I just want to share you something ...

i dont know if this will work for you .. go to the coordinates 082148 in game and you'll see a camp go inside the small house and there's a supply box and there you will see lots of weapons and ammo . (make sure you kill those bandits first) :)

• Like 1

I just want to share you something ... :)

@Exia.17........if you find it imperative to "share" something that spoils everyone else's enjoyment of Ravage, make sure you use the "spoiler" function the next time you post something.

These are details I would rather find out on my own.

• Like 2

@Exia.17........if you find it imperative to "share" something that spoils everyone else's enjoyment of Ravage, make sure you use the "spoiler" function the next time you post something.

These are details I would rather find out on my own.

Im so sorry I forgot . i'll edit it ..

im so sorry im new here . i'll edit it .. btw how to use that function ?

Use the "Special BBCode" button > select "spoiler" > then add your "spoiler" to the text field > then hit OK.

• Like 1

Yeah it's true .. did you try to lower the difficulty to novice ?? or try some AI improvement mods

I have my difficulty up on Veteran I think. I could drop it down a notch and see if it has an effect on the AI but I suspect it won't.

• Like 1

Haleks, recommend you remove all of the offroad repair trucks save one or two (keep the model with the yellow lights on the roof) and setRepairCargo way down on it so it can't be milked to repair any vehicle. It's a game imbalancer.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone else here agrees or not, but I think the LOS checks on the zed against the player are too strong. They see the player too easily, even when crouched and not moving. 

B

Use the "Special BBCode" button > select "spoiler" > then add your "spoiler" to the text field > then hit OK.

Haha now you need to edit the quotes from his original post  ;)

• Like 1

Here, Haleks -- Boots AI units out of a vehicle when they've died (let's not let a raider's nice loot go to waste because we can't get to it).

_unit addEventHandler ["Killed", {
                _AIUnit = _this select 0;
                _Vehicle = vehicle _AIUnit;
                _inVehicle = (_Vehicle != _AIUnit);
                if (_inVehicle) then {
                    _AIUnit action ["Eject", _Vehicle];
                    _VehPos = getPos _Vehicle;
                    _EjectPos = [_VehPos,3,5,0,1,75,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
                    _AIUnit setPos _EjectPos;
                };
            }];

Could add some code in it to differentiate air vs. not so a unit ejects out at the same altitude an aircraft's at rather than just pop up on the ground directly below.

B

Frustratingly and unnervingly, I've just been shot out of a moving vehicle (one was a helicopter) for the 3rd time tonight. As I've said once before, the AI is too accurate. They need to be bumped down slightly. I would suggest either bumping aimingaccuracy or aimingshake down a hair bit; perhaps 10-15%.

B

Are you runnig CBA,

i like the a.i to be hard, i dont like none of that fake battle nonsense, if im in a vehicle then im a sitting duck just like in real life!!

This last update of Ravage is really odd. I have radiation in every bloody town starting from Thersia, following Katalki, Alikampos, Neochori, Lakka, Stavros, Altis International airfield... it's shown on this pic in red. How is spawning of radiation zones achieved? Is it random or this whole area is irradiated by default now?

My question is, how the hell are we supposed to loot when every town is irradiated? I accumulated 100rads as soon as I got to Poliakko and since then it's all about fighting AIs in desperate search for loot (because HP, hunger, thirst - all come down faster when irradiated), food (which is still terribly scarce) anti-rad pills, and FAKs. And I'm telling it again - geiger counter sound is rather imprecise, we need precise numerical reading or marking on the map which zone is irradiated by how much. Haleks, can you give us class name for food? I'd add it as "military loot" in init file so the AI can actually give it sometimes. All I'm finding are empty cans which is rather annoying :/
u7dhQru.jpg

• Like 1

This last update of Ravage is really odd. I have radiation in every bloody town starting from Thersia, following Katalki, Alikampos, Neochori, Lakka, Stavros, Altis International airfield... it's shown on this pic in red. How is spawning of radiation zones achieved? Is it random or this whole area is irradiated by default now?

My question is, how the hell are we supposed to loot when every town is irradiated? I accumulated 100rads as soon as I got to Poliakko and since then it's all about fighting AIs in desperate search for loot (because HP, hunger, thirst - all come down faster when irradiated), food (which is still terribly scarce) anti-rad pills, and FAKs. And I'm telling it again - geiger counter sound is rather imprecise, we need precise numerical reading or marking on the map which zone is irradiated by how much. Haleks, can you give us class name for food? I'd add it as "military loot" in init file so the AI can actually give it sometimes. All I'm finding are empty cans which is rather annoying :/

u7dhQru.jpg

Gives me an idea following yours re: food as military loot: MREs.

B

Are you runnig CBA,

i like the a.i to be hard, i dont like none of that fake battle nonsense, if im in a vehicle then im a sitting duck just like in real life!!

I got shot out of the pilot seat while I was flying a little bird over the international airport. That's not realistic. It was laser-beam accurate. 

I'm all for realistic fights as well, that's a big part of what makes the raiders so dangerous to deal with, but it shouldn't be THAT hard.

B

• Like 1

Hey Heleks,

I sent you a PM, regarding the use of DSS and some other benefit.  :) (Had a bit of a changed heart, after completing the Namalsk Crisis campaign)

• Like 2

I just want to share you something ...

i dont know if this will work for you .. go to the coordinates 082148 in game and you'll see a camp go inside the small house and there's a supply box and there you will see lots of weapons and ammo . (make sure you kill those bandits first) :)

Went there. Was bogus.

• Like 1

Went there. Was bogus.

hmm maybe it didn't spawn for you .. you realy search inside ? the big supply crate ??

maybe people won't find what you are talking about because you are not talking about RAVAGE  vanilla mission too...

the information you gave will not  be "true" for most people here....because you are talking about a specific mission made for RAVAGE and not about RAVAGE itself....

what is "real" for  a specific mission about RAVAGE is not meant to be for RAVAGE itself.

• Like 1

I've noticed no loot spawns inside Land_Barrack2, despite having Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA selected in the Loot module. Looked at the building list and it is indeed missing. Not sure if there is a reason or just oversight? 

In the mean time, appending the following to "scripts\intro.sqf" loot spawns correctly with no issues.

waitUntil {!isNil "Building_List"};

Building_list pushBack "Land_Barrack2";
Building_registr pushBack ["Land_Barrack2",0,[2,3,4,5]];
  • Like 3

Have just finished a 4 day play through of 1.331 - was really loving it for the most part and feel that the radiation and zombie damage are really starting to take great shape. The major issue for me is performance. Obviously at the start of the mission performance is great, however with each passing day it got exponentially worse. It felt like things weren't caching properly (though that may not have been the problem at all). By the third day it was extremely low fps and by the fourth day it was pretty much unplayable. Even with putting graphics settings on low it still didn't help much at all and I can only guess that playing much further it will have resulted in an unplayable mission regardless. The zombies seem to always know my location - even if I break line of sight at a distance. Maybe this is intentional but it just doesn't seem realistic - unless they have some crazy sense of smeel :P. That being said until the performance drops kicked in I was loving the mission immensely. I'm about to start my play through of 1.34!

I've noticed no loot spawns inside Land_Barrack2, despite having Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA selected in the Loot module. Looked at the building list and it is indeed missing. Not sure if there is a reason or just oversight? 

In the mean time, appending the following to "scripts\intro.sqf" loot spawns correctly with no issues.

waitUntil {!isNil "Building_List"};

Building_list pushBack "Land_Barrack2";
Building_registr pushBack ["Land_Barrack2",0,[2,3,4,5]];

this is what im using on the custom maps for the buildings

if we get a list of all the buildings  we can make this a lot easier for haleks

nice work

hmm maybe it didn't spawn for you .. you realy search inside ? the big supply crate ??

Yep, I did. I'll even fly out there now that I've got a setup established and check it out.

B

• Like 1

Have just finished a 4 day play through of 1.331 - was really loving it for the most part and feel that the radiation and zombie damage are really starting to take great shape. The major issue for me is performance. Obviously at the start of the mission performance is great, however with each passing day it got exponentially worse. It felt like things weren't caching properly (though that may not have been the problem at all). By the third day it was extremely low fps and by the fourth day it was pretty much unplayable. Even with putting graphics settings on low it still didn't help much at all and I can only guess that playing much further it will have resulted in an unplayable mission regardless. The zombies seem to always know my location - even if I break line of sight at a distance. Maybe this is intentional but it just doesn't seem realistic - unless they have some crazy sense of smeel :P. That being said until the performance drops kicked in I was loving the mission immensely. I'm about to start my play through of 1.34!

It's not a problem with cleanup of dead corpses. I've noticed there is one of those running as it deleted a few dudes I managed to frag with a 'nade. They were gone within ten minutes, top, after I left the area briefly and came back.

What causes lag in Arma is this: number of total objects on the map that have simulation and are not hidden, be they close to a player or not. That's what it is and always is. Those objects could be vehicles (empty or not), crates, and AI (with AI as units with everything enabled) being the biggest. In the case of Ravage, it could be a case of raider AI that have simulation still enabled even though a player has left an immediate area. I don't know this for certain but Haleks would probably know. I could see though after playing for many hours, and ergo travelling to different areas on the map which active what I believe are static raider spawn points (within cities and signature spots like the intl airport), that if these AI units are still alive and running around, that that would slow the machine down progressively. If that is the issue, then the solution is to disable their simulation and hide them. The AIV Manager function I posted in here several pages back would solve that, if Haleks doesn't already have something like that running.

Past that, I can't see it being vehicles because I'm guessing all of those are created and placed at the beginning of the round and none thereafter. I could however see it being an accumulation of the loot-spawned objects used instead of weaponHolders for items on the ground. I am not sure if those are removed or not after a given time + player removal from the area.

B

Sleeping bags are again disappering when deployed inside houses. I havent checked for it outside house but it did disappear in floor of the house I deployed it in.