiler below.

• Like 8

@Haleks

Nice to see you back, thought the zombies had got ya! ;)

@law-giver : Just needed a small break mate. ;)

And the damn job is keeping me busy lately.

• Like 1

it seems people generaly don't like a game to be a challenge..... :huh:

isn't it what it is made for ???
people asked me to add more "stuff" at the begining of ROADS because it is to "hard".....

the thing is, with the modules system, RAVAGE can be used and managed as people want.
Loot , wreck, time, amount of Zeds... all can be set up on demand....

so every one is free to build his own mission.
and every one should build his onw mission.

I learn a lot about this since RAVAGE release and I still have lot to learn.

yes RAVAGE is a challenge and it is exactly why I love this mod and why I do my best to learn more to build the mission it desserves....
the mission as I see it... meaning it is not the way every one see it.

RAVAGE is WIP.
all can be upgraded, tweaked  again, but for now, it is already really good.
the next upgrades I'm waiting for are about challenging again: battery system,, more usable "Ravage" items like blood bags, painkillers, different food, ect.....

I don't need upgrade to make the game "easier".

I really like Kodabar post just above.

it is exactly how I play and want to play Ravage.

just my opinion, for what it is worth.

• Like 3

@law-giver : Just needed a small break mate. ;)

And the damn job is keeping me busy lately.

I know that feeling ;)

i have a question regarding playing as a co-op mission

is there any way of calling the modules on each player or not ?

and has anyone got any tips on getting some of the stuff working for a co-op mission ?