Hello guys,i have a question,i have radiation in all this location,any way to turn off rads? i have protection suit,gas mask and still radds up same fast without this things :( my question is,how i can loot this biggest cities when full of radiation :( Damm,i cant post image of map :(

Hello guys,i have a question,i have radiation in all this location,any way to turn off rads? i have protection suit,gas mask and still radds up same fast without this things :( my question is,how i can loot this biggest cities when full of radiation :( Damm,i cant post image of map :(

Protection gear only reduces the influence of radiation. It basically gives you an amount of resistance to radiation so you can stay in area with radiation for a longer period of time. The only way to reduce radiation is with Anti-radiation pills. Find some bottles so when you're done looting, you can drop radiation down. 1 full bottle of anti-rad pills has 10 pills and each pill drops 10-12 rads I think.

@Haleks, One question mate - can you make something similar to debug monitor from DayZ i.e. something that shows number of zeds in the area? Or if you dont want to make that or cannot make that, can you make some sort of kill counter? I'd love to have number of zeds I killed, renegades, raiders... Cheers

• Like 1

Here's a quick edited version of the demo from Ravage (Altis).

My version offers the following:

-More AI Camps through map (more in base zones)  Each mission load could change.

-Disabled Radiation zones by default (but can be enabled via 0-0-4)

-Disabled Dynamic weather only because i recommend using This Addon! Thanks @tortuosit (can be enabled again in menus 0-0-X)

-Menu 0-0-X allows script to allow auto doors to open...no more having to open each door!

-Additional Loot spawn in world items (like trash, toilets, buckets, baskets, etc...)  You will see a menu popup when you get close enough if the object offers to search it.  (WIP)

-Bases may offer more vehicles

-GPS in your car!    No map?  No problem, get in your cart and GPS is enabled. (WIP, hope to edit to allow it in all cars)

-Hunting Zones!!  Some zones on map offer more animals for hunting.

-Mission start limited gear (M14 + Handgun) + Car

-Added support for HLC weapons per earlier posts

Download:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/slj6w0258g22yhc/Ravage_JCEdit.Altis.pbo?dl=0

Have fun.  More updates to come.

How is it with radiation? full disabled? or?

Maybee its a bad question,but,where move this file? im noob with this things :(

Add it to your missions folder which is found within your main Arma 3 folder.  :)

• Like 2

i have bad luck :D game run,but have this messege No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Module_F/ArgumentsBaseUnits/Units/values/Objects.default'. 

Something missing? Or something bad...normal ravage run normaly

i have bad luck :D game run,but have this messege No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Module_F/ArgumentsBaseUnits/Units/values/Objects.default'. 

It has something to do with Module F not being correctly synchedTo/attachedTo/hookedUpTo/DivinedBy base units Object.default... The Module  is expecting one thing and getting another. I'm getting the same annoying error in the mission I am doing...

Press Close and Carry on...

Maybee its a bad question,but,where move this file? im noob with this things :(

How is it with radiation? full disabled? or?

There is a bug upon ejecting dead people from armed offroad. As soon as you eject the corpses they sink into ground.

There is a bug upon ejecting dead people from armed offroad. As soon as you eject the corpses they sink into ground.

Sounds more like an Arma bug than anything to do with the Ravage mod.

Anyway dead corpses sinking into the ground almost sounds like poetic justice. 

Maybe there's no need for that "clean-up script". :P  

Hey Haleks,

please ignore this report if it has been already mentioned.

My Situation:

I hosted a Server for my buddy and me.

We played on chernarus where I set up a mission with the following ravage modules/settings.

Zombies

Music

Breath Fog

Car Wrecks

Loot Spawn

Now the Zombies showed up without issues as the wrecks did.

The music was only enabled for me (the host and mission maker) as well as the breath fog.

The Loot Spawned in this bags and suitcases.

These were empty if my buddy checked them. Only if I checked them there was something inside and only after that my buddy could see it as well...

Of course he had the Ravage mod enabled.

Any ideas why the music is missing for him? I really like this part and it really upgrades the entire mood of a mission.

Regards

• Like 1

Hi solano!

Yes I'm aware of those issues and why they happen; I'll try to tweak a few things to improve MP compatibility, but it is going to be a long work.

I will probably make a private test version for a few people to try before actually updating, but I have no ETA at the moment (pretty busy IRL).

• Like 1

Sounds more like an Arma bug than anything to do with the Ravage mod.

Anyway dead corpses sinking into the ground almost sounds like poetic justice. 

Maybe there's no need for that "clean-up script". :P  

I dont think so. I wasnt the case earlier. The bodies would remain on the ground so it would be possible to loot them and later on they would disappear. Now they sink into ground immediately after ejecting them from the vehicle.

I dont think so. I wasnt the case earlier. The bodies would remain on the ground so it would be possible to loot them and later on they would disappear. Now they sink into ground immediately after ejecting them from the vehicle.

I'm pretty sure I didn't change anything related to dead bodies; are you 100% certain it's not happening in vanilla or other mods besides Ravage?

Haleks or someone whilling to help... is there any way to "expand" to loot list via Init.Sqf? i mean the loot that spawn in bags, boxes and those things, not the equipment that raiders can use.

I want something similar to this:

waitUntil {!isNil "rvg_gearlist"};
	{
	0 = rvg_mainWeapons pushBack _x;  //civilians weapons
	}
forEach ["FLAY_CompoundBow",
"prpl_benelli_pgs_rail",
"prpl_benelli_14_pgs_rail",
"arifle_mas_aks_74_sf",
"hgun_mas_glock_F",
"hgun_mas_grach_F",
"hlc_smg_mp5k_PDW",
"hlc_smg_mp5k",
"hlc_rifle_M4",]

But for loot... 

Want to "expand" it cuz if i activate the HC AK PACK it always spawn AK's and mags for AK's, ¿and WTH happens to my others 32897234827349273489273582635783 weapons? lol

Everytime im forced to pick one AK, hunt some raiders and get a nice weapon from a very wide selection i made from ALL my AddOns...

Ty in advance for you help, your mission (i returned to arma3 thanks to this) and thanks too to the ROADS edit maker, mission wich i use to understand a lot of things and to start a personal one :)

I'm pretty sure I didn't change anything related to dead bodies; are you 100% certain it's not happening in vanilla or other mods besides Ravage?

I have some mods with Ravage. HLC, AK pack, EM, etc. It's odd because it didn't happen earlier even with these mods I have installed. 

@Lecter:

if the guys in the car have been shot for a long time, you can see the dead bodies in the car when you are close to it but, once you are entering the car, the ejected bodies just vanish.
it is "normal".
it happend for me several time with and WITHOUT  Ravage when playing. (I experieced this hundreds of time with Pilgrimage)

in fact, dead guys are "cleaned" by the cleaning system. this cleaning is done after a time and/or a distance of the player to the body, but for some reason, bodies in vehicles are cleaned at the moment they are ejected from the vehicle with those kind of missions where vehicles are remaining on the map for the player to use them. otherwise with other cleaning system, vehicles and bodies are cleaned once player is away (or time has run out )

Since I play RAVAGE, I found several time in my game plays, bandits car stuck in a wall or trees, all guys shot dead by other AIs , bodies still remaining in the car but vanishing when I ejected them out.

now, if the body dissapear while you just kill the guy a few seconds before... there is an issue.

@mith86arg.

you asked Haleks but I will answer to you ( I think Haleks will confirm this answer)

you cannot modify the loot list from mission files, depending to the loot system.

this can only be done by modifing the loot lists directly into RAVAGE files. (you can do it for your own usage but with the risk to alterate, break RAVAGE system )

the chosen loot system will not allow you to simply add a mod and having all items of this mod available.

you need to add in a "loot list" the class names of the weapon and  the ammos for the proper weapons.

but those loot list are into RAVAGE code and cannot be called by "outside" , like loot list on mission files 

this is why Haleks gave us the script code to modify the "gear" function to modify AIs weaponry from mission files.

you can only  add  weapons like this , or you need to add your own loot system and make your own gear list (unless you have enought knowledge in scripting to make a loot system that automaticaly add mods items like the one in Pilgrimage )

so if you want all the weapons of the mod you added, for now you have to add the class names into the list of the script to modify AIs weaponry.

• Like 1

@Lecter:

if the guys in the car have been shot for a long time, you can see the dead bodies in the car when you are close to it but, once you are entering the car, the ejected bodies just vanish.

it is "normal".

it happend for me several time with and WITHOUT  Ravage when playing. (I experieced this hundreds of time with Pilgrimage)

in fact, dead guys are "cleaned" by the cleaning system. this cleaning is done after a time and/or a distance of the player to the body, but for some reason, bodies in vehicles are cleaned at the moment they are ejected from the vehicle with those kind of missions where vehicles are remaining on the map for the player to use them. otherwise with other cleaning system, vehicles and bodies are cleaned once player is away (or time has run out )

Since I play RAVAGE, I found several time in my game plays, bandits car stuck in a wall or trees, all guys shot dead by other AIs , bodies still remaining in the car but vanishing when I ejected them out.

now, if the body dissapear while you just kill the guy a few seconds before... there is an issue.

Yeah mate, that's right. So it's just how the cleanup system. Thanks for info.

Hello everyone,in ravage its any way to off radiation? or anyone have map of radiations locs? or radiation spawn everywhere,or have default places

hi everyone

i have been playing ravage for a while now and love it. my mate has been able to get most things working on mp by calling scripts from each player but a few thing wont work and we dont no why :

zombie noises only work for server host

the loot only populates for each player it would be nice to be able to open all loot (it work in the 1st edition ravage because it would populate the loot but with the updates it only populates when the loot is opened so each player has there own loot )

i dont know how hard it is to change somethings so they are mp compatible i just thought i would ask the question

thank you @haleks for this brilliant mod cant wait for the next updates  

and also cant wait for mp compatibility but it is probs a long way off atm

thanks again

all is about "variables" and "locality and globality".

Arma 3 is build a a "local" system.

as soon as you are playing " multiplayer" and/or COOP, you need to synchronize some "informaitons" to all systems on the same game.

those informations are the "variables". for example, a rabbit spawned on the map  is visible for one player but not for the other one because the "variable" about the rabbit is not shared to all systems nor synchronized.

the spawning variable of the rabbit is "local" ( it appear on one system  only.)
so the variable about the rabbit should be "public" (shared on the same time to all connected systems ).

so for now, RAVAGE is build with lot of variables as "local". it is why someone can see, ear some kind of specific AIs (zombies, animals that can be hunted and gutted) only on his PC .
it is why you can see loot containers, but not see what's inside if you are "host" or "guest", and even you can access to this loot, you will not see the same thing inside the container.

it is why a vehicle will be damaged on host system and appearing clean on "guests" system.
it is also the reason why the weather can be cloudy for the host and almost clear and sunny for the guest... etc.

so to make a mod " MP compatible", the scripter has to rewrite the scripts  to specify if each variable used is local or public (global).

more information on the excellent pdf file here  .

• Like 1

Hello,maybe its a stupid question,but,any way to add more ai spawns? And little one,ravage in this time exist only on altis map? or have more variants? esseker,chernarus or something

Hello,maybe its a stupid question,but,any way to add more ai spawns? And little one,ravage in this time exist only on altis map? or have more variants? esseker,chernarus or something

Take a look at this..... https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186530-sp-ravage-vanilla-mission-ported-including-template/  ;)

......and this...... https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/187102-sp-ravage-a-mission/  ;)

• Like 1