Plus, it might not hurt to do some cleanup on the zombie corpses. I've noticed that either they don't delete for a long time or never at all.

When does this happen?

There is a clean-up function enabled with the demo mission and one of the modules; but I realize it's probably not executed when using the zombies modules only.

It shouldn't be too much trouble to fix in such cases, I'll have a look tonight.

• Like 1

When it rains my inclination is to double click an empty can to collect heavens tears.......but I'm told "there is no water around"  

Could/can collecting rain water be a Ravage feature 

I spent a couple of hours enjoying zonekiller's Lost survival mission........which includes a feature to collect rain water when using an empty canteen.

• Like 1

I like his idea of vitamins to reduce the effects of fatigue .
We need a faded can of red Bull that does something similar...

edit  --- :P Lol.. it was a joke ... well the red bull part... it is a good idea although not completely necessary with the walkers only

i find with EM, dynamic movement more than makes up for it in tight quarters

Rain I guess I can kind of understand but I really like how realistic and grounded feeling Ravage is so far.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about magic Red Bull.

For those moments when it just all gets too much...........this is a no-brainer for Ravage support.  :hang:

When does this happen?

There is a clean-up function enabled with the demo mission and one of the modules; but I realize it's probably not executed when using the zombies modules only.

It shouldn't be too much trouble to fix in such cases, I'll have a look tonight.

Last time I played was a few days ago so I can't remember exactly, but I think they were still around after a good 10-15 minutes. You could flag the death timer on a Killed EH or something and have it get nuked after x minutes surpasses in the cleanup function.

Oh, speaking of Killed EH, what do you think about the low possibility of zed dropping loot? Say, an object spawning at their corpse after death? canned food, empty cans, crap like that that they may have on their person?

B

Haleks,

I have been playing this mod regularly and really like it. There really isn't much that I think needs to be changed about it, but..  One thing would be for the dead to attack vehicles. I keep thinking how awesome it would be to get stuck in a herd and run for your truck and then they just gather around it and beat the hell out of it. 

The other is I see that you will start requiring us to collect some vehicle parts for repairs. Whats the chance that some of these parts could be scavenged from the wrecked vehicles that spawn around the map?

That's about all I got.

Thanks,

Fire

• Like 1

i like this part but not the zombie part!

The other is I see that you will start requiring us to collect some vehicle parts for repairs. Whats the chance that some of these parts could be scavenged from the wrecked vehicles that spawn around the map?

Chernarus RAVAGE Tour.

yet7QZ.jpg

we started the two of us..... 

RPPOat.jpg

and then we began to meet some friends of us....

jD0kmr.jpg

testing porting on Chernarus CUP Terrins edition.

survival works for both of us, such as additionnal loot system even after respawn.

Player commander init line (copied from mission.sqm:

init="removeHeadgear this;  removeGoggles this;  removeVest this;  removeBackpack this;  removeUniform this;  removeAllWeapons this;  removeAllAssignedItems this; 0 = [this] call rvg_fnc_equip;; this setFace ""WhiteHead_21""; 0 = [true, [], [], [[], true, true]] execVM ""vip_lit\vip_lit_init.sqf""; null = [this] execVM ""scripts\searchtrashloot.sqf"";   this addeventhandler [""respawn"",""_this execVM 'scripts\searchtrashloot.sqf'""]; this moveInDriver C1;";

Player CDG init line from mission.sqm

init="removeHeadgear this;  removeGoggles this;  removeVest this;  removeBackpack this;  removeUniform this;  removeAllWeapons this;  removeAllAssignedItems this; 0 = [this] call rvg_fnc_equip; 0 = [true, [], [], [[], true, true]] execVM ""vip_lit\vip_lit_init.sqf""; null = [this] execVM ""\ravage\code\survival\survival_init.sqf"";   this addeventhandler [""respawn"",""_this execVM '\ravage\code\survival\survival_init.sqf'""]; null = [this] execVM ""scripts\searchtrashloot.sqf"";   this addeventhandler [""respawn"",""_this execVM 'scripts\searchtrashloot.sqf'""]; this moveInCargo C1;";

random gear, weapon and uniform on start, both in the same vehicle* on randow spawn points (15 differents aeras to spawn).....

gutting rabbit works.... (RAVAGE V.0.1.331)

:)

*vehicle  is empty, broken and out of fuel at the mission start, so we have to walk.

• Like 2

Happy to hear that, rsoftokz!

I have high hopes for a MP version of both RAVAGE and your ROADS/ROADZ missions.  Even if you can only achieve small FPS increases by working on the spawn coding itself, the possibility to run those system straining missions in MP offers the chance to use Dedicated servers, maybe even - if it's possible for you to implement that - Headless clients.

Keep up your great work!

Nice mod, i like it...

I always liked DayZ, but sadly its only for MP, and i only want to play SP.. so thank you for making this mod :)

I know that this is a beta, but are you working on some axes, showels and so on to defend your self ??

Is it possible that you could add the HLC G3 to the mod ?? i love that rifle :)

is it possible to make the fast runninf zombies a bit slower ??

keep the great work going

best regards

Dennis

I know it's bad protocol to ask about next version ETA's......but, there is some juicy content in that 1.34 reveal. 

Hi,

Just wanted to say that I love your Mod. It is great that you can add all the modules seperatly, and I am very excited about the upcoming 1.34.

Keep up  the awesome work. We love you! :D 

I know it's bad protocol to ask about next version ETA's......but, there is some juicy content in that 1.34 reveal.

Should be up in a few hours. ;)

• Like 4

Ravage v0.1.34 is out!

Here's the changelog for the last release this year :

Tweaked :
Added more weapons, uniforms & vehicles from RHS Mod.
Added more uniforms from WarfareThai Mod.
Removed a few high-end uniforms from NPC loadouts.*
Minor tweaks made to the demo mission.
Various changes to the loot system.
Buildings will only spawn loot once a day.
Tweaked Fatigue configuration.
Several changes to zombie attack animation & handling.
Zombie damage resistance has been towned down a bit.
Minor tweaks to Status Display.
Re-wrote hunting system : double-click on a knife from your inventory to gut a nearby animal.

Fixed :
Fixed several calculation errors with zed LOS.
Wrong building model replacement causing issues with zeds stuck inside.
Radioactive zones sometimes spawning around NPC camps.
Minor fixes to the Zombie Spawn system.
Player unable to gather fuel from most fuel pumps.
Groaning sounds when injured weren't disabled for all voice profiles after the Nexus update.
[RHS] Fixed an error in the weapons loot list.

New :
Zombies have a small chance to grab the player's backpack when attacking from behind.
Added a few safeguards & debug logs.
Zombies can't spawn when there's a human nearby.**
Fixing wheels now requires spare tires (but doesn't consume toolkits anymore).
Fuel sources hold a limited amount of fuel and can be depleted.
Added suport for Sigma6's Birds & Bees.

*Note to mission makers : lvl2 & lvl3 uniforms no longer exist.
**It is possible to permanently secure a small location by ordering friendlies to hold it.

Download link :

drive_logo.png

I'll be away from my computer the next few days, so don't worry if I don't answer to bug reports, prizes and curses!
See you next year guys!

• Like 9

If anyone deserves a few days off, it's fair to say, you come tops.

You are also one of the most selfless modders around these parts, always helpful, always positive, always open and receptive to others.

Big thanks for your dedication to Ravage this year, looking forward to what's in store for 2016.........

Joyeuses Fêtes et Bonne Année!

• Like 3

Agreed... you rock Haleks.

Thanks for the fantastic addition to the ArmaVerse.

I hope I do the default mission justice in the Ports

All the best during the holidays!

small weird one in the rpt for ya

14:01:08 "0 : Ravage : Warning! Incorrect weapon classnames : ["rhs_weap_svdp_npz_dtk"]"

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

small weird one in the rpt for ya

14:01:08 "0 : Ravage : Warning! Incorrect weapon classnames : ["rhs_weap_svdp_npz_dtk"]"

Damn I didn't catch that one...
That's a little safety I added to detect uncorrect classnames for the weapons (will extend it to other items); it will remove wrong classnames from the final lists, in order to make sure the loot system doesn't try to spawn something that doesn't exist.

If you guys spot any other RPT report like this one, make sure to give me the heads-up so I can correct the loot lists.

• Like 1

Been playing this new update for an hour now, Haleks. It's better.

B

Played it yesterday for a while. It played much better. Got a few suggestions for you, Haleks:

1) I think you may've counter-balanced too far in the opposite direction with the zed, either with the (lack of) amount of spawn or with the damage modifier changed to make them easier to kill. I'm guessing this was done because of the change of attack animation, making it difficult to avoid them, but it may be a bit too far. I could be wrong, though. 

2) Yank the fuel out of the fuelCargo of the main fuel truck at the airport in the same fashion that you set fuelCargo totals at the gas stations. I was still able to top off a bird with it.

3) I still think the zed see you a little too well especially when standing up. Do they account for a player moving vs. standing still, or from rain/fog, or night/day, or the type of terrain they're standing on (tall grass vs. say dry lake bed)?

4) Whatcha think about a Antonov AN-2 prop plane at an airfield or two somewhere?

EDIT:

5) Speaking of dry lake bed, zed are spawning off of the runway markers. May want to take a look at that.

B

Why is protective suit now called "worker's coveralls"? Is this a bug or what?

Frustratingly and unnervingly, I've just been shot out of a moving vehicle (one was a helicopter) for the 3rd time tonight. As I've said once before, the AI is too accurate. They need to be bumped down slightly. I would suggest either bumping aimingaccuracy or aimingshake down a hair bit; perhaps 10-15%.

B

Frustratingly and unnervingly, I've just been shot out of a moving vehicle (one was a helicopter) for the 3rd time tonight. As I've said once before, the AI is too accurate. They need to be bumped down slightly. I would suggest either bumping aimingaccuracy or aimingshake down a hair bit; perhaps 10-15%.

B

Yeah it's true .. did you try to lower the difficulty to novice ?? or try some AI improvement mods

Ok I've compiled a list of HLC weapon pack (best one imho between HLC, massi's, and RHS escalation - I've tested all 3, HLC is by far the best)  into script written by rsoftokz. It includes of weapons from HLC weapon pack which will give you more variety in AI guns. Of course you need to download them and place them into @hlcmods mod folder into your ArmA 3 directory. His tutorial how to edit init.sqf and add this script at the end of the init file is here:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/183264-ravage-mod/?p=2950214

And here is the list I picked out from HLC weapon pack. Note that both groups have all weapons in them, so you want to delete weapons from the "civilian weapons" list (these are more common) those which you want to make more rare i.e. to have them only in "military weapons" list. You can also delete those accessories (they include suppressors and optics) which you dont want to be on the AI. Once again thanks to rsoftokz for the script he wrote. Happy holidays people.

waitUntil {!isNil "rvg_gearlist"};
    {
    0 = rvg_mainWeapons pushBack _x; //civilians weapons
    }
forEach ["hlc_rifle_ak74",                          //AK FAMILY
"hlc_rifle_aks74",        
"hlc_rifle_aks74u",        
"hlc_rifle_ak47",        
"hlc_rifle_akm",        
"hlc_rifle_rpk",        
"hlc_rifle_ak12",        
"hlc_rifle_akmgl",        
"hlc_rifle_aks74_GL",        
"hlc_rifle_FAL5061",                                  //FAL        
"hlc_rifle_SLRchopmod",    
"hlc_rifle_falosw",        
"hlc_rifle_g3sg1",                                       //HK G3 PSG1
"hlc_rifle_psg1",        
"hlc_rifle_g3ka4",        
"hlc_rifle_M14DMR",                                        //M14
"hlc_rifle_m14sopmod",    
"hlc_rifle_RU556",                                   //AR15 FAMILY
"hlc_rifle_RU5562",        
"hlc_rifle_Colt727",        
"hlc_rifle_Colt727_GL",        
"hlc_rifle_bcmjack",         
"hlc_rifle_Bushmaster300",    
"hlc_rifle_vendimus",        
"hlc_rifle_SAMR",        
"hlc_rifle_honeybadger",    
"hlc_smg_mp5n",                                             //MP5
"hlc_lmg_minimi_railed",                                    //SAW
"hlc_rifle_awcovert",                                                 //AWM SNIPER
"hlc_rifle_awmagnum"];
    {
    0 = rvg_Weapons pushBack _x; // military weapons
    }
forEach ["hlc_rifle_ak74",                          //AK FAMILY
"hlc_rifle_aks74",        
"hlc_rifle_aks74u",        
"hlc_rifle_ak47",        
"hlc_rifle_akm",        
"hlc_rifle_rpk",        
"hlc_rifle_ak12",        
"hlc_rifle_akmgl",        
"hlc_rifle_aks74_GL",        
"hlc_rifle_FAL5061",                                  //FAL        
"hlc_rifle_SLRchopmod",    
"hlc_rifle_falosw",        
"hlc_rifle_g3sg1",                                       //HK G3 PSG1
"hlc_rifle_psg1",        
"hlc_rifle_g3ka4",        
"hlc_rifle_M14DMR",                                        //M14
"hlc_rifle_m14sopmod",    
"hlc_rifle_RU556",                                   //AR15 FAMILY
"hlc_rifle_RU5562",        
"hlc_rifle_Colt727",        
"hlc_rifle_Colt727_GL",        
"hlc_rifle_bcmjack",         
"hlc_rifle_Bushmaster300",    
"hlc_rifle_vendimus",        
"hlc_rifle_SAMR",        
"hlc_rifle_honeybadger",    
"hlc_smg_mp5n",                                             //MP5
"hlc_lmg_minimi_railed",                                    //SAW
"hlc_rifle_awcovert",                                                 //AWM SNIPER
"hlc_rifle_awmagnum"];
    {
    0 = rvg_Items pushBack _x; // accessories
    }
forEach ["HLC_Optic_PSO1",
"HLC_Optic_1p29",
"hlc_muzzle_545SUP_AK",
"hlc_muzzle_762SUP_AK",
"hlc_optic_kobra",
"hlc_optic_goshawk",
"hlc_muzzle_snds_fal",
"hlc_optic_PVS4FAL",